PDA

View Full Version : Tower Heist

Fabbs
11-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Anyone? I still haven't seen "In Time" which I'm hearing more and more is average at best.

Tower Heist
Ben Stiller (like almost everything he is associated with. Zoolander is classic)
Eddie Murphy
Mathew Broderick (sucks)

When a billionaire steals their retirement money, the workers at a luxury condominium come up with a plan to even the score.

CubanSucks
11-04-2011, 01:50 PM
heard it's supposed to be a laugh-o-rama

Blake
11-04-2011, 01:55 PM
sounds like a nice TBS movie.

Drachen
11-04-2011, 01:57 PM
I'll watch it.

DeadlyDynasty
11-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Just saw it. I want my money back

Fabbs
11-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Above average-some might go as high as "pretty good" but in no way is it "very good" nor worth paying full price.
Excellent set up, but once the set up is complete and the main body enters it too often meanders way too long on side points.
Very good ending. Ending saves it for sure.

Ben Stiller is good
Eddie Murphy meh i guess ya he's okay given his role. Lot of the same stereotypical stuff. He's the jive negraa vs white uptight. That's okay but when he goes to rude and crude -enough. Gotten old for me.

Casey Aflek as a punk ass i guess he did fit. His mumbling Basston accent as his entire set of acting skills is lame tho...

Gabourey Jamacia as heavyset black chick safecracker is very good.
Mathew Broderick is actually perfectly cast as the white selfish aged yuppie.
Alan Alda does a good job as rich old prick Berni Madlof type.
Tea Leoni is just Tea Leoni as FBI chick.
Michael Pena as Enrique is good.

heard it's supposed to be a laugh-o-rama
You heard from the wrong source.
It's dramedy, with much more *drama* then comedy.

DeadlyDynasty
11-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Outside of the subway scene there were only small pockets of drama--and even that scene was short. It was your typical action comedy with predictable scenes, meh dialogue, and forced comedy. I honestly enjoyed the previews better, especially american reunion, safehouse, avengers, and mission impossible...the twilight preview made me wanna puke.

The best part of the movies lately has been the regal cinemas film-reel rollercoaster animation, right before the previews...sad

Trainwreck2100
11-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Outside of the subway scene there were only small pockets of drama--and even that scene was short. It was your typical action comedy with predictable scenes, meh dialogue, and forced comedy. I honestly enjoyed the previews better, especially american reunion, safehouse, avengers, and mission impossible...the twilight preview made me wanna puke.

The best part of the movies lately has been the regal cinemas film-reel rollercoaster animation, right before the previews...sad

i haven't been to a regal in forever, that roller coaster was teh shit.

InRareForm
11-04-2011, 09:49 PM
looks like a 6.2 imdb rating movie

Fabbs
11-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Outside of the subway scene there were only small pockets of drama--and even that scene was short. It was your typical action comedy with predictable scenes, meh dialogue, and forced comedy.
I'd say the same thing about the comedy amount. Hardly any and as you said -forced. Lowering the car, hauling old prick off to the judges, etc all *drama*. I still say more drama then comedy but get your point, it's supposed to be an action comedy and falls short. Also incomplete for me was how it's implied they all forgave Eddie Murphys character for his blatant traitorism. Did he get a share in the end?

Is the volume louder then hell for the previews in your Regal also? Got to push 100+ decibles. Not sure who was on the switch but it approached rock concert levels.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-06-2011, 02:06 PM
I am interested. Supposedly Eddie Murphy is trying to be funny again, instead of doing black family comedy crap movies