PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I Missed It But: Manus Excuse?

PM5K
06-15-2005, 01:50 PM
So I watched the game last night, Manu got a knee to the thigh which I've had before, they hurt like hell initially but don't hurt as badly once you run on them for a while, the next morning your leg won't even move, with the training staff and equipment/knowledge they have you'd think he would be ready to go for the next game without any major issues.

He played last night and seemed to run well but for whatever reason only took six shots, even if he made them all he'd only have 12 points.

Why wasn't Manu shooting?

I really feel that in the past Manu would defer to other players, especially Tim Duncan but I thought he finally figured out he could dominate a game with the best of them, he was shooting well, and even when he takes more shots Tim still gets his rebounds, blocks, and points although more of them are off of missed shots.

Maybe I under analyze everything but what I usually see when the Spurs play well is Tony trying to penetrate, when it's there he takes advantage of it, when it's not Manu forces opportunities that for most people aren't even there, if he misses we have two of the best offensive rebounders in the game with Tim and Nazr, and if Manu doesn't shoot well we go into Tim for what would be considered more of a sure thing, although the way Manu had played it's hard to say who really was the sure thing, but none of that happened last night because Manu kept passing the ball.

WHEN THE HELL DID MANU BECOME BRENT BARRY with the pass and run out of the way move?

Why didn't he shoot the rock more?

sa_butta
06-15-2005, 01:59 PM
He only took like six shots, maybe the injury really did affect him, but Manu is a champ he will be back for game 4 and I know he will be better.

Chris4
06-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Do me a favor and take a look at the replay and tell me if Manu is not using his off arm, like he is so accustomed to using, to fend Tayshaun off. With all the flailing that this guy does, an injury was on the horizon.

PM5K
I'm not worried about him in game four, or anyone for that matter and I expect a win.

I posted this because we could have won game three and I want to know why he didn't shoot the rock.

He seemed to move well to me when he was out there, and if you can't be you why play?

fraga
Well...after a while...none of his shots were falling...so I guess he just figured why take them if they're not going down...but I was a little concerned why he was on the bench for SOOOOOOOOOOOO long in the 4rth...

sa_butta
06-15-2005, 02:01 PM
Do me a favor and take a look at the replay and tell me if Manu is not using his off arm, like he is so accustomed to using, to fend Tayshaun off. With all the flailing that this guy does, an injury was on the horizon.Who doesnt do that in the NBA?

PM5K
06-15-2005, 02:01 PM
I don't buy that, at one point he was two for five which isn't THAT bad, make the next one and you are at 50% and he was at 50% from the three point line...

nkdlunch
06-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Do me a favor and take a look at the replay and tell me if Manu is not using his off arm, like he is so accustomed to using, to fend Tayshaun off. With all the flailing that this guy does, an injury was on the horizon.

Do me a favor and look at all Pistons replays, they all do that :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
06-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Do me a favor and look at all Pistons replays, they all do that

Especially Rip. But Bowen doesn't complain, so Pistons fans shouldn't complain about Manu. It goes both ways.

ALVAREZ6
06-15-2005, 02:06 PM
http://www.spursteam.com/photos/spurs/050614/050614_12.jpg

The Pistons do it even when they're defending the player with the ball, and still no call. :rolleyes

fraga
06-15-2005, 02:09 PM
^^ busted ^^

thispego
06-15-2005, 02:14 PM
pistons get all the steals and broken passes because theyre allowed to do this shit after a full week of whining like bitches!

Lonestar
06-15-2005, 02:14 PM
I don't feel like the Spurs did alot of the thing's they've been doing. Can someone tell me why...
Why weren't the Spurs pushing the ball up the floor like they had been? Why were they playing in a half court set and giving Detroit so much time to set up their defense? Why wasn't Pop out of his chair at all in the 4th waving his hands and yelling push it as he has been doing since the Seattle series? Why did the team appear to concede the game halfway through the 3rd? Why wasn't Pop chewing some asses and trying to motivate his folks? I don't know the answers to these questions but I sure didn't feel like the Spurs even attempted to adjust during this game. Maybe some of you can tell me why.

I didn't think that the Pistons were doing anything that wasn't expected since the beginning of the series but it seemed to me that the Spurs went away from many of the things that had been working for them. From Manu taking shots to Tony pushing the ball to Pop calling timely timeouts.

sa_butta
06-15-2005, 02:18 PM
Here is one way to get around the defender...

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050613/capt.saa14206130353.nba_finals_saa142.jpg

Chris4
06-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Well then, by that illustration, Bruce must have a thing for men.

ALVAREZ6
06-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Well then, by that illustration, Bruce must have a thing for men.
If you scroll up a tad further, then I guess Rip does too.

Chris4
06-15-2005, 02:35 PM
Wrong. I'm referring to Bruce trying to cop a feel off Rip.

texbumTHElife
06-15-2005, 02:36 PM
The people complaining about how many shots Manu took need to look at how many shots he took in game 2. The guy just had an off night people. For as much as he has carried this team at times this off season the guy was bound to have an off game at some point. Tim Duncan is the one who should have picked up the slack for a slumping Manu. Instead he went into his shell and just played really weak.

This team as a whole got totally busted. They were out played, out smarter, out hustled and out worked on both ends of the floor when the game was on the line. Sounds a lot like game one of the Denver series, game three of the Seattle series and game four of the Phoenix series doesnt it. Well we all know how those turned out.

Spurs in 5.

ALVAREZ6
06-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Wrong. I'm referring to Bruce trying to cop a feel off Rip.
I know you are, but what about Rip grabbing Manu's upper arm/shoulder?

Chris4
06-15-2005, 02:44 PM
What about it

fraga
06-15-2005, 02:48 PM
He likes arm....

ALVAREZ6
06-15-2005, 02:50 PM
What about it
What about bruce's body on rips?

Lonestar
06-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Sounds a lot like game one of the Denver series, game three of the Seattle series and game four of the Phoenix series doesnt it. Well we all know how those turned out.

Spurs in 5.

You're absolutely right. I don't know why this happens but I hope that's the last we see of it. I just want the Spurs to close this thing out!! I've got yard work to do!

PM5K
06-15-2005, 05:39 PM
The people complaining about how many shots Manu took need to look at how many shots he took in game 2.

In game two he went something like 11 of 13 from the line because he was driving in and getting fouled, he was being aggressive and when you drive in and get fouled it doesn't count as a shot attempt.

He wasn't shooting or driving to the basket...

Sense
06-15-2005, 05:45 PM
What about bruce's body on rips?

He's trying to say that Bruce was trying to get his balls....

Obviously he wasn't, his feet weren't positioned and Rip was pushing him so he was trying to grab off the fucker too...

E20
06-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Didn't Manu say he had no excuse for playing so badly?