PDA

View Full Version : Players you want to see on the same team

pass1st
11-09-2011, 12:19 PM
There are a lot of players out there we believe would work well together, but it probably would never happen. What players do you guys think would make great synergy starting together?

I always thought Carmelo and CP3 would make a strong playoff team

Also LBJ-Rose, Shaq-Tmac, Hakeem-Jordan-Drexler, CP3-Kobe, D12-Rondo and Replace Thomas on the 80s pistons with Stockton.

Giuseppe
11-09-2011, 01:06 PM
I always wanted Jackson to bring Kukuc to Los Angeles.

TimmehC
11-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Dwight and Dirk. Not gonna happen, but still... best frontcourt ever.

With Dirk getting older, now I think I'd rather see Dwight join up with Durant some day.

JamStone
11-09-2011, 02:11 PM
A younger Jason Kidd or CP3 with Blake Griffin.

Back in the mid 2000s when the rumors first started that KG could end up getting traded, I thought Kobe-KG would have been a great 1-2 punch.

lefty
11-09-2011, 02:14 PM
There are a lot of players out there we believe would work well together, but it probably would never happen. What players do you guys think would make great synergy starting together?

I always thought Carmelo and CP3 would make a strong playoff team

Also LBJ-Rose, Shaq-Tmac, Hakeem-Jordan-Drexler, CP3-Kobe, D12-Rondo and Replace Thomas on the 80s pistons with Stockton.
Not sure LBJ-Rose would work
Both of them need to keep the ball a fair amount of time in order to be efficient

cantthinkofanything
11-09-2011, 02:36 PM
This is a stupid fucking thread.

pass1st
11-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Not sure LBJ-Rose would work
Both of them need to keep the ball a fair amount of time in order to be efficient

Between crab walking and suicide drives, I think they will find out how to make it work. It really just popped in my mind because LBJ could have gone to the Bulls instead of Heat.

pass1st
11-09-2011, 02:50 PM

Your username reflects your thought process admirably, bucko.

cantthinkofanything
11-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Your username reflects your thought process admirably, bucko.

come on. I seriously thought you were starting this thread as a joke. Uh...I'd love to see Hakeem, Jordan, and Drexler on the same team. Well no shit. I bet they'd be really good and fun to watch.

cantthinkofanything
11-09-2011, 02:55 PM
replace Thomas on the 80's Pistons with Stockton.
what the fuck would that really do.

pass1st
11-09-2011, 03:18 PM

Give the Lakers another title :wakeup

cantthinkofanything
11-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Give the Lakers another title :wakeup
:lol

well done sir

BoricuaCJA
11-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Then don't post or read the thread dumbfuck!

JayTheClown
11-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Lebron and Delonte West
Bring it back

JamStone
11-09-2011, 09:46 PM

Make those Pistons teams not nearly as good. Stockton's career success was heavily reliant on two things, longevity and the pick-and-roll. Those Pistons teams didn't have pick-and-roll big men. Who the hell would Stockton play pick-and-roll with? Dennis Rodman? Bill Laimbeer? Rick Mahorn? John Salley? Yeah not so much.

Switch Stockton and Isiah, and you make both teams weaker.

stretch
11-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Nash and Shawn Kemp or Blake Griffin

lefty
11-09-2011, 10:38 PM
Make those Pistons teams not nearly as good. Stockton's career success was heavily reliant on two things, longevity and the pick-and-roll. Those Pistons teams didn't have pick-and-roll big men. Who the hell would Stockton play pick-and-roll with? Dennis Rodman? Bill Laimbeer? Rick Mahorn? John Salley? Yeah not so much.

I remember Isiah lighting up Stock after the 92 Dream Team roster was announced

And then Malone slammed hin

pass1st
11-09-2011, 11:05 PM

Which would have made me a happy camper.

Venti Quattro
11-09-2011, 11:53 PM
Kobe & Duncan

Kyle Orton
11-10-2011, 02:03 AM
Nash and MVP dirk

Leetonidas
11-10-2011, 02:25 AM
Tim Duncan + Dirk Nowitzki or Kevin Garnett

usdane
11-10-2011, 03:01 AM
Kobe and any above average PG. Not going to happen; but even a Ramon Sessions would suffice.

Xylus
11-10-2011, 07:02 AM
Nash and Amare.

JamStone
11-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Shut the fuck up. Im tired of you coming in here acting like know one saw those teams play. Aguirre and Dantley we're great pick and roll players. Not to mention Laimbeer was a pick and roll player as well, only he preferred to pop. Also, you could put Zeke on any team and they instantly get better. Not so much with Stockton.

Don't know what Pistons team you were watching back then. Adrian Dantley was not a pick-and-roll player with the Pistons. He wanted the ball in the mid-post to isolate. And by the time Mark Aguirre got the Pistons, he was basically a jumpshooting chucker... and fat and slow at a quick perimeter position.

Bill Laimbeer could pick-and-pop, and the Pistons would run high screens that gave him that straight away jumper sometimes. But if you think Bill Laimbeer is going to give John Stockton anywhere near as many assists as Karl Malone did and do it as efficiently, then there's no need to even go any further. Rolling to the rim that will end up scoring probably 60%+ of the time versus picking and popping for a 18-20 foot jumper that Laimbeer could probably hit 45% of the time, generously speaking.

Isiah would hate the restrictions of a pick-and-roll offense. If you tell me Jerry Sloan is either going to allow Isiah some freedom or that the Jazz get a different coach, I'm open to saying Isiah could have helped the Jazz. But part of what made Isiah great and dangerous were his creativity and one-on-one ability. Pigeon hole him into a Jerry Sloan system, I think he's much less successful.

baseline bum
11-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Eddy Curry and Kwame Brown

stretch
11-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Kobe and Dirk as well would be a lethal duo. I was about to jizz myself when the proposals of getting Kobe to Dallas surfaced.