PDA

View Full Version : TMobile

Blake
11-08-2011, 12:08 PM
They are now severely limiting internet service when turning on the mobile hotspot from android phones.

I can still go to simple websites, but when I try to go to something that requires excess data like Youtube, I get sent to a TMobile website that tells me if I want to tether my phone to my laptop that I will need to start paying an extra $14.99 a month for it.

Fuckin a.

Trainwreck2100
11-08-2011, 12:12 PM
You rooted?

Blake
11-08-2011, 02:38 PM
You rooted?

you mean landline? no.

DannyT
11-09-2011, 10:12 PM
anyone got a phone thats better than a my touch 4g for t mobile? Or a phone that can be flashed to work on t mobile?

mavs>spurs
11-09-2011, 11:12 PM
lol mcdonald's and tmobile, fuck your life tbh. what you should start doing is getting up and cooking yourself some eggs or pancakes or something in the morning before work, then switching to ATT when you get home.

Blake
11-09-2011, 11:34 PM
lol mcdonald's and tmobile, fuck your life tbh. what you should start doing is getting up and cooking yourself some eggs or pancakes or something in the morning before work, then switching to ATT when you get home.

lmao McD's oatmeal and coffee is great and cheap when Im in a hurry and it's better nutrionally than eggs and pancakes.

what's the incentive to switch now to ATT?

mavs>spurs
11-09-2011, 11:37 PM
for one they don't charge extra to watch youtube, and for 2 i have way less dropped calls and bad signals than i ever had with t-mobile. i was with tmobile for about 5 years so unless it's changed drastically since about 09, then yeah ATT has been much better for us. ATT phone service is good, ATT internet, that's another story now..

Blake
11-09-2011, 11:46 PM
what's the best droid plan that ATT has?

mavs>spurs
11-09-2011, 11:47 PM
couldn't help you at all there, i'm not much of a tech geek at all myself. i know how to use the computer for what i need it to do and how to operate my own phone, but that's about it..

Venti Quattro
11-09-2011, 11:56 PM
T-Mobile sucksPERIOD

Blake
11-10-2011, 12:02 AM
TMobile does have poorer coverage and more dropped calls than my Sprint work phone.

My phone has full internet. I just noticed this week that TMobile suddenly decided they could charge extra for the mobile hotspot provided by my phone.

Still under contract so unless it's just an incredible offer I can't refuse, I'm going to have to stay TMobile. Just venting about the extra fees that popped up if I want to continue keeping the same service.

Wild Cobra
11-10-2011, 03:47 AM
They are now severely limiting internet service when turning on the mobile hotspot from android phones.

I can still go to simple websites, but when I try to go to something that requires excess data like Youtube, I get sent to a TMobile website that tells me if I want to tether my phone to my laptop that I will need to start paying an extra $14.99 a month for it.

Fuckin a.
That doesn't happen to me at home, on my own wireless. Maybe the Hot-Spot provider is doing that, to limit the number of cell phones clogging up their bandwidth...

703 Spurz
11-10-2011, 12:26 PM
I'd switch to T-Mobile if they offered the chance to fuck their spokeswoman

http://www.classyhands.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/TMobileGirl.jpg

DMC
11-10-2011, 12:34 PM
lmao McD's oatmeal and coffee is great and cheap when Im in a hurry and it's better nutrionally than eggs and pancakes.

what's the incentive to switch now to ATT?
I had a breakfast taco from there last weekend and I was surprised it was decent. I expected reconstituted tortillas.

DMC
11-10-2011, 12:37 PM
I get decent coverage from Sprint, but a couple years ago they shitcanned the tethering to PCs. You would have to hack it to get it to work again, and every time I would, our IT would just push their normal shit back to it. Fortunately they sent us the 4G wireless things and it's a non issue now.