PDA

View Full Version : At&t... F u

stretch
10-26-2011, 12:33 PM
i have run into an incredibly bullshit situation with AT&T

i am currently on a family plan that i have had with my parents for over 10 years, however my parents no longer want to remain with AT&T

my intention is to jump off theirs and onto my wifes family plan that she has with her sisters with AT&T.

unfortunately, since she is was from Oklahoma (yeah i know, what the hell was i thinking, stupid okies), and the account originated there, they said that i will have to get a new phone number (with an Oklahoma area code), and cannot keep any special features that i was allowed to keep over the years with my current plan because i was a longtime customer (unlimited data in particular), and will have to drop down to the 2GB limit.

what a bunch of bullshit :bang

clambake
10-26-2011, 12:37 PM
blow some coin and get what you want.

DeadlyDynasty
10-26-2011, 12:37 PM
metro pcs...$50 unlimited everything and no contracts, just pay month to month.

Can't believe I've wasted so much money on at&t and verizon over the years. ghetto mobile is the way to go.

PakiDan
10-26-2011, 12:42 PM

i am currently on a family plan that i have had with my parents for over 10 years, however my parents no longer want to remain with AT&T

my intention is to jump off theirs and onto my wifes family plan that she has with her sisters with AT&T.

unfortunately, since she is was from Oklahoma (yeah i know, what the hell was i thinking, stupid okies), and the account originated there, they said that i will have to get a new phone number (with an Oklahoma area code), and cannot keep any special features that i was allowed to keep over the years with my current plan because i was a longtime customer (unlimited data in particular), and will have to drop down to the 2GB limit.

Ummm get your own plan dude. 1st off, you are NOT a customer, you are piggybacking off of other customers. You really have no rights as a piggybacker. Now you want to piggy back off an account in Oklahoma... so logic says... you would be assigned an Oklahoma number. Is it your credit that's an issue? If so... go with Boost or Cricket.

stretch
10-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Ummm get your own plan dude. 1st off, you are NOT a customer, you are piggybacking off of other customers. You really have no rights as a piggybacker. Now you want to piggy back off an account in Oklahoma... so logic says... you would be assigned an Oklahoma number. Is it your credit that's an issue? If so... go with Boost or Cricket.

no credit is not an issue whatsoever

and considering the fact that i hardly use any minutes anyways (maybe 200-300 a month if that, and most of those are free thanks to free mobile-to-mobile as well as N&W, i probably use 50-100 a month of my actual minutes), i dont want to pay for a shitload of minutes im not going to use. id rather jump onto a family plan and let them use up the minutes they want, i just want a phone for the occasional call, and for texting/data/apps/whatever.

so in the end, considering my phone usage, its much more beneficial for me to "piggyback" on family plans. its just dumb as hell that they cant do something as simple as keeping a phone number, even if an account originated in another state.

Trainwreck2100
10-26-2011, 12:51 PM
no credit is not an issue whatsoever

and considering the fact that i hardly use any minutes anyways (maybe 200-300 a month if that, and most of those are free thanks to free mobile-to-mobile as well as N&W, i probably use 50-100 a month of my actual minutes), i dont want to pay for a shitload of minutes im not going to use. id rather jump onto a family plan and let them use up the minutes they want, i just want a phone for the occasional call, and for texting/data/apps/whatever.

so in the end, considering my phone usage, its much more beneficial for me to "piggyback" on family plans. its just dumb as hell that they cant do something as simple as keeping a phone number, even if an account originated in another state.

not to mention even if you did get your own plan you still wouldn't get unlimited data

stretch
10-26-2011, 12:55 PM
not to mention even if you did get your own plan you still wouldn't get unlimited data

actually, they said i could keep it if i just did my own plan. but if i jumped onto the plan in Oklahoma, i couldnt. stupid.

Bender
10-26-2011, 12:59 PM
metro pcs...$50 unlimited everything and no contracts, just pay month to month.
I never heard of them, but that sounded like a good deal so I hit their website. I entered my san antonio zip code, but got the message "we are not in your area".

Drachen
10-26-2011, 01:25 PM
I never heard of them, but that sounded like a good deal so I hit their website. I entered my san antonio zip code, but got the message "we are not in your area".

Virgin Mobile = $35 a month, 300 mins, unlimited data and texting.

There, now go clean up your mind that just got blown!

Also to pakidan, why would someone get their own account if they have the opportunity to get on a family plan? If my wife and each got our own plans, then it would be 80 bucks for unlimited everything each. With a family plan it came out to 134 (with all of the taxes). We added her best friend and now we only added 30 dollars to the cost, but split it 3 ways instead. It is moronic to have a singular plan. (unless you go with something like the plan above)

DeadlyDynasty
10-26-2011, 01:28 PM

They only have coverage in areas with a civilized culture.

cantthinkofanything
10-26-2011, 01:30 PM

Mobile Virgin = $300 for 35 minutes. Unlimited input.
cleanup for blown material not included

leemajors
10-26-2011, 01:40 PM
They only have coverage in areas with a civilized culture.

Only completely bankrupt states are civilized.

DeadlyDynasty
10-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Only completely bankrupt states are civilized.

D/FW has coverage.

Frenzy
10-26-2011, 01:45 PM
But I bet you found that out 52 seconds before everyone else.

DeadlyDynasty
10-26-2011, 01:47 PM
But I bet you found that out 52 seconds before everyone else.

Should I have known sooner?

leemajors
10-26-2011, 03:00 PM
D/FW has coverage.

morally bankrupt, or something

Monostradamus
10-26-2011, 05:53 PM
How come u have to change numbers? I didn't have to when I switched from ATT to Verizon

MannyIsGod
10-26-2011, 06:19 PM

This is some of the dumbest shit I've ever read. How is he not a customer? Just because he's trying to get the best deal possible it doesn't somehow magically not make him a customer. It makes him a smart shopper.

Somehow bending over and taking it with no lube from a cell phone company gives you some sort of "customer" pride?

MannyIsGod
10-26-2011, 06:20 PM

Also to pakidan, why would someone get their own account if they have the opportunity to get on a family plan? If my wife and each got our own plans, then it would be 80 bucks for unlimited everything each. With a family plan it came out to 134 (with all of the taxes). We added her best friend and now we only added 30 dollars to the cost, but split it 3 ways instead. It is moronic to have a singular plan. (unless you go with something like the plan above)

The phone companies will allow you to get a group plan with fiends as a "family" plan. Its pretty god damn stupid not to do something like this, IMO.

Drachen
10-26-2011, 06:38 PM
This is some of the dumbest shit I've ever read. How is he not a customer? Just because he's trying to get the best deal possible it doesn't somehow magically not make him a customer. It makes him a smart shopper.

Somehow bending over and taking it with no lube from a cell phone company gives you some sort of "customer" pride?

Because they don't know him from every other asshole (I assume) since it wasn't his name on the contract.

ChuckD
10-26-2011, 08:59 PM

No one is suggesting that you and your wife should have separate plans, just that maybe he and his wife should get off of their respective family's plans and start their own family plan. She probably wouldn't want to give up her Okie phone number, though. The dangers of staying on the fam plan for too long.

Ditty
10-27-2011, 12:29 AM
I thought Dallas was apart of Oklahoma?

Drachen
10-27-2011, 12:39 AM
No one is suggesting that you and your wife should have separate plans, just that maybe he and his wife should get off of their respective family's plans and start their own family plan. She probably wouldn't want to give up her Okie phone number, though. The dangers of staying on the fam plan for too long.

why shouldn't you stay on your family's plan as long as possible? It makes fiscal sense for all involved

m>s
10-27-2011, 02:19 AM
bro u ever asked your picklebreath parents why they don't wanna remain with at&t any more?

RandomGuy
10-27-2011, 07:33 AM

Legacy plans with unlimited full-speed data are costing them big bucks. They are doing whatever they can to get people to move to their new, higher-cost/profit plans.

Smells like... capitalism.

It is bullshit, but ultimately they have other concerns to deal with, so their problems become your problem.

ChuckD
10-27-2011, 07:35 AM
why shouldn't you stay on your family's plan as long as possible? It makes fiscal sense for all involved

Up to the point you get married, I agree with you. After that? Ridiculous. You are your own family at that point. Who's plan are their frickin' kids going to go on?

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Up to the point you get married, I agree with you. After that? Ridiculous. You are your own family at that point. Who's plan are their frickin' kids going to go on?

Whichever plan they want? So, you'd pay more money for no reason other than pride? The cell phone companies call them family plans for marketing reasons; not because there are rules of any sort about the participants having to be part of a "family". As I pointed out earlier, you could easily call them group plans and you could sign up with your friends if you wanted to. Drachen already has. Its smart.

stretch
10-27-2011, 09:35 AM

Again, what benefit would it be to start our own plan, when we can stay on their plan, and its cheaper for everyone involved, as opposed to jumping off just to start our own plan with the SAME FUCKING COMPANY, and having to make everyone involved PAY MORE?

Do you even think before you type this stupid bullshit?

stretch
10-27-2011, 09:37 AM
How come u have to change numbers? I didn't have to when I switched from ATT to Verizon

something retarded about the origin of their contract being in Oklahoma, so they are not able to do it. I think its bullshit, and they are perfectly capable of doing it, they just have to probably go through extra work and get managers involved and don't want to do that.

Drachen
10-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Whichever plan they want? So, you'd pay more money for no reason other than pride? The cell phone companies call them family plans for marketing reasons; not because there are rules of any sort about the participants having to be part of a "family". As I pointed out earlier, you could easily call them group plans and you could sign up with your friends if you wanted to. Drachen already has. Its smart.

Again, what benefit would it be to start our own plan, when we can stay on their plan, and its cheaper for everyone involved, as opposed to jumping off just to start our own plan with the SAME FUCKING COMPANY, and having to make everyone involved PAY MORE?

Thanks guys, the two of you pretty much hit all the points that I would have.

PakiDan
10-27-2011, 02:15 PM

Of course... the evil corporation argument from the flaming corporate hating liberal who uses corporate inventions and resources to spew his anti capitalist rhetoric. He is NOT a customer because it is NOT his name on the account. If I buy a family plan and GIVE my son a cell phone, I am the customer under contract, NOT my son.

Now go get on your apple or whatever that you probably blew your government funded check on to whine some more.

Drachen
10-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Of course... the evil corporation argument from the flaming corporate hating liberal who uses corporate inventions and resources to spew his anti capitalist rhetoric. He is NOT a customer because it is NOT his name on the account. If I buy a family plan and GIVE my son a cell phone, I am the customer under contract, NOT my son.

Now go get on your apple or whatever that you probably blew your government funded check on to whine some more.

So I just checked my sprint account.... It has my name, my wife's name, and her best friend's name on it. At the very least, they would have record of all of us paying to use their services.

stretch
10-27-2011, 02:22 PM

Money comes from me and goes to them, in exchange for services (cellular phone activities)

I'm pretty sure that makes me a customer, dumbass.

Want to get even more technical?

The word "customer" can also refer to a POTENTIAL buyer, which means someone who isn't even paying or using the services that the seller provides.

So, going by your logic of telling me to break off and get my own account, the fact that I am in position to seriously consider that, also makes me a customer.

Either way, you are wrong as fuck.

PakiDan
10-27-2011, 02:49 PM
Money comes from me and goes to them, in exchange for services (cellular phone activities)

I'm pretty sure that makes me a customer, dumbass.

Want to get even more technical?

The word "customer" can also refer to a POTENTIAL buyer, which means someone who isn't even paying or using the services that the seller provides.

So, going by your logic of telling me to break off and get my own account, the fact that I am in position to seriously consider that, also makes me a customer.

Either way, you are wrong as fuck.

Arguments from the Entitlement Nation. A nation of people who fucking ride others tailcoats and expect everything in return. Get your own fucking account and quit bitching.

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 02:56 PM

:lmao

Wow dude. Anti Capitalist? Because I don't bend over stupidly for a cell phone company? For some super capitalist you sure do have a stupid way of managing your money and defining customers.

This post made my afternoon. Thanks.

Drachen
10-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Arguments from the Entitlement Nation. A nation of people who fucking ride others tailcoats and expect everything in return. Get your own fucking account and quit bitching.

If this is really how you feel, they you are the very definition of an arbitrage opportunity. LOL

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 02:59 PM

Yeah stretch. You feel soooooooooo entitled to get the best deal possible. Trying to get the best deal for yourself is SO not how capitalism is supposed to work. Free Market? What?

So fucking communist of you to use those group plans the way the cell phone companies designed them to be used. DON'T YOU SEE THE WORD FAMILY, STRETCH?!?!?!

Fucking commie - GET AN ACCOUNT AND BECOME A CUSTOMER!

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 03:01 PM
If this is really how you feel, they you are the very definition of an arbitrage opportunity. LOL

Just more liberal BS. What does capitalism have to say about arbitrage? HUH?

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 03:01 PM
I wonder, when you go buy something at a store and your name is not on an account, are you a customer? I guess not.

Drachen
10-27-2011, 03:08 PM
I wonder, when you go buy something at a store and your name is not on an account, are you a customer? I guess not.

I don't know about that, but I do know that Pakidan sees candy bars that are "2 for $1" or "$0.79 each" and buys 2 yet still insists on paying $1.58.

vander
10-27-2011, 03:10 PM
huh, AT&T let me do that a while back, my bro too. we all live in different time zones and didn't lose the number or data plan

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 03:11 PM
I don't know about that, but I do know that Pakidan sees candy bars that are "2 for $1" or "$0.79 each" and buys 2 yet still insists on paying $1.58.

:lol But only if he's buying the 2nd for someone who's not his family. If their family is OK to pool for a discount.

Wild Cobra's Surgeon
10-27-2011, 03:19 PM
...and here I thought WC was my dumbest patient. PakiDan has outdone him.

stretch
10-27-2011, 03:24 PM

No thanks, I'll be the guy saving $50 a month by hopping onto a family plan and still getting the exact same plan/features/phone that I want.

stretch
10-27-2011, 03:26 PM

Yeah stretch. You feel soooooooooo entitled to get the best deal possible. Trying to get the best deal for yourself is SO not how capitalism is supposed to work. Free Market? What?

So fucking communist of you to use those group plans the way the cell phone companies designed them to be used. DON'T YOU SEE THE WORD FAMILY, STRETCH?!?!?!

rofl rofl rofl

ah fuck, you convinced me. I'll go ahead and shell out the extra $50 a month, just so my own name can be on a monthly statement.

stretch
10-27-2011, 03:26 PM

:rollin

stretch
10-27-2011, 03:33 PM
huh, AT&T let me do that a while back, my bro too. we all live in different time zones and didn't lose the number or data plan

no idea. i probably just got some really lazy reps.

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 03:36 PM
When dealing with phone CS just call a few times to make sure you get all the correct answers. :lol

PakiDan
10-27-2011, 03:44 PM

No - it's about people trying to milk the system. He's milking the system. He obviously wants the benefits of having his own account.... without paying for his own account. The candy analogy is ludicrous! Now if Stretch came and offered me 30 cents for the candy I paid 50 cents for, that would be closer to this reality. If you want the benefits, you have to pay for them, which entails GETTING YOUR OWN DAMN ACCOUNT! He is trying to MILK THE SYSTEM for as much as he can get out of it... WHILE hoping for all of the benefits of full paying customers. The family plan is intended to ease the financial burden on homes with multiple phone users where a parent is paying the bill, NOT for cousins, legally responsible adults or distant relatives, especially those who live in different states! Oh but... big bad AT&T deserves to be milked...

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Mmmm, candy.

You can't expect the same privileges when jumping accounts.

I don't see the problem with staying on someone else's plan, though.

PakiDan
10-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Mmmm, candy.

:tu

MannyIsGod
No - it's about people trying to milk the system. He's milking the system. He obviously wants the benefits of having his own account.... without paying for his own account. The candy analogy is ludicrous! Now if Stretch came and offered me 30 cents for the candy I paid 50 cents for, that would be closer to this reality. If you want the benefits, you have to pay for them, which entails GETTING YOUR OWN DAMN ACCOUNT! He is trying to MILK THE SYSTEM for as much as he can get out of it... WHILE hoping for all of the benefits of full paying customers. The family plan is intended to ease the financial burden on homes with multiple phone users where a parent is paying the bill, NOT for cousins, legally responsible adults or distant relatives, especially those who live in different states! Oh but... big bad AT&T deserves to be milked... yeah.

Is it against AT&T policy to have people on a "family" account if they're not family, Paki? Yes, or no? Do they say who you can put on a family account? Yes or no?

stretch
The family plan is intended to ease the financial burden on homes with multiple phone users where a parent is paying the bill, NOT for cousins, legally responsible adults or distant relatives, especially those who live in different states!

Link?

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Link?

stretch
10-27-2011, 03:51 PM
NOT for cousins, legally responsible adults or distant relatives, especially those who live in different states!

Oh, and FWIW, I'm not on a plan with distant relatives or cousins. I was on a plan with my parents, who are direct relatives, and am jumping to a plan with my wife, who is also a direct relative. The issue is that she STARTED her plan in Oklahoma, so they wont allow her to change her number now that she lives here, nor will they allow me to change my number after getting onto her plan. It's pretty fucking retarded to be so stubborn over something as small as a fucking PHONE NUMBER.

Take the towel off your head, maybe you will actually be able to absorb some nuggets of simple logic, instead of being a dumbass all the time.

PakiDan
10-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Is it against AT&T policy to have people on a "family" account if they're not family, Paki? Yes, or no? Do they say who you can put on a family account? Yes or no?

I don't know the answer to that. My root argument is that Stretch EXPECTS the same type of priviledges of those who pay more for well... trying to exploit the system. It may not be against AT&T policy, but AT&T clearly doesn't reward this behavior, otherwise, they would have given him everything he asked for.

Manny, I could drop my AT&T plan too and pay half of what I pay if I wanted to by getting on my mommy and daddy's account... but at some point I decided to grow up and be responsible for me and my footprint. Just because you can, doesn't make it the right thing to do.

PakiDan
10-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Oh, and FWIW, I'm not on a plan with distant relatives or cousins. I was on a plan with my parents, who are direct relatives, and am jumping to a plan with my wife, who is also a direct relative. The issue is that she STARTED her plan in Oklahoma, so they wont allow her to change her number now that she lives here, nor will they allow me to change my number after getting onto her plan. It's pretty fucking retarded to be so stubborn over something as small as a fucking PHONE NUMBER.

Take the towel off your head, maybe you will actually be able to absorb some nuggets of simple logic, instead of being a dumbass all the time.

Well... that's a COMPLETELY different story... but I call BS on AT&T refusing to transfer her number to an SA one if she now lives here and she is the account holder. I've moved before with AT&T before and had my number changed.

Oh... and for all you newbies in this forum... I'M NOT FUCKING MIDDLE EASTERN YOU RACIST BITCH. I'm 3/4 MEXICAN 1/4 ITALIAN 100% YOUR DADDY.

stretch

Understandable to an extent, but wait... lets see... I've been a customer for 10 years now, my contract is up, and if I really wanted to I could leave them for another carrier, but instead if choose to remain with them by just moving my line onto my wifes plan, and they cant even do me the goddamn courtesy of even keeping the same telephone number?

Sounds pretty retarded, especially when other carriers do that and have had no issue with it.

DeadlyDynasty
The moral of this thread: If you aren't a corporate shill then you must be a commie.

stretch
10-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Well... that's a COMPLETELY different story... but I call BS on AT&T refusing to transfer her number to an SA one if she now lives here and she is the account holder. I've moved before with AT&T before and had my number changed.

Dallas actually.

And what good would it do for me to BS around? Really?

stretch
10-27-2011, 03:58 PM
I don't know the answer to that. My root argument is that Stretch EXPECTS the same type of priviledges of those who pay more for well... trying to exploit the system. It may not be against AT&T policy, but AT&T clearly doesn't reward this behavior, otherwise, they would have given him everything he asked for.

Manny, I could drop my AT&T plan too and pay half of what I pay if I wanted to by getting on my mommy and daddy's account... but at some point I decided to grow up and be responsible for me and my footprint. Just because you can, doesn't make it the right thing to do.

So being on a family plan, which is designed to simultaneously get AT&T more customers, and help their customers save money, is irresponsible, and the wrong thing to do?

If they felt that strongly against it, as you claim they do, they would not have a family plan first off. Secondly, if they did, they would be infinitely more invasive when it comes to finding out who is and isnt on the plan. But they dont, obviously because they dont give 2 shits. They are just doing what they feel nets them the most possible business.

stretch
10-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Oh... and for all you newbies in this forum... I'M NOT FUCKING MIDDLE EASTERN YOU RACIST BITCH. I'm 3/4 MEXICAN 1/4 ITALIAN 100% YOUR DADDY.

My apologies, then you should consider using that towel to dry your back off.

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 04:00 PM

So like I said earlier you want to pay more because it gives you some sense of pride. Well whoopty fucking doo for you, but the mark of an adult or what makes a man is a lot more than whether or not they are smartly saving money on a cell phone plan.

There is no right and wrong. Its a fucking business transaction. I think its funny as hell that you came in today painting me as some crazy liberal and you're the one thats trying to attach morality to a business transaction that doesn't even violate AT&T Terms of Service.

Drachen
10-27-2011, 04:01 PM

So once again you are an arbitrage opportunity. Added profit for no additional risk.

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Mmmm, candy.

Actually you can. You only get what you ask for. You can and should expect as much as you want from a company you do business with. Now, they may or may not give it to him but there are options out there who WILL give him those things so AT&T will likely take all of that into consideration when making the business decision and eventually give him exactly what you want.

You can usually get a lot out of cell phone companies provided that you ask for it.

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Seriously, Paki. For all the Capitalist pride you have - you have a piss poor understanding of how capitalism works. LOL @ trying to get the best deal possible as being wrong. "Milking the system".

10-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Actually you can. You only get what you ask for. You can and should expect as much as you want from a company you do business with. Now, they may or may not give it to him but there are options out there who WILL give him those things so AT&T will likely take all of that into consideration when making the business decision and eventually give him exactly what you want.

You can usually get a lot out of cell phone companies provided that you ask for it.

No doubt you can try. I'd guess the problem he's mainly running into is the unlimited being grandfathered on his folks' account.

Keep playing CSR roulette. You might get lucky or it can be a monstrous waste of time and extremely frustrating.

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 04:09 PM
Yeah - there definitely is a frustration factor when dealing with cell phone CS reps. Ironically, its like talking with PakiDan. :lmao

PakiDan
10-27-2011, 04:11 PM
So like I said earlier you want to pay more because it gives you some sense of pride. Well whoopty fucking doo for you, but the mark of an adult or what makes a man is a lot more than whether or not they are smartly saving money on a cell phone plan.

There is no right and wrong. Its a fucking business transaction. I think its funny as hell that you came in today painting me as some crazy liberal and you're the one thats trying to attach morality to a business transaction that doesn't even violate AT&T Terms of Service.

I never said crazy.... you are an intelligent guy, but there is no DOUBT that you are a raging liberal.

10-27-2011, 04:13 PM
For one phone and not being an account holder, I'd guess it's going to take some serious work to get what he wants.

stretch
10-27-2011, 04:21 PM
it sucks to lose the unlimited, but that is understandable.

but my phone number? really?? i just have a hard time believing they cannot do something that minor.

PakiDan
10-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Seriously, Paki. For all the Capitalist pride you have - you have a piss poor understanding of how capitalism works. LOL @ trying to get the best deal possible as being wrong. "Milking the system".

Manny, please don't pretend that this one argument gives you a complete insight into my level of understanding of capitalism. I can belittle you too till my face is blue my friend.

stretch
10-27-2011, 04:25 PM
Manny, please don't pretend that this one argument gives you a complete insight into my level of understanding of capitalism.

http://500motivators.com/plog-content/thumbs/motivate/me/large/194-implied-facepalm-when-something-is-so-fucking-retarded-a-full-and-proper-facepalm-is-not-even-necessary.jpg

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Manny, please don't pretend that this one argument gives you a complete insight into my level of understanding of capitalism. I can belittle you too till my face is blue my friend.

Do it, IMO.

leemajors
10-27-2011, 06:07 PM

How dare anyone try to milk AT&T or any other cell company. It's a privilege to pay $15 a month for 200 texts that cost little or nothing for AT&T to send.

Drachen
10-27-2011, 06:22 PM
How dare anyone try to milk AT&T or any other cell company. It's a privilege to pay $15 a month for 200 texts that cost little or nothing for AT&T to send.

We aren't even arguing that. The value provided for your money is a completely different thread. Everything that we have argued was done while playing by the rules set up by ATT (or other phone companies) themselves. ParbitrageDan is probably just mad that he didn't think of this himself.

m>s
10-27-2011, 07:44 PM
nigga just send a text to each of your friends telling em you want to stay in contact with them and what your new phone number is. i got some friends who spent like 4 years in UTA but have moved elsewhere after graduation to seek new/better chances, most of who have changed their numbers and have sent me texts with their new numbers so we can stay in contact. no they ain't my life-long friends just some random persons that i may start a chat with once in a while imho

Das Texan
10-27-2011, 09:00 PM
i've had my cell phone number for over 13 years.

needless to say, i'm not giving it up.

DMC
10-27-2011, 09:45 PM

So basically you are too broke to pay for your own phone service so you parasite off your family. Got it.

ChuckD
10-27-2011, 09:57 PM

So, why did you start this thread? Oh yeah, your fucking family plan is disappearing, and with it, possibly your number. That's what happens when you don't have your own family plan and absolute control over your number. If you're butthurt about it, bitch at your family. They're the ones screwing up your cheap phone solution. It's most certainly NOT ATTs fault. They're in business to make money, not give you a cheapie for the rest of your life.

Das Texan
10-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Just take over the family plan really. should be a rather simple procedure.

ChuckD
10-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Just take over the family plan really. should be a rather simple procedure.

His wife would have to give up her Meth-lahoma phone number. I'm also not sure that's any different than starting a new one, and he's whining about doing that, so this is probably a no-go.

Drachen
10-27-2011, 10:10 PM
The google voice deal still stands. That way, you never have to worry about your number again. Google made things easier all over again.

ChuckD
10-27-2011, 10:14 PM
Y'Know, I will give you points for gaming the system as long as you did, but you've taken it as far as you can, without drastic changes to your data plan and/or phone number. Man up. Whining about it is pure de classe.

Sisk
10-27-2011, 10:17 PM
I could actually help you, but since you're a total douchebag, I won't.

ChuckD
10-27-2011, 10:24 PM

:lol:lol

leemajors
10-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Y'Know, I will give you points for gaming the system as long as you did, but you've taken it as far as you can, without drastic changes to your data plan and/or phone number. Man up. Whining about it is pure de classe.

Why are you shilling for AT&T?

ploto
10-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Maybe I am missing something. Can't you just take over paying your parent's account, keep your number, and give your wife their phone number. You could probably even give her their number and then have the number changed if she wants a new number. Can she not get out of her plan?

stretch
10-28-2011, 09:39 AM
So, why did you start this thread? Oh yeah, your fucking family plan is disappearing, and with it, possibly your number. That's what happens when you don't have your own family plan and absolute control over your number. If you're butthurt about it, bitch at your family. They're the ones screwing up your cheap phone solution. It's most certainly NOT ATTs fault. They're in business to make money, not give you a cheapie for the rest of your life.

So in other words, you are too stupid to make a legit reply, so you drop back to your crutch of "you're too poor to afford your own line and pay the extra unneccesary money each month!!!"

Good to know :toast

stretch
10-28-2011, 09:41 AM

:lmao aggie

It's not that you won't. It's that you can't.

stretch
10-28-2011, 09:42 AM
Maybe I am missing something. Can't you just take over paying your parent's account, keep your number, and give your wife their phone number. You could probably even give her their number and then have the number changed if she wants a new number. Can she not get out of her plan?

she just started another 2 year contract about a month ago

stretch
10-28-2011, 09:43 AM

Gaming what system? Again, you clearly have no clue what the fuck you are talking about. Stupid damn faggot.

DMC
10-28-2011, 10:29 AM
:cry my parents are cutting me off...fml

I hate AT&T... wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh

leemajors
10-28-2011, 10:44 AM

I hate AT&T... wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it's more about shitty customer service.

PakiDan
10-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Hahahaha!!! DING DING

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_73vrC8K-GHM/S9kOV9i3tOI/AAAAAAAADIs/YscURBLF5kc/s1600/round_2.jpg

stretch
10-28-2011, 11:36 AM
there is no round 2. its as simple as this:

group 1 (manny, drachen, myself, leemajors)- family plans are a great way to save money

group 2 (paki(mexi)dan, chuckd, dmc) - using family plans with your own family is morally wrong and taking advantage of goods that AT&T provides (WTF?), you should grow up, get your own plan and pay an extra $50+ a month just to have your own name on your monthly statement, because when I do it, i feel like i actually have a penis more than 2 inches long.

ploto
10-28-2011, 11:54 AM
she just started another 2 year contract about a month ago

Dare I ask why?

stretch
10-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Dare I ask why?

her contract was up, and she wanted a new phone. and she has been happy with AT&T so far, and so was I, until they started being difficult for the sake of being lazy.

Bill_Brasky
10-28-2011, 12:35 PM
How is it not smarter to be on a family plan? Or are all you people getting onto him for "piggybacking"(lol) ronery virgins?

Monostradamus
10-28-2011, 04:06 PM
How is it not smarter to be on a family plan? Or are all you people getting onto him for "piggybacking"(lol) ronery virgins?

Maybe paying more on their phone bills and being able to brag about it on the internet is the only thing that gets their dick hard.

MannyIsGod
10-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Yeah its weird. Its like you get a girl scout badge for paying more for your phone service.

Drachen
10-28-2011, 04:29 PM
So basically you are too broke to pay for your own phone service so you parasite off your family. Got it.

How is he parasiting off of his family? They benefit as well.

DMC
10-28-2011, 04:34 PM
How is he parasiting off of his family? They benefit as well.
That explains why they dropped him.

Monostradamus
10-28-2011, 04:36 PM
That explains why they dropped him.

lol they're not dropping him, they're dropping the plan altogether. You really need to read the thread before posting.

DMC
10-28-2011, 04:41 PM
lol they're not dropping him, they're dropping the plan altogether. You really need to read the thread before posting.
He was on the plan. If it was more beneficial to drop him and get another plan, that's what they did.

Boiled down:::

Parents 1 phone

Stretch 0 phones (why is zero plural?)

stretch
10-28-2011, 04:55 PM
actually, i still win in the end in that department, because in my move, i will get more minutes on my plan and actually pay less every month.

fucking idiot

Bill_Brasky
10-28-2011, 06:43 PM
DMC mad that someone called him out on complaining about his BlackBerry(which he gets for free via his work. What a parasite.)

DMC
10-28-2011, 06:44 PM
DMC mad that someone called him out on complaining about his BlackBerry(which he gets for free via his work).
I fucking hate Blackberry.

I get a car too. I don't care for it much either.

DMC
10-28-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm basically too fucking cheap to get my own service. My mom still wipes my ass.

ChuckD
10-28-2011, 07:06 PM

This.

stretch
11-06-2011, 11:19 PM
fml

so i decided to get a Samsung GS2 Skyrocket, and I go in for the upgrade first thing this morning (as it came out today), and the stupid fucking dickheads make an announcement after 30 minutes of waiting wondering what the hell is going on, saying there are technicial difficulties with the phones and that they werent connecting to the network, and will take our names/numbers and call us when its fixed in a couple hours so we can get our phones

the entire day passes, i call them wondering what the hell is going on, and find out that they forgot to order some fucking 4G sim cards, and no stores in the entire city (Oklahoma, i was visiting for the weekend, so it figures those trailer trash faggots would fuck up majorly) had any. add to it, they were doing a special specifically in OKC selling it for only $150 (instead of $250), and now that im back in Dallas, i cant get that deal. WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK

i intend to raise fucking hell tomorrow morning with customer service over this bullshit.

Drachen
11-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Don't know anything about this website, but check this out Stretch

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. (http://www.logicbuy.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-skyrocket-smartphone/35234.aspx)

stretch
11-07-2011, 12:15 AM
thats an awesome deal, unfortunately im upgrading so i cant get it, but ill see if i can manipulate it and pull something off

Drachen
11-07-2011, 12:22 AM
thats an awesome deal, unfortunately im upgrading so i cant get it, but ill see if i can manipulate it and pull something off

I thought that you were getting a new line! Didnt both of these mirrored threads have to do with this?

To get this 50% discount on the Galaxy S II Skyrocket, follow these steps:
1. Activate the discount by clicking get-deal or this link to use our exclusive gateway (required)
2. Select "New to AT&T" or "Add a Line"
3. When presented with a list of phones, scroll or search for the Galaxy S II Skyrocket and add to cart (for "New to AT&T," a list of phones should be the next page you see. For "Add a Line," you will need to enter requisite account information first)
4. Proceed to checkout - Promotional discount will apply in your cart (note, applies to accessories as well, max 4qty per item)

stretch
11-07-2011, 12:27 AM
i thought i said i was upgrading, but maybe i mistyped, i dunno

i truly appreciate your help though, tbqh

Drachen
11-07-2011, 12:32 AM
i thought i said i was upgrading, but maybe i mistyped, i dunno

i truly appreciate your help though, tbqh

Your OP is that your parents aren't renewing their contract and that you are going to have to jump on your wife's plan. I was assuming that she would be adding a line to her plan in order to facilitate it. This means that you are not upgrading, you are adding a line which, according to that website, will allow you to get the skyrocket for $75.

stretch
11-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Your OP is that your parents aren't renewing their contract and that you are going to have to jump on your wife's plan. I was assuming that she would be adding a line to her plan in order to facilitate it. This means that you are not upgrading, you are adding a line which, according to that website, will allow you to get the skyrocket for $75.

ah yeah i forgot to update, im keeping the original line. i got some strings pulled to get a nice discount. :toast