PDA

View Full Version : Manu's injury

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 02:51 PM
I just heard on the radio sports news that the Spurs are concerned with Manu's leg and that it is worse than they first thought. If Manu's thigh bruise as bad as Shaq's, where he can not use his leg at all, or is just about worthless for driving or jumping off of it?

Anyone hear anything fin SA about this leg injury?

Can this be repeat of Detroit's sweep of Lakers in Finals when Magic hurt his leg and LA had no chance after he was injured?

Kori Ellis
06-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Read the thread with today's media session quotes. Both Pop and Manu say Manu is fine.

T Park
06-15-2005, 02:53 PM
just heard on the radio sports news

aka

I just pulled it out of my ass.

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Read the thread with today's media session quotes. Both Pop and Manu say Manu is fine.

Was this from earlier today?

Have they done some tests on the leg later in the day since then?

Why are they saying that it is worse than they thought just now???

Kori Ellis
06-15-2005, 02:54 PM

Why are they saying that it is worse than they thought just now???

Who is "they"? I would take Pop and Manu's word for it seeing as they said it after today's practice.

sa_butta
06-15-2005, 02:55 PM

Why are they saying that it is worse than they thought just now???Hook, line, and sinker. They gotcha listening.

SPARKY
Someone take jim out back and shoot him.

Jimcs50
aka

I just pulled it out of my ass.

TPark, STFU.

I have KZNE on all day long here and right now, I am listening to Dan Patrick, and every 20 mins or so, they have Sports News update, and on this last update, they just reported what I just asked about.

If you turn on your radio, you can here the same sports updates.

See for yourself.

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Someone take jim out back and shoot him.

Do you want to hear news about the Spurs as I hear it or not????

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Who is "they"? I would take Pop and Manu's word for it seeing as they said it after today's practice.

Dan Patrick sports updates.

Kori Ellis
06-15-2005, 02:58 PM
Q. How do you feel and are you going to be 100% for tomorrow?
MANU GINOBILI: Yeah, I will. I'm okay today. I'm going to be better tomorrow. So try to get ready, not only my body, but mentally, too.

Q. There's a little confusion over your injury, a lot of people thought it was your knee. Can you talk about it. Was it a bruised quad? Did it tighten up overnight? Any swelling?
MANU GINOBILI: It's right above the knee. I had it for the first time against Phoenix, I think. So if I get kneed again in the same spot, it just hurts me.
But I'm going to be fine, doing treatments. It's not going to limit me for tomorrow.

Q. Could you comment on how Manu's thigh is feeling today and do you expect him to be 100% tomorrow night?
COACH GREGG POPOVICH: Manu is fine. He took a hit and it bothered him for a while. It's sore, so on and so forth, but he'll be fine for tomorrow night.

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Well, somebody, probably AHF is running around spouting doom and gloom to the press, it scared the shit out of me to hear the report.

Tell Pop to call ESPN and tell them to stop freaking us Spurs' fans out, ok?

Kori Ellis
06-15-2005, 03:02 PM
Well, somebody, probably AHF is running around spouting doom and gloom to the press, it scared the shit out of me to hear the report.

Tell Pop to call ESPN and tell them to stop freaking us Spurs' fans out, ok?

Was it a report? Or it was just them speculating on what could happen if Manu's injury was serious?

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 03:04 PM
9:33 – The news on Ginobili: Thigh contusion. Uh-oh.

(But seriously, is there a luckier team than the Pistons? Last spring, they lucked out with Jason Kidd's knee, the Derek Fisher shot and Karl Malone's injury. Last November, the Pacers looked like the best team in the East before the Artest Melee turned everything around. Last week, Miami was about to finish them off before Wade went down. And now, they're down 2-0 and the leading candidate for Finals MVP goes down 21 seconds into Game 3. I'm not saying good luck is something that should penalize them historically – believe me, I'm a Patriots fan, I would never insinuate such a thing. But Detroit's run of good fortune is almost unprecedented, don't you think? At the rate we're going, Duncan is going to be accidentally ejected from the Spurs' charter on the way back to San Antonio.)

See, I am not the only one hearing this shit.

Kori Ellis
06-15-2005, 03:05 PM
What shit? It just says he has a thigh contusion. He does.

fraga
06-15-2005, 03:06 PM
The latest word...the leg does not need to be amputated...he'll be fine...

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Was it a report? Or it was just them speculating on what could happen if Manu's injury was serious?

It was on their sports updates every 20 mins or so, you know.

It was an actual report...like it was a fact.

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 03:07 PM
What shit? It just says he has a thigh contusion. He does.

The slant of this is that Detroit is lucky because Manu will now be affected like Wade was.

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 03:08 PM
The latest word...the leg does not need to be amputated...he'll be fine...

Even if his leg was amputated, Manu could still get by Tayshaun.

:lol

MiNuS
06-15-2005, 03:08 PM
Manu came out on ESPN radio TODAY and said he was fine and that he is going to avenge the loss.
he then went on to say"you ain't seen Manu "Lee" Ginobili just yet!"

Kori Ellis
06-15-2005, 03:09 PM
It was an actual report...like it was a fact.

Like what is a fact? That he has a thigh contusion? That is a fact. What did the report say? That the injury is worse than they thought and he's going to miss time?

Chris4
06-15-2005, 03:13 PM
Well then who have we seen.

MiNuS
06-15-2005, 03:14 PM
can someone just for fun cut out Ben's Afro and paste it on the Spurs players just to have a good laugh!

thanks!

-+=

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Like what is a fact? That he has a thigh contusion? That is a fact. What did the report say? That the injury is worse than they thought and he's going to miss time?

Forget about it...I guess they were just being alarmists.

I will take Manu's word for it.

timvp
06-15-2005, 03:17 PM
Another one of his April fools jokes.

:sleep

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Another one of his April fools jokes.

:sleep

It is June.

:flipoff

:angel

Medvedenko
06-15-2005, 04:12 PM
He'll be fine...he's a warrior....nothing wrong with Manu Ginoflopi.....
Should be good game, expect the Pisterns to mug Tpark like we did last year....hopefully your shooters are on fire, they'll need it.

2centsworth
06-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Fantastico!