PDA

View Full Version : Car Rentals

jcrod
06-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Does anyone know where to get the best deals? I've been looking on the net, but was wondering if there's some deal or coupon I might of missed. Never needed to rent a vehicle before, so any help would be appreciated.

Renting a MiniVan, damn things are expensive to rent. Looking for at least 10 days for a trip.

CosmicCowboy
06-15-2005, 11:29 AM
I normally use Enterprise when I have to put vehicles in the shop...There is one on I-10 somewhere around the Medical exit on the east side of the highway that will deal.

sa_butta
06-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Does anyone know where to get the best deals? I've been looking on the net, but was wondering if there's some deal or coupon I might of missed. Never needed to rent a vehicle before, so any help would be appreciated.

Renting a MiniVan, damn things are expensive to rent. Looking for at least 10 days for a trip.Give me all the info Dates times and city. I am a travel agent and I am at work now so I can tell you what you need to rent. First how old are you and do you have a major credit card?

jcrod
06-15-2005, 11:38 AM
I normally use Enterprise when I have to put vehicles in the shop...There is one on I-10 somewhere around the Medical exit on the east side of the highway that will deal.

Yeah, I've used them also for the same reason, which the dealership usually pays.

Cheapest I've seen so far is Avis for Mini Vans, they have a good deal before June 30th for 209 wk, problem is I need it for July. Do you know surcharges and taxes adds over $100 for my rental (calculated), thats outrageous.

jcrod
06-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Give me all the info Dates times and city. I am a travel agent and I am at work now so I can tell you what you need to rent. First how old are you and do you have a major credit card?

Cool, thanks. I'll get my dates straight and send you an IM.

CosmicCowboy
06-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I've used them also for the same reason, which the dealership usually pays.

Cheapest I've seen so far is Avis for Mini Vans, they have a good deal before June 30th for 209 wk, problem is I need it for July. Do you know surcharges and taxes adds over $100 for my rental (calculated), thats outrageous.

The Spurs appreciate you paying the surcharge. that and the hotel tax is how they pay the bond for the SBC center. guess you could save a little by renting outside Bexar County...

Clandestino
06-15-2005, 12:11 PM
most of the time you don't need the extra insurance..your auto policy should cover the rental...

Useruser666
06-15-2005, 12:37 PM
most of the time you don't need the extra insurance..your auto policy should cover the rental...

Yeah, so get the extra policy. If your insurance has to pay, you will end up paying.

Kori Ellis
06-15-2005, 12:42 PM
We usually use Dollar or Alamo. They usually have better rates than Enterprise or Hertz.

sa_butta
06-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Actually with the Minivan Enterprise is the lowest for the dates he wants. These rates fluctuate so much depending on dates and times its not funny. But normally Hertz is one of the highest dont like them too much.

T Park
06-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Hertz is the worst.

Ive got a long ass story about getting abandoned at the german border thanks to Hertz not updating the insurance on a car, and refusing to send out another car to help out.

Xolotl
06-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Give me all the info Dates times and city. I am a travel agent and I am at work now so I can tell you what you need to rent. First how old are you and do you have a major credit card?

Hey Butta to use a travel agent do I have to pay you, or is it one of those things that you make money off of the airlines and hotels?

sa_butta
06-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Hey Butta to use a travel agent do I have to pay you, or is it one of those things that you make money off of the airlines and hotels?I work on one of our companies corporate accounts, setting up travel for Newell Rubbermaid employees, we also have government and military contracts. I do it as a hobby cause I like what I do and I dont mind helping out people who require travel needs, but I am not a leisure agent. Most travel agents charge a fee for the work plus we make some commissions on certain car and hotel vendors. If you need me to check something for you no charge here.

Mr Dio
06-15-2005, 08:02 PM
Hey Butta, what about SAT to SJD 3Sep in the a.m. & return 8Sep in the afternoon? Wanna fly AA or Cont & stay @ the Finisterra if possible. I've gotten the best deals by getting hotel & airfare sep from each other.

Nbadan
06-16-2005, 01:47 AM

Renting a MiniVan, damn things are expensive to rent. Looking for at least 10 days for a trip.

Been there, done that. Keep in mind that only two companies, National and Dollar allow you to take their minivans more than one state over when traveling nationally, and with both you need a credit card to rent, which sucks cause I stick strictly to the debit kind.

Last time I rented, I put 6,500 miles in 14 days on a Van. Even the lady at the check-in counter was amazed. Glad I had that unlimited milage clause.

Clandestino
06-16-2005, 08:13 AM
i totaled a brand new ford focus in germany. i was the first person to rent it too. i only had to pay the deductible. a few weeks later i got a letter from hertz saying i was banned from renting from hertz, WORLDWIDE for LIFE!

however, after I became a Skymiles Platinum member Hertz was offering me Gold preferred status rental, etc.. bullshit! hahaha!

sa_butta
06-16-2005, 08:53 AM
Hey Butta, what about SAT to SJD 3Sep in the a.m. & return 8Sep in the afternoon? Wanna fly AA or Cont & stay @ the Finisterra if possible. I've gotten the best deals by getting hotel & airfare sep from each other.Airfare $594.80usd lowest rate available. Hotel is $135.00usd a night unless you have AAA $121.50usd.

Mr Dio
06-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Butta, that airfare for 2 people or each person?

SequSpur
06-17-2005, 06:52 PM
rentaclunker