PDA

View Full Version : manu getting to big of a head?

ducks
06-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Last night Ginobli indicated that maybe having a couple of big games, he's gotten swept up with all of the attention and it's kind of distracted him. You, having been on this stage, do you see a chance where maybe you'll say something to him to calm him down and bring him back to earth?

this was a question directed to duncan from wedensday media day practice

I rember people bashing tp when that happened to him when he was playing kidd. Why is no one bashing manu about that this year? Or they think it was because of the injury?

waiting for the manu lovers to bash me
I hope manu can handle the hype. I want him to win the mvp award over duncan. I think he would get more calls next year if he does.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 04:38 PM
ugh, hurry up thursday and get here

i dont doubt manu yet. way too early to tell.

nkdlunch
06-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Last night Ginobli indicated that maybe having a couple of big games, he's gotten swept up with all of the attention and it's kind of distracted him.

IF he admitted to that, that's proof he is not getting a big head

MadDog73
06-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Just curious, when was the last time Manu had a 7 point game?

Anyone?

Kori Ellis
06-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Just curious, when was the last time Manu had an 7 point game?

Anyone?

He had games of only 10 points and 13 points in the Sonics series.

He had only 3 points against Minny late in the regular season.

MadDog73
06-15-2005, 04:49 PM
He had games of only 10 points and 13 points in the Sonics series.

He had only 3 points against Minny late in the regular season.

How did he respond the game after? Or, was the 13 pt. game after the 10 pt. game?

Kori Ellis
06-15-2005, 04:52 PM
The 10 point game was in Game 1 of the Seattle series. He had 28 in Game 2. The 13 point game was Game 6 of the Sonics series -- the next game was against Phoenix and he had 20.

MadDog73
06-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Hmmm. If I had to make a prediction, I say the Spurs win tomorrow (Manu going off) and then Spurs lose on Sunday as Pistons regroup.

EDIT: Thanks, Kori! :D

Sek-cMan
06-15-2005, 05:30 PM
I would imagine Manu by now has gotten over him self. He was familiar with popularity coming from Europe. Manu in my opinion has far too much concern for the game at hand to be stuck on him self. Big head? no , but damn ...the nose ..hehe

mcornelio
06-15-2005, 05:37 PM
he got more popularity in italy and it never affected him... im sure even if that was what affected him he will be back in full force... thursday needs to hurry up

beirmeistr
06-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Manu does not have an ego problem.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-15-2005, 07:41 PM
Last night Ginobli indicated that maybe having a couple of big games, he's gotten swept up with all of the attention and it's kind of distracted him. You, having been on this stage, do you see a chance where maybe you'll say something to him to calm him down and bring him back to earth?

this was a question directed to duncan from wedensday media day practice

I rember people bashing tp when that happened to him when he was playing kidd. Why is no one bashing manu about that this year? Or they think it was because of the injury?

waiting for the manu lovers to bash me
I hope manu can handle the hype. I want him to win the mvp award over duncan. I think he would get more calls next year if he does.
Always a TP vs Manu thing with you Ducks, you're pathetic

boutons
06-15-2005, 07:52 PM
I gave up on the Stoopid Canard.
He went from just stupid to being really annoying, not meriting my reading his shit.
Plonked him this week.

SpursFanDan
06-15-2005, 08:08 PM
IF he admitted to that, that's proof he is not getting a big head

That pretty much kills this topic, because thats what I was thinking.

ducks
06-15-2005, 08:11 PM
I gave up on the Stoopid Canard.
He went from just stupid to being really annoying, not meriting my reading his shit.
Plonked him this week.
I just copied and pasted quotes from the media

mrcoon29
06-15-2005, 08:30 PM
The way I heard him was that he & the Spurs work really hard during the day with practice and watching film. So, when his day is over he would really just like to go home and relax..that he isn't into all this media attention. He wishes that they would just go away.
That was the impression I got from the media interview after the game. Did he say something different today?? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/cliddle/Emotes/Scratch-Head.gif

angel_luv
06-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Manu is fearless. It goes way beyond being in his head; it is who he is.

smeagol
06-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Always a TP vs Manu thing with you Ducks, you're pathetic
What he said.