PDA

View Full Version : Pop Warner City Championships Today

SA210
10-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Hey guys, not sure if anyone has ever been involved with Pop Warner but my family is involved and after years of hard work and losing seasons, fundraisers, blood, sweat and tears, they finally have a winning record. These kids on the team are only from ages 10-12. (some of the core group of kids grew up together on the younger losing teams past few years). The Pee Wee team.

They are now undefeated for the entire season and won their last playoff game. They are 8-0, the ONLY undefeated team in SA Metro area...and today they are going for the City Championship at Hero Stadium @ 6pm tonight vs The Buffaloes, the other top team in the city.

I'm really proud of them. My whole family is involved with the organization in some way, coaching, nephews and niece on some of the teams, as well as the cheer team, etc. But wow, it's amazing to see a very young group of kids playing like this. With great coaching, the right leaders in their life, they can really grow up to be something special, and i don't mean just in football. Anyhow, here's a video of some of the behind the scenes stuff with this team..The South Central Cougars.

Wish em luck tonight..if they win city, they go to regionals, state, then Nationals in Florida (which btw they need to raise $$ to get there, wasnt askin for money, but it wouldn't hurt if anyone wanted to help donate, they need it).

I want to point out that this group of kids have really been thru a lot the past few years, losing season after losing season, even when they started out 4-0 or 5-0 each season, that's when they would fall apart and go on a losing streak. This vid shows a halftime speech from This season from the coaches and the organization President who were tired of losing, they were currently 4-0 at that time and usually the moment when they folded. The kids were coming out of plays crying, frustrated and on the verge up giving up again, players blaming refs, blaming dirty play by the other team, even face masking themselves out of frustration, etc. I was there, i thought the coaches did a great job in how they motivated the kids, that it wasn't happening again this time around, well they got so pumped up, they went on to win that game against the other undefeated team. They ended the regular season undefeated 8-0 and the winning spirit has carried on into the playoffs. That one halftime speech was the turning point I believe. And..hooray for the southside.

Hope you enjoy the video, just a quick video I threw together for them. I hope this can stay in the Club, I saw it as a great San Antonio thing, so I put it here.

R3Z3JJggj3k

And this short vid is from when they beat that team after that speech..

-4cMJmR11jw&feature=related

SA210
10-30-2011, 01:20 PM
So they win!! South Central Cougars won the City Championships last night. 19-14 and took the first lead in the game with only 6 seconds left to go. Now they go on to represent San Antonio against the best of Texas and to Nationals in Florida. Still undefeated 9-0

tlongII
10-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Here's some video of my nephew's team. They are good!

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bxmqy3LNacRINDMwYjUwZWYtMWNjZi00ZDc3LTk3M DItY2QxZjNkNTYzNWFj&hl=en_US&invite=CPm6gDQ

Mr. Peabody
10-30-2011, 10:40 PM
I played and coached Pop Warner for the Highland Hawks. Congrats to the team. Those kids will remember this season for the rest of their lives.

LakerHater
10-30-2011, 10:59 PM
Screw Pop Warner!

SA210
10-31-2011, 06:43 PM
I played and coached Pop Warner for the Highland Hawks. Congrats to the team. Those kids will remember this season for the rest of their lives.

Thanks! Yea they play Austins best team this Saturday in Medina Valley for Regionals. It is certainly memorable. I think it's gonna be on the news too. Fox 29 has already contacted the organization.

SA210
10-31-2011, 06:47 PM
Here's some video of my nephew's team. They are good!

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0Bxmqy3LNacRINDMwYjUwZWYtMWNjZi00ZDc3LTk3M DItY2QxZjNkNTYzNWFj&hl=en_US&invite=CPm6gDQ

Awesome, I'm gonna check it out.

tlongII
10-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Awesome, I'm gonna check it out.

They just won the championship of their league this past Saturday.