PDA

View Full Version : War is Killing Your Economy...Obama Said So

Parker2112
11-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Confidence in the US economy is in the gutter. Our credit rating has been downgraded for the first time ever.

Could it be that confidence is down because we are printing money like there is no tomorrow in order to finance wars in the middle east?

Could it be that ending the wars could bring confidence back into the US economy and the US dollar?
Could ending our imperial policies abroad move capital to begin flowing through our economy again, creating jobs and bringing an end to this depression?

You're damn right it would.... And it is not an option for either major political party.

Senator Obama pointed this out...BEFORE he was elected President.

Obama Links Effects of War Costs to Fragility in the Economy

“When you’re spending over $50 to fill up your car because the price of oil is four times what it was before Iraq, you’re paying a price for this war,” Mr. Obama said to an audience at the University of Charleston. “When Iraq is costing each household about $100 a month, you’re paying a price for this war.”

“No matter what the costs, no matter what the consequences, John McCain seems determined to carry out a third Bush term,” Mr. Obama said. “That’s an outcome America can’t afford. Because of the Bush-McCain policies, our debt has ballooned.”

“We spend $12 billion a month in Iraq, and that does affect the economy,” Mrs. Clinton said. “That’s one of the reasons we’ve gone into more and more debt. We’ve got to begin not only to withdraw our troops, but bring that money back home. We need to put that money to work here in Indiana.”

“The more than $10 billion we’re spending each month in Iraq is money we could be investing here at home,” Mr. Obama said. “Just think about what battles we could be fighting instead of fighting this misguided war.”

Parker2112
11-10-2011, 08:59 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/21/us/politics/21campaign.html

Parker2112
11-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Our government is not our own.

Parker2112
11-10-2011, 09:07 PM
Go back to bed America. ~ Bill Hicks

Parker2112
11-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Could it be that without the Federal Reserve, we couldn't finance these immoral unconstitutional unprovoked humanitarian regime changes without raising the tax rate to 60% or more? Could it be that the fed enables corrupt policies and imperial aspirations FOR BOTH PARTIES by granting them a huge line of credit...payable by the 99%, their kids, their kid's kids, etc?

Parker2112
11-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Wake up.

Stringer_Bell
11-10-2011, 09:41 PM
LOL @ the idiocy behind this whole thread. Repugs complain about the Fed. Lefties complain about lack of taxes on the rich. Neither understands the real problem for why the economy is in a shithole.

The tipping point was when real wages leveled off and productivity started to soar, and the citizens never questioned why they were working harder but the pay wasn't increasing. This enabled the American Institution to transform itself into a radical credit monster that gave its citizens the FREEDOM to put themselves in ridiculous amounts of debt if they wanted to purse the "American Dream."

So what if the Fed stops printing money forever, you never saw any of the greenbacks anyway. So what if the rich have all their money taken away and re-distributed, you are still in debt. There is no exit, no United States of America left. We sold it for personal lines of credit. Haha. Ahahahahaha. Buwhahahahahahahahaha. *wink*

Parker2112
11-10-2011, 09:51 PM
interest rates make borrowing easy money easy. Remind me who sets those rates again.

The whole system is in debt, true...but that "debt monster" is by design.

You need to brush up on the feds operation, SB

Parker2112
11-10-2011, 09:56 PM
the feds manipulation/monoply over the currency through its setting of interest rates allows for the extension of massive amounts of easy money to a population which is more than happy to partake.

It always winds up in a bubble, that bursts, sending massive amounts of wealth flowing back to the top of the food chain.

Its a manipulated business cycle and it begins with federal reserve policies.

And its not "Repugs" bitching about the Fed...its Libertarians.

Parker2112
11-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Those greenbacks go into big banks' books...allowing them to lend to the public, under a fractional reserve scheme. We all saw that money. You have some study to do SB.

Stringer_Bell
11-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Those greenbacks go into big banks' books...allowing them to lend to the public, under a fractional reserve scheme. We all saw that money. You have some study to do SB.

Did you, or millions of Americans, actually SEE those greenbacks? No, you didn't. It was all on computer screens and photocopy paper, there was nothing tangible about those funds other than the homes and cars those people lived and drove around in until they were taken away. It was all imaginary, then taken away so the lenders could turn around and sell at full price to someone that actually had money. I don't need to study, but I got something for you to do, Parker...

Go to Taco Bell, order a Gordita Nacho Cheese and Gordita Baja, eat them, then take a shit and come back here and tell me the first thing that comes to mind. That's the only acceptable response I can tolerate from you at this point. Now I'm gonna go wash my hands.

silverblk mystix
11-10-2011, 10:22 PM
...but,but...

war is good for the economy....

Parker2112
11-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Did you, or millions of Americans, actually SEE those greenbacks? No, you didn't. It was all on computer screens and photocopy paper, there was nothing tangible about those funds other than the homes and cars those people lived and drove around in until they were taken away. It was all imaginary, then taken away so the lenders could turn around and sell at full price to someone that actually had money. I don't need to study, but I got something for you to do, Parker...

Go to Taco Bell, order a Gordita Nacho Cheese and Gordita Baja, eat them, then take a shit and come back here and tell me the first thing that comes to mind. That's the only acceptable response I can tolerate from you at this point. Now I'm gonna go wash my hands.

Is Obama your man? Did I strike a nerve? Maybe you should take a shit and call it hope and change. When you flush it, lets see if it does a 180 as fast as your main man did, puppet.

I hope you can tolerate that, fool. :wow

Parker2112
11-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Your main man is looking a lot like the last president right about now SB. Except at least Bush shot straight...every non-repug knew he was out to fuck America over. Your man lied to get the job. He lied big time.

boutons_deux
11-11-2011, 05:49 AM
"war is good for the economy...."

it's fantastic for the MIC, always is. And trickle down for the rest of us from the MIC works like trickle down always does.

"Except at least Bush shot straight"

yep, he ran in 2000 on the campaign plank that his and PNAC's priority was to grab the oil in Iraq ASAP and cut taxes on wealthy and corps. One of the straightest shooters ever.

boutons_deux
11-11-2011, 05:53 AM
Barry also needs to say that US health care running at about $3T/year is $1T to $1.5T too much, sucking wealth out of Human-Americans' pocket into the Health Industrial Complex which delivers same or less results than blatantly socialized health systems in other advanced countries.

Wild Cobra
11-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Well...

If Obama says so...

Really now. Can we believe what he says? He's a fucking Marxist.

m>s
11-12-2011, 08:12 AM

your sure he's "american" in the first place? hes probably a chink who wants us to fail and if hes still a chink (not immigrant) he must be glad to see this whole shit happening while if he is a chink immigrant he must be regretting to have immigrated

chinks have been using their low currency as a weapon attacking our economy and they've been doing it for years with the only purpose of sabotaging us, with the government & some corps (wal-mart for example) acting as the accomplices

Nbadan
11-12-2011, 12:44 PM
So what if the Fed stops printing money forever, you never saw any of the greenbacks anyway. So what if the rich have all their money taken away and re-distributed, you are still in debt. There is no exit, no United States of America left. We sold it for personal lines of credit. Haha. Ahahahahaha. Buwhahahahahahahahaha. *wink*

I am quite familiar with your dry wit....

...but are you stoned? You completely contradicted yourself in your own post

Let me spell it out for you

Concentrated wealth bad....makes rich people richer and poor people poorer because then poor people can't pay their debt......poor people can't pay their debt, including rises in the cost of living because prices go up when dollar worth less, and poor people lose standard of living

Parker2112
11-13-2011, 12:28 AM
No one on this board is prepared to consider this view. My take: 90 or more % of the posters here can't fathom an angle they aren't force fed by MSM.