PDA

View Full Version : My NBA Holloween Special

Koolaid_Man
10-29-2011, 04:18 PM
just thought I'd post one of the NBA's greatest moments...finally for a change...something MJ and Timmy have in common...:lol

it's on and cracking tonite...:lol

MJ gets blocked 4 fucking times by the same dude

ni7t4swtdYw

Timmy gets blocked 3 times by the same cat

mrfElBT_BOY

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
10-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Too bad you never saw Wilt Chamberlain play. I saw many times where he blocked the same guy 3 times in one sequence. Officially, Chamberlain has 0 blocked shots in his career, they didn't record them until after he left the NBA. If they had, he would probably be number 1 on the all time "Triple Double" list instead of sitting smugly at #4. Dude was athletic unlike no other since. His main game was track and field, and you have to be in shape for that sport.

pass1st
10-29-2011, 04:34 PM
RIP Lewis
RIP Bias

Those two together were all that would have challenged the 90s Bulls.

Giuseppe
10-29-2011, 04:35 PM
^The Celtics had that comin'.

Koolaid_Man
10-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Too bad you never saw Wilt Chamberlain play. I saw many times where he blocked the same guy 3 times in one sequence. Officially, Chamberlain has 0 blocked shots in his career, they didn't record them until after he left the NBA. If they had, he would probably be number 1 on the all time "Triple Double" list instead of sitting smugly at #4. Dude was athletic unlike no other since. His main game was track and field, and you have to be in shape for that sport.

yep too bad I didn't get to see Wilt...but he's with me in Spirit...ever since the 20k claim he's been my quiet mentor and hero...:lol

Don't know why they did him that way and didn't record his stats ...I hate to bring this up but I do wonder because of his freak of nature abilities at that time if there was a conspiracy against him to keep " the black man down"...

He was the first Shaq

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
10-29-2011, 04:39 PM
^The Celtics had that comin'.
Some say Red Auerbach sold his soul to the devil for the 50's on. Lucifer called his chips in right after #16 in 1986, Bias was gone days later. 1 for 25 in the finals since, with 2 losses added in, and 9 seasons missing the playoffs. Red never saw a ring again, he died before KG and Allen were sent to Boston.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
10-29-2011, 04:45 PM
yep too bad I didn't get to see Wilt...but he's with me in Spirit...ever since the 20k claim he's been my quiet mentor and hero...:lol

Don't know why they did him that way and didn't record his stats ...I hate to bring this up but I do wonder because of his freak of nature abilities at that time if there was a conspiracy against him to keep " the black man down"...

He was the first Shaq
Wilt is underestimated a lot, and his stock is falling. I saw one recent top 10 list where he was down to number 6. Your top 3 all time in no order is Wilt, Kareem, and MJ, and no one else comes close. I would say it's like this. Compare those 3 to your last 3 Playmates of the year, the rest would never see print. Sure, you would fuck all of those girls, but the top 3 are untouchable by the rest.

Wilt's biggest problem that kept him from winning was he rarely had good teammates, or even good coaches. He had his way offensively versus Russell, but Bill always had teams to deep for him. Hard to believe a man in such good physical shape died so young, it's 12 years now.

Koolaid_Man
10-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Some say Red Auerbach sold his soul to the devil for the 50's on. Lucifer called his chips in right after #16 in 1986, Bias was gone days later. 1 for 25 in the finals since, with 2 losses added in, and 9 seasons missing the playoffs. Red never saw a ring again, he died before KG and Allen were sent to Boston.

and by all account what a tragedy that was...KG, Allen, Pierce + 1 ring...

If Kobe had his Ariza and Bynum in 08 we run the table on Boston

Koolaid_Man
10-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Wilt is underestimated a lot, and his stock is falling. I saw one recent top 10 list where he was down to number 6. Your top 3 all time in no order is Wilt, Kareem, and MJ, and no one else comes close. I would say it's like this. Compare those 3 to your last 3 Playmates of the year, the rest would never see print. Sure, you would fuck all of those girls, but the top 3 are untouchable by the rest.

Wilt's biggest problem that kept him from winning was he rarely had good teammates, or even good coaches. He had his way offensively versus Russell, but Bill always had teams to deep for him. Hard to believe a man in such good physical shape died so young, it's 12 years now.

I would disagree with you on them 3 being the best...the only reason is that I beleive ( as Hakeem stated so eloquently) the 2 guard position is the toughest and most physically demanding to play. The reason I have a hard time giving full credit to big men is because they don't have to do much except establish low position and demand the ball. If they're good they'll try to play defense. The 2 guard has to bring the ball up in alot of cases, setup teammates, score from the post and the wing, fight on and off the ball, defend the best perimeters players at the 1 and 2 spots and sometimes the post at the 3 spot...it's not as cut and dry...by all accounts we'd have to put Malone in the top 3 based on his stats...now you can't be sitting at 33 and 22 all-time as a big man and be anywhere near the top 10. But for now for me it;s

1. Magic
2. MJ
3. Kareem
4. Wilt
5. Kobe

Once Kobe rings one more we reshuffle the deck:

1. Magic
2. MJ
3. Kobe
4. Kareem
5. Wilt

If Kobe finishes with 7 rings then it's:

1 Kobe
2. Magic
3. MJ
4. Kareem
5. Wilt

that's the best I can do :lol

Koolaid_Man
10-29-2011, 05:03 PM
and yes I know Magic played point but that's not the point

Jodelo
10-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Once Kobe rings one more

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
10-29-2011, 05:10 PM
I would disagree with you on them 3 being the best...the only reason is that I beleive ( as Hakeem stated so eloquently) the 2 guard position is the toughest and most physically demanding to play. The reason I have a hard time giving full credit to big men is because they don't have to do much except establish low position and demand the ball. If they're good they'll try to play defense. The 2 guard has to bring the ball up in alot of cases, setup teammates, score from the post and the wing, fight on and off the ball, defend the best perimeters players at the 1 and 2 spots and sometimes the post at the 3 spot...it's not as cut and dry...by all accounts we'd have to put Malone in the top 3 based on his stats...now you can't be sitting at 33 and 22 all-time as a big man and be anywhere near the top 10. But for now for me it;s

1. Magic
2. MJ
3. Kareem
4. Wilt
5. Kobe

Once Kobe rings one more we reshuffle the deck:

1. Magic
2. MJ
3. Kobe
4. Kareem
5. Wilt

If Kobe finishes with 7 rings then it's:

1 Kobe
2. Magic
3. MJ
4. Kareem
5. Wilt

that's the best I can do :lol
Well, my opinion still shifts towards favoring the big man. That's me, set in my ways. A lot of old schoolers agree with me. MJ was good enough to crash the party that Wilt and Kareem solidified at the top. Still at this rate, Wilt won't even be top 10 in a few years, and Russell will end up being number 1. I've seen some polls that already have him as best center of all time, all because of the rings Auerbach and his stacked teams won for him. Bill Russell is the biggest sidekick in NBA championship history. If Kobe's critics take away from him because Shaq was the main option, ask them this. How many times was Russell the main option? Answer is never. Heck, the more I think about it, Bill Russell isn't even top 50 all time NBA. He would just be another player today in the NBA while any other all time great could dominate in any era.

Koolaid_Man
10-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Well, my opinion still shifts towards favoring the big man. That's me, set in my ways. A lot of old schoolers agree with me. MJ was good enough to crash the party that Wilt and Kareem solidified at the top. Still at this rate, Wilt won't even be top 10 in a few years, and Russell will end up being number 1. I've seen some polls that already have him as best center of all time, all because of the rings Auerbach and his stacked teams won for him. Bill Russell is the biggest sidekick in NBA championship history. If Kobe's critics take away from him because Shaq was the main option, ask them this. How many times was Russell the main option? Answer is never. Heck, the more I think about it, Bill Russell isn't even top 50 all time NBA. He would just be another player today in the NBA while any other all time great could dominate in any era.

you have some good points but you're taking this Russell hate too far...Russell was Wilt's main competition from the highlights I've seen he looked pretty good...I think Wilt was better though...but I have a hard time believing that you wouldn't put Bill in top 50..was he really that bad? Maybe he was I wasn't even a thought in my daddy's wet dream back then so I'm not an expert on this.

I think Bill gets a lot of press because of what he endured as a black man in the league at the time. Everyone knows that those 8 titles wouldn't pass the smell test in today's league and if Kobe gets us 1 past Boston he deserves top billing...simply for the historical ramifications and ensuing emotional carnage it would inflict...

DMC
10-29-2011, 06:26 PM
aNihkeTdUkA

NRHector
10-29-2011, 06:42 PM
aNihkeTdUkA:rollin

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
10-29-2011, 06:53 PM
you have some good points but you're taking this Russell hate too far...Russell was Wilt's main competition from the highlights I've seen he looked pretty good...I think Wilt was better though...but I have a hard time believing that you wouldn't put Bill in top 50..was he really that bad? Maybe he was I wasn't even a thought in my daddy's wet dream back then so I'm not an expert on this.

I think Bill gets a lot of press because of what he endured as a black man in the league at the time. Everyone knows that those 8 titles wouldn't pass the smell test in today's league and if Kobe gets us 1 past Boston he deserves top billing...simply for the historical ramifications and ensuing emotional carnage it would inflict...
Bill wasn't even considered Boston's best player, the town was racist and preferred Cousy. Besides, Cousy had been around for years and was entertaining to watch. You have to realize, offense was the selling point of the NBA back then, and the Celtics scored a lot of points. Russell would get the rebound and get the ball to Cousy, who ran the floor with 3 other small quick guys. People who criticize Wilt say he had a huge height advantage, well, Russell had it at least even on offense in most cases, and he still couldn't score. Look at George Mikan, one time GOAT. Barely shot 40% in his career with even bigger advantages. Now, he's probably not even top 50. anyway, after Bill retired, gradually the Celtics, Boston, and the rest the world warmed up to him and made him to be larger than life, all because of past prejudice and those 11 rings. Remember, Boston was getting to the ECF when Mikan was still around, with a back court of Cousy and Sharman. when they added Russell and Heinsohn in 1956-57 no team was as deep. and they kept drafting smart, and got deeper. Bill Russell was not the only reason for those titles.Remember Boston wasn't known for defense really until the 80's with that front line they had.

Russell today wouldn't even be as good as Joakim Noah of the Bulls. His rebounding advantages he had in his day would be largely nullified due to the opposing front courts. Remember, in Bill's day, most forwards were around 6"4", or a bit taller. Guards were 6"1" or so. I'm not going to convince the world of the truth, but who really cares?

As far as Kobe goes, I saw one recent poll that had him #8 with Shaq #9, and Tim #10. Like past top 10 players before them they will all have trouble staying there when new talent develops. If Kobe rings again, he will go higher, but let's not take him too high. But then again, who knows what future opinions will be, and how they form.

Baron Davιs
10-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Another thing Timmy and Michael share in common: never losing on the biggest stage.

Unfortunately Bean has lost in the finals TWICE.

before you spew the 5>4.

Remember Michael's SIX.

DMC
10-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Hmmm...

Naggers?
No, but that last kid was and that's why I want a divorce.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
10-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Another thing Timmy and Michael share in common: never losing on the biggest stage.

Unfortunately Bean has lost in the finals TWICE.

before you spew the 5>4.

Remember Michael's SIX.
This is flawed logic, using selected statistics to make a point. Let's play a bit and see what we can come up with:

MJ made it to the finals 6 times in 15 seasons
Tim made it to the finals 4 times in 14 seasons
Kobe made it to the finals 7 times in 15 seasons.

Here Kobe is in first place for finals appearances.

--------------------------------------------------

another way to put it is thusly, also misusing statistics:

MJ didn't win a championship 9 of 15 seasons.
Tim didn't win a championship 10 of 14 seasons
Kobe didn't win a championship 10 of 15 seasons

Now, Kobe is in last place for percentage of seasons played to not winning championships

Which can in turn be changed to

MJ didn't make finals 9 of 15 seasons
Tim didn't make finals in 10 of 14 seasons.
Kobe didn't make finals in 8 of 15 seasons.

Now Kobe is back on top.

MJ had 3 first round playoff losses, as did Tim's team, but toss out 2000 when Tim was injured. Kobe only had 2 seasons with a first round loss, and one of them, he had no business being up 3-1, Phoenix should have won that in 5, as they did the following year. Credit Kobe for getting the Lakers the lead.

More iterations can be made until it is shown MJ missed the playoffs twice, Kobe once, and Tim never. Then Tim is on top and MJ is last.

So, there is no way to rank these guys fairly it seems, someone can always pick the statistic that suits them best.

ElNono
10-29-2011, 08:38 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KxKAU43SzxE/SMGwiop-vhI/AAAAAAAABZU/Ln-kQXUdDj8/s400/basketballchimp.jpg

Giuseppe
10-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Another thing Timmy

Kobe: 5

tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

DMC
10-29-2011, 09:42 PM
This is flawed logic, using selected statistics to make a point. Let's play a bit and see what we can come up with:

MJ made it to the finals 6 times in 15 seasons
Tim made it to the finals 4 times in 14 seasons
Kobe made it to the finals 7 times in 15 seasons.

Here Kobe is in first place for finals appearances.

another way to put it is thusly, also misusing statistics:

MJ didn't win a championship 9 of 15 seasons.
Tim didn't win a championship 10 of 14 seasons
Kobe didn't win a championship 10 of 15 seasons

Now, Kobe is in last place for percentage of seasons played to not winning championships

Which can in turn be changed to

MJ didn't make finals 9 of 15 seasons
Tim didn't make finals in 10 of 14 seasons.
Kobe didn't make finals in 8 of 15 seasons.

Now Kobe is back on top.

MJ had 3 first round playoff losses, as did Tim's team, but toss out 2000 when Tim was injured. Kobe only had 2 seasons with a first round loss, and one of them, he had no business being up 3-1, Phoenix should have won that in 5, as they did the following year. Credit Kobe for getting the Lakers the lead.

More iterations can be made until it is shown MJ missed the playoffs twice, Kobe once, and Tim never. Then Tim is on top and MJ is last.

So, there is no way to rank these guys fairly it seems, someone can always pick the statistic that suits them best.
Making the Finals? No one gives a shit about that, otherwise Lebron has 2 already and I, for one, am not ready to give him that as a "near ring" credit.

mavs>spurs
10-29-2011, 09:47 PM
TESTING: Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Barack Obama is a Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-29-2011, 09:48 PM
:lmao

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
10-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Making the Finals? No one gives a shit about that, otherwise Lebron has 2 already and I, for one, am not ready to give him that as a "near ring" credit.
Of course they give a shit about qualifying for the finals, you can't win the NBA championship if you don't get there. Let's play some hypotheticals. Kobe's team beat Tim's twice in seasons he lost the finals, 2004 and 2008. Pistons and Celtics of those years can argue they beat the Lakers, therefore they would have beat the Spurs had they made it. The difference here is now Kobe is undefeated in the finals, but Tim isn't yet he has more finals appearances, plus his Spurs are up 4-2 on the Lakers instead of the other way around. Just one championship fewer. The latter becomes a whole new argument to boost Tim over Kobe. The Kobe had Shaq wrinkle doesn't really make logical sense because Bryant and Duncan play different positions. One can just as easily say Tim had a bunch of small guys that were good that he couldn't win without.

MJ never won a playoff game against the Celtics, one reason he has only 6 finals appearances. The Bad Boy Pistons are another hurdle he had to get by, the Celtics faded quickly after MJ's last series with them. Using LeBron in your example makes no sense because he never rang. So, I'll use another all time great, Dr. J. He lost his first 3 finals appearances yet his Sixers owned the Celtics; both the Havlicek/Cowens/White and early Larry Bird teams. Bird needed Dennis Johnson to get over the Sixers, who imploded after their one title in 1983. Dr. J's legacy is secure.

Go back and read my post, all I'm saying is, one can manipulate statistics to make a point, and either MJ, Kobe, or Tim can come out ahead, or last, depending on which stat you select.

DMC
10-29-2011, 10:40 PM
Of course they give a shit about qualifying for the finals, you can't win the NBA championship if you don't get there. Let's play some hypotheticals. Kobe's team beat Tim's twice in seasons he lost the finals, 2004 and 2008. Pistons and Celtics of those years can argue they beat the Lakers, therefore they would have beat the Spurs had they made it. The difference here is now Kobe is undefeated in the finals, but Tim isn't yet he has more finals appearances, plus his Spurs are up 4-2 on the Lakers instead of the other way around. Just one championship fewer. The latter becomes a whole new argument to boost Tim over Kobe. The Kobe had Shaq wrinkle doesn't really make logical sense because Bryant and Duncan play different positions. One can just as easily say Tim had a bunch of small guys that were good that he couldn't win without.

MJ never won a playoff game against the Celtics, one reason he has only 6 finals appearances. The Bad Boy Pistons are another hurdle he had to get by, the Celtics faded quickly after MJ's last series with them. Using LeBron in your example makes no sense because he never rang. So, I'll use another all time great, Dr. J. He lost his first 3 finals appearances yet his Sixers owned the Celtics; both the Havlicek/Cowens/White and early Larry Bird teams. Bird needed Dennis Johnson to get over the Sixers, who imploded after their one title in 1983. Dr. J's legacy is secure.

Go back and read my post, all I'm saying is, one can manipulate statistics to make a point, and either MJ, Kobe, or Tim can come out ahead, or last, depending on which stat you select.
You can cherry pick stats to support a point. I agree.

The "greatness" of a player is a nebulous thing. We can tell the difference between a Kobe and a Sasha, but we cannot capture the difference between them except in stats (and on film of course).

We could use stats to show any player is better than another player at something. If that something was our "thing", we would probably hold onto it like Culby does the 5/4 thing.

Giuseppe
10-29-2011, 11:30 PM
^You held on to 4-3 Duncan.

It's only right & proper that I hold on to 5-4 Kobe.

BlackSwordsMan
10-29-2011, 11:33 PM
bend over and I'll dress you as a scarecrow
teehee

midnightpulp
10-29-2011, 11:36 PM
Lol "Holloween."

DMC
10-30-2011, 12:56 AM
^You held on to 4-3 Duncan.

It's only right & proper that I hold on to 5-4 Kobe.

Show me where I ever boasted about 4 -3 or say you are generalizing.

DMC
10-30-2011, 12:59 AM
http://i2.ytimg.com/u/izAp3LlFXQj8_pKaf2Geiw/profile_header.jpg

Giuseppe
10-30-2011, 03:20 AM
Show me where I ever boasted about 4 -3 or say you are generalizing.

I was generalizing.

Giuseppe
10-30-2011, 03:21 AM
bend over and I'll dress you as a scarecrow
teehee

Welcome back, angel.

LkrFan
10-30-2011, 06:24 AM
aNihkeTdUkA

DMC

:lmao

Killakobe81
10-30-2011, 10:45 AM

Tom me rings only matter when the players are close. By no measure are Wilt and Russell or BR and MJ close. BR was rebounding and shotblocking fiend from what I hear, but his scoring and FG% were good but no where near Hakeem, Kareem or Wilt.

Leetonidas
10-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Kobe a top 5 player all-time.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Leetonidas
10-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Magic ahead of Jordan with Kobe surpassing MJ when he ties him in rings.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Baron Davιs
10-30-2011, 08:45 PM
Kobe: 5

tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

http://adriandayton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/michael_jordan_trophy_rings.jpg

Venti Quattro
10-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Jesus fucking Christ what happened to our educational system.

Venti Quattro
10-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Well if it isnt King House Negro himself.

What's up Naruto? Have you settled your debts already? Have you stopped muddling through life and have found a sense of direction?

Giuseppe
10-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Well if it isnt King House Negro himself.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

ElNono
10-30-2011, 10:08 PM
What's up Naruto? Have you settled your debts already? Have you stopped muddling through life and have found a sense of direction?

Venti

Quattro

Giuseppe
10-30-2011, 10:15 PM
^I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

ElNono
10-30-2011, 10:36 PM
^bend over, I'll give.... never mind