PDA

View Full Version : Which Celebs Death Has/Will Affect(ed)You the Most?

DMC
11-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Ali is going to be a tough one. I was sad when James Stewart passed, not as much with Newman, but still.

JayTheClown
11-08-2011, 09:58 PM
Ali's death will be an event. Micheal Jordan's death may pass Ali tho

tlongII
11-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Frazier's death is big for me. The golden age of boxing was during my teen years. The Ali-Frazier trilogy is something I'll never forget.

Sisk
11-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Heath Ledger. Sucks because he was so great as the Joker. Would like to have seen what he would have done afterwards.

baseline bum
11-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Eazy E, because it made me go out and buy a tape of his the next day. I can't think of any other celebrity death that affected me as profoundly.

lefty
11-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Heath's death really shocked me

Didnt see that one coming

JMarkJohns
11-08-2011, 11:17 PM
Layne Staley and, more recently, Mike Starr, especially after seeing the latter on Celeb Rehab and him having to come to grips with how he enabled/could have prevented the death of Staley. Huge fan of the music scene of the day and these were the deaths I was really at a place where I could grasp the loss (Staley) or felt the vested interest in (Starr).

Others: John Wooden, Pat Tillman, Heath Ledger, Richard Avedon

Anticipated? Probably Lute Olson. His final years at Arizona as head coach were such a shitty end. I remember so much from my vested interest in Wildcats Basketball and the payoff of their 1997 Title (my first experienced fandom Title) in 10 years as a fan amidst a family of ASU alum.

I wasn't old enough to experience Ali or Frasier, but I understand the significance.

lefty
11-08-2011, 11:35 PM
Also Lady Diana

The_Worlds_finest
11-09-2011, 02:01 AM
fuck them and all of them, anyone in my family will be more upsetting.

JayTheClown
11-09-2011, 02:43 AM
All you bastards are old

benefactor
11-09-2011, 06:52 AM
Who cares?

lol emotional connections to entertainers

Evil Angel
11-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Absolutely none of them!
Some people really need a life.

BlackSwordsMan
11-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Lindsay Lohan

Giuseppe
11-09-2011, 09:15 AM

Trill Clinton
11-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Who cares?

lol emotional connections to entertainers

cantthinkofanything
11-09-2011, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't say these deaths affected me in some deep reflective way. But I liked a lot of their bands' music. But maybe they would have ended up sucking over time anyway.

Layne Staley
Brad Nowell
Shannon Hoon

SA210
11-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Michael Jackson, dude was awesome. I have to say Tom Hanks will make a lot of people sad whenever he were to pass. How can anyone not like Tom Hanks?

tp2021
11-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Bernie Mac. First thing I did was pop in The Original Kings of Comedy and laugh my ass off with his memory.

mrsmaalox
11-09-2011, 10:38 AM
I don't think I've ever been affected by a celebrity's passing in personal and emotional way.

But I think the death of Princess Diana was probably the most shocking and surprising to me.

And the one that has been the most difficult for me to handle was Steve Irwin----but that is because my kids were very young and growing up with Animal Planet. A lot of our family time was centered around the Crocodile Hunter, for several years. It's a drag for kids when their "Superman" is gone.

baseline bum
11-09-2011, 10:46 AM
Michael Jackson, dude was awesome. I have to say Tom Hanks will make a lot of people sad whenever he were to pass. How can anyone not like Tom Hanks?

His movies are saccharin-sweet and make me want to puke. Forrest Gump was awful and he ruined Saving Private Ryan.

cantthinkofanything
11-09-2011, 10:58 AM
His movies are saccharin-sweet and make me want to puke. Forrest Gump was awful and he ruined Saving Private Ryan.

Big was funny.

CubanSucks
11-09-2011, 03:30 PM

you're an idiot

2Blonde
11-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Kim Kardashian... because life just won't be worth living without her!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Spurminator
11-09-2011, 03:47 PM
I wouldn't say it really affected me, but the one that saddened me the most was Phil Hartman.

Layne Staley and Michael Jackson are my favorite musicians that have died in my lifetime, but I was pretty resigned to the fact that neither of them was ever going to make music I really loved again... So their deaths were more of a formality than anything.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-10-2011, 11:59 AM
And the one that has been the most difficult for me to handle was Steve Irwin----but that is because my kids were very young and growing up with Animal Planet. A lot of our family time was centered around the Crocodile Hunter, for several years. It's a drag for kids when their "Superman" is gone.

Ah, yes. I remember Bill Mayer's heartfelt tribute to him the Halloween he died.....

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Saving Private Ryan was massively overrated to begin with tbh. The first 20 minutes were great and the rest of the movie blew.

dirk4mvp
11-10-2011, 01:51 PM
I wouldn't say it really affected me, but the one that saddened me the most was Phil Hartman.

Layne Staley and Michael Jackson are my favorite musicians that have died in my lifetime, but I was pretty resigned to the fact that neither of them was ever going to make music I really loved again... So their deaths were more of a formality than anything.

It's not like Staley was gonna be making any good music in the state he was in before he passed.

JMarkJohns
11-10-2011, 03:05 PM
It's not like Staley was gonna be making any good music in the state he was in before he passed.

Everything about the death was sad, though. Addiction just devastates. Hearing the little that was known of the time, it was really hard to accept that such a talent was willing to just let himself go like that, or that he never had it in him to about face like so many others.

SA210
11-10-2011, 05:00 PM

My God :lol That's funny because I couldn't imagine my childhood without his films

dirk4mvp
11-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Everything about the death was sad, though. Addiction just devastates. Hearing the little that was known of the time, it was really hard to accept that such a talent was willing to just let himself go like that, or that he never had it in him to about face like so many others.

Staley is one of my favorite singers but his addiction to speedballs isn't something only he's been thru, especially in rock. He could've easily gotten help.

AmericanPsycho
11-10-2011, 11:51 PM
http://www.ksat.com/entertainment/29737335/detail.html
http://www.ksat.com/2011/1110/29737674_640X480.jpg

(CNN) -- CNN has confirmed that Bil Keane, artist and creator of beloved long-running comic strip "The Family Circus," died Tuesday at his family's home in Paradise Valley, Arizona at the age of 89.

His son Jeff tells CNN that the cause of death was congestive heart failure, which Jeff says his father suffered from "for quite a while."

In a post on his website that demonstrates the Philadelphia native's particular brand of humor, Keane recounts that he taught himself to draw and began cartooning in high school.

He says that he and his wife, who passed away three years ago, began a "real-life family circus" that "provided the inspiration for my cartoons; I provided the perspiration."

In 1959 Keane and his family relocated to the Paradise Valley home in which he died, and that's also the location where he created the "Family Circus." He has illustrated the humorous realities of familial life since 1960, and the comic strip today appears in over 1,500 newspapers.

Jeff, Keane's youngest son, tells CNN that he's worked with his father on the "The Family Circus" since 1981 and will continue the cartoon.

Keane leaves behind Jeff and four other children, Gayle, Neal, Glen and Christopher; nine grandchildren and one great granddaughter, "who brought great joy to his life," Jeff said.

CNN's Rachel Wells contributed to this report.

mojorizen7
11-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Bill shatner.

ynh
11-11-2011, 12:00 AM
John Candy because I was 12 when he died and he was my favorite funny guy. After that probably Brandon Lee.

JMarkJohns
11-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Staley is one of my favorite singers but his addiction to speedballs isn't something only he's been thru, especially in rock. He could've easily gotten help.

I completely agree, and the fact he refused is what makes the death so sad. Not tragic. I'll reserve that for the unforeseeable, but sad that someone that talented, with that much to live for would just piss his talent, waste his life away with no pity for himself and no remorse for who it hurt.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-11-2011, 12:35 PM
If Santa Claus ever dies I'm going to be devastated.

Not sure he qualifies as a "celeb", though.

cantthinkofanything
11-11-2011, 12:37 PM
If Santa Claus ever dies I'm going to be devastated.
Not sure he qualifies as a "celeb", though.

I'm suprised no one has said "Jesus" yet.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-11-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm suprised no one has said "Jesus" yet.

That's just silly because Jesus is immortal. He already 'died' once. Killing Jesus just makes him more of a badass.

Snickers
11-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Keith Richards

Dr. Gonzo
11-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Selena

man on wire
11-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Bruce Springsteen.

boutons_deux
11-11-2011, 03:24 PM
I miss George Carlin immensely. Thank goodness for youtube and HBO.

Abraham Quintanilla
11-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Selena

:cry

phxspurfan
11-11-2011, 03:47 PM
http://parismortonmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/tupac_covers051.jpg

Drachen
11-11-2011, 03:55 PM
http://www.ksat.com/entertainment/29737335/detail.html
http://www.ksat.com/2011/1110/29737674_640X480.jpg

(CNN) -- CNN has confirmed that Bil Keane, artist and creator of beloved long-running comic strip "The Family Circus," died Tuesday at his family's home in Paradise Valley, Arizona at the age of 89.

His son Jeff tells CNN that the cause of death was congestive heart failure, which Jeff says his father suffered from "for quite a while."

In a post on his website that demonstrates the Philadelphia native's particular brand of humor, Keane recounts that he taught himself to draw and began cartooning in high school.

He says that he and his wife, who passed away three years ago, began a "real-life family circus" that "provided the inspiration for my cartoons; I provided the perspiration."

In 1959 Keane and his family relocated to the Paradise Valley home in which he died, and that's also the location where he created the "Family Circus." He has illustrated the humorous realities of familial life since 1960, and the comic strip today appears in over 1,500 newspapers.

Jeff, Keane's youngest son, tells CNN that he's worked with his father on the "The Family Circus" since 1981 and will continue the cartoon.

Keane leaves behind Jeff and four other children, Gayle, Neal, Glen and Christopher; nine grandchildren and one great granddaughter, "who brought great joy to his life," Jeff said.

CNN's Rachel Wells contributed to this report.

Someone is sad about this? I mean, I don't mean to be callous, and I am sure that it is most certainly sad to those close to him, but did he really have any fans?

Frank Dux
11-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Chris Farley was one of the few times I was genuinely sad for the death of celebrity.

Pick of Destiny
11-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Someone is sad about this? I mean, I don't mean to be callous, and I am sure that it is most certainly sad to those close to him, but did he really have any fans?

WTF!?!?...of course he had fans and his comic strip is a classic.

Pick of Destiny
11-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Where are the Elvis and Michael Jackson fans at?