stretch
10-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Choose.

FkLA
10-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Choke City

Killakobe81
10-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Heard New school in Dallas this morning argue it was last night, "the catch" and Mavs in their first NBA finals (game 3?) they did not pick a winner but said those had to be the top 3 ...

pass1st
10-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Not sure about the rest, but 06 seemed like it was a win for you guys and you had to watch it slip away game by game.

Giuseppe
10-28-2011, 10:56 AM
"The Catch"....MSM comprehensively worked that to a fine American cultural point.

Fpoonsie
10-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Wasn't alive in '81, still bitter towards the Mavs in '06, and find nothing even remotely appealing about watching hockey on TV...

...but last night was a pretty swift fucking kick to the prostate. Ugh.

stretch
10-28-2011, 11:02 AM
I would probably say "The Catch", because its a one-and-done game. At least in the case of the Mavs and Rangers, they still have/had more games to play. Plus, Cowboys always have been and probably always will be #1 in Dallas.

stretch
10-28-2011, 11:02 AM
But in terms of extreme emotional highs and lows, I don't think a game can be any worse for that than last night.

Fpoonsie
10-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Granted, but last night had, there were so many moments when you were RIGHT there. The back-to-back HRs, the pitcher even scoring a run, then the tie, THEN the Josh 2-run blast (that was PARTICULARLY devastating; I wanted that win for him so badly).

What happened to having an intimidating bullpen?! Christ.

Fpoonsie
10-28-2011, 11:06 AM
But in terms of extreme emotional highs and lows, I don't think a game can be any worse for that than last night.

Exactly.

stretch
10-28-2011, 11:24 AM

thats the way baseball go

Fpoonsie
10-28-2011, 11:31 AM
thats the way baseball go

Lulz. Yeah.

Honestly, I knew after they posted that stat about Feliz having only given up 1 earned run in however many at bats that things were about to unravel.

:depressed

JoeTait75
10-28-2011, 11:33 AM
What about the Ice Bowl? That had to be a kick in the nuts.

Giuseppe
10-28-2011, 11:36 AM
What about the Ice Bowl? That had to be a kick in the nuts.

Solid lodgement.

That's another one when sports media took a side and crucified the other. Then MSM took it and ran with it. Kramer (white) taking out Pugh (black) is etched like Clark (white) across the back of that end zone, both against Dallas flash.

It's not like that now. The owners found a way around it:::they bought up Media. tee, hee.

Dex
10-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Granted, but last night had, there were so many moments when you were RIGHT there. The back-to-back HRs, the pitcher even scoring a run, then the tie, THEN the Josh 2-run blast (that was PARTICULARLY devastating; I wanted that win for him so badly).

Rangers up 3 runs going into the 8th...should've been a win.

Rangers up 2 runs with 2 outs and 2 strikes in the bottom of the 9th...should've been a win.

Cruz lollygagging on a catchable out to finish the game...should've been a win.

Rangers up 2 runs with 2 outs and 2 strikes in the bottom of the 10th...should've been a win.

Washington inexplicably playing the outfield to defend the double play when a catch in the field earns you the title...should've been a win.

Playing musical pitchers and sending out some scrub who floats one over the plate....doom.

The Rangers had several golden opportunities last night, and they blew every single one of them. They will be damn lucky if they find themselves in the same position again tonight. That's gotta be a back breaker for Texas, whereas one has to believe the Cardinals now have the momentum, the belief, and home field advantage on their side, and the fans will be foaming at the mouth like most Game 7 spectators are.

Fpoonsie
10-28-2011, 11:38 AM
...ugh.

Giuseppe
10-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Rangers up 3 runs going into the 8th...should've been a win.

I hit my remote, clapped twice & rolled over.

mavs>spurs
10-28-2011, 11:39 AM
it's impossible to judge until after the series is over imho. if the rangers bounce back to win game 7, everyone forgets about game 6. the 06 series the outcome is already decided though. that one was a heartbreaker and there ain't nothing that can be done about that, the rangers however still have a change to set things right.

NRHector
10-28-2011, 11:40 AM
lulz. Yeah.

Honestly, i knew after they posted that stat about feliz having only given up 1 earned run in however many at bats that things were about to unravel.

:depressed+1

Fpoonsie
10-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Though, while I'll be terribly disappointed, I'll feel even worse for my Dallas-area friends that've actually been on board w/ TEX since YEARS before there were Ranger flags flying on every other car that passes by.

There's no consoling that.

Fpoonsie
10-28-2011, 11:42 AM
it's impossible to judge until after the series is over imho. if the rangers bounce back to win game 7, everyone forgets about game 6. the 06 series the outcome is already decided though. that one was a heartbreaker and there ain't nothing that can be done about that, the rangers however still have a change to set things right.

Didn't last year's ring effectively put (more or less) an end to all the bitter/angry/depressing fallout from '06's collapse?

mavs>spurs
10-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Didn't last year's ring effectively put (more or less) an end to all the bitter/angry/depressing fallout from '06's collapse?

no lol, it just makes you pissed that we were competitive for more than an entire decade and only came away with 1 ring. if we don't have that epic fail in 06, who knows if we still have a psychological breakdown in 07. throw in the dirk injury in 03, and we could potentially have 4 rings. not saying we deserve 4, but you like to shoot more than 25%. the general feeling i get overall is still disappointment is what i'm saying.

Fpoonsie
10-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah, that makes sense.

<-still bitter about the Manu foul
<-still asshurt about .4
<-even still a little pissy about the no-call on Fish w/ Brent pulling up for the shot at the buzzer

stretch
10-28-2011, 11:51 AM
no lol, it just makes you pissed that we were competitive for more than an entire decade and only came away with 1 ring. if we don't have that epic fail in 06, who knows if we still have a psychological breakdown in 07. throw in the dirk injury in 03, and we could potentially have 4 rings. not saying we deserve 4, but you like to shoot more than 25%. the general feeling i get overall is still disappointment is what i'm saying.

very good point

but im still pretty happy with this championship. it really couldnt have been sweeter than this one. i dont think if they had won 3-4 through the decade, would any of those been HALF was appreciated as this one was. for them to only come out with 1 ring, it was a hell of a ring

Giuseppe
10-28-2011, 11:55 AM
could

:lmao:lmao:lmao

mavs>spurs
10-28-2011, 11:57 AM
very good point

but im still pretty happy with this championship. it really couldnt have been sweeter than this one. i dont think if they had won 3-4 through the decade, would any of those been HALF was appreciated as this one was. for them to only come out with 1 ring, it was a hell of a ring

yeah no doubt that i still appreciated it and it would suck a lot harder had we lost this one. 1 ring >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 0 rings, to put it in stretch terms lol.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Shut yer piehole before I call up Will.

JoeTait75
10-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Can't imagine what it feels like to be a Rangers fan today.

Oh, wait. Yes I can.

Dex
10-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah, that makes sense.

<-still bitter about the Manu foul
<-still asshurt about .4
<-even still a little pissy about the no-call on Fish w/ Brent pulling up for the shot at the buzzer

This. But that's what makes the game of basketball (and sports in general) so great. As much as I hated those moments (and still think about what could've been), the highs wouldn't seem as high if you didn't also experience the lows.

Those games where your team is scrapping or in danger, and you're on the edge of your seat and you've got that knot in your stomach...those are the greatest games to watch. When the thrill of victory of the agony of defeat hinges on one or two plays....it's the same thing that made the Memorial Day Miracle or the Dagger in Detroit so amazing. Compare that to the '07 Finals. While it's always exciting to watch your team win a championship, there was no drama, particularly after Games 1 and 2. Without that suspense, the whole series seemed vaguely....humdrum.

I don't even have the emotional investment in the Rangers that a lot of people do, and neither do many of my friends...still, everyone was tweeting and talking last night about how nerve-racked they were going into the 9th, 10th, 11th innings. Those games are the reasons we watch as sports fans.

#41 Shoot Em Up
10-28-2011, 01:31 PM
NBA Finals 06 game 5 was the toughest one for me to take personally.
Should be a choice you bitch azz slant eyed fool

lefty
10-28-2011, 01:59 PM
What about Dallas Mavericks in 88 vs the Lakers?

The Mavs still had a shot in game 7 before Aguirre's injury

Giuseppe
10-28-2011, 02:03 PM
What about Dallas Mavericks in 88 vs the Lakers?

The Mavs still had a shot in game 7 before Aguirre's injury

Donaldson gave Jabbar some problems.

lefty
10-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Donaldson gave Jabbar some problems.
Yep, he did a good job

JayTheClown
10-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Cowboys 81 "The Catch"

And its not even close. I wasn't born when this happened, but even I know when your talking about the DFW area, Cowboys always come first. When the Mavs lost in 2006 only a fraction of the DFW market were devastated. Same with the Rangers (tho you can say it was a smaller section). I cant even imagine the devastation this area experienced when Dwight Clark caught that ball.

FkLA
10-28-2011, 03:11 PM

I dont get why alot of mav fans think they had a chance in 03', those were the run and gun Nellie days. No defense all offense. Not to mention they were already down 3-1 when Dirk went down.

06' was theirs though, they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. That 07' team was scary good as well they looked like a well-oiled machine against everyone in the league except GS. Those two years I understand the disappointment.

what a fag :lol

we couldve had 3-4 throughout the decade but the chokejobs made this one that much sweeter, 1>4 :cry

Kyle Orton
10-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Fkla it was only 2-1 spurs when dirk went down tbh iirc. I still think they would've lost the series but you never know.

stretch
10-28-2011, 03:50 PM
I dont get why alot of mav fans think they had a chance in 03', those were the run and gun Nellie days. No defense all offense. Not to mention they were already down 3-1 when Dirk went down.

06' was theirs though, they snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. That 07' team was scary good as well they looked like a well-oiled machine against everyone in the league except GS. Those two years I understand the disappointment.

what a fag :lol

we couldve had 3-4 throughout the decade but the chokejobs made this one that much sweeter, 1>4 :cry

hi harlem heat

FkLA
10-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Fkla it was only 2-1 spurs when dirk went down tbh iirc. I still think they would've lost the series but you never know.

He went down in the 2nd half of the 4th game I think, and they were already well on their way to being down 3-1 in that game. If anything I think the injury made the series more interesting cus it gave NVE a bigger role and allowed him to go crazy a couple of games.

stretch
10-28-2011, 04:27 PM
He went down in the 2nd half of the 4th game I think, and they were already well on their way to being down 3-1 in that game. If anything I think the injury made the series more interesting cus it gave NVE a bigger role and allowed him to go crazy a couple of games.

hi harlemheat

Jacob1983
10-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Game 6 of this World Series has to be the worst. Cowboys, Stars, and Mavs have all won championships. Stars didn't choke in 2000. They got beat by a better team. The Mavs in 2006 choked because of a combination of their offense going cold and the refs sucking on Wade's dick. The Cowboys are Cowboys. I know they've sucked with Romo as their QB but they're still the Cowboys.

lefty
10-28-2011, 11:39 PM
We have a new challenger

4>0rings
10-28-2011, 11:39 PM
lol selling out tickets to watch the worst chokers in 3 different sports

Jacob1983
10-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Indians fans should not compare themselves to Rangers fans and vice versa. The Indians have won a World Series. I know it's been forever but they have still won one.

DMC
10-29-2011, 12:24 AM
Game 6 of this World Series has to be the worst. Cowboys, Stars, and Mavs have all won championships. Stars didn't choke in 2000. They got beat by a better team. The Mavs in 2006 choked because of a combination of their offense going cold and the refs sucking on Wade's dick. The Cowboys are Cowboys. I know they've sucked with Romo as their QB but they're still the Cowboys.
The Rangers were beaten by a better team. Inevitably, that's how it happens.

Jacob1983
10-29-2011, 12:29 AM
Not buying it.

Ashy Larry
10-29-2011, 08:50 AM
damn @ one strike away not once but twice ....... brutal.

JoeTait75
10-29-2011, 09:04 AM
Indians fans should not compare themselves to Rangers fans and vice versa. The Indians have won a World Series. I know it's been forever but they have still won one.

1948 is a long, long time ago. Especially if you were born in 1975.

4>0 Rings' Treadmill
10-29-2011, 11:14 AM
I dont get why alot of mav fans think they had a chance in 03', those were the run and gun Nellie days. No defense all offense.

This is true.

I wasn't heartbroken at all in 03 because that's when I was starting to figure out how the NBA worked, and no team that played that terrible of defense will ever win a title

The Rangers and 06 Mavs are infinitely worse because those teams actually had what it took to win it all

adrienne
10-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Rangers obviously stings the most right now, but I voted for the Mavs in '06...that one had extended family calling to make sure I hadn't killed myself.

Jacob1983
10-29-2011, 09:35 PM
I don't see how the Mavs in 06 is worse than the Rangers this year. The Mavs were up 2-0 in the series. They had to win 2 more games to win the championship. The Rangers were 3-2 in the World Series and only need 1 strike to win the championship. Wouldn't the Rangers fail be worse than the Mavs since they were closer to the championship than the Mavs?

adrienne
10-29-2011, 09:43 PM
For me, it's because I care more about one than the other:lol I love the Rangers, but they'll always be second to the Mavs. I may have cried last night (shut up, don't judge me) but it wasn't totally devastating to me like 2006.

m>s
10-29-2011, 09:46 PM
cowboys & mavs are the best sports teams in DFW imho, leave them rangers the fuck alone until they change their name to "dallas" rangers

Jacob1983
10-30-2011, 12:15 AM
What about the Stars?