PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Tigers DT Says He Hates Texas

FoxPerez
11-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted at PlaymakerOnline.com (http://bit.ly/w59lfn):

Missouri Tigers defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson is doing something I love. He’s running his mouth, insulting the state of Texas and it’s football players, leading up to this Saturday’s game against the #21 Texas Longhorns.

KOMU interviewed Richardson and here’s what he had to say about Texas.

“I hate people from Texas… I give people on our team from Texas a hard time because they’re from Texas. I hate Texas. I just do. I hate Texas. Any other overrated state in football, I pretty much hate. That’s how I feel about it.”

Now most fans that post on message boards and even some columnists are going to call out Sheldon over his words, pointing out that Mizzou has lots of Texans on their team, that Chase Daniel went to high school in Texas, and that the Tigers are 1-7 all time against the Horns.

His response to being presented with Mizzou’s record against the Texas Longhorns was “we’re going to change that.” The easy joke is, “yeah, change that to 1-8.”

But again, I love it when players talk like this before games. It’s so much more interesting that what’s said about every other team every other week. Eventually, it gets really boring to hear players say, “They’ve got a good team. We’re going to have to work hard and stay focused because there are no easy games left and we want to make sure we don’t make any mistakes they can take advantage of.”

Really guys? That’s what you said last week. Can you just email us 12 videos of different players saying that at the beginning of the year so we can use it all season? We’ll need different players just so we can change it up a bit every week. Otherwise people are going to be on to us.

This weekend’s game didn’t have much interest aside from the Tigers moving from the Big 12 to the SEC. But Mizzou and Texas don’t have a strong rivalry. They’re not going to be missed the way the Aggies are. But now, Texas players are going to get pumped. The Horns are going to be motivated to shove Richardson’s words in his face on Saturday with a beatdown. And Richardson is going to play with an edge too, knowing that he’s going to have to back up his words. Admit it. Even you’re more likely to watch this game from start to finish now that you know what he said about Texas and it’s football.

That’s why I love it. Bring on the Tigers!

DesignatedT
11-09-2011, 02:59 PM
So is he calling his team overrated seeing that 75% of it is from Texas?

Blake
11-09-2011, 03:08 PM
So is he calling his team overrated seeing that 75% of it is from Texas?

apparently.

dumbass also seems to forget that Mizzou still has Texas Tech coming up.

I. Hustle
11-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Lol what a dumbass

johngateswhiteley
11-09-2011, 09:17 PM
I like it. As with the author, its so remedial listening to players spout the same crap over and over.. say what you think. its great.