PDA

View Full Version : Rank the Spurs 2005 playoff opponents

GrandeDavid
06-15-2005, 04:04 PM
In terms of most annoying. Yes, tell us which franchise, from owner down to the fan base, irritates you most. #1 should be your most irritating. Phoenix should be your #4. Just kidding, that's up to you to decide. Oh, and please elaborate on your selections. Here are your choices (obviously):

Denver
Seattle
Phoenix
Detroit

GrandeDavid
06-15-2005, 04:05 PM
For me, Denver EASILY takes the cake. From George Karl's bitching, to the hard fouls, and to that idiotic moron of a Denver fishwrap journalist who said Manu needed to be marked, I had to laugh when Denver got flushed in five.

After Denver comes Seattle, thanks to Ray Allen's utter lack of poise and class and Big Snacks for being a mentally incompetent lug in the paint.

Then comes Detroit. I know that working the refs is part of the game in the big leagues, but still, Larry's way of doing it annoys me. Also, that Detroit announcer and Sheed are pretty irritating to me.

Phoenix is last but its hard to knock them and their peeps.

TheWriter
06-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Seattle
Denver
Phoenix
Pistons

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Denver
Detroit
Seattle
Phoenix

Although i missed out on last half of seattle, and most of Phoenix, thats how it stands with me,

because Denver was too annoying to really get into, with kmart being an ass

and Seattle had Ray Pussy Boy Allen,

and Detroit's players and Coach have successfully pulled a "Complain like no other about the refs, get a very favorable result" ploy

baseline bum
06-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Seattle is the only one I truly hate: players and fans alike. Fuck that whole city.

GrandeDavid
06-15-2005, 04:18 PM
^Baseline, thanks for sharing that bit of tough love! :lol :lol :lol

Sense
06-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Seattle
Detroit
Denver
Phoenix

Phenomanul
06-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Seattle
Denver
Detroit
Phoenix

That's my list too....

Icedstone
06-15-2005, 06:03 PM
SEATTLE
PHOENIX
DENVER
detroit

spur4life
06-15-2005, 06:05 PM
it is really hard to rank them...i would say:
1. denver, seattle
2. detroit (unless they keep complaining about officiating)
3. phoenix

in short, only phoenix has "any" class out of d whole set....

beirmeistr
06-15-2005, 07:32 PM
Denver, Seattle, Detroit, and Phoenix.

Now, ranking by tough series (tough as in hard to beat), I would say Phoenix, Detroit, Seattle, and Denver.

angel_luv
06-15-2005, 07:46 PM
Denver and Seattle (tied)
Phoenix
Detroit

milkyway21
06-15-2005, 08:11 PM
#1-Seattle-Allen is a pussy but he's a perimeter scorer and hard to stop. And he's healthy. It only took him 1 game to figure out Bowen's defense on him. If Rashad was not injured it could end game 7. Plus i give credit to that ex-Spur pt guard consistent play in that series-Antonio Daniels.

#2-Suns-Big man Amare is a scorer and suddenly found his defense in the series. He's is by far the best scorer vs the Spurs this playoffs. He can score on you 40 if your're in early foul trouble bec. he can dunk his shots bec of his size. Except on the assists(Nash), he did it all. And the Suns is the best scoring team the Spurs faced in the playoffs. Only, the Spurs answered with their own full-throttle offense that won the game. See the ave. score Spurs had in the series:108/game (:D).

#3-Detroit-Defense & good Coach Brown. although there's no scorer other than Billups & Rip.
We can't figure out what set play each team's gonna play bec these two coaches know each others' setplay. It's just a matter of who can trick the other first, to win the game.

#4-Denver-Bruce can cover Anthony. and there's no denying that Coach Pops owns Coach Karl. And Denver although the hottest team after the All-Star game, they can't shoot from the arc, forcing them
to shoot inside can be dangerous bec. of Duncan and Nazr's dominance in the middle.

DDS4
06-15-2005, 08:43 PM
Both Seattle and Denver talked the same amount of shit through the media.

BUT....

The simple fact that Seattle fans cheered when Duncan went down makes my blood boil. Truly classless and uncalled for.

So, Seattle is #1.

constantstate
06-15-2005, 09:07 PM
man thats tough. the phoenix owner is an ass. he had the san diego chicken sit in his chair in game 1. (how can you excuse that?) but overall... karl. what that guy said about manu... wow... he retracted it saying that it was the heat of battle and he was trying to get extra calls. etc. (but no way do you do that) seattle's roster from top to bottom were classless on the court and with mics in their faces. (except AD) i never heard much from their fans and nate was always giving the spurs credit. their writers sucked though. everything with detroit has been nothing but class. overheated fans, yeah, but you have to have those. the organization so far, the writers in detroit, larry brown... nothing but class.

1. denver
2. seattle
3. phoenix
4. detroit

milkyway21
06-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Both Seattle and Denver talked the same amount of shit through the media.

BUT....

The simple fact that Seattle fans cheered when Duncan went down makes my blood boil. Truly classless and uncalled for.

So, Seattle is #1.hey correct me if I'm wrong, did Detroit fans cheered when Manu went down last night? Or am I just imagining it? :rolleyes. I was truly amazed they were clapping.:huh

were they thinking it was kind of Wade injury thing?
we knew they were in trouble when Wade was healthy, then went puffffff in the last 2 games.

JamStone
06-16-2005, 12:36 AM
Yeah, there are some real assholes that go to the Piston games. Some cheered when Allen Iverson sprained his ankle in game 5 of the opening series. I get irritated with some of our fans who are so zealously fanatic that they do stuff like that. We all know about the other stuff too, beers and coins and bombthreats. As a Detroit fan, I'm fed up with all that shit.

Last year I got some great seats like 8 rows behind media row in the Palace. It was Rasheed's very first game with the Pistons after the trade against Minnesota. I was hyped to see KG and Rasheed. At one point when the game was tight and the Pistons started making a run, I was standing up and cheering. Two-thirds of the crowd were on their feet. And, the guy who sat behind me had the audacity to tell me to sit down.

Basically, I'm trying to say there are plenty of assholes that go to the Palace. But, there are plenty of us Pistons fans who try to be good fans. And, for me personally, I was hoping that Manu was ok, and hoped he wasn't seriously injured. On behalf of those Detroit fans who cheered when Manu got hurt, I'm embarrassed and I apologize. That's just really bush league.

Horry For 3!
06-16-2005, 01:10 AM
Denver
Seattle
Detroit
Phoenix

milkyway21
06-16-2005, 02:01 AM
Yeah, there are some real assholes that go to the Piston games. Some cheered when Allen Iverson sprained his ankle in game 5 of the opening series. I get irritated with some of our fans who are so zealously fanatic that they do stuff like that. We all know about the other stuff too, beers and coins and bombthreats. As a Detroit fan, I'm fed up with all that shit.

Last year I got some great seats like 8 rows behind media row in the Palace. It was Rasheed's very first game with the Pistons after the trade against Minnesota. I was hyped to see KG and Rasheed. At one point when the game was tight and the Pistons started making a run, I was standing up and cheering. Two-thirds of the crowd were on their feet. And, the guy who sat behind me had the audacity to tell me to sit down.

Basically, I'm trying to say there are plenty of assholes that go to the Palace. But, there are plenty of us Pistons fans who try to be good fans. And, for me personally, I was hoping that Manu was ok, and hoped he wasn't seriously injured. On behalf of those Detroit fans who cheered when Manu got hurt, I'm embarrassed and I apologize. That's just really bush league.

..though you're a Detroit fan and condemn such actions...thank you for admitting it.

I'm embarrassed and I apologize.
no big deal...Manu is actually alive & kicking... :lol

duncan_21
06-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Seattle - with there thug game play and ray ray's whining
denver - They were just frustrating with all their length and ability to block shots and guard duncan
phoenix - still don't believe nash deserved the mvp, and the media hype on stoudemire
det - having to look at ben wallace, he looks like he fell off the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down, and I hate lb

SWC Bonfire
06-16-2005, 09:18 AM
Denver
Seattle
Detroit
Phoenix

Phoenix wasn't nearly as annoying as Detroit. Of couse, 3-0 might have something to do with that.