PDA

View Full Version : So

I. Hustle
11-09-2011, 08:08 PM
My bro in law quit his job because he was going to travel Europe. Well he's been hanging out with his richer friends and going to restaurants and going to San Francisco. Within a month he blew all his money so Europe is off.
So of course he's staying with us. He isn't looking for a job,doesn't plan on going back to school and recently my wife told me that he's been complaining about how loud my kids are. My kids are 1 and 3 and since it's my house I don't care how loud they are.
Of course he won't complain to me. I'm gonna give the dude two weeks to start looking for a job and if I don't see progress then he is going to be in line at the Raul Jimenez dinner.

Monostradamus
11-10-2011, 12:22 AM
Yeah that guy sounds like a bigger douche than you so I can't imagine what a nightmare he is to live with.

TE
11-10-2011, 12:42 AM
Kick him out.

I. Hustle
11-10-2011, 12:42 AM
I know huh?

ORION
11-10-2011, 01:19 AM
I can't believe you let him move in. He sounds like a lazy piece of white dog shit. tell him he has 2 weeks to find another place or charge him $600 a month in rent.

I. Hustle
11-10-2011, 09:58 AM
So.... I agree with Luva on something?

hater
11-10-2011, 10:06 AM
:lol dude seriously he probably thinks you are a pussy and he can do whatever he wants. You either nut up and tell him he better get a job and start paying rent, or you give him the rest of your life and become that sorry bitch

mrsmaalox
11-10-2011, 10:10 AM
He's your wife's brother right? Then you shouldn't have to do anything but tell your wife this is not working out (she already knows this) and that she needs to tell the freeloader to move along. It's her responsibility not yours.

Of course if she doesn't also see him as a problem, then you've got a hell of a fight on your hands :lol

DMC
11-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Two weeks to "start looking" is too long. He should start looking immediately. If he's not landed one in two weeks, he's road material.

DMC
11-10-2011, 10:20 AM
He's your wife's brother right? Then you shouldn't have to do anything but tell your wife this is not working out (she already knows this) and that she needs to tell the freeloader to move along. It's her responsibility not yours.

Of course if she doesn't also see him as a problem, then you've got a hell of a fight on your hands :lol
I don't agree with this. Although it's her brother, it's his castle and he's the law there.

If he's already established a tendency of caving to her demands, he's fucked.

hater
11-10-2011, 10:24 AM

this is what's wrong with this nation, if you cannot tell your "brother" in law what the fuck is up in your own house.

mrsmaalox
11-10-2011, 10:34 AM
LOL I don't know if it's what is wrong with this nation, but I do know that if it was me, and it was my brother disrespecting and taking advantage of my husband's generosity I know exactly what I'd do. Has nothing to do with whose castle it is or whether or not a man has the right/nerve to tell someone to get out their house----it has only to do with my hard working husband being taken advantage of by a no good mooch, and I won't stand by for that from anybody.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-10-2011, 11:45 AM
tell him he has 2 weeks to find another place or charge him $600 a month in rent.
I wouldn't give him the paying option. Unless you want him to stay, which I'm sure you don't. Unfortunately, you'll ohave to tread lightly because its her brother. You didn't indicate her reaction which already sends up red flags to me. I recommend start drinking heavily til he leaves :toast

I. Hustle
11-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Ok here's the deal. I'm not afraid to tell anyone to hit the bricks and my wife will stand by my decisions either way. I'm not a little guy so it's not that hard for me to be intimidating, especially to this guy.
What I am trying to do though is avoid an all out war. My wife's family is the type to take something and blow it way out of proportion. My father in law did this to my mother in laws brother and now the family is divided and people don't talk to each other.
I know that my wife will side with me and even my in laws will (weird) but this guy is that one person in the family that everyone loves and babies.
Bottom line is that if it comes down to it then I am going to do what I have to do. I just hate that this has the potential to turn itself into something bigger than it is.
I already have some of the family hating me because I kicked my wife's cousin out. This chick was working and not contributing and just doing whatever she wanted to. I talked to her folks first and they said "Well when my sister was staying with us we let her stay for free and save her money to get her own house and get on her feet." So I laughed at that and told her "You can stay as long as you want... for $500 a month. Outside of that you need to find another place to stay."
It might come down to that again.

I. Hustle
11-10-2011, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't give him the paying option. Unless you want him to stay, which I'm sure you don't. Unfortunately, you'll ohave to tread lightly because its her brother. You didn't indicate her reaction which already sends up red flags to me. I recommend start drinking heavily til he leaves :toast

My wife is actually more fed up than I am. She is constantly on him asking if he;s found a job yet which cracks me up. You can tell he gets really annoyed.

clambake
11-10-2011, 11:55 AM
why can't he live with mom and dad?

pawe
11-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Be prepared to be called a dick, cheap bastard, ungrateful family member, idiot, moron and all sorts of bad things.
Kick him out. Dont reward lazy people and freeloaders.
I mean, he is already shitting on your kids on your own home, that is a major offense for me.

I. Hustle
11-10-2011, 01:11 PM
why can't he live with mom and dad?

He doesn't get along with the step dad for some reason. The other two siblings are fine with the step dad but for some reason he holds a crazy grudge against him. I think it has to do with the step dad not being the type to baby people.
The real dad has big bucks and lives in the dominion but we don't ever see him. He had a stroke a few years ago and his wife used that to start controlling him and seperating him from his kids. They take her daughter with them on all kinds of expensive trips but my kids have seen him maybe like 3 or 4 times altogether.

I. Hustle
11-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Be prepared to be called a dick, cheap bastard, ungrateful family member, idiot, moron and all sorts of bad things.
Kick him out. Dont reward lazy people and freeloaders.
I mean, he is already shitting on your kids on your own home, that is a major offense for me.

Yeah, I just found out about him complaining about my kids. That's what pissed me off.
He gets upset because my kids are too loud when he is trying to sleep... in the afternoon.
I think that's what pisses my wife off the most. She is a hard worker and is constantly doing something and he is either sleeping, on his laptop, or out with his friends.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-10-2011, 01:28 PM
My wife is actually more fed up than I am. She is constantly on him asking if he;s found a job yet which cracks me up. You can tell he gets really annoyed.

Well that's good.

May I suggest buying more candy and sodas for your kids? :D Buy them a new video game every week til that bastard leaves :tu

DarkReign
11-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Regardless of the in-laws reaction to whatever decision you make, that is a conversation I would have great anticipation for.

Strangely, I enjoy blowing people up when they find it fit to judge. I would really, really enjoy having an in-law tell me how I should handle their families excess baggage. Like, really enjoy it.

I. Hustle
11-10-2011, 02:13 PM
My kids are far from bouncing off the wall psychos. In a public setting they know how to behave themselves and act right. When they are home though they are home. I will gladly take the yelling and running and being loud at home as long as they don't do that when we are out.
I am not going to keep them from being toddlers because he wants to sleep all day and get on his laptop.
My stepson was trying to be real quiet when going in his own room because the BIL was in there. My mother in law got upset and told him to be as loud as he wants because that's his room. Told him that if wanted to grab some of his toys or play his video games that it's perfectly fine. LOL This stuff happens during the day when I'm not there.

I. Hustle
11-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Regardless of the in-laws reaction to whatever decision you make, that is a conversation I would have great anticipation for.

Strangely, I enjoy blowing people up when they find it fit to judge. I would really, really enjoy having an in-law tell me how I should handle their families excess baggage. Like, really enjoy it.

LOL, Usually I am very confrontational, however, I don't want to the kids to miss out on spending time with their great grandparents and other members of their family. If it was just me i'd say who gives a shit but I don't want them to miss out.