PDA

View Full Version : Drexler wants to be an NBA GM

KoriEllis
09-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Drexler wants to be an NBA GM

msn.foxsports.com/story/3008996 (http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3008996)

With Clyde Drexler in the news this weekend because of his
Hall of Fame induction, the Boston Globe had a report yesterday that Clyde is interested in running an NBA squad down the road.

"If you live the game like I've lived it, and loved it, it's the only thing that makes you feel like you're a part of the game, that you have a stake in what's happening," said Clyde. "As a coach, I think that's a little too much pressure, day in and day out, dealing with the guys, dealing with the wins and losses. As a general manager, you can put together a team that would be competitive, that would be fun to watch, and that would be responsible in the community."

Some more news out of Boston is that our guy Ricky Davis has been working out like a demon every day for the last month at the Celtics' practice facility. That's good for Ricky Buckets. The Celts have about 10 guys who can all see time at the shooting guard/swingman spot; it would be in his best interest to come into camp at the top of his game.

We're still hoping that the G.P. mess gets straightened out. We'd love to see Payton running with Buckets and The Truth

There's some speculation in the New York Post this morning that Jayson Williams is looking to make a comeback. He was seen working out with Elton Brand at Basketball City over the weekend and was reportedly doing windsprints in between pickup games. ... Tickets for the Rockets-Kings preseason game in Shanghai sold out over the weekend in 10 hours. Reportedly 2,500 people had been lined up for a few days to get their tickets, the best of which were going for close to 250 American dollars. ...

We saw yesterday that TNT has hired Spike Lee to shoot its NBA commercials for the coming season. Spike's scheduled to shoot next week at a high school in New Jersey. Players set to appear in Spike's spots include Shaq, Steve Francis, Bron, Carmelo, K-Mart, Amare Stoudemire, Ron Artest, Jason Terry and Ben Wallace. Reportedly, Spike asked Tim Duncan, but Timmy apparently said no.

No surprise here: Greg Buckner cleared waivers this weekend, paving the way for his potential signing with Denver. This is too bad for college basketball fans: in a time when college stars are at minimum, there will be one less this season. Cal's Leon Powe had injured his knee and was hoping to return this season.

Doesn't look that way now. Powe will most likely miss the entire season while he continues to rehab his knee and then will probably go to the league next season. We've been watching Powe since he was a young buck on the summer circuit and always thought he'd be in the league eventually.

Too bad we won't really get to see him evolve at Cal.

Opening Sunday in the NFL was tremendous. We're not gonna lie — seeing Eli get blasted on the last play of the Giants-Eagles game had us laughing out loud.

We're out like Duncan.

exstatic
09-13-2004, 03:48 PM
Didn't Clyde either quit or get fired from a college coaching gig, because recruiting was too hard? How easy does he think that NBA GMing is?

tlongII
09-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Clyde is one of my favorite 2 or 3 players of all time...but NO WAY would I want him as my GM!

tekdragon
09-13-2004, 04:37 PM
After the spectacular job Clyde did at University of Houston, I can't see why teams aren't lining up for his services.

[/sarcasm]

ducks
09-13-2004, 04:48 PM
FIRE RC
BRING HIM IN
[/GHOST]

tekdragon
09-13-2004, 06:42 PM
:rollin @ ducks

Screw that!
We need a head coach!
[/Sequ]

E20
09-13-2004, 07:36 PM
Clyde was so cool. I hope he has some success.

exstatic
09-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Zeke Thomas was cool, too, as a player. Like Thomas, Drexler may never be able to translate his on court success into a front office situation.

ducks
09-13-2004, 08:12 PM
what team is kobe going to be the gm
mj tried you know kobe has to be like mike

E20
09-13-2004, 08:26 PM
Kobe will never be like Mike.