PDA

View Full Version : Would-be thief armed with axe targets wrong car, locks himself inside

RandomGuy
10-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Newest future candidate for a Darwin Award...

----------------------------

PRINCE GEORGE, B.C. - A would-be car thief allegedly armed with an axe has learned a powerful lesson from a powerless car parked in a Prince George, B.C., driveway.

Brent Jameson Morgan, 20, now knows that the Corvette he tried to steal on Sunday afternoon becomes nothing more than a four-wheeled holding cell when the battery dies and common sense goes out the window.

RCMP Cpl. Craig Douglass said Monday that Morgan allegedly jumped into the idling Corvette just as the owner was putting away a charger used to revive the sports car's dead battery.

The owner watched in disbelief as the suspect rolled up the power windows, locked the power doors and promptly stalled the vehicle.

"Unfortunately for the (suspect), he was not good with a standard transmission and stalled the Corvette when he attempted to reverse out of the driveway," Douglass said.

The shocked owner wasn't able to take any action because the man in his car was brandishing bear spray, Douglass said.

With not enough juice in the battery to restart the car, the suspect was trapped inside the Corvette after failing to break the window with the victim's anti-theft steering wheel lock and an axe in his backpack.

As police arrived, Morgan was attempting to exit the vehicle after allegedly smashing the driver side window with his screw driver — apparently for no good reason.

"As it turns out, all the suspect would have had to do was manually slide the door lock to the side and the door would have opened," Douglass said.

Morgan was arrested and his bicycle was removed from the scene.

He's been charged with theft, mischief, possession of break-in instruments and possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/would-be-thief-armed-with-axe-targets-wrong-car-locks-himself-inside-132488683.html

----------------------------------------------------------------
That is the kind of thing that would get your ass shot in Texas.

Drachen
10-26-2011, 10:46 AM
and his bicycle was removed from the scene.

LOL!!!! :lol:lmao:rollin

pawe
10-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Reports said he broke the window of the vette, will the thief be required to pay for the damages or the insurance deductible in these kinds of situations?

baseline bum
10-26-2011, 12:46 PM
The only way the story could have gotten better is if he released some of that bear spray inside the car when he was trapped in it.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Reports said he broke the window of the vette, will the thief be required to pay for the damages or the insurance deductible in these kinds of situations?

Of course. He is liable for all the damages. if the insurance pays then they will go after him to recoup the losses.

pawe
10-26-2011, 03:06 PM
What if he's broke and doesnt have the money to pay the damages?

MaNuMaNiAc
10-26-2011, 05:11 PM

he... goes to... prison? or should I say, stays in prison.

resistanze
10-26-2011, 05:29 PM
So this guy was carrying an axe, bear spray and a screwdriver all while riding a bicycle? WTF?

Drachen
10-26-2011, 05:30 PM

I actually had some kids break into my truck in high school to steal my stereo. They were complete morons and took forever. They ended up getting caught right as they were leaving my truck (bleeding all over the place from punching in my window - LOL). They were sentenced to pay me 25 dollars a month in order to pay for the stereo (which they broke), the dash (which they broke), the window, and a full carpet cleaning (for all the blood). I think they ended up having to pay for 2 or 2.5 years. They did and I got every penny.

pawe
10-26-2011, 06:42 PM
he... goes to... prison? or should I say, stays in prison.

So do they work for the money in prison?
I was just reading this article when I saw this thread about someone going to jail and also was sentenced to pay 1.25mil in damages and I thought how is a lowlife going to be able to pay 1 mil while in jail.

baseline bum
10-26-2011, 07:03 PM
So this guy was carrying an axe, bear spray and a screwdriver all while riding a bicycle? WTF?

That sounds like how Manny rolls tbh.