PDA

View Full Version : Women Comes Forward Publicly Accusing Cain of Harrassment

FuzzyLumpkins
11-07-2011, 06:30 PM
For the first time, leading presidential contender Herman Cain faces allegations of sexual harassment by a woman who has come out publicly.
Related stories

In a press conference Monday in New York City, Sharon Bialek of Chicago claimed that in July 1997, Cain made aggressive sexual moves toward her after she approached him for help in finding employment. She says she did not file a harassment complaint at the time, nor does she plan to take any legal action against him now.

Ms. Bialek is the fourth woman to make sexual harassment claims against Cain – a front-runner for the GOP presidential nomination – but she is the first to voice her allegations in public. Celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred, who said she was contacted by Bialek, stood beside her.

“I’m coming forward to give a face and a voice to those women who cannot or for whatever reason do not wish to come forward,” said Bialek, speaking at the Friars Club in New York. She said she was also speaking out “on behalf of all women who are sexually harassed in the workplace but do not come out of fear of retaliation or public humiliation.”

The Cain campaign denied Bialek’s allegations.

“All allegations of harassment against Mr. Cain are completely false,” said campaign spokesman J.D. Gordon in a statement. “Mr. Cain has never harassed anyone. Fortunately the American people will not allow Mr. Cain’s bold '9-9-9 Plan,' clear foreign policy vision, and plans for energy independence to be overshadowed by these bogus attacks.”

Cain has held on to his front-runner status despite past allegations of sexual harassment that broke on Oct. 31 on the news site Politico.com. In those cases, alleging harassment in the late 1990s, when Cain ran the National Restaurant Association, the two women involved received paid settlements. Last week the Associated Press said a third woman was also claiming Cain made sexually suggestive remarks and gestures when she worked for the restaurant group, but she did not file a claim.

None of the three women were willing to come forward publicly to discuss their claims.

Now a fourth woman has stepped forward and spoken out. The question is, How will the public – particularly Republican voters, who begin their nomination process in less than two months – perceive her credibility?

Even though Cain remains in the lead in most national and key statewide polls taken since the Politico story broke, his public favorability has declined. A Reuters/Ipsos poll released Sunday showed that Cain’s favorability had dropped 9 points among Republican voters in the past week, from 66 percent to 57 percent.

The poll also found that a majority of all registered voters – 53 percent – believe the harassment allegations against Cain are true. But among Republicans, only 39 percent believe they are accurate.

In her press statement, Bialek, who calls herself a full-time single mom, described a scene in which Cain touched her aggressively and positioned her toward a sexual act.

"I said, 'What are you doing?'" Bialek alleged. "You know I have a boyfriend. This isn't what I came here for."

According to Bialek, Cain answered, "You want a job, right?"

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Elections/President/2011/1107/Herman-Cain-accuser-How-credible-is-Sharon-Bialek

clambake
11-07-2011, 06:40 PM
why hasn't he sued for slander?

Cry Havoc
11-07-2011, 06:46 PM
These allegations don't really bother me. If Cain had handled them competently I think his support might have increased. What worries me is how incredibly poorly he and his staff have bungled refuting these allegations, even opting to deny that they have ever existed in the first place. Between that and his inane fiscal ideas, it's sad to think that's he's even a candidate for President at this point.

Cry Havoc
11-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Hi Kori! :D

ElNono
11-07-2011, 06:48 PM
why hasn't he sued for slander?

Maybe there's a transcript! You know, what some people consider 'sexual positions' doesn't mean they're always sexual positions...

Cry Havoc
11-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Maybe there's a transcript! You know, what some people consider 'sexual positions' doesn't mean they're always sexual positions...

Well, it all makes sense now. He proposed the same sexual plan for her as he did financially for the US. 9-9-9. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a Human Centipede madman here. You want a job? You have to take my shit and eat it.

ElNono
11-07-2011, 07:30 PM
9-6-9! The new economic orgy!

clambake
11-07-2011, 07:42 PM
this should be pretty easy if its a lie. i can't believe a lawsuit hasn't already been filed.

Kori Ellis
11-07-2011, 07:49 PM
It's going to be another election where Americans go into vote and try to pick who they think is the best of the worst. Isn't it embarrassing that there's no decent candidate?

CosmicCowboy
11-07-2011, 07:54 PM
I realize I am looking at this through skeptical "red' glasses, but the story doesn't add up to me...they had a nice dinner...several drinks and conversation...they are headed back to the suite (that he supposedly upgraded her to over the room she had booked) and everything smells like a classy seduction attempt...

THEN

He pulls off on the side of the road and with absolutely no foreplay tries to force her head into his lap to give him a blow job in the car?

WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE DO THAT WHEN HE HAS PLENTY OF TIME AND A LUXURY SUITE, IN ROOM BAR, ETC, TO MAKE HIS MOVE JUST MINUTES LATER?

4>0rings
11-07-2011, 07:56 PM
It's going to be another election where Americans go into vote and try to pick who they think is the best of the worst. Isn't it embarrassing that there's no decent candidate?

Cause it's almost impossible to have someone in politics with a pristine social life record with no wrong doings. There is no perfect person!

PublicOption
11-07-2011, 07:58 PM
I realize I am looking at this through skeptical "red' glasses, but the story doesn't add up to me...they had a nice dinner...drinks and conversation...they are headed back to the suite (that he supposedly upgraded her to over the room she had booked) and everything smells like a classy seduction attempt...

THEN

He pulls off on the side of the road and with absolutely no foreplay tries to force her head into his lap to give him a blow job in the car?

WHY THE FUCK WOULD HE DO THAT WHEN HE HAS PLENTY OF TIME AND A LUXURY SUITE, IN ROOM BAR, ETC, TO MAKE HIS MOVE JUST MINUTES LATER?

dude, cain is a dipshit
he should have gone to the room and wined and dined her a little more. because of his shoddy decision making he should not be the prez....sorry.

PublicOption
11-07-2011, 07:59 PM
I would have tried to kiss her first.....see if she was at least into me, then I would have went for the pussy.

what an idiot. Black nerds are the uncoolest.

clambake
11-07-2011, 08:00 PM
I realize I am looking at this through skeptical "red' glasses, but the story doesn't add up to me...they had a nice dinner...several drinks and conversation...they are headed back to the suite (that he supposedly upgraded her to over the room she had booked) and everything smells like a classy seduction attempt...

THEN

so......where is the slander lawsuit?

FuzzyLumpkins
11-07-2011, 08:10 PM

THEN

You think he was just going to leave it at the car? I don't know about you but if I think a date is going well I will move in the restaurant and not even wait to get to the car. That would have been the first time he had her alone. Maybe he just read her wrong.

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/on-politics/2011/11/07/bialek%20x-large.jpg

Shes not a troll and 14 years ago I am going to go out on a limb and say she was better looking then.

Its 4 women now.

clambake
11-07-2011, 08:16 PM
hey, she was looking for some kind of job.....and so was he!

clambake
11-07-2011, 08:23 PM
he should have acted presidential and told the public it was "prid pro quo".

CuckingFunt
11-07-2011, 08:40 PM

THEN

Clearly you've never been on a date with a man. Y'all do dumb shit, sometimes.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-07-2011, 09:22 PM
In order to have a chance at being president in this country, you need to be/do the following:

A Christian who regularly attends Church and believes in the bible
Slob on the military's knob and pretend they do nothing wrong
You can't come off as too smart or the Religious right will demonize you as an egg headed elitist
think the average American is a hard working smart individual when the average American is dumb and lazy

Not much of a surprise that the smartest and best people in this country have no interest in being president.

CosmicCowboy
11-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Clearly you've never been on a date with a man. Y'all do dumb shit, sometimes.

You need to upgrade your selections in men then assuming you have the goods to back it up as claimed.

Cry Havoc
11-07-2011, 09:51 PM

Arrogance? Perception of immunity? Come on, CC, this isn't difficult.

ElNono
11-07-2011, 10:27 PM
As Lebron would say... not 1, not 2, not 3... 4

baseline bum
11-07-2011, 10:40 PM
As Lebron would say... not 1, not 2, not 3... 4

Bad example since Cain can deliver on it.

Destro
11-07-2011, 11:44 PM
I believe the girl. It sounds like Cain was being a drunk and power fueled horn-dog who thought he could wine and dine a hot girl into a BJ. I don't think blatant quid pro quo happens like this in 2011 the way it did back then. People know there are consequences for those types of interactions nowadays. In 2011 the Bj for a job is probably a little more subtle.

Keep in mind, she said Cain stopped as soon as she said "no". But he did stick his hand up her skirt toward her crotch seemingly out of nowhere. Everyone knows that you don't do that uninvited. On the other hand, an after hours dinner after a man upgrades your hotel room screams "i'm trying to screw you". She could have been trying to flirt her way into a job...maybe it worked a little too well.

They both sound like jackasses to me. Cain for the creepy crouch grab and her for not setting boundaries after Cain upgraded her hotel room.

Politicians are dirty bastards

ElNono
11-08-2011, 12:12 AM

:lol

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 03:38 AM
Well, it all makes sense now. He proposed the same sexual plan for her as he did financially for the US. 9-9-9. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a Human Centipede madman here. You want a job? You have to take my shit and eat it.
Maybe it's the 696?

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 03:40 AM
In 30 minutes or less?

Oh wait...

that's Dominoes.

Das Texan
11-08-2011, 09:49 AM
She is only looking for publicity. If this was such an issue, she would have come out with this years ago. I mean look at the fucking lawyer she has for further proof of the seeking publicity.

DarrinS
11-08-2011, 10:02 AM
This victim of sexual assault sought Cain out at a Tea Party event and hugged him? Something doesn't add up.

http://www.suntimes.com/8592168-417/sneed-witness-says-cain-accuser-hugged-him-during-tea-party-meeting-a-month-ago.html

boutons_deux
11-08-2011, 10:12 AM
"she was asking for it"

"if she doesn't want to be attacked, she shouldn't try to be good looking"

"boys will be boys (and all wimmen are sluts dying to be fncked)"

ad nauseam, as the usual defenses of men's sexual attacks roll out.

There are too many "she saids" to believe his "he saids". Repugs attacked Clinton, but defend their sexual predator.

Cain'tEscapeIt is pretty stupid, saying even his wife Cain't believe he was capable of Other-Women's-Genitals groping. :lol She'd be the last to know, or "believe".

DarrinS
11-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Repugs attacked Clinton, but defend their sexual predator.

You think Clinton is a sexual predator? :lol

By the way, DNA trumps "she said's".

boutons_deux
11-08-2011, 10:56 AM
sure, Clinton obviously was a skirt chaser. Sorta comes with the egocentric power-chaser personality.

AFBlue
11-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Cain's initial reaction on Jimmy Kimmel was total denial, so his press conference this afternoon will be interesting. I don't expect him to say anything other than he's innocent, but I wonder if he'll even acknowledge the meeting.

clambake
11-08-2011, 11:21 AM
there is nothing tea baggers hate more than the thought of a black man on white woman.

Winehole23
11-08-2011, 11:32 AM
This victim of sexual assault sought Cain out at a Tea Party event and hugged him? Something doesn't add up.

http://www.suntimes.com/8592168-417/sneed-witness-says-cain-accuser-hugged-him-during-tea-party-meeting-a-month-ago.htmlVictims of sexual harassment, like their aggressors, are logically consistent without fail..

Winehole23
11-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Liking and admiring one's attacker, is an impossibility. It's never happened before.

101A
11-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Taking a poll.

Do any people believe BOTH this girl AND Paula Jones.

Or does anyone believe the stories from both of the Men (Bill Clinton and Hermann Cain) involved in each of those women's tales?

If you believe one and not the other; do your political views, or party affiliation, align with the man you DO believe?

I figure the last premise is going to be accurate for over 90% of posters and Americans. You all suck. This is a pointless, ridiculous exorcize. What ever did, or didn't happen is impossible to know; and anyone's opinion of it will be clouded by their tribal membership. Allred, after all, took THIS case, but was nowhere to be found for Paula Jones.

clambake
11-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Taking a poll.

yes

boutons_deux
11-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Dick Morris ‘looking forward’ to seeing Cain’s accuser naked in Playboy

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/fox_hannity_morris_bialek_111108c-615x345.jpg

====

You Stay Classy, Repugs

Winehole23
11-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Taking a poll.

Or does anyone believe the stories from both of the Men (Bill Clinton and Hermann Cain) involved in each of those women's tales?

If you believe one and not the other; do your political views, or party affiliation, align with the man you DO believe?

I figure the last premise is going to be accurate for over 90% of posters and Americans. You all suck. This is a pointless, ridiculous exorcize. What ever did, or didn't happen is impossible to know; and anyone's opinion of it will be clouded by their tribal membership. Allred, after all, took THIS case, but was nowhere to be found for Paula Jones.I don't find Cain believable, and that has nothing to do with tribal membership -- I didn't find Clinton believable either.

boutons_deux
11-08-2011, 11:55 AM
New York Post Columnist Smears Cain Accuser As "Shameless" Gold Digging "Tart"

From Peyser's "Jobless & Shameless Gal Going For Gold" column [emphasis added]

Sharon Bialek is 50, out of work and, according to one who knows her, she's a smooth operator living way above her means. From the look of her heavily painted face, she's also soon to be in acute need of a new tub of eyeliner.

Peyser then quoted a vague, nameless source (i.e. "someone who knows Bialek"), who promptly trashed the woman as a freeloader:

According to someone who knows Bialek: "She has a very infectious personality. It's easy to see how she won [Cain] over. But the reality of her situation is -- she's a complete gold digger. It's all about the money."

The friend said she comes from a lower-middle-income family, but lives in a posh apartment running from bill collectors. "Most of her jobs ended in termination. It's always the employer's fault, not hers.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201111080007?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MediaMattersForAmerica-CountyFair+%28Media+Matters+for+America+-+County+Fair%29

==========

Murdoch's shit is always classy. He knows what sells.

boutons_deux
11-08-2011, 11:57 AM
the VRWC (Mellon Scaife) bribed Paula Jones to come out against Clinton, covering her legal expenses.

What Dems/liberal/union bribed Bialek?

boutons_deux
11-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Herman Cain Slams Accuser For...Having Financial Difficulties?

: The accuser, Sharon Bialek, can't be trusted because she went broke a couple times. As spokesman J.D. Gordon argued in a statement, "his opponents convinced a woman with a long history of financial difficulties, including personal bankruptcy, to falsely accuse the Republican frontrunner of events occurring over a decade ago for which there is no record, nor was there ever even a complaint filed."

========

So, a woman with financial difficulties is fair game for sexual predators, because her "she said" is easily discounted by his "he said".

Warlord23
11-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Taking a poll.

I figure the last premise is going to be accurate for over 90% of posters and Americans. You all suck. This is a pointless, ridiculous exorcize. What ever did, or didn't happen is impossible to know; and anyone's opinion of it will be clouded by their tribal membership. Allred, after all, took THIS case, but was nowhere to be found for Paula Jones.

I thought Clinton was lying, and I think Cain is lying.

Having said that, lying about personal matters is not a major factor for me in evaluating a candidate. IMO many politicians (including Obama) lie about being devout Christians - given their levels of education, it is very likely that a significant % of them are atheists. But declaring oneself as an atheist is political suicide in America, so they all lie. Just like Cain is lying/covering up because this will end up costing him votes.

So Cain lying about personal matters doesn't disqualify him in my view. What does disqualify him is the fact that he is a complete idiot who doesn't understand issues such as pro-life vs pro-choice, separation of church and state, the basics of foreign policy, etc.

ElNono
11-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Taking a poll.

Not sure if this answers your question, but I didn't believe Clinton (or Edwards) one iota either.

Winehole23
11-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Neither man tells a straight tale, both have been hounded by a steady drip of accusations. In my opinion the former is more telling and more unforgivable.

101A
11-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Wow. Didn't think so many would line up with disbelieving EITHER man. The charges, ultimately, didn't fatally would Clinton. Will it be different for Cain?

Spurminator
11-08-2011, 12:20 PM
I honestly couldn't care less about any of this.

ElNono
11-08-2011, 12:21 PM
tbh, if it's just this woman, I would be severely more skeptic. But you're talking other 3 documented payoffs of hush money for arguably the same "crime".

101A
11-08-2011, 12:23 PM
So Cain lying about personal matters doesn't disqualify him in my view. What does disqualify him is the fact that he is a complete idiot who doesn't understand issues such as pro-life vs pro-choice, separation of church and state, the basics of foreign policy, etc.

Separation of Church and State? Just curious, to what are you referring? I obviously missed something.

101A
11-08-2011, 12:24 PM
tbh, if it's just this woman, I would be severely more skeptic. But you're talking other 3 documented payoffs of hush money for arguably the same "crime".

None have come forward; except the one where there is no payoff. And THAT one lives in Axelrod's building?

ElNono
11-08-2011, 12:30 PM
None have come forward; except the one where there is no payoff. And THAT one lives in Axelrod's building?

At least one of them signed an NDA as part of the payoff. That doesn't mean the allegations were not there, and money was not exchanged.

We went from "that never happened", to "I don't recall signing a settlement", to "That was a long time ago"... come on. I won't hold him guilty of anything if a judge didn't, but don't tell me the allegations were not there.

101A
11-08-2011, 12:34 PM
You're right, just playin Devil's advocate; where there's smoke, etc....

Winehole23
11-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Wow. Didn't think so many would line up with disbelieving EITHER man. The charges, ultimately, didn't fatally would Clinton. Will it be different for Cain?Yes.

Cain's tiny war chest, puny campaign organization and total lack of political experience, put together with these allegations, are probably enough to sink him.

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 01:04 PM

http://www.suntimes.com/8592168-417/sneed-witness-says-cain-accuser-hugged-him-during-tea-party-meeting-a-month-ago.html

Like I said, they possibly already had consensual intimate contact in the past.

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 01:06 PM
there is nothing tea baggers hate more than the thought of a black man on white woman.
You sure are a prejudice shithead to believe such things. Maybe you are seeing your own racism in others?

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 01:10 PM
I see.

Business entities never settle when when they or their people are innocent.

Aren't you on record someplace as saying it is often cheaper to settle than go to court, even when you are innocent?

CosmicCowboy
11-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Taking a poll.

I believe that Cain and Clinton both fucked around on their wives. Do I believe their accusers story to be the EXACT truth?

No.

That, and the ridiculously expanded definition of "inappropriate behavior" create a huge amount of smoke with very little fire.

Asking a woman to dinner now can be construed as a sexual advance...

Huh?

I just don't get that...

ElNono
11-08-2011, 01:25 PM
I see.

Business entities never settle when when they or their people are innocent.

Aren't you on record someplace as saying it is often cheaper to settle than go to court, even when you are innocent?

Nope. That was you. Cost shouldn't be an excuse for a multi-millionaire that's seeking a political career. I mean, it's a no-brainer.

And BTW, I never said he's guilty of anything, actually, said the opposite. I just stated you can't tell me the allegations were not there. We're assessing credibility, not guilt.

Winehole23
11-08-2011, 01:25 PM
@CC: You misrepesent the latest story, in which the lady asked out to dinner admits not knowing Cain's intentions. She has not accused him of anything improper.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/67819.html

CosmicCowboy
11-08-2011, 01:26 PM
You misrepesent the latest story, in which the lady asked out to dinner admits not knowing Cain's intentions. She has not accused him of anything improper.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/67819.html

There is a 5th accuser now.

She is accusing him of asking her out to dinner "which made her uncomfortable".

Winehole23
11-08-2011, 01:28 PM
You should read the link instead of repeating what someone else said about it.

CosmicCowboy
11-08-2011, 01:30 PM
That's the story I was referring to. It was a dinner invitation. That's news?

Winehole23
11-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Nope. But for the fact Politico ran it, it isn't.

CosmicCowboy
11-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Nope. That was you. Cost shouldn't be an excuse for a multi-millionaire that's seeking a political career. I mean, it's a no-brainer.

And BTW, I never said he's guilty of anything, actually, said the opposite. I just stated you can't tell me the allegations were not there. We're assessing credibility, not guilt.

I settled a totally frivolous lawsuit from a woman who accused me of slander for $10,000 about 10 years ago...I was totally innocent but it was the smart thing for me to do from a business standpoint.

ElNono
11-08-2011, 01:43 PM
I settled a totally frivolous lawsuit from a woman who accused me of slander for $10,000 about 10 years ago...I was totally innocent but it was the smart thing for me to do from a business standpoint.

Do you expect that to come out if you're running for office?

Again, if it's just one incident or even maybe two, I'll be skeptic. But when you're talking 4 allegations of the same thing, do you really expect me not to question your credibility? Especially after you deny it ever happened and then you change your tune?

Winehole23
11-08-2011, 01:43 PM
@CC: Obviously it is just the same with the three women the NRA paid off to be quiet.

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 01:45 PM

Again, if it's just one incident or even maybe two, I'll be skeptic. But when you're talking 4 allegations of the same thing, do you really expect me not to question your credibility? Especially after you deny it ever happened and then you change your tune?
I can't help but wonder.

If four years ago, Obama had four women making these claims, would the democrats be crying it was a racist setup?

I didn't know Cain was accused of having dinner with the other three and moving his hand up their thigh, and acting like a teenager ion a date.

hitmanyr2k
11-08-2011, 01:45 PM

You're asking Republican supporters to be logical? :lol

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm surprised nobody responded to my comment of this fourth woman having a 13 year old son, and this encounter was 1997. Wouldn't that be something if he was Cain's son?

101A
11-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Asking a woman to dinner now can be construed as a sexual advance...

Huh?

I just don't get that...

O/T:

I have a teenage daughter. I guarandamntee you that if a boy asks her to dinner that's exactly how I construe it.

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 01:51 PM
O/T:

I have a teenage daughter. I guarandamntee you that if a boy asks her to dinner that's exactly how I construe it.
I have two daughters. My youngest will be 24 in February.

hitmanyr2k
11-08-2011, 01:51 PM
I can't help but wonder.

If four years ago, Obama had four women making these claims, would the democrats be crying it was a racist setup?

It's not about Obama. And if Obama had four women making claims during his campaign I'm sure people would have used some common sense and said something wasn't right. Then Hilary would have no doubt whooped his ass in the primaries. One or two women you could give Cain the benefit of the doubt but four is just too much to ignore...especially seeing the way an idiot like Cain has handled all this shit.

Winehole23
11-08-2011, 01:54 PM
The third woman is obviously a lying lib with knives out for republicans:

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/11/08/110811-news-cain-accuser-1-3/

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 01:57 PM
The third woman is obviously a lying lib with knives out for republicans:

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/11/08/110811-news-cain-accuser-1-3/
LOL...

A journalist who doesn't make something up?

Give me a break.

LOL'...

LOL./..

LOL.../

Warlord23
11-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Separation of Church and State? Just curious, to what are you referring? I obviously missed something.

It wasn't exactly about church/state separation, it was more about freedom of religion.

He supported a town in Tennessee that wanted to ban the construction of a mosque, and tried to make an argument that the plan to build the mosque was "an infringement and an abuse of our freedom of religion".

Behold the sheer stupidity of his argument: building the mosque is the infringement on religious freedom, not banning the mosque

ElNono
11-08-2011, 02:07 PM
I can't help but wonder.

Sure you could help it. You just won't though and that makes for great comedy, tbh...

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Sure you could help it. You just won't though and that makes for great comedy, tbh...
Sorry, I have a very active mind. I'm often an insomniac, not able to sleep because my mind is always on.

ElNono
11-08-2011, 02:08 PM

I think his credibility would be in shambles. I don't think party has much to do with it. Don't know if you noticed the question 101A asked and the responses he received.

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 02:12 PM
I think his credibility would be in shambles. I don't think party has much to do with it. Don't know if you noticed the question 101A asked and the responses he received.
Do you mean the "girl" and Paula Jones one?

One is 20/20 with hindsight. The other isn't. Apples and oranges at this point.

If that's not it, I can't think of what you mean off the top on my head.

ElNono
11-08-2011, 02:16 PM

You're still missing the point. We're assessing credibility, not guilt.

clambake
11-08-2011, 02:19 PM
You sure are a prejudice shithead to believe such things. Maybe you are seeing your own racism in others?

I can't help but wonder.

lol self owned

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 02:24 PM
You're still missing the point. We're assessing credibility, not guilt.
And what have we seen in the line of credibility so far?

I cannot recall the details that far back on the Jones case. Besides, I never worried about such an issue. I don't even remember if her case was ever considered credible. Just because Lewinski had a consensual affair, doesn't mean Clinton propositioned Jones either.

If you recall, I am on record in these forums stating at least twice now, that I didn't care about Clinton's private life, and only disliked his politics. I find it funny, that effectively, the same mindset of people who believe in personal liberties, are using these allegations. There are still no tangible facts.

By now, I'll bet a journalist has contacted the Hilton to verify if Cain upgraded her room. Anyone see the news on that yet?

LnGrrrR
11-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Like I said, they possibly already had consensual intimate contact in the past.

That really is here nor there when it comes to this claim.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2011, 02:36 PM
LOL...

A journalist who doesn't make something up?

Give me a break.

LOL'...

LOL./..

LOL.../What are you saying is made up here?

You're saying all journalists make stuff up?

You have constantly made stuff up in this thread.

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 02:42 PM
That really is here nor there when it comes to this claim.
Allegations are true or not. They cause speculation on our part which too, is true or not. i try to see the possibilities, and I'm only pointing some out.

hitmanyr2k
11-08-2011, 02:46 PM
By now, I'll bet a journalist has contacted the Hilton to verify if Cain upgraded her room. Anyone see the news on that yet?

This is what I don't understand. Fuck waiting for journalists. If I were seriously running for the highest office in the United States I would've had my people investigating and getting the facts the moment I heard her bullshit story or any of the other women making claims. I would have all my ducks in a row for the press conference to shoot down every last detail that I could and make her look like the liar she is....if she was actually being untruthful. If she's being truthful then what the fuck can he do except deny it?

ElNono
11-08-2011, 03:00 PM
And what have we seen in the line of credibility so far?

Already clearly stated previously in the thread. Everyone can see what they want to see.

boutons_deux
11-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Wash. Times, Fox Still Baselessly Suggesting Top Chicago Dems Are Behind The Cain Leak

After Fox News' Chris Wallace dismissed an anonymous claim, reported by The Washington Times' Kerry Picket, that Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel was behind the sexual harassment allegations against Herman Cain, Picket is back at it again with help from the Fox Nation.

Picket reported a claim by an anonymous source that Emanuel likely leaked the story about sexual harassment allegations against Cain:

Herman Cain's campaign is revealing suspicions about who is behind the story regarding the former unidentified employees who accused Mr. Cain of sexual harassment in the late 1990's.

According to a source who is friends with the Cain campaign, not only is the Rick Perry campaign involved but also the Mayor of Chicago and former Obama White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel is likely involved with the sexual harassment accuser attacks. A friend of the Cain campaign believes a National Restaurant Association (NRA) employee out of the Chicago office leaked the story to the Perry campaign via information and influence from Mayor Rahm Emanuel's office.

When asked about Picket's report, Wallace said it "seems really thin." Wallace also suggested it doesn't make sense that Emanuel would leak the story, because it would not benefit Obama, whereas leaking it in "September or October of 2012" would. Nevertheless, right-wing media, including Fox, hyped the anonymously sourced claim about Emanuel to cast doubt on the allegations.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201111080019?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MediaMattersForAmerica-CountyFair+%28Media+Matters+for+America+-+County+Fair%29

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Wash. Times, Fox Still Baselessly Suggesting Top Chicago Dems Are Behind The Cain Leak

After Fox News' Chris Wallace dismissed an anonymous claim, reported by The Washington Times' Kerry Picket, that Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel was behind the sexual harassment allegations against Herman Cain, Picket is back at it again with help from the Fox Nation.

Picket reported a claim by an anonymous source that Emanuel likely leaked the story about sexual harassment allegations against Cain:

Herman Cain's campaign is revealing suspicions about who is behind the story regarding the former unidentified employees who accused Mr. Cain of sexual harassment in the late 1990's.

According to a source who is friends with the Cain campaign, not only is the Rick Perry campaign involved but also the Mayor of Chicago and former Obama White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel is likely involved with the sexual harassment accuser attacks. A friend of the Cain campaign believes a National Restaurant Association (NRA) employee out of the Chicago office leaked the story to the Perry campaign via information and influence from Mayor Rahm Emanuel's office.

When asked about Picket's report, Wallace said it "seems really thin." Wallace also suggested it doesn't make sense that Emanuel would leak the story, because it would not benefit Obama, whereas leaking it in "September or October of 2012" would. Nevertheless, right-wing media, including Fox, hyped the anonymously sourced claim about Emanuel to cast doubt on the allegations.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201111080019?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MediaMattersForAmerica-CountyFair+%28Media+Matters+for+America+-+County+Fair%29
Wasn't that same news posted a couple ago?

Stringer_Bell
11-08-2011, 04:01 PM
This is a hi-tech lynching through the media. Why is the MSM so scared of Cain? He's an idiot and has no chance of winning anyway, no reason to drag him through the mud by parading out a bunch of ugly white women.

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 04:08 PM
This is a hi-tech lynching through the media. Why is the MSM so scared of Cain? He's an idiot and has no chance of winning anyway, no reason to drag him through the mud by parading out a bunch of ugly white women.
They both do have at least one unattractive attribute, don't they. Makes me wonder if they are doing this out of spite because maybe Cain blew off their advances.

How many times have we seen in high school, when a woman shuns a guy, he makes up a story calling her a whore. How many times have we seen when a woman is shunned, she cries rape.

Not saying that is what happened, just that is is another possibility.

clambake
11-08-2011, 04:10 PM
They both do have at least one unattractive attribute, don't they. Makes me wonder if they are doing this out of spite because maybe Cain blew off their advances.

How many times have we seen in high school, when a woman shuns a guy, he makes up a story calling her a whore. How many times have we seen when a woman is shunned, she cries rape.

yep.....they got paid. happens all the time lol

FuzzyLumpkins
11-08-2011, 04:44 PM
WC you need to realize that you are not helping Cain's case in the public view. You are just mentally vomiting excuses into this thread. How about you consider the possibilities that one of these women is actually telling the truth.

The truth is important don't you think?

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 05:07 PM
WC you need to realize that you are not helping Cain's case in the public view. You are just mentally vomiting excuses into this thread. How about you consider the possibilities that one of these women is actually telling the truth.

The truth is important don't you think?
I have considered the possibility they are telling the truth. have you ever seen me say they were lying? the closest you will find is my comment about the former journalist. which is in effect, are we suppose to believe her because of journalistic integrity? I still didn't say she way lying, and am open to possibility Cain really did these things. I just don't buy I yet.

Do I think the truth is important? Depends on the topic and timeline.

If we are going to judge an alleged act done in 1997, then we need to judge it by those standards. Not today's. Unless there is far more proof than still offered to date, it's just a "he said she said."

Tell me. Has a journalist dig up the records yet showing Cain upgraded her room?

FuzzyLumpkins
11-08-2011, 05:10 PM
All i see is you putting forth every scenario that creates an excuse or exoneration for Herman Cain and no scenarios where he may be culpable.

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 05:14 PM
All i see is you putting forth every scenario that creates an excuse or exoneration for Herman Cain and no scenarios where he may be culpable.

Really...

Did I not throw out the idea of the fact the 4th accuser has a 13 year old son, and this is a 1997 allegation? Do the math.

I have said a few other things that would not look good for Cain.

I am showing the possibilities I don't see other people expressing. There is plenty of accusations saying he has done wrong, and i never said it didn't happen. I don't need to add to that pile. It's already there.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-08-2011, 05:28 PM
This is also considered sexual harasment by some:

http://data5.blog.de/media/301/3672301_26b7795db1_m.jpg

It seems to me... and yes, I could be wrong... that Cain is not being taken out by facts, so fiction may be the tool to take him out.

So he pulled a high school date stunt. As soon as she indicated she didn't want such contact, he backed off... Right or wrong, by her account?

Hmmm...

So, "toward my genitals," without touching them, is contact?

Wow... You consider that a misdemeanor?

Look, if this is true, it was definitely a classless move. Something I expect more than half the people here would do with a chick date in a car.

Don't forget I have said I generally either spoil my vote on a third party, or vote republican. The reason is I cannot stand most democrats because most democrats are liberals.

I am not pro republican.

I am anti democrat.

That was not sexual contact.

OK, I can accept some of that. However, let your bias go for a minute, and think outside the box, of the "what ifs."

One example.

What if these two had an affair some time earlier. Maybe moths ago, maybe years. What if they already knew each other intimately in the past. Maybe, from how she describes the events, Cain heard:

1) I'm coming to see you.

2) I have a hotel at the Hilton.

3) Where do you want to meet?

Now Cain upgrades the room, expecting a sexual encounter. Wines and dines her, then parks to make sure if he's wrong, he doesn't make a scene in public.

Do you think this is plausible?

As for an alleged misdemeanor...

Cain caught Jaywalking... News at 11...

Equal by law, right? If a candidate ever was ticketed for jaywalking, should that be the end of his candicy?

Also, back to 1997, what ever law you find today, was it even such a law, or viewed the same in 1997?

If that's not it, I can't think of what you mean off the top on my head.

Really...

Did I not throw out the idea of the fact the 4th accuser has a 13 year old son, and this is a 1997 allegation? Do the math.

I am showing the possibilities I don't see other people expressing. There is plenty of accusations saying he has done wrong, and i never said it didn't happen. I don't need to add to that pile. It's already there.

This is also considered sexual harasment by some:

http://data5.blog.de/media/301/3672301_26b7795db1_m.jpg

It seems to me... and yes, I could be wrong... that Cain is not being taken out by facts, so fiction may be the tool to take him out.

So he pulled a high school date stunt. As soon as she indicated she didn't want such contact, he backed off... Right or wrong, by her account?

Hmmm...

So, "toward my genitals," without touching them, is contact?

Wow... You consider that a misdemeanor?

Look, if this is true, it was definitely a classless move. Something I expect more than half the people here would do with a chick date in a car.

Don't forget I have said I generally either spoil my vote on a third party, or vote republican. The reason is I cannot stand most democrats because most democrats are liberals.

I am not pro republican.

I am anti democrat.

That was not sexual contact.

OK, I can accept some of that. However, let your bias go for a minute, and think outside the box, of the "what ifs."

One example.

What if these two had an affair some time earlier. Maybe moths ago, maybe years. What if they already knew each other intimately in the past. Maybe, from how she describes the events, Cain heard:

1) I'm coming to see you.

2) I have a hotel at the Hilton.

3) Where do you want to meet?

Now Cain upgrades the room, expecting a sexual encounter. Wines and dines her, then parks to make sure if he's wrong, he doesn't make a scene in public.

Do you think this is plausible?

As for an alleged misdemeanor...

Cain caught Jaywalking... News at 11...

Equal by law, right? If a candidate ever was ticketed for jaywalking, should that be the end of his candicy?

Also, back to 1997, what ever law you find today, was it even such a law, or viewed the same in 1997?

You have absolutely no interest in the truth whatsoever.

Winehole23
11-08-2011, 05:30 PM
But plenty in muddying the waters. Pettifoggery would be WC's forte if he was any good at it.

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Fuzzy... Are you stalking me?

Cry Havoc
11-08-2011, 05:35 PM

Really...

You can't claim to be even the slightest bit objective when you make a post like the former comment here.

Of course, everyone else on the forum with any logical sense knows your games by now, so it's not shocking at all. Saying, "Oh I'm just throwing out ideas" does not suddenly give you impartiality.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Fuzzy... Are you stalking me?

Don't flatter yourself. I just have a very strong conviction for the truth and an equally strong conviction against those that try and muddy it. You are the latter.

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 05:36 PM
You can't claim to be even the slightest bit objective when you make a post like the former comment here.

Of course, everyone else on the forum with any logical sense knows your games by now, so it's not shocking at all.
One can be open minded but still have an opinion of how the facts will fall.

Wild Cobra
11-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Don't flatter yourself. I just have a very strong conviction for the truth and an equally strong conviction against those that try and muddy it. You are the latter.
I see.

Anything that shows a possible scenario that doesn't agree with you, is muddying the water.

Thanks for the clarification.

You should explore the world outside that box you live in. It's pretty big.

clambake
11-08-2011, 05:42 PM
this guy just got suckered. shits about to hit the fan.

Cry Havoc
11-08-2011, 05:42 PM
One can be open minded but still have an opinion of how the facts will fall.

:lmao

Winehole23
11-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Open minded, with a bias. If contradictory, that is at least honest.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I see.

Anything that shows a possible scenario that doesn't agree with you, is muddying the water.

Thanks for the clarification.

Quit being coy. We can all read your quotes from before. All the scenarios you lay out have a single commonality of either an excuse of exoneration of Cain. Youre a fucking shill, WC and its plain for all to see.

Winehole23
11-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I think the admission, if it is that, is commendable. We're all biased, but few ever concede it.

EVAY
11-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Cain has now blamed Perry AND the democrats for all this stuff.

At what point does he decide that he should have had these things figured out before he announced he was a candidate for the presidency?

Don't you think that is why people like Dubya and Chris Christie didn't (won't) run until these sorts of skeletons are fixed somehow?

EVAY
11-08-2011, 06:18 PM
I don't mean to imply that Bush did or Christie does have any sex - related skeletons in their respective closets. I just mean that Bush made sure that his records from his
Air Force reserve days were taken care of before he announced...and that Christie seems to be making sure that whatEVER his issues are, they will be addressed before he gets in the ring.

Cry Havoc
11-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Just out of curiosity, WC, have you ever changed your mind about anything in the history of this forum? Have you ever once decided, "You know what? I was wrong."

Cause I sure haven't seen it.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2011, 06:56 PM
OK, Cain said in his presser that he never met or even heard of Bialek. So if there is any evidence of their knowing each other, he's in trouble.

I'd be fine seeing either Cain or Allred being shit on this time around. Either way is a win in my book.

ploto
11-08-2011, 07:30 PM
OK, Cain said in his presser that he never met or even heard of Bialek. So if there is any evidence of their knowing each other, he's in trouble.

That is what seemed so dumb about his claim. Would have made more sense to deny her claim but not deny they ever crossed paths.

Then again, this is the same guy who claimed no allegations were ever made against him, but then he suddenly remembered!

CuckingFunt
11-08-2011, 08:02 PM

Pretty big difference between calling someone a name and saying someone raped you.

And while it's completely tangential to anything having to do with the allegations against Cain, I will admit to having my interest piqued by how readily you tossed out the example of a shunned woman crying rape as a response to unrequited love. And even more so by your suggestion that such a reaction is commonplace. How many times have YOU seen that happen? I'm genuinely curious.

(Is there more to this pesky flag lot story we haven't heard?)

ChumpDumper
11-08-2011, 08:03 PM
That flaglot whore doesn't know what she's missing.

ElNono
11-08-2011, 08:05 PM

:lmao

clambake
11-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Pretty big difference between calling someone a name and saying someone raped you.

And while it's completely tangential to anything having to do with the allegations against Cain, I will admit to having my interest piqued by how readily you tossed out the example of a shunned woman crying rape as a response to unrequited love. And even more so by your suggestion that such a reaction is commonplace. How many times have YOU seen that happen? I'm genuinely curious.

bravo :toast

LnGrrrR
11-09-2011, 12:48 AM
Do I think the truth is important? Depends on the topic and timeline.

A truer WC statement was never uttered.

LnGrrrR
11-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Guys, what if Cain is actually a serial killer, and these ladies are just the ones that got away? If you're unbiased, you'll admit it's a possibility.
/wc

LnGrrrR
11-09-2011, 12:51 AM
Just out of curiosity, WC, have you ever changed your mind about anything in the history of this forum? Have you ever once decided, "You know what? I was wrong."

I got him to admit error in a thread, after five pages of argumentation where it became bleedingly obvious. I believe it was about the President's ability to perform some action under the Constitution.

LnGrrrR
11-09-2011, 12:53 AM

Perhaps it's close to the same amount of black people he's heard that blame whitey for their predicament.

CosmicCowboy
11-09-2011, 12:59 AM
Cain is cooked.

The press conference today was the killer.

His denial of ever meeting the woman or recognizing her name just doesn't pass the smell test.

Give it up WC...he's now making an ass of you as well as himself.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-09-2011, 01:08 AM
She said

RgGADCEzDPk

He said

BmzgdU0pRdg

hitmanyr2k
11-09-2011, 02:01 AM
Cain is cooked.

His denial of ever meeting the woman or recognizing her name just doesn't pass the smell test.

Bialek isn't going to be the one to kill Cain. She has no proof (so far), a salty enough past and can be cast as an opportunist by Cain's campaign.

Karen Kraushaar speaking out is going to kill Cain. That lady has a good career, a family, never really wanted to go public (until she was outed), has copies of her settlement and all allegations made (which she can talk about since the NRA waived the confidentiality agreement) and she's a registered Republican. She really has nothing to gain from this and can't be painted as an opportunist like Bialek.

Wild Cobra
11-09-2011, 03:40 AM
Open minded, with a bias. If contradictory, that is at least honest.
Thanx.

We all have perceived thoughts of a situation. I simply do not believe he did what is implied. That doesn't mean I am 100% firm that he is innocent. I recognize I am not a deity and could be wrong.

I could take the racial statistics of this, bow it out of proportion, and say, yep, that's a typical black man. There seems to be little typical about the man though.

think about it. Of the two woman that came forward, one was with him at an event embracing him like a close friend, the other is a former journalist.

Sorry, but this is still laughable in my view. Show me something more concrete, and you will find I'm not as hard headed as you think.

Wild Cobra
11-09-2011, 03:42 AM
Cain has now blamed Perry AND the democrats for all this stuff.

At what point does he decide that he should have had these things figured out before he announced he was a candidate for the presidency?

Don't you think that is why people like Dubya and Chris Christie didn't (won't) run until these sorts of skeletons are fixed somehow?
From what I heard of the claim, Cain thinks Perry started it because Perry has a former associate working for him that knew of the past incidents.

Wild Cobra
11-09-2011, 03:42 AM

Yes I have. I don't recall what it was about, but I know I have a few times.

Wild Cobra
11-09-2011, 03:50 AM

I have seen an incident back in high school of a girl being called a whore for refusing to go all the way with a guy. Now I cannot say with absolute certainty, but the pieces added up that way. I have not seen an example of a woman crying rape for being shunned, but have heard of a situation.

We're talking so many years ago. There have also been situations in movies showing similar things. Of course they are fictional events, but so many times these events are based on true stories.

Take it however you want. Not worth spending much time on. I brought it up hoping people would reflect of deceptions they have seen others pull over time, pulled themselves, or got caught up in as the victim.

I have not been mixed up in such issues, for your answer to your size one text.

Wild Cobra
11-09-2011, 03:51 AM
Wow...

I really doubt she was anything like a whore.

Chump just being Chump again, huh?

Wild Cobra
11-09-2011, 03:53 AM
A truer WC statement was never uttered.
Wow...

How about keeping the context of that statement, or should I start believing you have no integrity?

Wild Cobra
11-09-2011, 03:54 AM
Guys, what if Cain is actually a serial killer, and these ladies are just the ones that got away? If you're unbiased, you'll admit it's a possibility.
/wc
LOL...

Been watching shows like Dexter by chance?

Wild Cobra
11-09-2011, 03:57 AM
Cain is cooked.

Haven't seen or heard anything on that yet. just got home from work about 45 minutes ago, and don't have television stations. Stopped watching TV long ago except on a rare occasion, so I cut my expenses.

LnGrrrR
11-09-2011, 05:08 AM
Wow...

How about keeping the context of that statement, or should I start believing you have no integrity?

I think that the statement stands fairly on its own. I don't think much has changed when it comes to sexual harassment/infidelity from the early 90's to today.

Wild Cobra
11-09-2011, 05:20 AM
I think that the statement stands fairly on its own. I don't think much has changed when it comes to sexual harassment/infidelity from the early 90's to today.
The perception and definitions kept changing, especially in the military late 80's.

scott
11-09-2011, 09:48 AM

Like a world where you might have to interact with black people?

boutons_deux
11-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Bully: Limbaugh Repeatedly Attacks Cain Accuser's 13-Year-Old Son

Using the power of his top-rated, nationally syndicated Clear Channel radio show, Rush Limbaugh on Tuesday repeatedly turned his AM wrath on a schoolboy and portrayed the 13 year-old as a villain in the Herman Cain sexual harassment saga.

A schoolboy.

Limbaugh even likened the young teenager to a Nazi storm trooper.

What prompted Limbaugh bizarre outbursts? It was news that single mom Sharon Bialek had sat down with her son and told him about the encounter she alleges to have had with Cain thirteen years ago, and that her son then urged her to come forward and make her claim publicly. Limbaugh was enraged that a mother talked to her son about a pressing family matter, and that her son offered guidance.

From that innocuous premise, Limbaugh attacked the boy as a wannabe Nazi "brownshirt."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201111090004?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MediaMattersForAmerica-CountyFair+%28Media+Matters+for+America+-+County+Fair%29

=======

That's how opinion-makers and thought-dictators roll in conservative hate-media universe.