That is all.

NRHector
11-08-2011, 11:03 PM
are idiots.

That is all.+1, they rejected the deal again

Giuseppe
11-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Good for them.

Stern is gonna answer for this. It'll settle finally. And he'll think it's over.

Uh, uh.

DPG21920
11-08-2011, 11:18 PM
machine its sad that someone responsible for taking care of kids can think like you.

TheMACHINE
11-08-2011, 11:31 PM
Im a business owner...that's how we're engineered. Whoever has leverage wins....and the players are idiots to think they have any at this point...and my kids will know that. ;)

Venti Quattro
11-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Machine, with the manufacturing goods.

Sisk
11-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Agreed. They're morons.

mavsfan1000
11-08-2011, 11:45 PM
Stupid players.

NRHector
11-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Good for them.

Stern is gonna answer for this. It'll settle finally. And he'll think it's over.

Uh, uh.you are wrong, again, Stern is not the problem. How many times do you hear a player say "this is a business" when they are being traded? You don't hear them complain at that time because they know they'll get more money where ever they are going.
And know that the actual talk of a business comes out they don't know what to do because they only care about making more money.

Red Hawk #21
11-08-2011, 11:50 PM
They're fucking morons and they're also selfish Fucksticks.

ElNono
11-08-2011, 11:51 PM
If they're not going to cave, they should at least decertify and get that shit rolling. Right now they're just wasting time.

TheMACHINE
11-08-2011, 11:59 PM
If they're not going to cave, they should at least decertify and get that shit rolling. Right now they're just wasting time.

That's a guarantee loss of a season right there

Giuseppe
11-08-2011, 11:59 PM
^There is no hurry. Their paychecks are ostensibly gone thru December 1st. The only ones losing money thru that date is the owners. The players can't lose money until they sign that deal. Even the lost paychecks can be grandfathered in via the negotiation.

ElNono
11-09-2011, 12:00 AM
That's a guarantee loss of a season right there

Do you think either side cares? The only ones that care about the season are the fans.

ElNono
11-09-2011, 12:00 AM
The challenge for the union as the league's end-of-business deadline draws closer is -- meeting or no meeting -- to not blink, not panic, not anger, if the owners yank one football away and replace it with another that's less appealing.

"For them to use that tactic, we're not going to let it intimidate us," said San Antonio rep Matt Bonner, a member of the union's executive committee. "You've got to think that, if they want to get a deal, going backwards and creating more distance, that doesn't seem like a very logical way to move towards ending this thing.

"We've been pretty consistent the whole way in negotiating to try to get a deal done. We haven't done any hocus-pocus. Despite everything we've given, they're still not moving towards us and even talk about moving backwards. It's really hard to address that."

Giuseppe
11-09-2011, 12:03 AM
The challenge for the union as the league's end-of-business deadline draws closer is -- meeting or no meeting -- to not blink, not panic, not anger, if the owners yank one football away and replace it with another that's less appealing.

"For them to use that tactic, we're not going to let it intimidate us," said San Antonio rep Matt Bonner, a member of the union's executive committee. "You've got to think that, if they want to get a deal, going backwards and creating more distance, that doesn't seem like a very logical way to move towards ending this thing.

"We've been pretty consistent the whole way in negotiating to try to get a deal done. We haven't done any hocus-pocus. Despite everything we've given, they're still not moving towards us and even talk about moving backwards. It's really hard to address that."

& what Bonner speaks accurately of is their salvation. Signing that deal as it's constituted is not going to grant the players relief, or contentment. Only more misery. That realization is now dawning on them.

Giuseppe
11-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Do you think either side cares? The only ones that care about the season are the fans.

Exactly. We're not part of this. The NBA is a free product. Sure, they like to soft soap us during good times, but, it's nothing but lip service twixt them & us &&& between us & us.

NRHector
11-09-2011, 12:10 AM
^There is no hurry. Their paychecks are ostensibly gone thru December 1st. The only ones losing money thru that date is the owners. The players can't lose money until they sign that deal. Even the lost paychecks can be grandfathered in via the negotiation.no hurry? tell that to Kris and Kim, why do you think they are getting divorce? He's not bringing money

pass1st
11-09-2011, 12:20 AM
http://us.acidcow.com/pics/20091127/wtf_pictures_part_2_16.jpg

DMC
11-09-2011, 02:08 AM
It's wrong to say the players have "no leverage". If it were true, the NBA wouldn't need to negotiate anything with them.

It's not wrong, however, to say that the players are taking a bigger risk than the owners.

The owners could invest elsewhere and make money still. Some would lose out if they own large market franchises, but they could still make due.

Players, on the other hand, have this facade of a life that's build around rich, not wealth (see Chris Rock's "aint talking about rich, I'm talking about wealthy" bit). They could be broke in a couple of years, at least a large number of them could, with their lifestyle. Of course, Matt Bonner could live on my earnings, but that's beside the point.

So when enough of these anti-Buffets get into a bind financially, they will pressure the others to relent.

Right now it's a show, I think, and there's some face saving and some punitive actions going on. It's no longer just about money.

TheMACHINE
11-09-2011, 03:32 AM

Im sure the rank and file players care. I bet theyd cross the line if they had a chance.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-09-2011, 03:59 AM
I bet Delonte West cares when he's having to help customers find the kitchen renovation section at Home Depot :lol

TDMVPDPOY
11-09-2011, 04:14 AM
the players have no leverage man, do you think the owners care if they decertify and start up own league

this will benefit the owners by voiding their contracts, and signing talent elsewhere in other markets...product might be shit, but the business foundation is there, they just find better players around the world to come play for them

while the players will start crying over about paying their BFF how much to play for their new teams....i dont believe theres unity man, its more like every man for himself, they will have to find new partners into their business, maybe rich oil arabs? if the nba is a failed product profitability wise, do you think this new league is going to make money?

Koolaid_Man
11-09-2011, 06:51 AM
the players have no leverage man, do you think the owners care if they decertify and start up own league

this will benefit the owners by voiding their contracts, and signing talent elsewhere in other markets...product might be shit, but the business foundation is there, they just find better players around the world to come play for them

while the players will start crying over about paying their BFF how much to play for their new teams....i dont believe theres unity man, its more like every man for himself, they will have to find new partners into their business, maybe rich oil arabs? if the nba is a failed product profitability wise, do you think this new league is going to make money?

you guys no nothing about how the system works, you all liars not business owners. If you were a business owner you wouldn't try to compare a free market business ( subject to US anti-trust law) with a privately negotiated labor agreement exempt from US anti-trust law.

like I explained to midet let me explain to you so called intellectually dishonest (I might add) business owners...:lol

In the context of the CBA what you have here is a basic envy or revenues. Larger market or more successful teams such as LA, NY, Mia, and Dallas, are already subsidizing the smaller markets so they ( the larger markets) can continue to make huge profits because of their sound business decisions regarding their teams. Teams like MJ's are a scourge upon the league just as players such as Luke Walton are. The small markets want the ability to compete for chmapionships and make huge profits without spending a red fucking dime (relatively speaking) they want everything the big markets but they DO NOT want to take on the same financial risks.

Decertification will hopefully give the players a hand up in this matter. Stern has successfully convinced you dumb fucks that most teams are losing money without even showing detailed financial information on the teams, arenas, and any relevant subsidiary businesses information. They've only showed the players audited financial statements that is a misrepresentation of their true earnings. Decertification will force the owners to come clean and let us all see just where their losses are coming from. Decertification will likely rule in the players favor and then the owners will truly be fucked. You saw what happened last night in Ohio and what will happen when Wisconsin governor Scott Walker is recalled for his union bashing...the players will and should ultimately win this fight if and ONLY IF they reject the owners deal and vote to decertify.

I'm with them all the way...and fyi...go learn something about business...please :lol

mathbzh
11-09-2011, 07:45 AM

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/decertification-111104/nba-decertification-threat-strong-message

I don't know much about antitrust laws... but when I read this

After decertifying, the players could then bring an antitrust suit against the league, challenge any rules that constitute a restraint of trade, and ask the court to end the lockout. They could also seek treble (triple the amount) damages -- up to $6 billion per year.The odds of winning are not 100 percent certain (they never are), but the risk to the owners would be enormous. Such a case could take years to resolve.

I would call that leverage.

this will benefit the owners by voiding their contracts, and signing talent elsewhere in other markets... product might be shit, but the business foundation is there, they just find better players around the world to come play for them

With all the restriction of the previous CBA, some teams were ready to give max contract to Rashard Lewis/Joe Johnson... If none of these restriction is allowed, you really believe no team will propose a 20+M$ contract to Lebron/Howard/Durant... ? Voiding the contract, they would save money on the bad contracts but the salaries of some of the top players may explode.

maybe rich oil arabs? if the nba is a failed product profitability wise, do you think this new league is going to make money?

Do you really think the Russian and Arabic billionaire makes money out of soccer? They lose an insane amount of money but can afford it. This is not a business, it is a theme park for billionaires. With no restriction, they can spend as much as they want and literally buy a title.
I have little doubt that without a CBA, NBA would spend more money on the players.

DPG21920
11-09-2011, 09:16 AM
This thread is basically a collection of people (those siding w owners) of the most ridiculous people on this site and they should all be pinked so we know to avoid them. When short Brennan (Koolaid man) is calling you out without trolling, you know you've really messed up.

TheMACHINE
11-09-2011, 12:04 PM
LoL still no leverage
LoL still idiots

Giuseppe
11-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Ain't over yet, MACHINE. Not by a jugful it ain't.

TheMACHINE
11-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Kool is right though ...deceritfying is the only way to get leverage ...but till that happens, they still in the losing side.

Giuseppe
11-09-2011, 01:10 PM
It's true, I just don't believe the players have the guts to decertify. That would bring it to another level and bring a brand new entity into the fight (the courts). That's time, a lot of it. Everything would slow down. The players don't slow down well. And they know it.

ElNono
11-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Im sure the rank and file players care. I bet theyd cross the line if they had a chance.

They have the votes. I'm pretty sure that if they wanted to cross the line they would have already.

TheMACHINE
11-09-2011, 02:08 PM
They have the votes. I'm pretty sure that if they wanted to cross the line they would have already.

peer pressure sucks.

ElNono
11-09-2011, 03:31 PM
peer pressure sucks.

tbqh, Bonner can be intimidating during the regular season... :lol

pass1st
11-09-2011, 03:37 PM
ljMpmG-5Yrk

TheMACHINE
11-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Jeremy Lin: "Hey homies...i dunno man... i think we should take 50/50..im probably gonna be in the NBA for only about 3 more years...i'll take what i can get"

Matt Bonner: "ey you Chinese Mother Fucker. You cross that line, im shove my foot up your pansy ass"."

Jeremy Lin: "ok sorry"

JayTheClown
11-09-2011, 07:41 PM
LOL
Kool being the most reasonable poster so far in this thread :lol