PDA

View Full Version : manu getting some recognition

sananspursfan21
11-02-2011, 08:41 AM
one of those espn insider deals asks who the next ginobili will be... pretty cool, its about time he gets recognized by espn cuz i think they just now figured out who he is. they're also saying that james harden is the next gino. i think its pretty cool cuz you never hear spurs player comparisons

Giuseppe
11-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Hell, it's been like 3 years since even Manu was Manu. The last 2 playoff sessions (The Skunker & 8) don't serve the guy too well.

y2kbug
11-02-2011, 09:49 AM
That's cool, he deserves recognition. I wouldn't say Harden is the next Manu but there was a game in Harden's rookie year where he took it to Manu and windmill dunked really unrookie like and unlike any other rookie that plays against Manu. My vote would go for Greivis Vasquez, he's a really poor man's Manu but could get a bit better.

Juggity
11-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Hell, it's been like 3 years since even Manu was Manu. The last 2 playoff sessions (The Skunker & 8) don't serve the guy too well.

From what I understand, he won about the same number of second round games as Kobe in 2011

Giuseppe
11-02-2011, 03:02 PM
From what I understand, he won about the same number of second round games as Kobe in 2011

After The Skunker, 8 should not be a bragging point, Jugs.

spurs10
11-02-2011, 03:33 PM
In 8 he played better than most anybody on either team with a broken arm. In the skunker he didn't play at all. That was your boys, right? Was that some kind of record for a defending champ to get beat that badly. I forget how many points The Mavs beat you by, but it was a few if I remember correctly.

Giuseppe
11-02-2011, 03:47 PM
In 8 he played better than most anybody on either team with a broken arm. In the skunker he didn't play at all. That was your boys, right?

No. You have possession of The Skunker.

& his "broken arm" is part & parcel of his baggage now. His body can't cut the mustard no more. He's compromised. Only the memories remain.

spurs10
11-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Sorry, I thought The Skunker was the defending champs getting murdered by the German guy and that little person. What was the score of that last game your boys played?............................God are we bored or what??!!

Giuseppe
11-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Sorry, I thought The Skunker was the defending champs getting murdered by the German guy and that little person.

You're mistaken. The Skunker is all yours.

Hooks
11-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Manu is a unique type of player, I doubt there will ever be another player like him. He deserves a lot of recognition considering he lead the spurs to a 60 win season as the #1 option.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-02-2011, 04:47 PM
"There will be 10 more Dwyane Wades before there will be another Manu Ginobili"

- Bill Simmons

Giuseppe
11-02-2011, 05:07 PM
The sad part is:::he's just a shell now of what he used to be. It's all symbolism now with Manu. The substance is gone forever.

Dex
11-02-2011, 06:11 PM
The sad part is:::he's just a shell now of what he used to be. It's all symbolism now with Manu. The substance is gone forever.

Just like Bean is going to be henceforth.

LOL magical German surgery

We're all getting older every day. Despite your "that's the good thing about daycare boys....I get older, they stay the same age" attitude.

Giuseppe
11-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Just like Bean is going to be henceforth.

Perhaps, but, Bryant has 5 rings. Your boys only have 4.

Tougheth lucketh.

Dex
11-02-2011, 06:51 PM
:lol Sometimes I feel like responding to you is like shaking a Magic 8-ball....

Proxy
11-03-2011, 02:45 AM

Did you watch last season, old man? You need glasses?

Giuseppe
11-03-2011, 03:55 AM
Did you watch last season, old man? You need glasses?

Yeah, Manu looked puny & confounded Vs. Memphis.

G-Dawgg
11-03-2011, 02:43 PM
You're mistaken. The Skunker is all yours.

How do the defending champs get swept....you'd think they'd at least have enough pride as the defending champions to at least win one game or at the very least not get blown out in the 4th game of the series.....

...nothing the spurs have done is nearly as embarassing than that. Period

DMC
11-03-2011, 04:48 PM
"There will be 10 more Dwyane Wades before there will be another Manu Ginobili"

- Bill Simmons

Translation:

"There will be 10 more black guys who play as well as Wade before there will be another white guy who plays as well as Ginobili".

Giuseppe
11-03-2011, 04:54 PM
How do the defending champs get swept....you'd think they'd at least have enough pride as the defending champions to at least win one game or at the very least not get blown out in the 4th game of the series.....

...nothing the spurs have done is nearly as embarassing than that. Period

The Skunker followed consecutively by 8 is worse than an NBA Title followed by a sweep.

C'mon, now, act like somebody.

ALVAREZ6
11-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Translation:

"There will be 10 more black guys who play as well as Wade before there will be another white guy who plays as well as Ginobili".

Although you can make a case for that statement, I think it's somewhat accurate, at least the general idea. Dwayne Wade is the player he is because of his overwhelming athletic ability, much like James and Rose. He's 6'4", jacked, and more explosive, quick, and higher jumping than most players. And he's got a nice mid range game. You can make the same case with Derrick Rose. They're both a freak of nature, and as long as you are that athletic and develop some basketball skills you can make it professionally.

Manu's skill set is relatively unique. If you were to observe some of the top pick up courts in the country, you're not likely to find too many players mimicking Ginobili's style. The majority are probably emulating the other aforementioned players.

But I think both interpretations of the quote are accurate.