PDA

View Full Version : Detroit fans, tell us what irritates you most about the San Antonio Spurs

GrandeDavid
06-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Serious, thought out replies only. We Spurs fans are often sensitive to other coaches working the refs in the press (George Karl) and players doing too much talking (Ray Allen), but I'm sure there are things about the San Antonio Spurs which irritate the heck out of you. Tell us.

ShoogarBear
06-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Thread to be hijacked in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 04:09 PM
Serious, thought out replies only. We Spurs fans are often sensitive to other coaches working the refs in the press (George Karl) and players doing too much talking (Ray Allen), but I'm sure there are things about the San Antonio Spurs which irritate the heck out of you. Tell us.

They do not win EVERY game they play.

That really just pisses me off to no end.

:)

GrandeDavid
06-15-2005, 04:09 PM
If I were not a Spurs fan I'd probably just bag on the old Alamodome pink and blue colors or something like that because everything else about the franchise and fans is perfect. ;)

That was sarcasm, btw! :lol

GrandeDavid
06-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Shoogarbear, this is for non-Spurs fans. But feel free to reply and clarify what you meant by "hijacked".

C'mon, Pistons fans.

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 04:11 PM
Shoogarbear, this is for non-Spurs fans. But feel free to reply and clarify what you meant by "hijacked".

C'mon, Pistons fans.

He means that Spurs fans will come in here and get all defensive and start calling Detroit fans names and it will turn into on big pissing contest.

ShoogarBear
06-15-2005, 04:12 PM

C'mon, Pistons fans.
"Hijacked" means people come in and take over the topic and make it not what you originally intended.

You know, like 95% of the threads in here . . .

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 04:13 PM
I will get the ball rolling.

What I do not like about Detroit is:

1. They whine way too much.

2. They also make crappy cars.

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 04:14 PM
"Hijacked" means people come in and take over the topic and make it not what you originally intended.

You know, like 95% of the threads in here . . .

Actually 89.7%.

GrandeDavid
06-15-2005, 04:19 PM
Shoogarbear, gotcha, and I do agree. I'm just curious to hear from some level headed Detroit fans what gets under their skin about our team.

FearDaFro
06-15-2005, 04:20 PM
Bowen, Bowen, and Manu.

Bowen's a very good defender, but he knows exactly what he can get away with. I don't begrudge him for it, because a foul isn't a foul if a whistle isn't blown.

But damn, that guy clutches and grabs like Rip is Eva or something.

Manu bugs me because he's good, and he knows he's good. He has this arrogant look on his face, like he can just drive whenever he wants to, and nobody can stop him. Not nearly as annoying as Bowen, but a distant #2.

Parker has the same kind of cocky grin, but knock him down a couple times, and it vanishes. Manu just gets back up and drives again.

Kori Ellis
06-15-2005, 04:21 PM
Bowen, Bowen, and Manu.

Bowen's a very good defender, but he knows exactly what he can get away with. I don't begrudge him for it, because a foul isn't a foul if a whistle isn't blown.

Manu bugs me because he's good, and he knows he's good. He has this arrogant look on his face, like he can just drive whenever he wants to, and nobody can stop him. Not nearly as annoying as Bowen, but a distant #2.

Good. I'm glad to hear Bowen is doing his job.

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Bowen, Bowen, and Manu.

Parker has the same kind of cocky grin, but knock him down a couple times, and it vanishes. Manu just gets back up and drives again.

Those piss me off too, and I am a fan.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Sean Elliot

:lol

Seriously, I hate nothing thus far, except the fact that they are up 2-1...

GrandeDavid
06-15-2005, 04:29 PM
FEARDAFRO, that was an awesome reply and exactly the type of stuff I was hoping to hear. I've been curious to know what fans of other teams really think of Manu, especially. That's interesting that you point out his arrogant look, and I certainly do not blame you for seeing him in that light.

But in my personal case, I've met Manu and he's a super congenial guy and very, very humble. He's anything but arrogant in acuality. So I guess looks can be deceiving.

combs84
06-15-2005, 04:32 PM
Well I don't wanna bring up the illegal screens =P...Actually they didn't even really get them started last night, I was kind of suprised.

It does kind of irritate me that they try and say the right things no matter what. I can't stand that, especially from entire teams. What fun is that?

Also Ginoboli the Flopper is very irritating, it has even gotten worse now that he has long hair. Now when he flops his hair flops all over and it helps his cause.

boutons
06-15-2005, 04:35 PM
Manu arrogant? GMAFB He's got better emotional balance, authenticithy, orientation and feet-on-the-gournd than just about anybody on the Pistons, except Chauncy and Tay. Chauncy had a tough NBA row to hoe, and has come through with his head intact, and the skills to match.

What's arrogant and hubristic are the fucking self-awarded WWF belts, and carrying them to Finals like they were some kind of honor. stupid urban bling-bling.

GD, stupid thread. WGAF

Kori Ellis
06-15-2005, 04:36 PM
It does kind of irritate me that they try and say the right things no matter what. I can't stand that, especially from entire teams. What fun is that?

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Manu arrogant? GMAFB He's got better emotional balance, authenticithy, orientation and feet-on-the-gournd than just about anybody on the Pistons, except Chauncy and Tay. Chauncy had a tough NBA row to hoe, and has come through with his head intact, and the skills to match.

What's arrogant and hubristic are the fucking self-awarded WWF belts, and carrying them to Finals like they were some kind of honor. stupid urban bling-bling.

GD, stupid thread. WGAF

He did not say he was arrogant, he said he has an arrogany look on his face, and he does too. He knows he is able to do whatever he wants, just like MJ did....there is nothing wrong with that, or not liking it as an opposing fan.

Jimcs50
06-15-2005, 04:40 PM

Yes, that would irratate me to no end, if I were a fan of another team...I would call them all Boy Scouts or mama's boys or something.

Sportcamper
06-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Seriously...That Ben Wallace hitting the deck when Parker bumps him is awesome...Just wait for that one to make the final cut on the Spurs 2005 Championship DVD.... :smokin

tsb2000
06-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Manu bugs me because he's good, and he knows he's good. He has this arrogant look on his face, like he can just drive whenever he wants to, and nobody can stop him.

You Pistons fans must still have a lot of pent-up hate for Michael Jordan then, huh? :spin

FearDaFro
06-15-2005, 04:59 PM
You Pistons fans must still have a lot of pent-up hate for Michael Jordan then, huh? :spin

Jordan never, ever, ever got cheered in Detroit. We took a lot of pride in denying him playoff success, or at least delaying it for a few years.

In his 2nd comeback, his first preseason game with the wizards was at the palace. He got booed then, too.

bdubya
06-15-2005, 05:02 PM
What irritates me most about the Spurs? The final scores of games #1 and #2. The media fawning all over them bugs me, and some of their fans on this board are really lame, but I can't blame those on the Spurs (if they were a lottery team, the media would fawn all over somebody else, and the lame ones in the fanbase would still be lame).

It's actually a great question; there's not much to hate about the team itself. Maybe Duncan's apparent case of flat affect...(at one point in Game 2, my girlfriend was out of the room and heard me say "wow!" She asked what was up and I told her "Duncan just cracked a smile", to which she simply answered "Bullshit!")

Meads375
06-15-2005, 05:03 PM
There really aren't any huge complaints from me as far as individual players on the Spurs. Spurs are definately a class act. The only thing that bugs me is as much Detroit's fault as it is San Antonio's; how they drive the lane, causing the Pistons to collapse and then kick out for an open *HIGH PERCENTAGE* three.

Gut just flips every time I see Manu drive.

mcornelio
06-15-2005, 05:34 PM
im a spurs fan... and what i dont like about us is all the media attention now that were good... i used to like being a small market team... all we had was david.. and ill admit it steve smith was my favorite player

constantstate
06-15-2005, 06:14 PM
since everyone is flipping this topic anyway...

what irritates me about detroit is that i like ben wallace. i like his attitude, i like the way he plays, i even like his interviews. it even bugs me that he's not a bigger star... and yet it bugged me even more that he got DPY instead of bruce bowen.

what irritates me about detroit is the whole "play the right way" slogan. for years detroit was like our baby brother, holding people down in points but in a much weaker conference (back then - and even to some extent now) they even tried to do the whole twin tower thang and make it their own once they got sheed.

sheed just bugs me. i thought he was a headcase in portland and i still think he's a headcase. it irritates me that part of me wants to see that in him. like when everything is going wrong... just waiting for him to rip off an officials head in mid-court... a la mortal combat.

the belts bug me too. we're the one's responsible for breaking up the lakers. we made them adapt and try to get players (old as they were) to beat us. so when they do (by a .4 of a second) and change a series... detroit gets to revel in it.

tayshaun prince. damn. no one... and i mean no one... should have arms that long. during the miami heat series... i was waiting for snaq-pack to rip one off and use it as a back scratcher. but dude is cool though... and that irritates me too.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Well I don't wanna bring up the illegal screens =P...Actually they didn't even really get them started last night, I was kind of suprised.

Also Ginoboli the Flopper is very irritating, it has even gotten worse now that he has long hair. Now when he flops his hair flops all over and it helps his cause.

Guess that why Ben grew his fro out. So when Parker crashes into he can jump back 10 feet and it looks even worse with the hair out, huh?

The thing is, Manu's a flopper, but a good one. Ben is 270 pounds, all muscle and he flops like a train just hit him going 75 mph. That's beyond lame and weak.

Wallace ²
06-15-2005, 06:25 PM
All in all I like the Spurs, but every team has a few things that I dont like.

Bowen can be a dirty player at times.

Ginobili flops way too much.

Thats about all I can think of.

Go Pistons Go!
06-15-2005, 07:03 PM
Duncan= no personality, like a big oof...Now that's just what I see, it's prob not how he is at all times
Manu= I can't stand the flopping! UGH But it's a part of the game and he helps his team to win
Parker= his voice is so annoying! LOL But overall I like the Spurs and I think your players are a class act

bonesinaz
06-15-2005, 07:23 PM
What do piston fans think of Horry?

I ask this because I hated his guts when he played for the lakers. He used to irritate me because I thought he was lazy during the regular season and then suddenly he would wake up in the playoffs to rip my heart out. I celebrated for a week when his 3 went in and out and cost the lakers the game in 2003......
.....now, I absolutely love him.

He is one of the smartest basketball players I have ever seen. Every game this post-season he has contributed. He makes a smart play, grabs a loose ball, makes a crucial steal, or even gives a foul at the exact right time. For his post-season play this year I love him even more.

Oh, and he still can hit those threes. :smokin

beirmeistr
06-15-2005, 07:58 PM
What do piston fans think of Horry?

I ask this because I hated his guts when he played for the lakers. He used to irritate me because I thought he was lazy during the regular season and then suddenly he would wake up in the playoffs to rip my heart out. I celebrated for a week when his 3 went in and out and cost the lakers the game in 2003......
.....now, I absolutely love him.

He is one of the smartest basketball players I have ever seen. Every game this post-season he has contributed. He makes a smart play, grabs a loose ball, makes a crucial steal, or even gives a foul at the exact right time. For his post-season play this year I love him even more.

Oh, and he still can hit those threes. :smokin
You beat me to it--I was going to ask Detroit fans about Big Shot Rob. I remember I used to hate him, out of fear, when he was with the lakers.

FearDaFro
06-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Nobody in the eastern conference really has an opinion of Horry, one way or another He's spent his entire career on 4 western conference teams, so he doesn't have any history out east.

He's just another player, to me at least. A clutch player, but I don't have a reason to dislike him.

Pistons < Spurs
06-15-2005, 08:23 PM
It's hard to hate on a team like SA. ~In my best LB voice~ They Play the Right Way!

But as I sit here and think about it.........

Your announcer who introduces the players........He is SOOOOOOO terrible....

Tim Duncan........at least the vanilla flavor in his personality. Just once, I'd love to see him show some serious emotion. Pull a KG yell every now and then.

But more than anything, It'd be the small group of fans that decided it was time to jump ship last night. I still can't believe some of the posts that I read. Just amazed me. But at least now we know who the REAL SA fans are I guess. :fro

ForestBrain
06-15-2005, 08:27 PM
What irritates me the most is that Manu gets away with fouls, as does Parker. But that's about it. I respect the Spurs greatly. They are a great team.

constantstate
06-15-2005, 08:28 PM

i like the pistons announcer/dj/play by play guy/10 other jobs probably... that guy is cool. but whats with the mascot? someone tell me what that thing is. it was lurking around and to tell you the truth... i never knew you guys had one. what is that?

ZStomp
06-15-2005, 08:30 PM
But more than anything, It'd be the small group of fans that decided it was time to jump ship last night. I still can't believe some of the posts that I read. Just amazed me. But at least now we know who the REAL SA fans are I guess. :fro

Thank you. Look at my thread that I started yesterday.

Too many poser fans in here. I can't stand them.

LilMissSPURfect
06-15-2005, 08:35 PM
im not a Pistons fan bout....can i get in? .......................AALLLLRIGHTY !

How about having the celebration parade in the south side instead of da river?

I can see it now....SUNDAY night...Military drive.......awesome :spin :spin

FearDaFro
06-15-2005, 09:02 PM
i like the pistons announcer/dj/play by play guy/10 other jobs probably... that guy is cool. but whats with the mascot? someone tell me what that thing is. it was lurking around and to tell you the truth... i never knew you guys had one. what is that?

Hooper? The mascot time forgot and the fans don't want to remember?

We;re ridding ourselves of the horse on our logo next year. Safe to say the horse on the court is getting sent to the glue factory....

Go Pistons Go!
06-15-2005, 09:07 PM
I love Hooper! and we have Mini Hooper too! They are so cute..Don't be ripping on the horses ;) :nope

Pistons < Spurs
06-15-2005, 09:10 PM
I love Hooper! and we have Mini Hooper too! They are so cute..Don't be ripping on the horses ;) :nope

OMG...........I hate them.......die horsie die

constantstate
06-15-2005, 09:15 PM
holy... thats a horse? :wow

1Parker1
06-15-2005, 09:18 PM
After this series, I am really starting to not like Tayshaun Prince. I don't know how he gets along with the rest of the team. You guys think Tim Duncan shows no emotion and has no personality? I think Prince is worse! He seems like such a party-pooper kind of guy, never gets excited, so sedated, and he could be so much of a better player and defender than he is! I hate seeing good players waste their talent. I know it seems weird that someone could dislike the guy, but he just seems like an oddball. How does he get along with the rest of the team, I'd like to know?

constantstate
06-15-2005, 09:28 PM
1parker1, when i watched the ECF... i was rooting for detroit (cause i hate the "fatdaddy") and everytime i saw tayshaun i'd yell... the mummy's gonna get you snaq... you guys are in trouble now. so i like him just for that.

who has arms that long!?!? seriously. that guy doesnt need a remote when he's watching tv...

1Parker1
06-15-2005, 09:30 PM
:lol Tim Duncan has pretty long arms too....

You DO know what they say about a Man with long arms right.........? ;)

TheTruth
06-15-2005, 09:35 PM
you know you have long arms when you can stand straight up and still scratch your knees

constantstate
06-15-2005, 09:35 PM
:lol Tim Duncan has pretty long arms too....

You DO know what they say about a Man with long arms right.........? ;)
tim duncan does not have tayshaun arms... that dude has the wing span of a condor. and... i dont know what they say about a man with long arms... but if its the same thing they say about a guy with big feet.... eh... then i know what you're talking about :lol

JamStone
06-15-2005, 10:08 PM
CONSTANTSTATE,

Just curiouis, how was Detroit ever like your baby brother? When the Spurs first became a great team and then won in 1999, the Detroit Pistons sucked. And, while the Spurs are an excellent defensive team and better than the Pistons this year, Detroit prove their defensive mettle last year and deserved all of their accolades.

Also, unless it's the national media, the Pistons, the Detroit media, and Piston fans have not used the monicker "TWIN TOWERS" to refer to the Wallace brothers. I have not heard that before. It's "WALLACE X 2." And, by the way, "Twin Towers" was used before D-Rob and Duncan, so it's not San Antonio's either. I'm sure most of you remember Ralph and Hakeem at Houston. That was the first time "Twin Towers" was used as a monicker. So, if anything, San Antonio stole it from Houston.

BACK TO THE TOPIC ...

As an avid NBA fan, I simply love the Spurs. I think Tim Duncan is the best basketball player in the NBA (although I go back and forth with him and Kevin Garnett). I think Tony Parker is probably the fastest player with the basketball ... or at least it's a toss up with him, Iverson, and Jason Kidd. And, I am simply fascinated by the all-out play of Manu Ginobili.

The reason I am irritated at all with the Spurs is BECAUSE THEY ARE SO GOOD. And, add the fact that they are MY TEAM'S opponent in the finals, of course I'm going to be irritated when they are beating my team. I was mad last night because in the first half I thought the Pistons played really well, and yet they were still down 6 after one quarter, and still down at half. I was like "how is San Antonio leading when the Pistons have been controlling the tempo virtually the whole half?!?!" It's irritating when your team outplays their opponent and are still losing. Thankfully for the Pistons, they kept at it and pulled away at the end.

While I really dislike the way Bruce Bowen plays defense, I know if he were on my team, that I would love the way he plays.

I do really dislike Glenn Robinson, and have disliked him for a long time. Part of it is because I went to the University of Michigan and was there when he was at Purdue. And, part of it was the fact that everyone and their mamas was annointed him a future hall of famer even before he played his first NBA game.

Other than that, the irritations with the Spurs isn't really with the Spurs per se. It's with the media who have fallen in love with Manu and Tony Parker and Eva Longoria. It's the fact that the referees were more generous (not conspiracy talk) in the first two games at San Antonio. I do realize Detroit had a very favorable whistle last night, so I'm glad about that.

Maybe the biggest thing that irritates me about the Spurs is that it seems they just get better and better the last few years without spending a lot of money or making big splashes in trades that cost them much. Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili were great draft picks. Devin Brown was a diamond in the rough. Brent Barry signed for much less than Portland offered. Nazr Mohammed was a steal from the Knicks. It's irritating from a non-Spurs fan that San Antonio seem to just keep making the right moves in personnel. Although, I guess as a Detroit fan, Joe Dumars has done a great job too ... Rasheed and McDyess, Prince draft pick, and Arroyo trade (still a steal even though he hasn't been as good as expected).

The short of it ... it's hard to be irritated with the Spurs. Respect.

constantstate
06-15-2005, 10:48 PM
JAMSTONE - i was just pointing out that we're very similar teams, except our current one still has tim from the 99 championship. during that time to 2003 (the last championship) we had to deal with people saying the 99 championship should have had an asterisk on it (phil jackson) and the media not paying any attention to us, even though we've won more games than anyone over the last 8 years. always with defense at the forefront. (mostly because of the small market) but NO ONE got less respect than we did for winning. NO ONE.

then a few years ago... you guys started getting SERIOUS pub for your defense... even though you were in the eastern conference. (no one even mentioned ours) team play? (who ever heard of that before the pistons?) respect... no one respected the pistons (and they made sure every paper printed that)

even in this series... some people in the media were shocked to learn that out of 13 final's games... san antonio had not given up 90 points. until game 3.

but you're right about the twin towers thing. we did kind of steal that from houston. but you can argue that ours was more effective... and later we brought in will purdue and at times we had a tri-tower thing going on. (wow thats old)

im just saying that following basketball... its been great to see the pistons push the right way of playing from the other side... but you guys came second. (little brother) etc... and in my mind you guys got alot better pub!!!!

constantstate
06-15-2005, 10:55 PM
oh and in 2004... every spurs fan that i knew was rooting for detroit. every single one. it wasnt just blind hate for the lakers... it was that they were meeting a TEAM. it was like the perfect gift after a bad kick in the pants.

samikeyp
06-15-2005, 10:58 PM
But more than anything, It'd be the small group of fans that decided it was time to jump ship last night. I still can't believe some of the posts that I read. Just amazed me. But at least now we know who the REAL SA fans are I guess.

you are correct....those who jumped ship...aren't.

Also, unless it's the national media, the Pistons, the Detroit media, and Piston fans have not used the monicker "TWIN TOWERS" to refer to the Wallace brothers. I have not heard that before. It's "WALLACE X 2." And, by the way, "Twin Towers" was used before D-Rob and Duncan, so it's not San Antonio's either. I'm sure most of you remember Ralph and Hakeem at Houston. That was the first time "Twin Towers" was used as a monicker. So, if anything, San Antonio stole it from Houston.

It was that same media who gave it to Robinson and Duncan.

geerussell
06-15-2005, 11:30 PM

They are standing between detroit and a repeat. That's about it. They're a good bunch of guys, well coached with a style of play very similar to the pistons. What's not to like?

theMUHMEshow
06-16-2005, 12:26 AM
I like the Spurs...

I guess the only thing you could say is they are a little soft other then Bowen. I like a team full of hard asses like Indy and Miami...Someone that will knock you on your ass....

SA is soft, just like their CPT

jalbre6
06-16-2005, 12:45 AM
This is a great fucking thread. I started posting here last season and I remember how many people here just loved the Pistons during the Finals, and not just because they beat the fucking Lakers. It's cool to see that real basketball-savvy people (not just wishy-washy media people) think the same way about the Spurs.

JamStone
06-16-2005, 12:49 AM
Oooooooooooooooooh, I got one!!!

It kinda irks me when Tim Duncan is frustrated and then clenchess the ball between arms, with both his forearms high up on his chest, like he's trying to deflate the ball. HAHAHAHAH!!!

Sorry, I just really can't think of anything good ...

But, when Tim does that, that's the closest he ever gets to "showing up a ref" or "whining."

Go Pistons Go!
06-16-2005, 01:02 AM
Good point Jam, that is annoying...it's like he's clutching the ball for dear life

bdubya
06-16-2005, 01:30 AM
Actually, TD hugging the ball looks to me like a statement of ownership, which wouldn't be annoying except that on a pretty regular basis, it's true.

But not tonight....no, not tonight (I hope).

Sense
06-16-2005, 01:48 AM
Oooooooooooooooooh, I got one!!!

It kinda irks me when Tim Duncan is frustrated and then clenchess the ball between arms, with both his forearms high up on his chest, like he's trying to deflate the ball. HAHAHAHAH!!!

Sorry, I just really can't think of anything good ...

But, when Tim does that, that's the closest he ever gets to "showing up a ref" or "whining."

He does that before every game.... every game..

It's nothing against the refs.. it just gets him together..

Stfu.

JamStone
06-16-2005, 02:06 AM
He does that before every game.... every game..

It's nothing against the refs.. it just gets him together..

Stfu.

Sense,

Apparently, you didn't pick up the sarcasm of my "Oooooooooooooooooooh, I got one!" or the fact that I was saying that was irritating in a "tongue and cheek" sort of way.

The fact that that was really the only thing I could bring up that is even remotely irritating was to show that the Spurs ARE NOT irritating at all. But, perhaps you cannot read between the lines, and would much rather jump on a post that seemingly puts down your team and your player ... hence resorting to the very original and extremely creative "Stfu."

Sense
06-16-2005, 02:07 AM
Sense,

Apparently, you didn't pick up the sarcasm of my "Oooooooooooooooooooh, I got one!" or the fact that I was saying that was irritating in a "tongue and cheek" sort of way.

The fact that that was really the only thing I could bring up that is even remotely irritating was to show that the Spurs ARE NOT irritating at all. But, perhaps you cannot read between the lines, and would much rather jump on a post that seemingly puts down your team and your player ... hence resorting to the very original and extremely creative "Stfu."

I don't get sense off many Detroit Pistons fans...

Blame the idiots for that one...

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 08:32 AM

up until that....I had a bunch of respect for you.

I have never gotten the "soft" label. I could understand it when the Spurs had not yet won a title but two titles and the best winning percentage in the four major sports since 1997...sorry it doesn't fly. Just because they won't resort to thuggery doesn't make them soft especially with the kind of defense they play. I guess to be "hard" you have to have more tats than ppg, kids in every city, go into the stands after fans or complain about "not being able to feed my family" To hell with that...I will take gold trophies, over gold "teef" anyday of the week.

HULKAROCK
06-16-2005, 08:34 AM
We don't like the Spurs fans that EXPECT everything handed to them, including the Championship, because some anaylist or some show told them it to be so..

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 08:35 AM
We don't like the Spurs fans that EXPECT everything handed to them, including the Championship, because some anaylist or some show told them it to be so..

Nor should you..I am a Spurs fan and I don't like it....titles have to be earned....we have all had to deal with that with the Lakers over the last few years as well.

Phenomanul
06-16-2005, 08:48 AM

Actually most of the ESPN analysts, though picking the Spurs at around the All-Star break wanted them to lose at every round. Now they don't want to sound stupid and pick against them and look bad again. The only spurs supporter out there, even picking against his own team, was Barkley.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-16-2005, 08:49 AM
To all those knocking Tim, he does have emotions, he just hasn't shown them quite yet in this series. Be careful tonight though because he really feeds off of a hostile crowd. I remember the Seattle series, though the game number escapes me. He tweaked his ankle and went down in a heap. While every San Antonian is holding their breath and running for a rosary to clutch to our chests (although I imagine there were plenty of people doing that already) the fans in Seattle are going nuts, cheering like they just won the fucking Superbowl. Tim stood up very quietly but you could see a major shift in his demeanor, and you just knew, "Something bad is going to happen to Seattle." And then he OWNED for the rest of that game. It's a bum wrap that he's a robot. In reality I think he feeds off of emotion just as much as 'Sheed, he just doesn't get swallowed by it like Wallace does.

SpursWoman
06-16-2005, 08:54 AM

:lmao

Michigan Dawg
06-16-2005, 08:57 AM
I can't think of anything that bugs me about the Spurs. As a whole, they seem to be a hard-working, tough-minded group of players with a great mix of skills and talents.

I would comment on Genobli's overt theatrics when he flops but we have several guys on our team that can ham it up pretty good, too. Just part of the game.

Here's hoping for a consecutive championship for the Pistons but if the Spurs win it all then the game is still represented well by a class act team and city.

HULKAROCK
06-16-2005, 08:57 AM
Actually most of the ESPN analysts, though picking the Spurs at around the All-Star break wanted them to lose at every round. Now they don't want to sound stupid and pick against them and look bad again. The only spurs supporter out there, even picking against his own team, was Barkley.

All I'm saying is, of course, we need to win gm 4. If we do, I think everything goes out the window. I know S/A will still have home court, but the momentum will be in the Pistons favor. Either way we ned to win one on the road. Gm three is what we were used to all year long. Finally..

NoMoneyDown
06-16-2005, 09:00 AM
All I'm saying is, of course, we need to win gm 4. If we do, I think everything goes out the window. I know S/A will still have home court, but the momentum will be in the Pistons favor. Either way we ned to win one on the road. Gm three is what we were used to all year long. Finally..

Yeah, that's what Seattle thought, too.

NoMoneyDown
06-16-2005, 09:02 AM
up until that....I had a bunch of respect for you.

I have never gotten the "soft" label. I could understand it when the Spurs had not yet won a title but two titles and the best winning percentage in the four major sports since 1997...sorry it doesn't fly. Just because they won't resort to thuggery doesn't make them soft especially with the kind of defense they play. I guess to be "hard" you have to have more tats than ppg, kids in every city, go into the stands after fans or complain about "not being able to feed my family" To hell with that...I will take gold trophies, over gold "teef" anyday of the week.

:tu

picnroll
06-16-2005, 09:10 AM
I'm a Spurs' fan and I don't like the way Parker keeps bowling over poor Ben, trying to hurt him. I have FearForFro.

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 09:19 AM
I'm a Spurs' fan and I don't like the way Parker keeps bowling over poor Ben, trying to hurt him. I have FearForFro.

HULKAROCK
06-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Yeah, that's what Seattle thought, too.

Pistons didn't even play their best and still won by 17. Spurs got shut down. Surprise to you? Shouldn't be but of course, you don't follow basketball enough to know the skill set of the Pistons. Expecting a sweep..? All nonsense.. everything's bigger and better in Texas? Maybe the ego's..

SoundTheToll
06-16-2005, 09:55 AM
What's up San An? This is my first post, so I'll introduce myself at the same time. I'm SoundTheToll (or STT). I moderate the Pistons.com boards. Nice to see some great discussions over here. You guys are lucky: you don't have as nearly as many troll/pathetic/immature posters as we do. Anyway....

I don't like the Spurs because:

Manu Ginobili. Hate to beat on a dead horse, but he is a flopper. There is a difference between what he does and what Ben does. Ben moves his feet. He gets position THEN emphasizes the charge. Manu emphasizes without ever getting defensive position. You guys complain about Ben being to big to get those calls, but remember Manu "drew a charge" on Lindsey Hunter, the Pistons smallest player.

I don't mind Bowen. Yeah, he clutches and grabs, but hey they don't call it, so more power to him.

I love Timmy. Don't understand why anyone wouldn't. I was praying he could pull out a miracle at the Games last summer.

To reverse it:

I hate when Sheed gets to unselfish. And I hate that people misunderstand him. Yeah, he gets techs, but rarely does he get T'd up in a bad situation for his team. And he never got tossed this year.

I don't understand why people hate the belts. Sheed gave them as a gift, and really thats it. If it was your team, you'd love it and you know it. :lol

I'm sick of our team bitching about calls. Although, it looks like it may have stopped. Very few complaints about the officials in Game 3 despite the Spurs still getting more calls.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 10:00 AM
Pistons didn't even play their best and still won by 17. Spurs got shut down. Surprise to you? Shouldn't be but of course, you don't follow basketball enough to know the skill set of the Pistons. Expecting a sweep..? All nonsense.. everything's bigger and better in Texas? Maybe the ego's..

and the ignorant, blanket statements continue once again.

IX_Equilibrium
06-16-2005, 10:04 AM

You're definately right about that shit.

picnroll
06-16-2005, 10:06 AM
Manu Ginobili. Hate to beat on a dead horse, but he is a flopper. There is a difference between what he does and what Ben does. Ben moves his feet. He gets position THEN emphasizes the charge. Manu emphasizes without ever getting defensive position. You guys complain about Ben being to big to get those calls, but remember Manu "drew a charge" on Lindsey Hunter, the Pistons smallest player.

Hate to say it SoundtheToll but Ben is one of those defensive players who constantly looks for an opportunity to flop in the post. Has nothing to do with moving his feet. He'll wait until a post player posting him up gives a little bump and then he'll go flying backwards like he's shot out of a canon. A few others do it as bad or worse like Fortson and Evans but Ben's right up there with them. That's why Shaq called him out. Shaq calls out all the floppers like Vlade who use flopping as a BIG part of their post D. Post offensive players have to spend half thier time making moves looking out for Ben's flpos so they don't get taken out on cheap fouls. Malik Rose use to play the same way but finally refs stopped giving him the call. So far Ben has immunity.

IX_Equilibrium
06-16-2005, 10:07 AM
I like the Spurs...

I guess the only thing you could say is they are a little soft other then Bowen. I like a team full of hard asses like Indy and Miami...Someone that will knock you on your ass....

Why do people always say the Spurs are soft? Because we don't have a thugged out team?

Are the Spurs scared of anyone? No

Does any team push the Spurs around? No

Do the Spurs win? Yes

So if someone could seriously back up their reason for calling the Spurs soft, I await your explanation and supporting examples.

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 10:07 AM

A flop is a flop, no matter how you do it. Ben flops and Manu flops.

Remember, Ben drew charges on Tony!! not one, but like 3 :lol

SoundTheToll
06-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Hate to say it SoundtheToll but Ben is one of those defensive players who constantly looks for an opportunity to flop in the post. Has nothing to do with moving his feet. He'll wait until a post player posting him up gives a little bump and then he'll go flying backwards like he's shot out of a canon. A few others do it as bad or worse like Fortson and Evans but Ben's right up there with them. That's why Shaq called him out. Shaq calls out all the floppers like Vlade who use flopping as a BIG part of their post D. Post offensive players have to spend half thier time making moves looking out for Ben's flps sop they don't get taking out on cheap fouls. Malik Rose use to play the same way but finally refs stopped giving him the call. So far Ben has immunity.

I respectfully disagree. Please don't put Ben in the same sentance as Danny Fortson :lol Ben doesn't actcually try to draw charges alot in the post. He'll try to draw them on the perimeter and take advantage of his quickness, and he'll step in front of drivers alot in the lane. However, he doesn't try to draw the charge while playing defense on the post very often. SUre against Shaq he does, but who wouldn't? Ben usually goes for a steal when he's in the post and has a height disadvantage. I would say drawing the charge is option three, after "Steal" and "D-up."

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Please don't put Ben in the same sentance as Danny Fortson

I would have to share that sentiment. Danny Fortson is a worthless piece of shit. Ben Wallace is about as far from that as possible. The dude is a stud and I would love for him to be in Silver and Black.

fekz
06-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Nothing really irritates me about the spurs team, except most of its fans here. they claim to uphold such class, but appear to be epitome of shit. they bash detroit about being thugs, but detroit fans never made a KILL DUNCAN THREAD. If there is anything I don't like about the spurs, its the bland, black and white, cocky, hypocrtical, generic, somber majority of fans that show up to represent them.

20% of fans want to debate basketball. The other 80% of you bitches are too busy reviewing a schematic of the sbc center to blow it up if the spurs lose.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 10:16 AM
20% of fans want to debate basketball. The other 80% of you bitches are too busy reviewing a schematic of the sbc center to blow it up if the spurs lose.

Actually I would say its the opposite 80/20 in favor of good basketball its just that the 20% who troll do it louder. To be fair though...for every Spur fan dropping thug smack...you have a Piston fan dropping smack about the city of SA, Texas or the whole "boring" or "soft" thing. Again...not all Pistons fans...in fact I would say the same 80 to 20 ratio.

JamStone
06-16-2005, 10:17 AM
I don't get sense off many Detroit Pistons fans...

Blame the idiots for that one...

Sense,

I'm blaming YOU. Does that count?

Browns_shadow
06-16-2005, 10:18 AM
Nothing really irritates me about the spurs team, except most of its fans here. they claim to uphold such class, but appear to be epitome of shit. they bash detroit about being thugs, but detroit fans never made a KILL DUNCAN THREAD. If there is anything I don't like about the spurs, its the bland, black and white, cocky, hypocrtical, generic, somber majority of fans that show up to represent them.

:blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 10:20 AM
Fekz does have a point though...there are Spurs fans here ready to slit their wrists when the Spurs lose one game....its just not to the proportions he said.

picnroll
06-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Obviously Ben is vastly superior to Fortson and Fortson is a worse offender than Wallacew on the flop, but to say that Ben is innocent and that Manu isn't is BS. Manu gets hit an accentuates the hit. Ben gets hit by 180 lb Parker and accentuates the hit. And Ben does look for the flop on superior post offensive players like Duncan to try to pin that all important foul on him and he has tagged Duncan with a couple of bogus fouls. What game have you been watching?

JamStone
06-16-2005, 10:39 AM
People talking about this thing about Tony Parker not being able to knock down Ben Wallace is starting to irritate me. Enough already. A smaller person can knock down a bigger person when they have a full head of steam, a running start, and the bigger person is at a stand still position. Think of it this way: a 50 pound dog running at a 150 lb person and jumping on his/her chest could knock that person over even though the person is 3 times the mass. If you're standing still, an object in motion can knock that person back.

Now I'll admit that Ben has "accentuated" or over-acted when falling back, but most charges having some element of acting in it. It doesn't make the call wrong. And, players when defending realize that you have to do that a little in order to get a call from the referees. Manu understands that. Ben understands that. IF Ben tried to take a charge from Tony Parker and just stood still and let Tony Parker bounce off of him, making Parker fall to the ground, losing the ball, and Ben stood completely still unmoved, do you think a referee would give Ben the call? Probably not. That's why you have fall back when trying to take a charge. Again, it doesn't make the call of offensive foul wrong just because the player over emphasized the hit. As Ginobili fans, you all should understand that.

fekz
06-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Actually I would say its the opposite 80/20 in favor of good basketball its just that the 20% who troll do it louder. To be fair though...for every Spur fan dropping thug smack...you have a Piston fan dropping smack about the city of SA, Texas or the whole "boring" or "soft" thing. Again...not all Pistons fans...in fact I would say the same 80 to 20 ratio.

Nah man, Almost everytime I come in here I see piston fans giving spurs respect. I hear shit like "they are a class act" " I hate they are so good". The worst ive seen it from a piston fan was the comments on foreigners, but who knows where that person came from. On the other side we are thugs, we all like kid rock and eminem, we only win by luck or injuries. All this class and credit that people give SA, I've barely seen shit but lame thug and bomb threat talk.

The other thing that pisses me off is the Pistons fans are taking it like bitches while continuing to attempt to show that they aren't thugs to a bunch of cocky fans who have their minds made up. Even going far enough to bash their own team about whining (soundthetoll). Fuck that. Back up your team like SA fans do. If they are gonna dish it out, they better be able to take it, thats all I have to say.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 10:41 AM
People talking about this thing about Tony Parker not being able to knock down Ben Wallace is starting to irritate me. Enough already. A smaller person can knock down a bigger person when they have a full head of steam, a running start, and the bigger person is at a stand still position. Think of it this way: a 50 pound dog running at a 150 lb person and jumping on his/her chest could knock that person over even though the person is 3 times the mass. If you're standing still, an object in motion can knock that person back.

very true....but it doesn't mean Ben didn't flop.

fekz
06-16-2005, 10:42 AM
:blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah

yeah, I kinda expected you would have nothing else to say. Don't you troll on the pistons.com board?

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-16-2005, 10:49 AM
. And Ben does look for the flop on superior post offensive players like Duncan to try to pin that all important foul on him and he has tagged Duncan with a couple of bogus fouls. What game have you been watching?

Okay, it's been a long time since I've followed basketball closely, and decades since I played, but isn't that part of the game???? I don't care who you play for, getting the other team in foul trouble is part of the mission.
The only thing that frustrates me is looking for the foul rather than taking the shot.

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 10:49 AM
Nah man, Almost everytime I come in here I see piston fans giving spurs respect. I hear shit like "they are a class act" " I hate they are so good". The worst ive seen it from a piston fan was the comments on foreigners, but who knows where that person came from. On the other side we are thugs, we all like kid rock and eminem, we only win by luck or injuries. All this class and credit that people give SA, I've barely seen shit but lame thug and bomb threat talk.

The other thing that pisses me off is the Pistons fans are taking it like bitches while continuing to attempt to show that they aren't thugs to a bunch of cocky fans who have their minds made up. Even going far enough to bash their own team about whining (soundthetoll). Fuck that. Back up your team like SA fans do. If they are gonna dish it out, they better be able to take it, thats all I have to say.

settle down grasshopper. It's just a message board. Don't commit suicide or anything like that. :lol

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 10:50 AM

I have always backed my team and probably for a lot longer than you have your so don't go there. I have been beind the Spurs since 1974 and have never waivered. I will say this again since I guess you missed it before or just chose not to read it. The majority of the Pistons fans who have come in here have been cool...just like the majority of Spurs fans in here are going to be cool to fans of other teams. Both sides are going to have jerks. Since you have come to a Spurs board...there are going to be a lot more Spurs fans than anything else so while the percentages will the same....the actual number will be higher. Not all Piston fans have not been all class either....instead of talking basketball....we get "Manu is gay" threads or "T-bot" smack or worse yet things like "laptops on your horses" or "all you do is shoot six guns, chop cactus and shovel shit" remarks. The thug smack and brawl smack is out of line but so are those remarks about horses and shoveling shit as well. You even called me an asshole in your first thread when all I had done was say good things about Rasheed Wallace.....Not all the Spurs fans here have been hospitable...but not all the Pistons fans are innocent either.

JamStone
06-16-2005, 10:52 AM
very true....but it doesn't mean Ben didn't flop.

I didn't get into the debate whether Ben flopped or not with Tony Parker. I just counter-argued the contention that "Tony Parker CANNOT physically knock Ben Wallace down."

I'm saying yes he can.

Flopping is certainly an element in taking charges, depending how you define "flopping." It seems to me that flopping infers that there was no actual offensive foul that took place. So, if that's how you define it, I would argue that Ben DID NOT flop.

But if you mean flopping as in over-acting and over-emphasizing the offensive foul to make it look worse than it was, then yes I'd agree that Ben has flopped in taking some charges.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 10:54 AM
I didn't get into the debate whether Ben flopped or not with Tony Parker. I just counter-argued the contention that "Tony Parker CANNOT physically knock Ben Wallace down."

I know...I was agreeing with you.

JamStone
06-16-2005, 10:54 AM
I have always backed my team and probably for a lot longer than you have your so don't go there. I have been beind the Spurs since 1974 and have never waivered. I will say this again since I guess you missed it before or just chose not to read it. The majority of the Pistons fans who have come in here have been cool...just like the majority of Spurs fans in here are going to be cool to fans of other teams. Both sides are going to have jerks. Since you have come to a Spurs board...there are going to be a lot more Spurs fans than anything else so while the percentages will the same....the actual number will be higher. Not all Piston fans have not been all class either....instead of talking basketball....we get "Manu is gay" threads or "T-bot" smack or worse yet things like "laptops on your horses" or "all you do is shoot six guns, chop cactus and shovel shit" remarks. The thug smack and brawl smack is out of line but so are those remarks about horses and shoveling shit as well. You even called me an asshole in your first thread when all I had done was say good things about Rasheed Wallace.....Not all the Spurs fans here have been hospitable...but not all the Pistons fans are innocent either.

Are you guys really arguing about whose fans suck more when they make posts in an internet message board???

That's so cute ...

Kori Ellis
06-16-2005, 10:58 AM
Nah man, Almost everytime I come in here I see piston fans giving spurs respect. I hear shit like "they are a class act" " I hate they are so good". The worst ive seen it from a piston fan was the comments on foreigners, but who knows where that person came from. On the other side we are thugs, we all like kid rock and eminem, we only win by luck or injuries.

Well apparently you missed all the Pistons fans calling Tony a "french faggot" and saying Manu sucks Tim's dick and all the other crap that posted after Game 3. So don't think that all the Pistons fans are respectful here just because I deleted it out.

Your team got in a fight this season, Rasheed gets a lot of techs -- thus the thug talk.
One of your fans called in a bomb threat -- thus the bombing talk.

If you think 80% of what is posted here is just trash and not basketball talk, then go back to the Pistons board. This board is the best on the net for basketball talk. But if you think that a small group of Pistons fans is going to come here and trash talk the Spurs and a small group of Spurs fans isn't going to say anything back, then you are a nut.

All this class and credit that people give SA, I've barely seen shit but lame thug and bomb threat talk.

Here's a quote from you.

Class is overated and overemphasized by those who don't even have it.

So apparently you don't care about class. So stop bringing it up.

Browns_shadow
06-16-2005, 10:59 AM
yeah, I kinda expected you would have nothing else to say. Don't you troll on the pistons.com board?
Chillout Francis, maybe you should switch to decaf.

WayDowntownBang
06-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Well, I'm back to work for another 7 hours, so I'm hoping to keep posting today.

Soooooooo much to get back into the swing. You can't leave this board for 20 minutes and not get bombarded with new messages, so I'm not even going to try and read this whole thread.

Piston fans, Spurs fans, radiator fans.

Some are good posters, some are bad posters, and some are just pure morons that make your city look bad. You pick the good apples, make applesauce of the bad ones, and shit out the rest.

There's no use trying to debate which city has the best fans, give me a break. We're all the same, with different zip codes.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Are you guys really arguing about whose fans suck more when they make posts in an internet message board???

That's so cute ...

need something to do....i'm bored at work! :)

Isiah
06-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Hey Kori, Nice board you run here...

Just wanted to correct one thing though, the fan that called in the bomb threat, actually was not a Pistons fan, he said he actually hates them, I can't remember if he even liked basketball...What a nut job, either way....

fekz
06-16-2005, 11:48 AM
Well apparently you missed all the Pistons fans calling Tony a "french faggot" and saying Manu sucks Tim's dick and all the other crap that posted after Game 3. So don't think that all the Pistons fans are respectful here just because I deleted it out.

Your team got in a fight this season, Rasheed gets a lot of techs -- thus the thug talk.
One of your fans called in a bomb threat -- thus the bombing talk.

If you think 80% of what is posted here is just trash and not basketball talk, then go back to the Pistons board. This board is the best on the net for basketball talk. But if you think that a small group of Pistons fans is going to come here and trash talk the Spurs and a small group of Spurs fans isn't going to say anything back, then you are a nut.

Here's a quote from you.

So apparently you don't care about class. So stop bringing it up.

Notice I said by those who don't even have it. Don't try to twist my words from another post that was referring specifically to those complaining about "class" who dont have it themselves. The san antonio spurs fans pride themselves on "class" it seems, but it obviously isnt on display. From anyone. Yet it's overemphasized by that same group of people who call our team thugs, and all kinds of other shit. Those same people want to kill amare and beat up their own players. Basically what Im saying is, put up or shut the fuck up.

I'll go back to the pistons board, it's nothing to me. I thought there would be respectful discussions, but this place is more like an angry ass pleasantville. Keep your "best basketball on the net" discussions laced with hatred and racism, stereotypes and generalizations. Your board can kiss my black ass honesty, Kori Ellis. if this is what you call the best best basketball discussions on the net, I guess I better look elsewhere.

Pistons in 7 bitches. You want shitty attitudes? You have them. Don't bother replying with some half witted smart response, I won't be back to see it. To those who had the decency to talk basketball, great. To the rest, fuck you.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Keep your "best basketball on the net" discussions laced with hatred and racism, stereotypes and generalizations

most of which were from two Pistons fans.

Have a nice day.

WayDowntownBang
06-16-2005, 11:52 AM
To the rest, fuck you.

Immaturity. Please don't try and represent Detroit. You're embarassing me.

constantstate
06-16-2005, 11:55 AM
*raising hand*

that was kinda irritating...

Kori Ellis
06-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Notice I said by those who don't even have it. Don't try to twist my words from another post that was referring specifically to those complaining about "class" who dont have it themselves. The san antonio spurs fans pride themselves on "class" it seems, but it obviously isnt on display. From anyone. Yet it's overemphasized by that same group of people who call our team thugs, and all kinds of other shit. Those same people want to kill amare and beat up their own players. Basically what Im saying is, put up or shut the fuck up.

I'll go back to the pistons board, it's nothing to me. I thought there would be respectful discussions, but this place is more like an angry ass pleasantville. Keep your "best basketball on the net" discussions laced with hatred and racism, stereotypes and generalizations. Your board can kiss my black ass honesty, Kori Ellis. if this is what you call the best best basketball discussions on the net, I guess I better look elsewhere.

Pistons in 7 bitches. You want shitty attitudes? You have them. Don't bother replying with some half witted smart response, I won't be back to see it. To those who had the decency to talk basketball, great. To the rest, fuck you.

Notice how you didn't address anything I said unless it was on your agenda. Spurs fans aren't saints, but it was Pistons fans who pulled out the race card repeatedly over the last few days with the weak Mexican/wetback smack. And then you have to bring up that you are black, who cares? So are a lot of other people on this board, it doesn't give you a license to act like an ass or accuse people of hatred or racism. Go look at the race of my husband (timvp) who also runs this board and then tell me again how this board is racist. :rolleyes

Pistons fans are welcomed here, but they weren't invited here for a cup of tea. And if you expect absolutely no smack talk about your team, then this is the wrong place for you.

Have fun on your Pistons board. Don't strain yourself reading all of the 50 posts that are posted there each day.

:princess