PDA

View Full Version : More Proof: Religion Makes You Stupid

boutons_deux
11-11-2011, 04:43 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/atlarge/files/2011/11/enhanced-buzz-wide-26458-1320959482-3.jpg

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/atlarge/2011/11/homosexuality-at-baylor-hate-the-drug/

:lol :lol :lol :lol Fucking hateful, vengeful "Christians", what dumbfucks.

Spurminator
11-11-2011, 04:49 PM
From the comments:

MrsHopeM 12:05 PM on November 11, 2011
THIS WAS AN INDEPENDENT STUDIES COURSE, COMPLETELY DESIGNED BY THE STUDENT, ACTUALLY TO DEBUNK THE IDEA THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS A GATEWAY TO AMERICA EVENTUALLY ACCEPTING "GREATER IMMORALITY," AS SOME RIGHT-WING CONSERVATIVES MAY BELIEVE. (some believe that if we become tolerant and accepting of homosexuality, then we will become accepting of things like pedophilia and beastiality.) THIS COURSE SHOULD ACTUALLY HAVE A "?" AFTER THE TITLE. I know the student personally and the professor, am currently in one of her classes, and trust me- she is liberal. She is not a gay-basher; some would actually consider her pro-gay. She makes it clear in class that she is neutral, way before any of this happened.

slickback33 12:00 PM on November 11, 2011
This situation was taken far out of context. Someone saw this class (an independent study class that ONE student decided to investigate) and without asking any questions or seeking clarification, posted an image online and now Baylor has to deal with the backlash from an LGBT Mob. How is it possible that people who preach about open discussions of these topics not only are not open to discuss them, but aren't even informed about them.

The student taking this class was seeking to discover if there was any validity to the notion much held by conservative members of society as to whether or not acceptance of homosexuality opens up members in society to be more accepting of things further outside the traditional spectrum of sexual relations. In which case homosexuality would be a "gateway drug" in this instance. For shame to everyone who will get outraged over this without trying to understand the workings underneath.

What makes you any better than someone who judges a gay man by his exterior and rushes to a predetermined conclusion?

Winehole23
11-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Not a damn thing.

101A
11-11-2011, 04:54 PM
boutwned

mingus
11-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Japan isn't any less conservative (probably more) than the U.S. toward gays and it's not Christian (or even religious). It's also one of the smartest countries in the world in terms of IQ.

DarrinS
11-11-2011, 04:57 PM
:lmao

boutons_deux
11-11-2011, 04:57 PM
http://blog.mysanantonio.com/atlarge/files/2011/11/Capture1.jpg

NASpurs
11-11-2011, 05:03 PM
From the comments:

MrsHopeM 12:05 PM on November 11, 2011
THIS WAS AN INDEPENDENT STUDIES COURSE, COMPLETELY DESIGNED BY THE STUDENT, ACTUALLY TO DEBUNK THE IDEA THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS A GATEWAY TO AMERICA EVENTUALLY ACCEPTING "GREATER IMMORALITY," AS SOME RIGHT-WING CONSERVATIVES MAY BELIEVE. (some believe that if we become tolerant and accepting of homosexuality, then we will become accepting of things like pedophilia and beastiality.) THIS COURSE SHOULD ACTUALLY HAVE A "?" AFTER THE TITLE. I know the student personally and the professor, am currently in one of her classes, and trust me- she is liberal. She is not a gay-basher; some would actually consider her pro-gay. She makes it clear in class that she is neutral, way before any of this happened.

slickback33 12:00 PM on November 11, 2011
This situation was taken far out of context. Someone saw this class (an independent study class that ONE student decided to investigate) and without asking any questions or seeking clarification, posted an image online and now Baylor has to deal with the backlash from an LGBT Mob. How is it possible that people who preach about open discussions of these topics not only are not open to discuss them, but aren't even informed about them.

The student taking this class was seeking to discover if there was any validity to the notion much held by conservative members of society as to whether or not acceptance of homosexuality opens up members in society to be more accepting of things further outside the traditional spectrum of sexual relations. In which case homosexuality would be a "gateway drug" in this instance. For shame to everyone who will get outraged over this without trying to understand the workings underneath.

What makes you any better than someone who judges a gay man by his exterior and rushes to a predetermined conclusion?

Spurminator
11-11-2011, 05:08 PM
I expect this from Boutons and Reddit. Gawker, on the other hand, could have spent same amount of time calling Baylor for clarification as they did writing their pithy/cutesy blog on the subject. Just goes to show manufactured outrage crosses ideological lines.

TeyshaBlue
11-11-2011, 05:30 PM
More brilliance from boutons I see...

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Japan isn't any less conservative (probably more) than the U.S. toward gays and it's not Christian (or even religious). It's also one of the smartest countries in the world in terms of IQ.
So it's not a religious country at all and it's one of the smartest countries in the world?

:lol self-ownage

LnGrrrR
11-11-2011, 06:38 PM
To be honest, Baylor should've been paying more attention to whoever's posting these things if they wanted to avoid a firestorm.

Halberto
11-11-2011, 06:50 PM

I'm not doubting your claim, but I'd like to see some research.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Japan is an example that 100% supports the notion that less religion = more intelligence. I'm not sure why someone religious would use Japan as an example to disprove the claim.

Wild Cobra
11-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Maybe Japan isn't religious because unlike the other Goa'uld, Yu didn't pretend to be a God.

mingus
11-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Japan is an example that 100% supports the notion that less religion = more intelligence. I'm not sure why someone religious would use Japan as an example to disprove the claim.

I don't believe religion makes anyone less intelligent. Plenty of people with superior intelligence that are religious. Your hero Barak Obama is religious.

In poor countries, school with a religious basis produce some of the brightest people. I traveled the poorest parts of Africa this summer and anybody who is somebody in this countries almost categorically attended Christian schools.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-11-2011, 08:30 PM
I don't believe religion makes anyone less intelligent.
http://hypnosis.home.netcom.com/images/_iq_vs_religion.png

mingus
11-11-2011, 09:36 PM
http://hypnosis.home.netcom.com/images/_iq_vs_religion.png

what are the countries at the bottom?

mingus
11-11-2011, 09:38 PM
lol typing in IQ vs. religiosity in google search bar to confirm your confirmation bias.

Wild Cobra
11-11-2011, 10:08 PM
lol typing in IQ vs. religiosity in google search bar to confirm your confirmation bias.
May as well google IQ vs. race.

mingus
11-12-2011, 09:29 AM
May as well google IQ vs. race.

and to the guy who's looking at that graph and that's all he knows there'd be some type of direct-relation which would cause him to say blacks = stupid, which through my experience is just not true at all. there are numerous other important factors to why IQ tests are low there. that's exactly why i brought up which countries the ones at the bottom are.

greyforest
11-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Here's that graph btw

http://liberalbiorealism.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/1995-sat-education2.png

and to the guy who's looking at that graph and that's all he knows there'd be some type of direct-relation which would cause him to say blacks = stupid

This just means that he = stupid. Stupid people very commonly mistake a correlation for a cause.

Average intelligence (which is ambiguous and dubious to measure) measured over huge swaths of population is representative of trends, but these trends are very complex. As an example, consider that on average black people are geographically less likely to be placed in well-funded schools. This alone could explain a large portion of the disparity seen in the graph.

Wild Cobra
11-12-2011, 07:34 PM
and to the guy who's looking at that graph and that's all he knows there'd be some type of direct-relation which would cause him to say blacks = stupid, which through my experience is just not true at all. there are numerous other important factors to why IQ tests are low there. that's exactly why i brought up which countries the ones at the bottom are.
What if my implication is that both charts are bullshit?

scott
11-12-2011, 08:11 PM
1) This chart could easily be titled "More Proof: Boutons is Stupid"

2) Even I would tell you that religion doesn't make you stupid, but being stupid certainly makes you more likely to be religious.

Wild Cobra
11-12-2011, 08:42 PM
2) Even I would tell you that religion doesn't make you stupid, but being stupid certainly makes you more likely to be religious.
Then why are so many libtards, atheists?

scott
11-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Then why are so many libtards, atheists?

You're a fucking idiot.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-12-2011, 09:14 PM
How do they normalize IQ because for example giving the Stanford IQ test to an Indian or Chinese is not relevant to that of someone from the US.

Wild Cobra
11-12-2011, 09:37 PM
How do they normalize IQ because for example giving the Stanford IQ test to an Indian or Chinese is not relevant to that of someone from the US.
See, this is one of the few times I agree with Fuzzy. IQ tests are developed under certain standards that do not apply to other cultural upbringings. Some things will apply, but others won't. IQ tests still measure a degree of what is taught. Intelligence cannot be taught.

scott
11-12-2011, 09:46 PM
See, this is one of the few times I agree with Fuzzy. IQ tests are developed under certain standards that do not apply to other cultural upbringings. Some things will apply, but others won't. IQ tests still measure a degree of what is taught. Intelligence cannot be taught.

No need to worry, your IQ is low across all borders.

mouse
11-13-2011, 03:30 AM
No need to worry, your IQ is low across all borders.

bcYppAs6ZdI