PDA

View Full Version : Ever get the feeling Rick Perry doesn't really want to be president?

scott
10-30-2011, 01:56 PM
Perry acknowledges that wealthier Americans will benefit most from his “great” tax plan — and says that’s good for jobs

http://blog.chron.com/rickperry/2011/10/perry-acknowledges-that-wealthier-americans-will-benefit-most-from-his-great-tax-plan-and-says-thats-a-very-good-thing/

The headline isn't the good part. Click and enjoy.

scott
10-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Perry seemed taken aback when Wallace told him that 2.5 million new jobs he’s promising to create isn’t even enough new jobs to keep up with the country’s population growth.

“I don’t believe that for a minute,” the candidate told his Fox interviewer. “That is absolutely false on its face.”

After Americans get to know the details and impact of his proposal, Perry says he’s confident that they will conclude “that’s a great plan.”

LnGrrrR
10-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Hey Scott, offtangent, but nice bar you have there :)

LnGrrrR
10-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Now ontopic, why are people still pimping trickle down? I mean, what the fuck? Sure they are "job creators"... For most of Asia.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-30-2011, 01:59 PM
I've had this feeling from day 1. It seems like he cares more about sabotaging Mitt Romney's campaign than he does about being president.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Now ontopic, why are people still pimping trickle down? I mean, what the fuck? Sure they are "job creators"... For most of Asia.
Because people in this country are retarded and don't learn from history. There's more than enough evidence out there that shows how flawed trickle down is.

Trainwreck2100
10-30-2011, 02:12 PM
lol trickle down rely's on "job creators" caring about their country and not themselves

baseline bum
10-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Wouldn't he still do the debates then if he really didn't want to be president?

Agloco
10-30-2011, 02:32 PM
lol trickle down rely's on "job creators" caring about their country and not themselves

Drachen
10-30-2011, 02:44 PM
50%? FIFTY PERCENT. I just told my wife that I think that his campaign is being run by Ann Richards in disguise.

baseline bum
10-30-2011, 03:08 PM
50%? FIFTY PERCENT. I just told my wife that I think that his campaign is being run by Ann Richards in disguise.

Makes sense, since the state is being run right now as if she was currently in charge.

Drachen
10-30-2011, 03:10 PM
ya think?

baseline bum
10-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I'd put his decision making on par with (or maybe a little lower than) a dead woman.

Drachen
10-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I'd put his decision making on par with (or maybe a little lower than) a dead woman.

you are welcome for the set up... Lol

scott
10-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Hey Scott, offtangent, but nice bar you have there :)

Gracias!

DMC
10-30-2011, 04:11 PM
I would guess Clayton Williams.

boutons_deux
10-30-2011, 08:19 PM
JimmyRicky knockin' 'em dead in NH

Quote of the Day: Rick Perry's Maple Syrup Moment

This is such a cool state. I mean, come on, "Live free or die"? You gotta love that, right? I come from a state where they had this little place called the Alamo, and they declared "Victory or death." You know, we're kinda into those slogans, man, it's like "Live free or die," "Victory or death," bring it!

Okey dokey. I guess that's what it takes when the local polls have you tied for sixth with Michele Bachmann at 3.3%.

http://motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2011/10/quote-day-rick-perrys-maple-syrup-moment

ChuckD
10-30-2011, 08:40 PM
He seems to be sabotaging himself, at least subconsciously. That quote in the debate about the Gardasil thing, where he said it was a $5K contribution, and he was incensed that anyone would think he was for sale for $5K just BEGS the question of how much would it take to buy him.

scott
10-30-2011, 09:00 PM
He seems to be sabotaging himself, at least subconsciously. That quote in the debate about the Gardasil thing, where he said it was a $5K contribution, and he was incensed that anyone would think he was for sale for $5K just BEGS the question of how much would it take to buy him.

Man walks up to an attractive young woman and asks if she'd sleep with him for $10 million. She thinks about it only a few seconds and enthusiastically says yes. "What about for a dollar?" the man asks. Appauld, the young woman says "What kind of girl do you think I am!?!" The man retorts, "We already know what kind of woman you are, now we are just negotiating."