PDA

View Full Version : NBA Lockout: Who is right?

Spur_Fanatic
10-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Curious on what the general opinion is.

Koolaid_Man
10-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Curious on what the general opinion is.

who you jump up and down for...:lol

Spur_Fanatic
10-29-2011, 08:05 PM
so many views, so little votes.

pass1st
10-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Players are too greedy, owners don't see eye to eye. They all contribute to a big pile of shit.

m>s
10-29-2011, 10:20 PM
owners had been losing money in this game imho, however during the lockout they don't pay shit to them n!ggas they are actually saving money now imho. players who pioneered the strike are all rich n/ggas who don't need to work that hard. imho some extra rest was what them rich n/ggas always wanted and now they are having the rest now, i think the its a win-win deal to both them players and owners. seems stern and the fans are the only people who really want to end the lockout tbh

DMC
10-29-2011, 10:28 PM
No one is winning this one. Egos, mostly uneducated ones, are going to cause these players to lose a shit load more money than they would have lost with a 50/50 split.

Two rich greedy sides not giving a shit about the fan base. Sprewell is laughing his ass off.

BlackSwordsMan
10-29-2011, 10:47 PM
NBA owners are right fuck the players everyone knows its the owners who bring the fans in

DMC
10-29-2011, 10:50 PM
NBA owners are right fuck the players everyone knows its the owners who bring the fans in
Chicken/Egg thing here, you cannot win.

Neither would exist without the fans. The longer they pull this shit, the more borderline fans will move on to other things.

Didn't they learn anything from the NHL?

BlackSwordsMan
10-29-2011, 10:57 PM
any white guy can own the team they don't do shit

ElNono
10-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Shit, I wanted to vote Neither and screwed up...

BlackSwordsMan
10-29-2011, 11:08 PM
You're pretty good at hiding your CC statements from your wife. I'll give you props

ElNono
10-29-2011, 11:09 PM
It would be funny if that's the only vote Players get :lol

ElNono
10-29-2011, 11:09 PM
sup BlackSwordsMan

BlackSwordsMan
10-29-2011, 11:12 PM
ive been busy on that site you posted
thanks man

ElNono
10-29-2011, 11:19 PM
ur welcome... I guess :lol

DMC
10-30-2011, 12:49 AM
any white guy can own the team they don't do shit
Any white guy?

I highly doubt that.

Regardless who owns it, there will be no franchise without a franchise owner, and no players without a franchise.

Who would any of these players be without the franchise? The owners would still be mostly rich white guys.

lefty
10-30-2011, 02:30 AM
That's what Stern gets for overpromoting today's "superstars"

MJ, Magic, Larry, etc had to work hard to earn their God like status

Today, NBA players think they are all that and therefore deserve more $$$$

Fuck them

Dex
10-30-2011, 03:08 AM

Fuck them

Case in point, Lebron appointing himself as The King out of high school, still hasn't won jack....

DMC
10-30-2011, 03:50 PM
Case in point, Lebron appointing himself as The King out of high school, still hasn't won jack....
And Rose saying rookies should get big money right out of college.

It's not their faults. It really has to come down to the fans, because we are the ones who boost people like Griffin and James over proven performers, mostly because they are exciting to watch.

It's not about winning anymore. It's about being interesting. The Suns proved that with their up tempo offense. It was probably the most entertaining thing to watch, even if it didn't get them a ring. It is a show after all. Purists won't like it, but tough shit.

Red Hawk #21
10-30-2011, 04:06 PM

Fuck them

The Goods^^^

Spurs9
10-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Owners are right. If the owners have been losing 600 million the last two season, they aren't going to keep losing. Its a business, they aren't backing all those funds just to be good to society with the game of basketball. The players are already extremly highly paid, there are tons of other talent out there I'm sure that could play in the NBA for a much less price. Most of the player union bitching about percentages are some of the highest paid, and already have tons of money in the bank from previous sesons (KG, Kobe, Fisher etc). If they are going to be greedy bastards let them cancel the entire season. I bet the majority of the players in the NBA would be fine with what the owners will willing to do, its the small portion of the players making the decision that are screwing everyone over.

ElNono
10-30-2011, 08:33 PM
The players are already extremly highly paid, there are tons of other talent out there I'm sure that could play in the NBA for a much less price.

Like who?

The league should take a solid look in the mirror too, because they've been pumping superstar over team for many, many years. They're part of the reason why a guy like Lebron could go out there and pull off that "The Decision" circus show.