PDA

View Full Version : Marlins make offers to Pujols, Reyes, and Buehrle

DeadlyDynasty
11-12-2011, 09:39 AM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7222473/free-agent-albert-pujols-receives-contract-offer-miami-marlins

They're also trying to sign the highly touted CF Yoenis Cespedes from Cuba.

Hanley said he would be happy to move to 3rd if Reyes came on board (a la Jeter and A-Rod).

The new uniforms are pretty gay, but the ballpark is nice and it looks like the culture is changing in the front office. :tu

Bonerface
Reyes
Pujols
Stanton
Ramirez
Lomo
Cespedes/Petersen
Buck/Hayes

Starting Pitching:

JJ
Buehrle
Sanchez
Vasquez
Nolasco

If all 3 (or 4) of these moves go down then the Fish would be a closer and a better catcher away from being elite. If Pujols signs we could deal Gaby Sanchez for such a player.

JayTheClown
11-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Their uniforms are hideous

JMarkJohns
11-12-2011, 11:45 PM
No chance.

DeadlyDynasty
11-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Probably not, but I do think they can get Buehrle and one of the other two. Buehrle and Ozzie have a long history together, and from all the media down here it sounds like Reyes is close to a done deal.

I would spill seed all over myself if we got Pujols though.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-13-2011, 10:35 AM
I wonder what happens to Hanley if they get Reyes. I thought he was gonna end up being better than Reyes but he's gotten unbelievably lazy.

DeadlyDynasty
11-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Hanley said he would welcome a move to 3rd if Reyes came on board...apparently they're good friends. Hanley was batting champ in 2009 but like you said he has a tendency to get lazy. Ozzie is the perfect manager for him cause we all know he won't take his shit :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-13-2011, 01:29 PM
If my memory serves me correctly Hanley is also an atrocious fielder so a move to 3rd might be good for him.

DeadlyDynasty
11-13-2011, 02:14 PM
He's been subpar but it's primarily an attitude thing. He's quick on his feet and has a cannon of an arm...his fundamentals are shit, but he'll improve with proper coaching/managing

JMarkJohns
11-13-2011, 05:03 PM
I can see Buehrle and Reyes, but no chance on those two plus Pujols. To do this they'd need to spend upwards of 350 million, maybe more. No chance in hell that happens. Stadium aside, they are still a shitty draw in Miami, and with the Heat having most of the bandwagon support, they'd still be running second.

FromWayDowntown
11-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Rumors swirling about Reyes being headed to Miami -- or maybe not.

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/11/13/jose-reyes-agrees-to-deal-with-marlins-or-jose-reyes-does-not-agree-to-deal-with-marlins/

lefty
11-14-2011, 03:56 PM
I hope the Marlins will burn in hell

crc21209
11-14-2011, 07:55 PM
The Miami Marlins just doesnt sound right....:lol

ducks
11-15-2011, 05:56 PM
The Miami Marlins aren’t messing around. Their standing offer to Albert Pujols(notes) is believed to be for nine years. With a competitive average annual value (say $25 million), that’s $225 million, minimum, and that’s more than what the St. Louis Cardinals are believed to have offered in the spring. Is it possible that two weeks into November Pujols could already have what will be his best offer?

The Marlins also have offers out to Jose Reyes(notes) (Fox Sports reported six years, $90 million) and Mark Buehrle(notes). Reyes also might have his best offer. …

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AhLSans5ph0qlktoGd_l5N0RvLYF?slug=ti-brown_hardball_verlander_cy_young_111511