PDA

View Full Version : The 2nd Quarter Was Key....

silverandblackreign
06-15-2005, 12:20 PM
In my opinion, it was the 2nd quarter which defined the game for the Spurs. With a neck-and-neck game, and the Pistons not able to hit on anything - the Spurs proceeded to join the club and miss everything under the sun. It is during those moments when SA needs to take advantage and build the lead, take the crowd out, gain and maintain confidence etc...Detroit goes up by like seven eventually, only for SA to come back and hold the halftime lead by 1. However; just imagine if we could have hit shots and taken a double digit lead into the half. I would LOVE to see more of a killer instinct from these men....Just my opinion though.....

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 12:27 PM
The first 5 mins of every quarter were HORRIBLE for the Spurs. That is 20 mins of the game that they scored something like 23 pts.

They need to start out strong in each quarter.

The steal and basket by Wallace in 1st few secs of the game was an omen and I had a foreboding feeling of doom.

silverandblackreign
06-15-2005, 12:29 PM
I agree totally Jim - its just that stretch in the 2nd that really stood out to me. When the other team cant hit from the field - we need to really lay it on them, instead of joining them.....