PDA

View Full Version : Serious question for Big 12 fans

JayTheClown
11-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Why is the Big 12 adding West Virginia? I mean as far as I know the Big 12 has no conference network. Whats the point of adding a West Virginia when they might as well added a Houston or Boise State. Both of these schools are in the "Big 12 region", and are both ranked higher then West Virgina right now.

Just seems stupid to me. Only thing West Virgina offers the other Big 12 schools is larger traveling costs.

Or maybe its something I'm missing.

Please explain

leemajors
11-06-2011, 12:55 PM
WV also has a quality hoops program?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-06-2011, 01:17 PM
leemajors, with the subtle "Put an end to a really retarded question/thread" goods

JayTheClown
11-06-2011, 05:32 PM
leemajors, with the subtle "Put an end to a really retarded question/thread" goods

Why is this question retarded? Whats the answer?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Um did you not read his post? WV has a quality hoops and football program. Houston and Boise have good footballs programs and jack shit.

JayTheClown
11-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Um did you not read his post? WV has a quality hoops and football program. Houston and Boise have good footballs programs and jack shit.

Who gives a fuck about basketball. this realignment has nothing to do with basketball. So you mean to tell me the Big 12 officials decided to add WV because they have a decent basketball program? OK, why did they add TCU then?

Blake
11-06-2011, 06:59 PM
West virginia is just bigger and better than boise st in most ways.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Who gives a fuck about basketball. this realignment has nothing to do with basketball. So you mean to tell me the Big 12 officials decided to add WV because they have a decent basketball program?
Yeah actually I do, that and the fact they also have a football program that's regularly a top 25 team while Houston is having a fluke season. To act like Houston has a better football program than WV is wildly retarded.

For Boise State, there's a reason no major conference wants anything to do with them. They bring no other competitive sports teams, bring no additional revenue, and the football program they bring could fall apart instantly if Chris Petersen decides to leave.

JayTheClown
11-06-2011, 07:06 PM
West virginia is just bigger and better than boise st in most ways.

How? because they have a decent basketball program? Who gives a fuck? Why does the Big 12 care if the school they add is even relevant. They have no conference network and will never be able to have a conference network. Hell, add Tulane, SMU, UTEP, New Mexico, Memphis why not. I'm sure the Big 12 would be able to keep AQ status or whatever. Why go all out of the way and get WV?

JayTheClown
11-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Question: If the BIG 12 added any of the two teams your talking about would the BIG 12 be able to keep AQ status?

JayTheClown
11-06-2011, 07:14 PM
And dont tell me because bowl games and BCS games garner money. Cause WV will never see a BCS game ever again.

vander
11-06-2011, 07:15 PM
all that matters are TV sets apparently, conferences will say things about academics, but that's just for show. BSU has only the 112th largest TV market at present, but that's on the rise I tell you hwat.

and even for the academic lip service, BSU just got couple new Doctoral programs. BSU's on the rise, Pac 12 and Big 12- looking backwards instead of forwards

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Pac-12 isn't looking either forwards or backwards, they're more than content with what they have right now.

JayTheClown
11-06-2011, 07:21 PM
all that matters are TV sets apparently, conferences will say things about academics, but that's just for show. BSU has only the 112th largest TV market at present, but that's on the rise I tell you hwat.

and even for the academic lip service, BSU just got couple new Doctoral programs. BSU's on the rise, Pac 12 and Big 12- looking backwards instead of forwards

The Big 12 has no TV Network. Only Texas has a TV Network. Currently Oklahoma wants a TV Network to, but is unlikely to receive one. No one in their right minds would give them a network after the LHN debacle going on right now. TV sets shouldn't be in the discussion. The talk of academics was thrown the door the minute they added WV.

vander
11-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Pac-12 isn't looking either forwards or backwards, they're more than content with what they have right now.

talking about when they invited Utah and Colorado

ChumpDumper
11-06-2011, 07:53 PM
talking about when they invited Utah and ColoradoThey are both better than Boise State.

vander
11-06-2011, 08:33 PM
They are both better than Boise State.

soon to be were

ChumpDumper
11-06-2011, 08:44 PM
soon to be wereIn what way?

vander
11-06-2011, 08:47 PM
in what way are they better then BSU now?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-06-2011, 08:54 PM
TV market tbh (and with the Pac-12 network that's a big deal).

Also, Utah isn't BSU, but they've had a good program that's won a BSC bowl game recently and they also are a respectable basketball school. Colorado's program is in horrible shape but the potential is there with its tradition and history.

ChumpDumper
11-06-2011, 11:17 PM
in what way are they better then BSU now?Are you serious?

vander
11-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Are you serious?

:lol

elbamba
11-07-2011, 10:28 AM
The Big 12 knows that BSU would be a 6 win team in its conference. BSU is smart to go to the only automatic bid conference in the country where it can compete, the Big East. I guess they could probably compete in the ACC.

West Virginia will probably be a 7-8 win team. They will be a step lower than tech but higher than Baylor/ISU/KU.

leemajors
11-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Who gives a fuck about basketball. this realignment has nothing to do with basketball. So you mean to tell me the Big 12 officials decided to add WV because they have a decent basketball program? OK, why did they add TCU then?

Mizzou and A&M were quality hoops teams that always had a great chance to make the tourney, and now they are gone. Adding WV is a smart move in that respect, and they have a decent football team. Football is the big dog in the NCAA but solid tourney teams are nothing to laugh at.

stretch
11-07-2011, 11:37 AM
in what way are they better then BSU now?

the fact that they are not in idaho