PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Co-Founder Supports Occupy Wal Street

101A
10-27-2011, 12:34 PM
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/10/14/tea-party-co-founded-expresses-support-for-occupy-wall-street/

Who this guy is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Denninger

Certainly no leftie AT ALL - but supports OWS.

There is common ground, but "they" have convinced us there isn't.

Winehole23
10-27-2011, 12:54 PM
They're trying to convince people it's not even worth discussing, but there does seem to be a little oxygen left in it. "Discontentedness" at "corrupt process" is a very broad umbrella.

The outmoded (indeed existentially refuted and misleading) vocabulary of right and left still lingers in the antechamber of its afterglow. Meanwhile, the similarity b/w the two old adversaries has never been more striking. Borrow and spend, unto death or default.

People who feel cut off from the political process in their own country and want to change that should maybe talk to each other, instead of trying to scalp anyone who wears the wrong political stripes.

boutons_deux
10-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Then let's see some tea baggers and their silly "patriot" tri-corner hats out with the OWS crowds.

101A
10-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Then let's see some tea baggers and their silly "patriot" tri-corner hats out with the OWS crowds.

Their websites are too busy disparaging and drawing distinctions between the groups....and the OWS folks aren't exactly inviting them, either - but I agree the Tea Partiers should walk up, say "Kumbaya" and start camping.

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 01:04 PM
They're trying to convince people it's not even worth discussing, but there does seem to be a little oxygen left in it. "Discontentedness" at "corrupt process" is a very broad umbrella.

The outmoded (indeed existentially refuted and misleading) vocabulary of right and left still lingers in the antechamber of its afterglow. Meanwhile, the similarity b/w the two old adversaries has never been more striking. Borrow and spend, unto death or default.

People who feel cut off from the political process in their own country and want to change that should maybe talk to each other, instead of trying to scalp anyone who wears the wrong political stripes.

Very very very well said.

boutons_deux
10-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Another flip-flopper

Oakland mayor now claims to ‘support’ the occupatio

After playing a key role in sparking a night of violence and bloodshed, Jean Quan, the mayor of Oakland, issued a statement late Wednesday saying that the city is in “support” of the “Occupy Wall Street” demonstrations taking place around the nation.

The position is stunningly different than what Mayor Quan published to her personal Facebook account on Tuesday morning, shortly after police forcibly evicted the peaceful demonstrators from their camp.

Then, her line was that “[m]any Oaklanders support the goals of the national Occupy Wall Street movement,” adding that for health and sanitation reasons, protesters would no longer be welcome to occupy Oakland’s Frank Ogawa Park at night.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/10/27/oakland-mayor-now-claims-to-support-the-occupy-protests/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

boutons_deux
10-27-2011, 01:17 PM
"People who feel cut off from the political process in their own country and want to change that should maybe talk to each other, instead of trying to scalp anyone who wears the wrong political stripes."

huge error there.

The tea baggers were/are financed with $10Ms from the VRWC to get extreme anti-govt legislators and governors elected, who promptly started bashing unions, abortion, health clinics, proposing to destroy Medicare, while cutting taxes for the wealthy and UCA.

the tea baggers are extreme right-wing in attackng govt to the advantage of the wealthy and corps.

Where have the tea baggers come out against Wall St, UCA, banks, etc? They haven't. the entire tea bagger shtick is astro-turfing, intentionally mistargeting govt as the culprit to hide the real culprits. Their doing the in-the-street dirty work for the moneyed establishment against govt.

OWS is AGAINST the moneyed establishment and all it crimes.

Totally different objectives.

tea baggers' elected people contribute to the disenfranchisement of Human-Americans, not the empowering/re-powering.

Winehole23
10-27-2011, 01:35 PM
they can all have a powwow if they want. might be some similar interests.

SnakeBoy
10-27-2011, 01:35 PM
There's alot of common ground. OWS wants the govt to give them more and the TEA party wants the govt to give them less. They're exactly the same except for the exactly opposite part.

ChumpDumper
10-27-2011, 01:37 PM
There's alot of common ground. OWS wants the govt to give them more and the TEA party wants the govt to give them less. They're exactly the same except for the exactly opposite part.Wait, you know what the OWS crowd as a whole wants?

List it, please.

Winehole23
10-27-2011, 01:40 PM
He just did. His witticism required the simplification.

SnakeBoy
10-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Wait, you know what the OWS crowd as a whole wants?

List it, please.

More

Winehole23
10-27-2011, 01:46 PM
...still does.

101A
10-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Did you even look at the OP SnakeBoy?

ElNono
10-27-2011, 01:48 PM

Is that a rhetorical question? :lol

ChumpDumper
10-27-2011, 01:49 PM
MoreLink.

SnakeBoy
10-27-2011, 01:50 PM

Do I ever?

Winehole23
10-27-2011, 01:50 PM
They're exactly the same except for the exactly opposite part.Except where Medicare/ Medicaid and SS are concerned, you are exactly wrong. Polling has disclosed no great enthusiasm among tea partiers for dismantling socialized medicine as we know it or Social Security.

Winehole23
10-27-2011, 01:51 PM
The enthusiasm for less is greatly overstressed.

SnakeBoy
10-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Link.

No link but I saw an interview with one of the founders. They want more. They are working on the specifics he said.

ChumpDumper
10-27-2011, 01:53 PM
No link but I saw an interview with one of the founders. They want more. They are working on the specifics he said.So they didn't actually say anything, just like you aren't saying anything right now.

Cool.

SnakeBoy
10-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Except where Medicare/ Medicaid and SS are concerned, you are exactly wrong. Polling has disclosed no great enthusiasm among tea partiers for dismantling socialized medicine as we know it or Social Security.

Well like OWS, the TEA Party hasn't been so great at hammering out the details of exactly how much less they actually want. That's common ground.

ChumpDumper
10-27-2011, 01:54 PM
The enthusiasm for less is greatly overstressed.This. Take a ride in one of CC's golf carts and try to tell me different.

cheguevara
10-27-2011, 01:55 PM
pretty soon Mitch Romney will support them

:lol GOP

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 01:55 PM
Its OK. Snake Boy knows more about what both of these groups want than either of the groups. Pretty much Snake Boys stance in every thread lately.

Winehole23
10-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Air gets pretty thin at the top of Mt. Olympus. You or me might get lightheaded, too.

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 02:00 PM
:lmao

101A
10-27-2011, 02:10 PM
pretty soon Mitch Romney will support them

:lol GOP

In the beginning Tea Party != GOP. You might try looking at the OP, as well.

SnakeBoy
10-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Its OK. Snake Boy knows more about what both of these groups want than either of the groups. Pretty much Snake Boys stance in every thread lately.

Jeez..Still butthurt. Dude get over it or fill out the form.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3301/3617987203_19d5a813ee_z.jpg?zz=1

Winehole23
10-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Well like OWS, the TEA Party hasn't been so great at hammering out the details of exactly how much less they actually want. That's common ground.There's more than distributive justice and status resentment at play, JMO. The system is fucking the commonweal.

Fundamental questions re: accountability, fairness and fidelity to the good of the country (rather than a handful of well-groomed and practically foreordained special interests) naturally come to the fore, and can occasionally transcend political pedigree. Again, JMO.

SnakeBoy
10-27-2011, 02:47 PM
There's more than distributive justice and status resentment at play, JMO. The system is fucking the commonweal.

Fundamental questions re: accountability, fairness and fidelity to the good of the country (rather than a handful of well-groomed and practically foreordained special interests) naturally come to the fore, and can occasionally transcend political pedigree. Again, JMO.

I don't disagree with any of that but it's nothing new. The "system" attempted a correction in '08 a we (americans) opted to perpetuate the "system". As I recall you and I were the only ones on this forum suggesting we do something along the lines of the Swedish approach. So I no longer take any of the bitching and moaning seriously (OWS, Tea Party, etc.). We made our bed now we have to sleep in it.

Btw, I'm not on top of Mt. Olympus just a little giddy over the amount of $ I made off of Wall St. today. These days I worry about me and mine, fuck everyone else.

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 02:52 PM
I don't disagree with any of that but it's nothing new. The "system" attempted a correction in '08 a we (americans) opted to perpetuate the "system". As I recall you and I were the only ones on this forum suggesting we do something along the lines of the Swedish approach. So I no longer take any of the bitching and moaning seriously (OWS, Tea Party, etc.). We made our bed now we have to sleep in it.

Btw, I'm not on top of Mt. Olympus just a little giddy over the amount of $ I made off of Wall St. today. These days I worry about me and mine, fuck everyone else.

What a stupid statement. Just because you're a pussy who gives in quickly doesn't mean others do. What a fucking quitter.

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Jeez..Still butthurt. Dude get over it or fill out the form.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3301/3617987203_19d5a813ee_z.jpg?zz=1

Oh...wow....

:lmao

Yeah, I'm the butthurt one.

SnakeBoy
10-27-2011, 03:09 PM
What a stupid statement. Just because you're a pussy who gives in quickly doesn't mean others do. What a fucking quitter.

From the guy who was arguing that we had to bailout wall street because he was scared. You got what you asked for, stop bitching about it.

MannyIsGod
10-27-2011, 03:20 PM
From the guy who was arguing that we had to bailout wall street because he was scared. You got what you asked for, stop bitching about it.

I didn't actually. I don't remember getting the regulations I asked for as a requirement for the bailout. When do those come in?

Winehole23
10-27-2011, 03:31 PM
As I recall you and I were the only ones on this forum suggesting we do something along the lines of the Swedish approach. So I no longer take any of the bitching and moaning seriously (OWS, Tea Party, etc.). Fine. How about me bitching, or, if you like, continuing to bitch? :lol

Btw, I'm not on top of Mt. Olympus just a little giddy over the amount of $ I made off of Wall St. today.Well done. Fur lined bathtub (http://thescreamonline.com/photo/photo2-3/mansfield/mansfield.html) for you.

http://agnesdebethune.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/the-life-and-death-of-andy-warhol%E2%80%94by-victor-bockris/

These days I worry about me and mine, fuck everyone else.Roughly speaking, that's the tacit philosophy of America. FTW, indeed.

Winehole23
02-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Members of local conservative and liberal activist groups will join in protest of the National Defense Authorization Act — NDAA — today at noon in the Vogel Plaza.Members of Wake Up America Southern Oregon, and Occupy movements from Ashland, Medford and Grants Pass will attend. http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120213/NEWS07/202130329/-1/NEWSMAP

Winehole23
02-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Joseph Snook, from Wake Up America Southern Oregon is one of the organizers of Monday’s protest. He made the following statement:” A group of conservatives, Libertarians, and Tea Party activists by the name of Wake Up America Southern Oregon is proud to unite with the Southern Oregon Occupy Movement to take a bold stand against the NDAA. Further, it is time that “We the People”, all of us unite!”http://newsjunkiepost.com/2012/02/12/oregon-occupy-libertarians-and-tea-party-activists-unite-against-the-ndaa/

101A
02-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Good news.

Hopefully this becomes more common.

WH - your dredging of old threads is amazing. Do you just have that stout of a memory, or do you keep a personal database?

Winehole23
02-15-2012, 12:51 PM
memory aided by the search function. no database, no bookmarking.

Winehole23
02-15-2012, 12:56 PM
Instead of cross posting relevant past threads to new ones, which is tedious and time consuming, I treat the forum a bit like a filing system. I try to find the thread most relevant to something I want to post. If I can't find one, I'll post it as a stand alone.

101A
02-15-2012, 01:05 PM
I appreciate the effort - adds a dimension to the forum. Keeps people honest as well.

Winehole23
02-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Makes it more interesting for me too. Starting a separate thread for each headline is redundant and historically sterile, and anyway this place is all about the talk. I like finding connections and enjoy seeing what people have said in the past.

Oh, Gee!!
02-15-2012, 01:19 PM
both camps are pissed about gov't bailouts

Winehole23
03-19-2012, 07:47 PM
One of the state's most organized and vocal tea party groups has joined labor unions, eco-advocates, and civil rights activists to oppose legislation sponsored by state Sen. Don Balfour, R-Snellville, that would place new restrictions on acts of civil disobedience and change how labor unions organize members. Writes the Dacula-based Atlanta Tea Party Patriots in an email to members:

The bill at face value, apprears to be geared toward labor unions, but the devil is in the details... it clearly adds a "person or organization", which could include not only big labor, but also Tea Party activists, those protesting outside abortion clinics, or many other scenarios. Please see below...http://clatl.com/freshloaf/archives/2012/03/19/atlanta-tea-party-patriots-joins-labor-groups-enviros-to-oppose-protest-legislation

FuzzyLumpkins
03-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Fine. How about me bitching, or, if you like, continuing to bitch? :lol
Well done. Fur lined bathtub (http://thescreamonline.com/photo/photo2-3/mansfield/mansfield.html) for you.

http://agnesdebethune.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/the-life-and-death-of-andy-warhol%E2%80%94by-victor-bockris/
Roughly speaking, that's the tacit philosophy of America. FTW, indeed.

One thing that should be noted about the new generation. For all the bitching about them being pussies because everyone gets invited to their parties and everyone wins in their little league games, todays kids do not share this ethic nearly as much as x and the boomers because of their upbringing.

Win at all costs is not always a good thing.

Winehole23
03-19-2012, 08:04 PM
todays kids do not share this ethic nearly as much as x and the boomers because of their upbringing.
don't trust anyone over 30!