View Full Version : College Ball

Xylus
11-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Fuck the NBA and the college forum.

Who you got in the NCAA?

JayTheClown
11-09-2011, 07:53 PM
I hate college basketball, but if I had to choose I would go with

Final Four: North Carolina, Kentucky, Duke, Kansas (I know cliche)

North Carolina winning it all

Giuseppe
11-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Hell, X, I still marvel at your epiphany over "The Walking Dead." & must confess I've been pawning it off as my own invention ever since. & it never fails to impress an audience.

tee, hee.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-09-2011, 09:21 PM
UNC is by far the best team this year. Kentucky might have more talent, but a team full of undisciplined chimpanzees plucked by Calipari from the jungle will never get it done in March.

Nathan89
11-09-2011, 09:28 PM
I like college ball in March.
-brackets
-upsets
-buzzer beaters
-great officiating(unlike the NBA)

baseline bum
11-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Fuck the NBA and the college forum.

I don't get it; you came to the NBA forum to have serious discussion? On topic, I can't wait for Kentucky-UNC on December 3rd. Can't wait to see Davis and Gilchrist against some real competition (also, what the fuck is up with Gilchrist adding Kidd to his last name?)

pass1st
11-09-2011, 11:07 PM
I want to see how Austin Rivers is going to do since he is probably entering the draft after his freshmen year.

Venti Quattro
11-09-2011, 11:49 PM
UCLA > all

baseline bum
11-09-2011, 11:51 PM
UCLA > all

If we get Muhammed to commit...

Red Hawk #21
11-10-2011, 01:16 AM
Fuck the NBA.

:toast

Xylus
11-10-2011, 06:55 AM
Hell, X, I still marvel at your epiphany over "The Walking Dead." & must confess I've been pawning it off as my own invention ever since. & it never fails to impress an audience.

tee, hee.

Cubby, normally I wouldn't respond to you, but I'm a sucker for compliments. You're welcome for the take on The Walking Dead. I won't lie, it was a good take, and I'll keep 'em coming, you fucking freak.

Xylus
11-10-2011, 06:56 AM
UNC is by far the best team this year. Kentucky might have more talent, but a team full of undisciplined chimpanzees plucked by Calipari from the jungle will never get it done in March.

You been watching the Wildcats so far? If so, where at?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-10-2011, 07:50 AM
You been watching the Wildcats so far? If so, where at?
In Tucson. If I'm not mistaken you graduated right?

I think expectations are too high this year but next year they're gonna be nasty.

Giuseppe
11-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Cubby, normally I wouldn't respond to you, but I'm a sucker for compliments. You're welcome for the take on The Walking Dead. I won't lie, it was a good take, and I'll keep 'em coming, you fucking freak.

Tip O' the tam, bowin' at the waist.

JMarkJohns
11-10-2011, 12:38 PM
People shouldn't sleep on Florida.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-10-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm still amazed Florida found a way to lose to Butler last year. It was their tournament to win if they win that game.

JMarkJohns
11-10-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm still amazed Florida found a way to lose to Butler last year. It was their tournament to win if they win that game.

Agreed. They lost a lot of experience up front, but their young frontcourt is actually far more talented, and their starting backcourt boasts a pair of three-year starters. Their perimeter scoring is going to be ridiculous. Despite the graduations of Macklin/Tyus, they will still have very good size, enough that I expect them to start three guards. They are so deep at guard and wing, top-5 overall recruit, Bradley Beal, is likely their 6th-man, and he's fuckin' legit. Best shooter/scorer in the class, IMO.

The bigs will defend and rebound enough. I think it's very similar to Horford/Noah situation in 2005 and (maybe) 2006 (their 1st title). Might be a year early, but they have talent, and Donovan has proven capable of fitting everything together.

JMarkJohns
11-10-2011, 01:16 PM
UCLA > all
If we get Muhammed to commit...

Muhammed is UCLAs. I've been saying it for nearly a year. I joke about other destinations, but I know why he's not committing yet, and it's understandable.

However, that said, your class with Muhammed will not be ">" than Arizona's. Sorry. FACTS. Three top-10, eventual NBA big men and the #2 scorer in the class (York) is better than a brilliant but plodding PG-skilled wing with no defense (Anderson) and the #1 scorer in the class (Muhammed). It's being discussed that 2012 is the deepest talent for big men in decades, and Arizona landed three of the best of them.

That said, I'm thrilled for UCLAs rebound class of 2012, as I want Arizona and UCLA to be top-of-their-game rivals. It's better for the conference, for notoriety, for exposure, etc... Success begets success.

baseline bum
11-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Agreed. They lost a lot of experience up front, but their young frontcourt is actually far more talented, and their starting backcourt boasts a pair of three-year starters. Their perimeter scoring is going to be ridiculous. Despite the graduations of Macklin/Tyus, they will still have very good size, enough that I expect them to start three guards. They are so deep at guard and wing, top-5 overall recruit, Bradley Beal, is likely their 6th-man, and he's fuckin' legit. Best shooter/scorer in the class, IMO.

The bigs will defend and rebound enough. I think it's very similar to Horford/Noah situation in 2005 and (maybe) 2006 (their 1st title). Might be a year early, but they have talent, and Donovan has proven capable of fitting everything together.

You think Patric Young ever comes anywhere close to his high school hype? He was really frustrating to watch last season.

Daddy_Of_All_Trolls
11-10-2011, 01:29 PM
To me, the big turnoff in college ball is the single game elimination aspect in the NCAA tournament. I don't mind when a Cinderella makes it to the final four, but if they played 3-5 game series, the better teams would usually prevail. Plus, ticket sales and TV revenue would soar.

So, instead of those conference championships they hold right before the NCCA tournament, they should start the playoffs right away. In the beginning, play 3 game series, home and home. The tiebreaker, if need be, can be played on neutral ground. Eventually, you get down to 5 or 7 game series, again, home and home. Although this would lead to more favorites winning it all, the fact that so many epic series would result outweighs all that. Plus, the players who do participate would be better prepared for the playoffs they will see if they turn professional.

Trill Clinton
11-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Unc

JMarkJohns
11-10-2011, 02:34 PM
You think Patric Young ever comes anywhere close to his high school hype? He was really frustrating to watch last season.

It's too early to know for sure, but their frontcourt is stacked, and it's lead by Young who's shown glimpses of a dominant 16-10-3 type of big guy, but suffers from violent inconsistency. I think his role be be more defined, his use expanded and that through this he'll find some consistency, and, I do expect his production to be at least 10-8-2, and, if everything goes as his talent dictates, 13-9-2+. He's so athletic, and he seems to know his way around the basket. If his rebounding is close to 10-per for his minute rate, I could see Florida running with a four-out/one-in lineup of Walker, Boynton, Rosario and Beal with Young down low. That will run teams off the floor. Murphy is a potential monster on the glass, with a 12-rebounds per 30mpg average. Those two should really do work down low. I think they'll miss Parsons more than Macklin or Tyus because Young and Murphy are just as/if not more talented. When you're in college and you have a 6-9, 240 uber-athletic PF next to a 6-10, 235 bull of a center, you're gonna be fine once the kinks are figured out.

Giuseppe
11-10-2011, 06:36 PM
To me, the big turnoff in college ball is the single game elimination aspect in the NCAA tournament. I don't mind when a Cinderella makes it to the final four, but if they played 3-5 game series, the better teams would usually prevail. Plus, ticket sales and TV revenue would soar.

So, instead of those conference championships they hold right before the NCCA tournament, they should start the playoffs right away. In the beginning, play 3 game series, home and home. The tiebreaker, if need be, can be played on neutral ground. Eventually, you get down to 5 or 7 game series, again, home and home. Although this would lead to more favorites winning it all, the fact that so many epic series would result outweighs all that. Plus, the players who do participate would be better prepared for the playoffs they will see if they turn professional.

You just kind of want to leech off their talent, drain their goodness.

Killakobe81
11-10-2011, 06:41 PM
UCLA is the alma mater ...
UNC is my 2nd favorite squad ...

Fyuck DUKE, ARIZONA, USC

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Oh wow a black guy from the West Coast who's a UNC fan and hates Duke

That doesn't perpetuate the stereotype of black bandwagoning at all

DeadlyDynasty
11-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Is Syracuse in the ACC this year or next? I'm shitfaced and way too fucking lazy to look it up

JayTheClown
11-10-2011, 07:45 PM

What stereotype? Blacks have a new stereotype?

JMarkJohns
11-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Is Syracuse in the ACC this year or next? I'm shitfaced and way too fucking lazy to look it up

Next year they and Pitt go to the ACC. My guess is Rutgers and UConn join them.

pass1st
11-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Lebron should go to college during the lockout and play ball. He can choke during the final four and pre-algebra at the same time.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-10-2011, 11:22 PM
What stereotype? Blacks have a new stereotype?
Every African American I've ever met has been a UNC fan.....and I live in Arizona.

Killakobe81
11-10-2011, 11:27 PM

I give two shits what it perpetuates ...plus Im not a "black guy" from the west coast ...my peoples are Belizean and we mixed with all kinds of shit including african, mayan and Hoduranian blood.

Now that is out of the way ..rooted for them because of Worthy and Perkins they won it when I first started watching college ball. Then it was Kenny smith etc. So yes I DID bandwagon them but I never forasked them even in the Doherty years ...same for Bruins I suffered through the Lavin ones too ..

baseline bum
11-10-2011, 11:37 PM
I give two shits what it perpetuates ...plus Im not a "black guy" from the west coast ...my peoples are Belizean and we mixed with all kinds of shit including african, mayan and Hoduranian blood.

Now that is out of the way ..rooted for them because of Worthy and Perkins they won it when I first started watching college ball. Then it was Kenny smith etc. So yes I DID bandwagon them but I never forasked them even in the Doherty years ...same for Bruins I suffered through the Lavin ones too ..

Massive understatement. Not sure which was worse: Lavin not developing his players at all or JaRon Rush pissing a sure-fire long NBA career away. I'll go with the latter I guess.

baseline bum
11-25-2011, 12:57 AM
So far Rivers and especially Drummond have been a bit disappointing, while Davis and Kidd-Gilchrist have been pretty impressive. How would you like to be an elite freshman like McAdoo and get no playing time with Henson, Barnes, and Zeller absolutely beasting ahead of you? :lol