PDA

View Full Version : New Survey: Majority of Millionaires Want Higher Taxes For Millionaires

DMX7
10-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Tax the rich, Warren Buffett says -- and a majority of millionaires agree.

According to a survey from the consulting firm Spectrem Group, sixty-eight percent of millionaires -- defined as people with investments of $1 million or more -- support raising taxes on people who earn $1 million or more in income, the Wall Street Journal reports.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/27/millionaire-tax-warren-buffett_n_1035763.html

scott
10-27-2011, 07:36 PM
0% of non-Millionaire Wild Cobras want higher taxes on actual-Millionaire non-Wild Cobras.

Bartleby
10-27-2011, 08:03 PM
0% of non-Millionaire Wild Cobras want higher taxes on actual-Millionaire non-Wild Cobras.

:lol

DMX7
10-27-2011, 08:13 PM

lol

Cry Havoc
10-27-2011, 08:35 PM

:lmao

Cry Havoc
10-27-2011, 08:36 PM
"The millionaires consulted in this survey are fake millionaires."

Th'Pusher
10-27-2011, 08:41 PM
What's important is that the non-Millionaire Wild Cobras are not jealous of the actual-Millionaire non-Wild Cobras.

Wild Cobra
10-28-2011, 02:13 AM
Tax the rich, Warren Buffett says -- and a majority of millionaires agree.

According to a survey from the consulting firm Spectrem Group, sixty-eight percent of millionaires -- defined as people with investments of $1 million or more -- support raising taxes on people who earn $1 million or more in income, the Wall Street Journal reports.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/27/millionaire-tax-warren-buffett_n_1035763.html
LOL...

How are the terms defined in this case?

Investments over a million...

Income over a million...

Funny how the investors favor increasing taxes of the working wealthy, but not themselves. At least that is my interpretation.

It all sounds nice, but it sure looks like to me they are playing word games. Didn't find specifics except for saying tax people who have earned income over $1m. These are the people already paying the highest marginal tax rates like football players, actors, etc. Company CEO's and others who get most their wealth through stocks, still pay the lower capital gains.

I think the article is being deceptive.

ChumpDumper
10-28-2011, 03:04 AM
LOL...

Income over a million...

Funny how the investors favor increasing taxes of the working wealthy, but not themselves. At least that is my interpretation.

It all sounds nice, but it sure looks like to me they are playing word games. Didn't find specifics except for saying tax people who have earned income over $1m. These are the people already paying the highest marginal tax rates like football players, actors, etc. Company CEO's and others who get most their wealth through stocks, still pay the lower capital gains.

I think the article is being deceptive.You're an idiot.

Wild Cobra
10-28-2011, 03:09 AM
You're an idiot.

That's a complement coming from an imbecile like you.

ChumpDumper
10-28-2011, 03:13 AM
That's a complement coming from an imbecile like you.You're being deceptive.

Wild Cobra
10-28-2011, 03:19 AM
You're being deceptive.
I don't even have to try to deceive an imbecile like you.

ChumpDumper
10-28-2011, 03:29 AM
I don't even have to try to deceive an imbecile like you.But you do anyway, idiot.

Wild Cobra
10-28-2011, 03:31 AM
But you do anyway, idiot.
Yes, I know. You are so easy to deceive without even trying.

ChumpDumper
10-28-2011, 03:32 AM
Yes, I know. You are so easy to deceive without even trying.Not if I say you are being deceptive, idiot.

Blake
10-28-2011, 08:30 AM

It's not possible to deceive someone without trying.

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2011, 10:57 AM
whats the point if they defer wages and opt for share options....

Cry Havoc
10-28-2011, 11:42 AM
"The millionaires consulted in this survey are fake millionaires."

LOL...

Income over a million...

I think the article is being deceptive.

:lol

Wild Cobra
10-28-2011, 02:42 PM
It's not possible to deceive someone without trying.
If he thinks he's being deceived, I could care less if Chump wants to think I am deceiving him. His misinterpretation. May as well play along with him.

Wild Cobra
10-28-2011, 02:43 PM
whats the point if they defer wages and opt for share options....
Can NBA basketball players do that?

ChumpDumper
10-28-2011, 03:00 PM
If he thinks he's being deceived, I could care less if Chump wants to think I am deceiving him. His misinterpretation. May as well play along with him.You are being deceptive in that statement.

Cry Havoc
10-28-2011, 03:11 PM

:lmao

wat

Halberto
10-28-2011, 04:33 PM
lol Cry Havoc owned you WC

Drachen
10-28-2011, 04:36 PM
By the way, I don't think that anyone said that you had deceived them, WC. Everyone only said that you were being deceptive.

In case you were wondering, if everyone recognizes your deceptiveness, that means you are horrible at it.

CosmicCowboy
10-28-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm part of the 32% that say fuck higher taxes.

ChumpDumper
10-28-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm part of the 32% that say fuck higher taxes.From the seat of your handout golf cart.

Blake
10-28-2011, 05:06 PM
From the seat of your handout golf cart.

:rollin

CosmicCowboy
10-28-2011, 05:17 PM
From the seat of your handout golf cart.

Damn straight. I've paid more than my fair share of taxes. I started counting it up one time and I got sick and quit counting at 1 million.

CosmicCowboy
10-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Besides, Obama offered those tax credits to influence peoples behavior to buy electric vehicles. He damn sure influenced mine. Obama WANTED me to buy those electric vehicles!:lol

DMX7
10-28-2011, 05:23 PM
You say that jokingly, Cosmic, but I wouldn't be surprised if you actually had one of those big government subsidized Rascal Scooters.

MaNuMaNiAc
10-28-2011, 05:27 PM
You say that jokingly, Cosmic, but I wouldn't be surprised if you actually had one of those big government subsidized Rascal Scooters.

he does. Shit, he told everyone he was going to get one the minute the news of them came out.

I still don't see what's wrong with that though.

CosmicCowboy
10-28-2011, 05:27 PM

Shit, I've got better than that...I've got $14,000 of free golf carts ( a 4 seater and a limo 6 seater) compliments of President Obama. God bless america!

CosmicCowboy
10-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Those electric bitches are awesome for running around the ranch. I park my big gas guzzling 4 wheel drive monster truck when I get there and don't start it up again till it's time to leave.

MannyIsGod
10-28-2011, 06:00 PM
You know what one big difference between the have and have nots is and why many of the haves are actually haves? Because the Have Nots who think they're big shit act like Pakidan and some of the other people in the ATT thread who act like theirs some kind of morality involved in a business transaction while the Haves like CC just go out and get what is theirs.

While I don't think you should break the law, there is some serious truth in the saying "if you're not cheating you're not trying". You'd better damn well use everything you can to your advantage in today's world unless you're happy with where you are.

I still maintain that some of the craziest shit to me isn't that the rich fight off regulation and more of a tax burden but how some of the lower classes and middle classes do the fighting FOR them.

CosmicCowboy
10-28-2011, 06:16 PM
You know what one big difference between the have and have nots is and why many of the haves are actually haves? Because the Have Nots who think they're big shit act like Pakidan and some of the other people in the ATT thread who act like theirs some kind of morality involved in a business transaction while the Haves like CC just go out and get what is theirs.

While I don't think you should break the law, there is some serious truth in the saying "if you're not cheating you're not trying". You'd better damn well use everything you can to your advantage in today's world unless you're happy with where you are.

I still maintain that some of the craziest shit to me isn't that the rich fight off regulation and more of a tax burden but how some of the lower classes and middle classes do the fighting FOR them.

Manny, you are right, but I think you can still run a moral and profitable business. They are not mutually exclusive. And although I pushed the envelope with the golf carts, that was totally above board. I actually got audited for taking that $14,000 tax credit and beat it because I had all the proper documentation and complied with the letter of the law. I didn't write the law, I didn't lobby for it, but if they are going to freaking give it away I'm damn sure going to accommodate them.

Wild Cobra
10-28-2011, 06:47 PM
By the way, I don't think that anyone said that you had deceived them, WC. Everyone only said that you were being deceptive.

In case you were wondering, if everyone recognizes your deceptiveness, that means you are horrible at it.
I don't care what their confirmation biased perception is. And with Chump, I just was giving flippant responses because of the ass he is all the time.

Wild Cobra
10-28-2011, 06:49 PM
Besides, Obama offered those tax credits to influence peoples behavior to buy electric vehicles. He damn sure influenced mine. Obama WANTED me to buy those electric vehicles!:lol
Yep, I don't think he expected the working poor to buy any.

Wild Cobra
10-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Shit, I've got better than that...I've got $14,000 of free golf carts ( a 4 seater and a limo 6 seater) compliments of President Obama. God bless america!
No kidding.

Why would you want to waste the space storing a Rascal?

ChumpDumper
10-28-2011, 07:26 PM
I don't care what their confirmation biased perception is. And with Chump, I just was giving flippant responses because of the ass he is all the time.You are being deceptive.

DMX7
10-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Manny, you are right, but I think you can still run a moral and profitable business. They are not mutually exclusive. And although I pushed the envelope with the golf carts, that was totally above board. I actually got audited for taking that $14,000 tax credit and beat it because I had all the proper documentation and complied with the letter of the law. I didn't write the law, I didn't lobby for it, but if they are going to freaking give it away I'm damn sure going to accommodate them.

You got audited? :rollin

CosmicCowboy
10-28-2011, 10:12 PM
You got audited? :rollin

Uhhhh...I realize that seems unusual (and apparently hilarious) to losers like you, but it's actually pretty common for people that actually work and make decent money.

MannyIsGod
10-28-2011, 11:24 PM
CC I didn't mean to imply that you were immoral. My main point was just to say that you can't sit there and let opportunities pass you buy and expect to be successful. If you give me an inch, I want a few more, etc.

DMX7
10-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Uhhhh...I realize that seems unusual (and apparently hilarious) to losers like you, but it's actually pretty common for people that actually work and make decent money.

http://www.mymoneyblog.com/images/1101/audit2010.gif

And you're middle class (AT BEST), so your odds are probably like 1 in 200+. That's hardly common.

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2011, 11:52 PM
the haves and have nots...

if there is a loophole to be exploited and you can afford it? why not....free carts bitches

FuzzyLumpkins
10-29-2011, 01:47 AM

No its not.

CosmicCowboy
10-29-2011, 11:11 AM
No its not.

True, if you are an employee of a company and your tax return documentation consists only of a W2 it is fairly uncommon, but the more complicated your return gets, the more likely you are to be audited. Mine is fairly complicated because of multiple investment ordinary income sources and a property partnership.

And "Audit" may have been an exaggeration. They sent me a letter disallowing the credit and demanding $14,000, I sent them detailed documentation and their own guidelines highlighted with the pertinent sections and they backed down and allowed the credit. They did not actually audit my full return.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-29-2011, 11:17 AM
True, if you are an employee of a company and your tax return documentation consists only of a W2 it is fairly uncommon, but the more complicated your return gets, the more likely you are to be audited. Mine is fairly complicated because of multiple investment ordinary income sources and a property partnership.

And "Audit" may have been an exaggeration. They sent me a letter disallowing the credit and demanding $14,000, I sent them detailed documentation and their own guidelines highlighted with the pertinent sections and they backed down and allowed the credit. They did not actually audit my full return.

Maybe for those with offshore holdings and the like but having deductions on your return does not mean much at all. I don't see <5% as common at all.