PDA

View Full Version : NBA Players' Union Lawyer says owners treating players "like plantation workers"

DMX7
11-09-2011, 12:36 PM
NBA union attorney Jeffrey Kessler has apologized for saying that owners are treating players "like plantation workers," adding that he doesn't want to become a distraction during the tense negotiations.

"The comments that I made in The Washington Post took place in an interview late at night Monday after a very long day," Kessler said in a statement. "Looking back, the words that I used were inappropriate; I did not intend to offend. I was merely passionately advocating for the players."

After the owners presented a take-it-or-leave-it offer to players, Kessler told the newspaper: "To present that in the context of 'take it or leave it,' in our view, that is not good faith. Instead of treating the players like partners, they're treating them like plantation workers."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7211447/nba-lockout-jeffrey-kessler-apologizes-plantation-workers-comment

TheMACHINE
11-09-2011, 02:09 PM
fucking slave owners. Paying thier slaves milliones...greedy slave owners!

where do i sign up?

ElNono
11-09-2011, 03:30 PM
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Kessler enraged officials on union and ownership sides with those words. NBPA would be wise to keep him out of the negotiating room today.

ElNono
11-09-2011, 03:30 PM
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Best part of NBPA attorney Kessler's apology for "plantation" quote: "I did not intend to offend." Yes, he was looking to lighten things up.

TheMACHINE
11-09-2011, 05:10 PM
lol idiots.

CubanSucks
11-09-2011, 05:45 PM
jus like dat Adrian Peterson quote. Dey don't give us enuf fuckin money, mayne. It aint no different den the slave days

BRHornet45
11-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Sons I've said it before and ill say it again. The majority of NBA players would be working dead end or low paying jobs and a good percentage of them would be sitting in a prison cell right now if they couldn't dribble and shoot a basketball. The greed being shown by these uneducated and ignorant players (for the most part) tells us everything that is wrong with professional sports now days.

Fuck em all. Cancel the season please and give me my money back.

NRHector
11-09-2011, 09:00 PM
look what Magic said about Stern

Magic Johnson said it's ''ridiculous'' to suggest David Stern is racist, saying it's OK to disagree with the NBA commissioner but that you ''can't attack the man and what he stands for.''

JayTheClown
11-09-2011, 09:53 PM
jus like dat Adrian Peterson quote. Dey don't give us enuf fuckin money, mayne. It aint no different den the slave days

Not funny, Adrian Peterson doesn't talk like that. If he did then maybe what you typed might have been funny. MIGHT

Venti Quattro
11-09-2011, 11:55 PM
The thread title reminds me of HarlemHeat. :lmao

:cry Dan Gilbert
:cry overworking LeBron
:cry underpaying LeBron
:cry slave-driver of an owner