PDA

View Full Version : Game 4 Adjustments...

sanman53
06-15-2005, 03:15 PM
It seems like after every playoof loss, the Spurs come back with some adjustments. What do you think those adjustments need to be? How well do you think Timmy will play in Game 4? And who will win Game 4?

My opinion:

I think the adjustments the Spurs need is to run it more. I understand Troit has a good transition defense, but we have the quickest PG in the league! Also, they dont need to MATCH the Troit energy, they need to go beyond that energy! Manu, Timmy and Tony need to set the tone early and everyone esle will follow!

I think Timmy will have 33 points and 15 boards.

The Spurs will win in Game 4, 101-90

GO SPURS GO! :fro

mavsfan1000
06-15-2005, 03:18 PM
More effort and intensity would help

spur219
06-15-2005, 03:21 PM
Just more intensity and energy. Most of all the Spurs really need to limit their turnovers and take care of the ball. Get back on transition D and limit the Pistons easy fastbreak points or easy baskets period. Detroit is not very good offensively so not giving them easy baskets means that more than likely they will be playing catchup. They have to set a tone from the beginning and come out agressive and show the Pistons that they have made adjustments and they are ready for whatever the Pistons bring to their court.

GrandeDavid
06-15-2005, 03:29 PM
The Spurs need to attack the rim, i.e. Manu and then some. Tim needs to have a big game on both sides and, most importantly, they need to play some high energy defense from the middle of the third quarter on. I'd say the entire game but I think that's unrealistic unless they overload on Red Bull or something. I'd like to see the Spurs try trapping the Pistons guards off and on and I'd really like to see better positioning and timing on the Spurs' defensive rebounds. There were some really embarrassing gimmes they gave the Pistons in Game 3. Manu must fearlessly attack the shit out of the rim in the fourth quarter as must Duncan. The Spurs will need to spill their gutst on defense in the fourth.

In summary:

Better all around effort and, as Manny said, avoid Beno Udrih at the end of quarters, and if you must play him then, call a timeout after the first turnover.

spurster
06-15-2005, 03:29 PM
Take care of the ball, especially if the ball is passed to you, you have to go get it instead of waiting for it because you know the Pistons are going after it too.

Rebound, block out. That's two games in a row the Pistons have outrebounded the Spurs.

Instead of crashing into a crowded lane, please pass it to the open man, preferably a Spur.

sa_butta
06-15-2005, 03:31 PM
See game 1 and 2 tape.

SLOVENIAN 8
06-15-2005, 03:35 PM
More playing time for Rasho...

easjer
06-15-2005, 03:35 PM
Number 1 - Protect the ball. The means working up into a faster pace, and slowing down to keep control when necessary. They allowed Detriot to dictate the pace, which was a mistake. Keep an eye open for clear passing lanes and make sure everyone on the floor knows what's going on.

Number 2 - Drive in. Everyone. Don't settle for outside shots until they've established their inside game, and shown their persistance to get in there. Then go for the jumpers to help clear the paint.

Number 3 - Better ball movement. Pass it around and get it to the open guy. Keep an eye on the clock, so that you leave enough time for shots, but keep it moving.

Number 4 - Watch the film and learn. How many times did Billups or Rip take it in, go up and pass around the defender to a Wallace (or a McDyess), who then dunked it? PAY ATTENTION!

Number 5 - Tighten up defense. That was one of the things that killed them. They let up and allowed the Pistons to clamp down. If your shots aren't going down, clamp the D, and stop allowing such easy looks. Block some shots. Be more aggressive on the rebounds.

Number 6 - Intensity. Match it.

Oh, yes, Number 7 - Pretty please, with sugar on top, stop making stupid fouls.

T Park
06-15-2005, 03:38 PM
fantastic post easjer.

Add, better defensive rebounding, they had countless amounts of second chance shots.

Rebounding though, IMO is effort and energy.

So, chicken and the egg there.

boutons
06-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Pistons did nothing Tim and friends haven't seen before, countless times. Why the debilitating surprise in Game3? Can't adjustments be more granular than game to game? how about half to half? qtr to qtr? how about some surprises of our own, rather than reacting to the other team? How about take a deep breath after the end of the 3rd qrt, and come out with super aggressive defense to stop their run, knock them back on their heels, and claw our way back in? at least not get steamrolled and embarrassed. There has been a long history about Pop's weak in-game adjustments. I think the last 16 minutes of Game3 don't do much to dispel doubts about his in-game skills. And I think Pop's "system" is so rigid that the players, in some sense, give up their individual smarts, defer to the system, even the system is struggling.

The adjustments above are the same old adjustments aka good basketball that the Spurs are supposed to be playing in the first place, in Game3.

Whatever, above all, let's avoid the Game5 pressure of a 2-2 tie @DET, and let's stay ahead in the W column. GET GAME4!! and the series is over.

boutons
06-15-2005, 03:57 PM
Spurs have seriously lost Game2 and 3 in RBs, after dominating in RBs in Game1.

T Park
06-15-2005, 04:02 PM
Game 2 they got away with it, by playing better defense, and not turning the ball over.

Game 3, the lacks defense, pathetic offense, and turnovers bit them in the ass.

ShoogarBear
06-15-2005, 04:06 PM
We may need more in-game adjustments to what's happening on the court.

Which has me worried. It's not our strong point.

Timoha
06-15-2005, 04:09 PM
Stop turning the ball over! The Pistons are great at stealing hte blla and creating turnovers, so be exta carefull with the ball.

More intensity on both ends.

Well, I don't hink that I can add anything new.

Play better. We played like crap overall the last game ):

constantstate
06-15-2005, 05:32 PM
how about, try for a better start? which means show up knowing they're gonna have alot of energy, try to match it. even with as bad as everyone played... it was close for a while. just match the energy on the boards and D. everything should be fine.

that said, if manu and duncan have the same games they had in game 3, we'll lose game 4. tim usually bounces back strong from a game like that... its going to be fun to see what manu does now that everyone is looking at him (and he WILL get calls)

another thing to look for is if the spurs can get an early offensive foul called on the moving screens the pistons are going with now. (something they didnt do much of in sa) - thats the only way hamilton gets off.

Sense
06-15-2005, 05:46 PM
More from the 2 best players in the series...

Manu and Duncan..

Duncan's gonna have a Monster night... he always does after a bad game.

beirmeistr
06-15-2005, 07:46 PM
1. Match their intensity.
2. Drive, drive, drive---they have a weak bench so foul trouble hurts them bigtime.
3. Fight for those rebounds.
4. Bring in Rasho if Mohammed is struggling.
5. Make use of barry's 3 point shots.
6. Do not place beno in crucial circumstances.
7. apply pine tar to Mohammed's hands.

j/k about Mohammed's hands.

Athenea
06-15-2005, 09:14 PM

I'll put that ^^^ as number 1 priority :lol , and second...we have 2 enforcers in the team; use them please or expect more injuries.

TheTruth
06-15-2005, 09:27 PM
It seems like after every playoof loss, the Spurs come back with some adjustments. What do you think those adjustments need to be? How well do you think Timmy will play in Game 4? And who will win Game 4?

My opinion:

I think the adjustments the Spurs need is to run it more. I understand Troit has a good transition defense, but we have the quickest PG in the league! Also, they dont need to MATCH the Troit energy, they need to go beyond that energy! Manu, Timmy and Tony need to set the tone early and everyone esle will follow!

I think Timmy will have 33 points and 15 boards.

The Spurs will win in Game 4, 101-90

GO SPURS GO! :fro
The Pistons drop 3 people after every shot. We aren't going to have much success running the break.

What makes you think Timmy is going to have that huge a game? What do the Spurs do differently to free him up? I hope he does have that kind of game, but he is going to have to work for everything.

TheTruth
06-15-2005, 09:28 PM
1. Match their intensity.
2. Drive, drive, drive---they have a weak bench so foul trouble hurts them bigtime.
3. Fight for those rebounds.
4. Bring in Rasho if Mohammed is struggling.
5. Make use of barry's 3 point shots.
6. Do not place beno in crucial circumstances.

you shouldn't be. he needs to be expecting the pass. how many easy baskets did he let slip through his hands?

3 Ring Timmy
06-15-2005, 09:50 PM
1.stop the lazy passes,especially on those blind angles
2.Dont set up the offense on every possesion,too predictable,for this good defense.
3.get rosho,massenburg,robinson,and devan,to play smash mouth ,i mean hammer them ,like they are doing to us.Starters cant take too many fouls.
4.cut tunovers in half,pistons slap at the ball while were bringing it up,knocking the ball loose
5.Tim too shot a bunch of off the glass shots,he`s trying swish way too many,he used to be unstopable.
6.if possible keep the hot hands in.
7.have to run plays for manu to get freed up
8. play like we`re playing the suns,at times,and run it down their throats,they know were gonna run it down to 10 seconds or less every fricken time,keep them off balance .
9.again hit them like there hittin us,there trying to manhandle us,and did in gm3.
10. all this said,i know pop will do what we need,he`s the best at adjustments.

Chris
06-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Passing, turnovers, and bench production.

spurschick
06-15-2005, 10:13 PM
#1 - Pull heads out of asses
#2 - Go to Palace and play the game

Rick Von Braun
06-15-2005, 11:36 PM
Bigs need to box out their man when position to recieve an entry pass. Getting the pass stolen is unacceptable.
Passers need to fake some entry passes to post players from time to time to keep the frontcourt defense honest.
Players need to ball the move around to get into the flow of the game. No player should dribble the ball for more than 7 seconds without taking it to the rack or making a pass.
Bigs should be able to catch passes right under the basket. Fumbling the ball away is unacceptable.
Be more aggresive with the perimeter D, and force the Pistons to take jumpers.
Run back on D like they were playing against the Suns.
Do not force a single look in offense. Mix it up. Do not just do 4-down, or penetration, or pick & roll, or screen & roll... combine them even if succesful in the first try. The only way to keep the defense honest is by always giving different looks.

milkyway21
06-16-2005, 12:35 AM
What do you think those adjustments need to be?

KEEP SHOOTING 3S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! esp. in the 1st half for a BIG early lead.

So far, we dominated this team 23-4 in 3pts in this series.

game1 4-1
game2 11-0
game3 8-3

Spurs 3pt % : 23-54 =43%:D

Detroit % : 4-26= 15% :cry

let them come to Duncan. Duncan gives the ball back to Manu (he won't have 2 consecutive bad games, he'll recover). OR Parker.

i don't know how the the rest of the other half...but getting an early lead can give us confidence to finish the flukers.....

this is a must win game for us. We know how they came back against Miami. Though they were successful in that because Wade got injured.
And ShaQ can't jump much to dominate the boards.

We have Duncan/TP/Manu, we can win this one. :smokin

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-16-2005, 12:37 AM
Make the bus.

milkyway21
06-16-2005, 12:49 AM
less turnovers, esp from Manu. We need him to find those easy shots, he's good at it

more offensive rbds from Nazr.
Nazr/Tim must consider dunking than shooting jumshots:D
Rasho must take some action. share minutes with Nazr.We need BIG men.

and last but not least...
Big game from Parker same as game 3.