PDA

View Full Version : Popovich longest tenured coach in American sports

Dex
11-02-2011, 05:33 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/11/01/pop-stands-alone-in-terms-of-one-team-coaching-tenure/

The retirement of Tony LaRussa as the manager of the St. Louis Cardinals gives the Spurs coach a unique distinction among those directing professional sports teams. Popovich has more tenure with his team than any current coach in any of the four major North American sports.

Would be a lot more exciting news if he could actually be on the floor coaching his team right now.

stephen jackson
11-02-2011, 05:35 PM
good for pop

Giuseppe
11-02-2011, 05:58 PM
He's haunted & burdened by his own successes & machinations. Physically his team can't overcome it, & mentally he's a basket case. It's uncomfortable to watch.

lefty
11-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Great

More fucking Bonner

Oh yeah he should thank Duncan and Bowen for his long tenure

Now that Bruce is retired and that Timmy is an old tired shit bag, we can see how much Pop is overrated

Dex
11-02-2011, 06:03 PM
He's haunted & burdened by his own successes & machinations. Physically his team can't overcome it, & mentally he's a basket case. It's uncomfortable to watch.

Yes, that is obviously evidenced by his 4 championships and 13 straight playoff trips. :rolleyes

Don't worry, I got ya covered Culby...

*insert obligatory comments on 8 and the Skunker here*

Giuseppe
11-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Yes, that is obviously evidenced by his 4 championships and 13 straight playoff trips. :rolleyes

Don't worry, I got ya covered Culby...

*insert obligatory comments on 8 and the Skunker here*

Let us proceed...

SA210
11-03-2011, 01:24 AM
and biggest sellout

LkrFan
11-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Bonner for 3!! :rollin

Fireball
11-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Does anybody know of other professional coaches worldwide who currently have a longer tenure with their team? Only Sir Alex Ferguson from Manchester United comes to my mind - he is there since 1986.

DesignatedT
11-05-2011, 08:26 PM
goat

DMC
11-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Hardcore misread.

Pop is concerned about his wine crop, his family and he knows how fortunate he is to make millions coaching basketball.

He's got 4 rings under his belt.

He's got no such ghosts as you imply.

Silver&Black
11-05-2011, 10:03 PM

Wow.....just wow.

I wonder, have you ever said one thing even remotely positive about the Spurs organization. Popovich will be a 1st ballot HOF...no doubt about it.
On the very short list of G.O.A.T. (coaches)

I hate the freakin Lakers....but at least I have the intelligence to know that they've been a pretty good and/or great organization the past 10+ years. Bet I won't get that out of your mouth. Your the Laker fan who thinks every single game the Spurs won was because of the officials, cheating, or something along those lines.....:bang.

But enough of your sorry ass...congrats Pop....you deserve it. :toast

Giuseppe
11-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Your the Laker fan who thinks every single game the Spurs won was because of the officials, cheating, or something along those lines.

Never said such.

ChumpDumper
11-06-2011, 02:08 PM
lol haunted

duhoh
11-07-2011, 02:41 AM
Wow.....just wow.

I wonder, have you ever said one thing even remotely positive about the Spurs organization. Popovich will be a 1st ballot HOF...no doubt about it.
On the very short list of G.O.A.T. (coaches)

I hate the freakin Lakers....but at least I have the intelligence to know that they've been a pretty good and/or great organization the past 10+ years. Bet I won't get that out of your mouth. Your the Laker fan who thinks every single game the Spurs won was because of the officials, cheating, or something along those lines.....:bang.

But enough of your sorry ass...congrats Pop....you deserve it. :toast

welcome to the forums rookie.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Pop is a good coach. Hooray for Pop! :tu