PDA

View Full Version : Incredible

mcornelio
06-15-2005, 09:27 AM
no disrespect to the pistons, they played a great game and got done what they needed to do, but i knew this was going to happen since i heard larry brown complaining about refs... they always do this shit... i would love to find a pistons fan who could tell me that the refs wherent biased... regardless, hopefully manu is ok and will be ready to play, and if hes not it would be better to bench him, let him rest until game 5... we had a really shitty shooting performance and the only person who was playing like himself was Toilet Paper.... it seems like the pistons have stepped up their defense and they where 3 times as agressive game 3 than they have been all series... we need to start being just as agressive and use rasho and massenburg, and where was my amigo brent barry last night.. he had a hedo-eske night? :spin

i trust our coaching to make nessesary adjustments and the pistons should be ready for war

by the way i predicted spurs in 7 so im still on track

GrandeDavid
06-15-2005, 09:31 AM
There were some questionable calls, like Horry stepping on the line on that long rebound. I think the key thing is also Manu's health. Rest him if you must. The Spurs will win one of these three in Detroit, no doubt. While I'm disappointed in the ugly final margin, I kind of expected a loss tonight. Also, I was pleased that the Spurs were up one at the half.

Then came Beno's textbook rookie f- ups, Duncan getting swallowed by the Detroit interior defense, and absolutely weak movement on defense. The Spurs will get back on the boards in Game 5, Duncan will have a good game and the outcome will be much, much closer.

WayDowntownBang
06-15-2005, 09:33 AM
There were some questionable calls, like Horry stepping on the line on that long rebound. I think the key thing is also Manu's health. Rest him if you must. The Spurs will win one of these three in Detroit, no doubt. While I'm disappointed in the ugly final margin, I kind of expected a loss tonight. Also, I was pleased that the Spurs were up one at the half.

Then came Beno's textbook rookie f- ups, Duncan getting swallowed by the Detroit interior defense, and absolutely weak movement on defense. The Spurs will get back on the boards in Game 5, Duncan will have a good game and the outcome will be much, much closer.

Although I agree, one small correction. The play where Horry stepped on the line. They didn't call the out-of-bounds because his foot was on the line, because it wasn't. The call was, he was standing out of bounds, and jumped back in bounds. The ball got to him before he 'landed' in bounds. Kind of a wierd, un-used rule which I can see Spurs fans taking both ways, but that's how it was explained to me. At first I thought the same thing, Horry's foot was NOT out of bounds.

duncan_21
06-15-2005, 09:34 AM
I figured this game would be close and coulda went either way of if the pistons won it would be by 8-10 pts. I didn't see this coming just like I didn't see the pistons gettin killed in game 1 and 2.

I thought that the game was called poorly on both sides. The first to was imo a foul on ben wallace. Overall the game was called fairly, but barry and beno's tos killed us. It also didn't help that manu got hurt and horry couldn't buy anything other then a layup.

MainEvent
06-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Well, the Spurs still shot more FTs than the Pistons and two Pistons starters, Billups and Rip had 5 fouls each while no Spur had more than 4. The total fouls were 21 for the Spurs to 18 for the Pistons.

I do think the reffing was different last night, and it's partly because it was a different crew. Some of the calls the Spurs got in SA certainly didn't get called or didn't go their way last night. But I think the biggest difference was the Pistons aggressive play. SA was the aggressor in games 1 and 2 and they benefited from it. Last night it was the Pistons forcing the issue. It will be interesting to see who can come out with the energy and hustle in game 4.

duncan_21
06-15-2005, 09:37 AM
Well, the Spurs still shot more FTs than the Pistons and two Pistons starters, Billups and Rip had 5 fouls each while no Spur had more than 4. The total fouls were 21 for the Spurs to 18 for the Pistons.

I do think the reffing was different last night, and it's partly because it was a different crew. Some of the calls the Spurs got in SA certainly didn't get called or didn't go their way last night. But I think the biggest difference was the Pistons aggressive play. SA was the aggressor in games 1 and 2 and they benefited from it. Last night it was the Pistons forcing the issue. It will be interesting to see who can come out with the energy and hustle in game 4.

Couldn't agree more.

mcornelio
06-15-2005, 09:39 AM
if you are out of bound and you where not the last player to touch the basketball then you could save it, as long as no part of your body is touching the out of bounds area... so if someone throws you the ball and you jump and throw it back in while in the air its still in play, not only that but even if you go out of bounds and come back in and take the ball its in play unless you where the last person to touch it, so i think that was just a fucked up call... but that wasnt even the one that got me really pissed... it was when someone on the pistons lost the ball and it when out of bounds... nobody was even close to the ball and they sayd that horry was the last to touch it.. that was just some blatant shit.... even though they gave us a make up call later on that just fucks up the tempo

Useruser666
06-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Although I agree, one small correction. The play where Horry stepped on the line. They didn't call the out-of-bounds because his foot was on the line, because it wasn't. The call was, he was standing out of bounds, and jumped back in bounds. The ball got to him before he 'landed' in bounds. Kind of a wierd, un-used rule which I can see Spurs fans taking both ways, but that's how it was explained to me. At first I thought the same thing, Horry's foot was NOT out of bounds.

I thought the ref had called it as Horry didn't have both feet inbounds before he touched the ball. That's how I understood it. I think he did have booth feet in, but it was close.

Experiment2100
06-15-2005, 09:42 AM
I was pissed about the Rasheed one.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-15-2005, 09:43 AM
You have to establish yourself back on the court by having both feet inbounds before you can touch the ball.

MiNuS
06-15-2005, 09:46 AM
Not incredible.

very simply said like Rick Barry stated on ESPN Radio earlier:
Win 1 out of the three and take it back to the SBC. The Spurs
haven't lost three consecutive games(well they have)..this season.

I think after seeing last nights game its easier said than done BUT
Spurs came out UNFOCUSED.

No problemo.
Spurs in 6

boutons
06-15-2005, 09:48 AM
"Billups and Rip had 5 fouls each"

Rip is pretty prolific fouler. I've seen end games with 5, or foul out, several times this season, head-band tossing, including getting ejected for double Ts. So last night was nothing special for him.

I think the Pistons, backs to the wall, took their best shot last night, solid defense, hitting their shots, and they still needed a gawdaful horrible game from the Spurs to win it, at home. Had Manu and Tim been giving their avg playoff game (which the Pistons had a hand in), it would be 3-0.

I'm fairly sure it will go 6 games, with Spurs coming home 3-2 to finish it.

SouthernFried
06-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Horry caught the ball before he established himself in bounds. It was a good call.

Refs had nothing to do with why Spurs lost tonite.

But, they did call the game differently.

Is it so wrong to want some consistency in officiating? I know the refs can do a good job, I just want them to do it consistently. They call games differently depending on who's court it is. They call it differenty for the Stars of the game. They call it differently in a series vs regular season. They call it differently for players they don't like, over the ones they do like...etc.

That, coupled with the inability to say anything about the ref's, and heavy fines if you do...leads people to beleive there is something not right about how the highest level of basketball in the world...is being "handled."

Marklar MM
06-15-2005, 09:51 AM
"Billups and Rip had 5 fouls each"

Rip is pretty prolific fouler. I've seen end games with 5, or foul out, several times this season, head-band tossing, including getting ejected for double Ts. So last night was nothing special for him.

I think the Pistons, backs to the wall, took their best shot last night, solid defense, hitting their shots, and they still needed a gawdaful horrible game from the Spurs to win it, at home. Had Manu and Tim been giving their avg playoff game (which the Pistons had a hand in), it would be 3-0.

I'm fairly sure it will go 6 games, with Spurs coming home 3-2 to finish it.

So by this quote, you are saying that the Spurs gave it their best shot in San Antonio. Because I know that this is the only game that Detroit has actually showed up to play.

easjer
06-15-2005, 09:51 AM
I knew calls wouldn't go our way (that is not to say the refs were biased or unfair), because that's one of the subtle things about being at home.

My objection to the refs last night was the crazy physical play they allowed. People were getting hurt, and that makes me angry. Physical play is fine. Allowing two defensive teams room to play is fine. Letting people get hit and hurt with no call (I don't which end of the court we're talking about) is not okay.

THAT is precisely why I like Danny Crawford so much. He doesn't allow that shit to happen.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Horry caught the ball before he established himself in bounds. It was a good call.

Refs had nothing to do with why Spurs lost tonite.

But, they did call the game differently.

Is it so wrong to want some consistency in officiating? I know the refs can do a good job, I just want them to do it consistently. They call games differently depending on who's court it is. They call it differenty for the Stars of the game. They call it differently in a series vs regular season. They call it differently for players they don't like, over the ones they do like...etc.

That, coupled with the inability to say anything about the ref's, and heavy fines if you do...leads people to beleive there is something not right about how the highest level of basketball in the word...is being "handled."

I agree completely. Each game has been different.

MainEvent
06-15-2005, 09:54 AM
I think the Pistons, backs to the wall, took their best shot last night.

Defensively, maybe. But offensively, they are still missing way too many short shots around the rim.

Also, Parker is about due for one of his stone-cold shooting nights from the outside. Quite frankly, if the Spurs continue to hit long jumpers as well as they have, it will be very tough for the Pistons to stop them.

MiNuS
06-15-2005, 09:55 AM
The Pistons came out playing their BEST game overall. We all can agree the game was tied until 1 minute before the 3rd quarter ended and then all hell broke lose.
Very similar to game 1 but with game 2 score.

The Spurs did not go into the paint and were constantly having balls batted down and ball movement desrupted and stollen. Very good game for the Pistons and VERY sloppy Spurs.
I still like our chances being up 2-1. I wouldn't feel as comfortable IF the Pistons went up 3-2.I know then the Piston would do everything in their power to win that ONE game in SBC. Spurs WILL win 1 of the next two games. It's likly the next games score will be very LOW,in the 80's or 70's due to alot of ball control.

stmfuller
06-15-2005, 09:58 AM
I knew calls wouldn't go our way (that is not to say the refs were biased or unfair), because that's one of the subtle things about being at home.

My objection to the refs last night was the crazy physical play they allowed. People were getting hurt, and that makes me angry. Physical play is fine. Allowing two defensive teams room to play is fine. Letting people get hit and hurt with no call (I don't which end of the court we're talking about) is not okay.

THAT is precisely why I like Danny Crawford so much. He doesn't allow that shit to happen.
Billups got a no-call in the last series...and was BLEEDING!!!!!!!
last night was nothing

Marklar MM
06-15-2005, 10:03 AM
Billups got a no-call in the last series...and was BLEEDING!!!!!!!
last night was nothing

He looked like Dracula after feasting on a helpless dames neck.