PDA

View Full Version : Lastnight was the worst night ever!

Brandon361
06-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Well to start things off, i am from Beeville which is about 80miles south of SA, and im a huge spurs fan watch every game go to many playoff games well i read about the SBC center being opend for fans to watch game 3, so me and 5 friends head up to SA and get to the SBC center, and when we get there they have the doors locked and there is hundreads of people really mad and i thought that was shitty how they over ticketed that thing, so im stuck with my friend that drove an hour and a half for nothing so we go to HOoters, that place was packed we pretty much drove around half the game trying to find a place to just watch the game and have a few cold ones, i wish i woulda know about the GTG, me and my friends woulda gladly gone to watch the game on the bigscreen, we endedup going to a guys house that we didn't know and watch it on his TV, but it was allready the 4th quater and we played like shit, then to make things worst after the game we would like to go to TacoBell, and go inside, everything in SA closes there Lobbys at 12 how gay is that.... so it was pretty much a big disapointment!!!!

GOSPURSGO

maxpower
06-15-2005, 06:38 PM
welcome...and that is too bad. ..it seems it was one of those nights where what can go wrong went wrong. Heard people were lining up for the sbc center at 1 pm.
Never underestimate the length the bato population goes for free stuff.

AlamoSpursFan
06-15-2005, 06:45 PM
then to make things worst after the game we would like to go to TacoBell, and go inside, everything in SA closes there Lobbys at 12 how gay is that.... so it was pretty much a big disapointment!!!!

GOSPURSGO

Beeville being, of course, the small town that never sleeps...

:rolleyes

boutons
06-15-2005, 06:55 PM
damn, that really sucks.

BeeVillagers are the Greatest!!! :)

I drove all the way to Laredo from SA withou a ticket last Oct to see Spurs@Rockets pre-game, and ended up watching a monitor through the exterior glass door. :)

Was SBC fullup 18K seats, or was there some lower limit?

Nice way for HEB to screwup their 100th anniversary year public relations.

Tim should boycott endorsing any more stupidass HEB commercials. :)

beirmeistr
06-15-2005, 08:03 PM
damn, that really sucks.

BeeVillagers are the Greatest!!! :)

I drove all the way to Laredo from SA withou a ticket last Oct to see Spurs@Rockets pre-game, and ended up watching a monitor through the exterior glass door. :)

Was SBC fullup 18K seats, or was there some lower limit?

Nice way for HEB to screwup their 100th anniversary year public relations.

Tim should boycott endorsing any more stupidass HEB commercials. :)
Boutons,
I saw that game in Laredo. That was the game Yao either fell or bumped elbows---anyway he hurt his elbow.

boutons
06-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Was that the night where Rasho just about broke Yao's arm, and had Yao wearig an elbow sleeve for weeks ?

Rasho is such a doan-get-no-respek beast!

Kori Ellis
06-15-2005, 09:43 PM
I heard less than 5,000 people were there. Why were the doors locked?

Vashner
06-15-2005, 09:48 PM
We have to close the lobby's at night with food places else they will get jacked at gunpoint. :)
Little side effect of the big city...
Steve Brown on Ksat showed some video of a packed SBC last night. He said 20k where inside...

Mark in Austin
06-15-2005, 11:08 PM
I wonder how much the Spurs made on parking and concessions for game three?

"Watch Game 3 Free."

My Ass.

Kori Ellis
06-16-2005, 12:38 AM
On the one hand, it's great that the SBC Center opened Tuesday night for fans to watch the game and H-E-B sponsored the shindig.
It's not so great that turnout overwhelmed the organizers.

Our colleagues reported that more than 18,000 people showed up, as opposed to only 3,000 or so fans who came out when the Spurs beat the New Jersey Nets a couple of years ago.

So the SBC Center didn't have all its levels open and had only a few concession stands open, forcing fans to stand in long lines that even doubled back against each other.

We'll call this one a learning experience.

Save the date

Now there's not a viewing party scheduled for tonight, but we hear there's one in the works for Sunday. Depending on how the Spurs fare tonight, it could be the one that clinches the title.
We'll keep you posted.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/columnists/etijerina/stories/MYSA061605.03B.Around_Town.12c9bbc7.html

Horry For 3!
06-16-2005, 01:14 AM
Brandon! Glad to see you joined here. Tis me the great one, Josh.

atlfan25
06-16-2005, 01:42 AM
:lmao @ beeville

CrazyOne
06-16-2005, 07:56 AM
I went to SBC, got there about 5 with my daughter and her friend. We were waiting for the rest of our group (about 10 more) who got stuck in traffic. They had a lot of freebies outside, if you didn't mind waiting. I like hot weather, so I had no problem just standing out in the sun, but it wasn't easy for some. As 7:00 drew near, people began just piling up against the front. My daughter joined the crowd there, and I stayed in the line going down the sidewalk by the parking lots. They opened another set of doors on the edge, so I actually got in pretty soon.

I will never go to a freebie like that again. My daughter heard a couple of stupid parents telling their little children to start pushing and shoving to get ahead in the crowd. One lady who ought to be hauled in by CPS basically used her infant as a ram to push people out of the way, while proclaiming "Anybody touches my baby and I'll go off on you!"

There was no advantage to getting front row seats.. actually, the best place to be was all through the upper rows of the lower sections. The three of us found one row with just enough room for us and the rest of our group, so we tried to save it. Most folks were nice enough when we told them that we had enough folks to fill the row still waiting in line, but one lady told her kids, "don't listen to the guy, just go in there." (of course, it would have helped if my friends didn't take so long to get there) One of my coworkers witnessed a scene where sheriff's deputies had to remove some folks from the front row over seat fights. One of my friends went with her husband and 2 kids. After they got settled in, she and one of the kids went to get concessions, and somebody tried to take their seats even though he told them that his wife and kid were out getting snacks.

By the end of the first quarter, the upper levels seemed about 2/3 full. It was obvious they didn't expect it to be filled. During most of the time-out contests, especially the ones with little kids, they got into the mentality of giving everyone prizes. Once the game got going, it was alright, but the attitude of some people when it comes to free stuff is truly frightening. I'm definitely not going to something like that again. It just wasn't worth the hassle. Props to HEB for doing this, but you make something free and some people get absolutely monstrous.

SWC Bonfire
06-16-2005, 08:02 AM
Brandon, Beeville closed down their Taco Bell permanently! (My dad has a ranch near Skidmore).

Lesson learned: confirm travel plans. You were supposed to get a ticket from a HEB store.

Welcome to the forum!

GrandeDavid
06-16-2005, 08:02 AM
Brandon, that blows! Hey, at least it gave you an interesting story to share with us. ;)

Jimcs50
06-16-2005, 08:26 AM
They lost anyway...so you saved money by not over paying for beer, look at the bright side.

Brandon361
06-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Brandon, Beeville closed down their Taco Bell permanently! (My dad has a ranch near Skidmore).

Lesson learned: confirm travel plans. You were supposed to get a ticket from a HEB store.

Welcome to the forum!

yea it was sad... i love Tacobell ... i heard no tacobell could ever be opend in beeville again its a franchise lock on beeville

Vashner
06-16-2005, 02:26 PM
Dude let me let you in on a little secret...

Taco Bell is NOT good food... locals DO NOT eat there.

If you where born in Texas it's almost a Felony to eat there.. it's crap food...