PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Tweets That He Wants Crawford And Nash To Join Heat

Jloyola
10-28-2011, 01:44 AM
http://tracking.si.com/2011/10/27/lebron-tweets-that-he-wants-crawford-and-nash-to-join-the-heat/?xid=si_nba

LeBron James tweeted today that he would like star guards Jamal Crawford and Steve Nash to join him on the Miami Heat. Last offseason James famously took less money to join forces with other superstars in Miami in an attempt to win an NBA title.

“Would love to see @JCrossover in a Heat uni! What u guys say?” he tweeted today referring to Atlanta Hawks Jamal Crawford.

A second tweet shortly followed up asking for the services of Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash, “Maybe @SteveNash in a Heat uni! So we can help each other get our 1st ring.”

The two-time NBA Most Valuable Player joined the Miami Heat in 2010 where he teamed up with Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade. In the 2011 NBA Finals, they fell to the Dallas Mavericks, 4-2.

Frenzy
10-28-2011, 02:05 AM
I don't need big three I need big 5.

pass1st
10-28-2011, 02:17 AM
Nash would make sense if he got a small contract, they need a good PG. Need a bench more, though.

Spur_Fanatic
10-28-2011, 02:42 AM
Nash is the only one that could actually put some order in that team.

Baron Davιs
10-28-2011, 03:07 AM
Lol
How much help does the "best player in the world" need.

LMFAO

m>s
10-28-2011, 03:25 AM
just reflects how little he knows bout this game imho. nigga wants another two guards who play little D and need the ball to make a play, when a quality big is what that team actually needs

Mel_13
10-28-2011, 06:27 AM
James is such a joke.

If Nash wanted to chase a ring, he'd maneuver to reunite with Dirk not to become part of LeBron's entourage.

DPG21920
10-28-2011, 08:26 AM
You have to have a stacked team. People dont dog Kobe for teaming up with Pau Bynum Odom Artest....

That would be no different than Bron Wade Bosh Nash. Fact remains that every top team, while maybe not having a better top 2, has a top 3 that brings justbas much help and they stack the deck even more beyond that where the Heat are pretty bone dry on top talent beyond the big 3.

Its the circus that pisses people off, because all top players go after as many big names as possible.

cantthinkofanything
10-28-2011, 08:36 AM
You have to have a stacked team. People dont dog Kobe for teaming up with Pau Bynum Odom Artest....

That would be no different than Bron Wade Bosh Nash.

That's a stupid comparison.

EDIT: No, that was premature. I get your main point.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Nash would be Mario Chalmers without the defense if he went to the Heat. he'd gel horribly with a SG and SF who need the ball as much as he does.

Killakobe81
10-28-2011, 09:22 AM

That would be no different than Bron Wade Bosh Nash. Fact remains that every top team, while maybe not having a better top 2, has a top 3 that brings justbas much help and they stack the deck even more beyond that where the Heat are pretty bone dry on top talent beyond the big 3.

Its the circus that pisses people off, because all top players go after as many big names as possible.

Mehh, you have a point. But I dont "hate" the Heat ... I just think Lebron (kobe too) like most players would make a shitty GM. Sure, it's just one season and they may still win as constructed because they have 2 superstars and an all star big ...but there is too much redundancy on that team in Lebron's and Wade's skillset. And even though there are plenty of things Wade does better...Lebron is most comfortable with the ball in his hands and the more impactful player.

The reality is though many on here dismiss it, making the Finals (even in a weaker East) was an amazing accomplishment. Lebron will win eventually he does not need Nash. But I do think they need better rim protection ESPECIALLY if Lebron will continue to defend the best perimter players.
Lebron could really protect the paint a la Joish smith and has the size to be a Karl Malone type Physical deterrent, I just dont think they use him the right way, and I dont think mentally HE even knows how to maximize his skills ...yet. I think he will figure it out though and the will win ...he is THAT talented ...but will he next season?

Also how does getting a PG who neds the ball to excell on a team with two guys that already are ball dependent (especially Lebron) how does that help THIS team? It would do WONDERS for Bosh, but Nash is not the answer.

This is just like the morons that thought shaq was the answer for the suns or Jamison for the Cavs ...this shit is not NBA2k12 ...
Dallas was a great example of how much "fit" matters. No they were not a "juggernaut" but they played like one for most of 16 games ...because the pieces fit so well.

DPG21920
10-28-2011, 09:22 AM
Nash would bring a competent PG with elite outside shooting. They need proven 3pt shooters. While Chalmers is a better defender, IMO wade/Bron are so good on that end that it wouldn't hurt them that bad.

While I think adding a true defensive center is more important (Dalembert or something, doesn't need to be elite) adding a good decision maker and true PG who can shoot would be huge. Had Bibby or Chalmers been a real threat, MIA wins the title last year as is IMO.

Killakobe81
10-28-2011, 09:26 AM
And I would not even bring up Crawford great scorer but anytime he is shooting a fall-away 20 footer ... while Lebron or Wade is watching in either corner, that is a "win" for the defense.

Killakobe81
10-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Nash would bring a competent PG with elite outside shooting. They need proven 3pt shooters. While Chalmers is a better defender, IMO wade/Bron are so good on that end that it wouldn't hurt them that bad.

While I think adding a true defensive center is more important (Dalembert or something, doesn't need to be elite) adding a good decision maker and true PG who can shoot would be huge. Had Bibby or Chalmers been a real threat, MIA wins the title last year as is IMO.

They need 3 point shooters and Nash is a good one but he really is not a spot up shooter he is a create dribble onthe move type shooter. I hope they do get Nash (as a laker fan) I doubt they win especially if they made no other major moves ...

Nash to Dallas if they kept TC would be a better fit but I would HATE that ...

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Nash would be an expensive spot up shooter on Miami with horrible defense. That's it, and that's all.

Killakobe81
10-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Nash would be Mario Chalmers without the defense if he went to the Heat. he'd gel horribly with a SG and SF who need the ball as much as he does.

Exactly. The fast break would be amazing and I think Wade and Bosh would/could benefit but Nash and Lebron would both suffer you dont need a star point forward and PG ...

A better fit, would be Steph Curry ...good shooter used to playing with another ball dependent guard who is a great catch and shoot player as well. Obviously Warriors wont give him up but that is the "type" of PG they need if we making fantasy moves.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-28-2011, 09:33 AM
It's also pretty clear Nash DOESN'T want to be on a team with championship expectations and he'd much rather be on a team where he'll never get blamed for anything, so I don't see him going to the Heat anytime soon.

Killakobe81
10-28-2011, 09:34 AM
And if I am a GM/Owner of a contender i would kick in cash for the heat to add Crawford as their PG/SG ...

djohn2oo8
10-28-2011, 09:39 AM
This guy is such a fraud. I don't see how anyone can defend him anymore.

Killakobe81
10-28-2011, 09:41 AM
I think it's cool that Lebron tweets, but gosh sometimes he seems to not "get it" then he wonders why he gets some of the hate he does. God bless him.

Personally I think it would be a shame if he does not win as talented as he is, but that is not great leadership. he needs to lead that team to a title and he does not need Nash or Crawford to do so ...:bang

A few role players and Lebron's continued development (post game, mid-range and shot) should be more than enough for him to ring soon ...

stretch
10-28-2011, 09:51 AM
If Nash went there, the NBA would seriously be fucked.

Killakobe81
10-28-2011, 09:53 AM

No, they wouldn't.

stretch
10-28-2011, 09:55 AM
Yeah, they would.

Their offense would actually have some flow, which is the only thing that is missing from the Heat. Their defense is nasty, and their transition game is nasty. Adding Nash will help their half-court offense exponentially by having someone who can actually run a pick-and-roll, shoot 3s with consistency, and keep ego's in check by forcing them to run the offense the way it needs to be ran, as opposed to watching Bron or Wade go 1-on-5.

stretch
10-28-2011, 09:57 AM
But it would probably only last a year, because after they get that ring, Nash is done.

DMC
10-28-2011, 10:05 AM
just reflects how little he knows bout this game imho. nigga wants another two guards who play little D and need the ball to make a play, when a quality big is what that team actually needs
Like Yao

DMC
10-28-2011, 10:08 AM
I think it's cool that Lebron tweets, but gosh sometimes he seems to not "get it" then he wonders why he gets some of the hate he does. God bless him.

Personally I think it would be a shame if he does not win as talented as he is, but that is not great leadership. he needs to lead that team to a title and he does not need Nash or Crawford to do so ...:bang

A few role players and Lebron's continued development (post game, mid-range and shot) should be more than enough for him to ring soon ...

I don't think it would be a shame. It would be a shame if some rich ass owner buys Lebron into a ring, and history recalls it as Lebron being a championship level player when he's not.

Lebron has one thing going for him; genetics. Everything else is just fluff.

DPG21920
10-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Again, I don't get why people knock on Lebron for asking for help to win. Kobe does it. He has a ridiculously stacked team. Pierce KG and Allen do it. Spurs with Tim Manu TP RJ tried to do it. I think it's really silly to knock Lebron for wanting more help. To say "omg do it on your own!!" is silly to me when NO ONE winning doesn't ask for more and more big names for a legit shot.

Killakobe81
10-28-2011, 10:34 AM
I don't think it would be a shame. It would be a shame if some rich ass owner buys Lebron into a ring, and history recalls it as Lebron being a championship level player when he's not.

I wont agree 100% ...but I get your point but man, his genetics are great stuff. He has a David Robinson type physique with almost Parker like Speed and pretty good vision. (i dont think he has Magic or Nash vision like some do)

DPG21920
10-28-2011, 10:36 AM

By that logic there really arent championship level players. Kobe got pau Ron odom Artest....

Mavs got dirk Kidd Chandler Marion...

Spurs tried to add RJ to Tim Manu TP ...

It's silly. Lebron, winning or not is clearly a top 2 player. Also besides the big 3, they really don't have very much at all and teams winning rings besides the Spurs lately all have big payrolls so did they buy theirs?

Killakobe81
10-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Again, I don't get why people knock on Lebron for asking for help to win. Kobe does it. He has a ridiculously stacked team. Pierce KG and Allen do it. Spurs with Tim Manu TP RJ tried to do it. I think it's really silly to knock Lebron for wanting more help. To say "omg do it on your own!!" is silly to me when NO ONE winning doesn't ask for more and more big names for a legit shot.

I think we just want the best from Lebron on and off the court. This is not about those guys, this is about Lebron. Nothing wrong with getting help, he got it plenty of it ...but he lost. I know they still have holes but the visit with Hakeem is more of what i want 2 see ...not tweets begging for even more all-stars.

Nothing wrong with admitting you need help necessarily and every star needs some, but I dont see why you "don't get it" he has a better #2 than most stars in NBA history outside of Kareem and maybe Shaq and even shaq did not have a "prime" Kobe ... so of course he will catch "heat" (no pun) for this tweet.

Killakobe81
10-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Plus dirk did not whine for help ...or leave his team. Fair or not, that is best comparison.

JamStone
10-28-2011, 11:01 AM
By that logic there really arent championship level players. Kobe got pau Ron odom Artest....

Mavs got dirk Kidd Chandler Marion...

Spurs tried to add RJ to Tim Manu TP ...

It's silly. Lebron, winning or not is clearly a top 2 player. Also besides the big 3, they really don't have very much at all and teams winning rings besides the Spurs lately all have big payrolls so did they buy theirs?

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to improve your team with great players. I don't see anything wrong with LeBron wanting more talent, although Nash and Crawford aren't the guys I'd be targeting if I were LeBron. I'd be tweeting to Tyson Chandler or Samuel Dalembert first. But at any rate, LeBron catches "heat" more so because last year he decided to join Dwyane Wade to be Wade's second fiddle. And when you have LeBron's perceived status, it seemed weak.

Your examples are of great players getting other great players to come to them. Kobe getting Pau, Artest. Dirk getting Marion, Kidd, Chandler. But LeBron went to Wade. LeBron joined another established superstar instead of being the guy to bring great players to him. The better comparison you made was KG to Boston. But at least KG was easily the bigger star than Pierce and KG was at the end of his career. LeBron and Wade are close to equals in terms of star status, and LeBron is very much in his prime. That's what makes him look weak. And anything else he does to help improve his team looks subsequently weak, whether it's right or wrong to view it that way.

Trill Clinton
10-28-2011, 11:44 AM
smh he doesn't need them but it would be fun to watch if it happened.

DPG21920
10-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Jam, that makes some sense but it's situational. Lebron had the misfortune of being in CLE. There was 0 chance of getting people to come to him. IMO, going to MIA, just because Wade was already there doesn't mean he left to be second fiddle. That logic is very poor to me because if you are saying that Wade coming to CLE would make him second fiddle, then that is even worse. The players are who they are and going to play in a certain city doesn't change that. I might see the point if Lebron was in LA and left to go to MIA, but this is CLE we are talking about so that factor trumps all when looking at it from your point of view.

I agree, the circus and asking is what is perceived weak, but when people attack him, they do it because "he is asking for help" and "OMG how many guys does he need!!!!!!!!!???", which to me is silly.

I don't care if Lebron has the best #2 option in the league, when you look at payrolls and big 3's, many big 3's have an overall talent to match MIA's (or at least close) and they all have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more talent beyond the big 3 then MIA. So saying Lebron has equal talent on his team compared to other big spenders (MIA wasn't even a big spender last year) is wrong IMO.

They still got to the finals and could have won, which IMO shows how great Lebron/Wade truly are, but there was no question that even before this last season, everyone knew it wouldn't be enough because all the contenders have really good big 3's + a lot of other help when MIA couldn't have that due to salary constraints. So him trying to fill in the holes is something they all do.

I'm not saying he shouldn't catch "heat" for his antics, I'm saying that him catching flack for asking for help is silly and doesn't mean he isn't an elite championship level player.

Put it this way, if in any of his years with the Cavs, you swap Bron with Kobe on LA, he rings.

stretch
10-28-2011, 12:09 PM

DPG, with some goods finally.

DPG21920
10-28-2011, 12:11 PM
^ That call on the Cowboys/NE last drive withstanding

Giuseppe
10-28-2011, 12:12 PM
DPG, with some goods finally.

His aunt regulated him.

tee, hee.

DPG21920
10-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Blaming aunt's for being regulated is for pus*ys and a-holes ^

Giuseppe
10-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Blaming aunt's for being regulated is for pus*ys and a-holes ^

I ain't blamin' Her. I'm laudin' Her.

Yer pisser since Her regulatin'. We're twinsies. You regulated me. She regulated you.

JamStone
10-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Jam, that makes some sense but it's situational. Lebron had the misfortune of being in CLE. There was 0 chance of getting people to come to him. IMO, going to MIA, just because Wade was already there doesn't mean he left to be second fiddle. That logic is very poor to me because if you are saying that Wade coming to CLE would make him second fiddle, then that is even worse. The players are who they are and going to play in a certain city doesn't change that. I might see the point if Lebron was in LA and left to go to MIA, but this is CLE we are talking about so that factor trumps all when looking at it from your point of view.

I agree, the circus and asking is what is perceived weak, but when people attack him, they do it because "he is asking for help" and "OMG how many guys does he need!!!!!!!!!???", which to me is silly.

I don't care if Lebron has the best #2 option in the league, when you look at payrolls and big 3's, many big 3's have an overall talent to match MIA's (or at least close) and they all have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more talent beyond the big 3 then MIA. So saying Lebron has equal talent on his team compared to other big spenders (MIA wasn't even a big spender last year) is wrong IMO.

They still got to the finals and could have won, which IMO shows how great Lebron/Wade truly are, but there was no question that even before this last season, everyone knew it wouldn't be enough because all the contenders have really good big 3's + a lot of other help when MIA couldn't have that due to salary constraints. So him trying to fill in the holes is something they all do.

I'm not saying he shouldn't catch "heat" for his antics, I'm saying that him catching flack for asking for help is silly and doesn't mean he isn't an elite championship level player.

Put it this way, if in any of his years with the Cavs, you swap Bron with Kobe on LA, he rings.

Okay, I don't really disagree too much. But I do think the perception of LeBron joining Wade in Miami wasn't just about LeBron winning or not being able to win in Cleveland. LeBron went to Wade. But you can't compare that to Pau joining Kobe or KG joining Pierce or Jefferson joining Duncan because of who Wade is and what Wade has done. Wade back in 2010 was a top 5 player in the league, already an NBA champion, already an NBA Finals MVP, another franchise star still early on in his prime. There is no other comparison you can make over the past decade of a player the caliber and stature of LeBron joining another player the caliber of Wade both in their primes to play second fiddle even though he's regarded as arguably the best player in the league. It would be like Shaq joining the Spurs after the 1999 season. It would be like KG joining the Lakers after 2004. It would be like Dirk joining the Heat after the 2006 Finals were over. The other "stacked" teams aren't comparable to LeBron joining Wade because of that dynamic. That's why he's criticized. That's why every word, every action, every tweet is so heavily analyzed under a microscope. LeBron was supposed to be the best player in the league. And he went to another superstar and his team, who had already won a championship. That dynamic has no comparison to other teams you mentioned.

My criticism last summer if the point is he can't win it in Cleveland was that he didn't go to New York. He would have been on the biggest stage in the league, would have also had Amare but it would have been LeBron's team. And at least it was about him still being "the guy." And he could recruit his heart out there for more talent, and it wouldn't seem as weak as it does now.

I think it's fine that it's important for him to win and he wants all the talent he can get. That's how every player should feel. But I'm sure he understands that with how the media and even he propped himself with greatness and kingship well before he earned it, there will be plenty of criticism of him and his every move.

Xylus
10-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Lebron and Amare seemed like a no-brainer to me in the 2010 offseason. That team might not have gone all the way with D'Antoni at the helm, but within the next few years, I think a ring would have been guaranteed with the right roster adjustments.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Yeah, a spot up 3 point shooter would make a huge difference.

ALVAREZ6
10-28-2011, 07:33 PM
lmfao if that shit is serious

SMH lebron

Red Hawk #21
10-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Why does Lebron do shit like this? Obviously, he should know by now that his every move is under microscope. There's nothing wrong with wanting more help, but at least reach out to the players you want on your team personally. Instead he broadcasts it over twitter smh.

Jloyola
10-29-2011, 02:20 AM
Finally!!!!!

Its been awhile since this board has a had a real discussion.