PDA

View Full Version : On Fire

Dre_7
06-15-2005, 10:30 PM
Okay, most of you know that I am a Hiphop fan. Dont like too much other music. But I have to say, I really really like this Switchfoot song called "On Fire" Not a huge Switchfoot fan. Dont own any of their cd's. Heard a couple of their songs on the radio, but thats it. Anyways, a friend played that song for me, and I downloaded it as soon as I got home. I have been listening to it non stop since then. It is such an amazing song IMO. Anyone else heard it? If so, what you think??

Gerryatrics
06-15-2005, 11:35 PM
I love Switchfoot... You know, in a totally manly kind of way...

But yeah, "On Fire" is an awesome song. I usually go more for the harder/faster songs on their The Beautiful Letdown CD, like "Meant to Live" "Ammunition" "Gone" and "Adding to the Noise". But some of their slower stuff is just amazing, like "On Fire" "This is your Life" "Beautiful Let Down" and "24".

Deadbeat Dad
06-16-2005, 01:00 AM
Fuck Switch foot, I need to Switch addresses. before my wife finds me.

JackLalanne
06-16-2005, 01:19 AM
The hell with Switchfoot, give me a nice waltz anyday.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-16-2005, 01:20 AM
is that the song with the chorus going
"back den dey didn't want me
now im hardly all alone"
??

LuvBones
06-16-2005, 01:58 AM
I saw them in concert and they are amazing live. One of the best performed was "On fire". Nice choice! :)

Carnie
06-16-2005, 02:05 AM
Jack LaLame give me a nice waltz anyday.

it's slow ass old farts like you that slows my show down...

STFU and.......... :smokin

Dre_7
06-16-2005, 04:44 AM
What are the names of some of their best songs? Never really listened to them much. But after hearing On Fire, I am more interested.

Gerryatrics
06-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Hey Dre_7, all of the ones I mentioned are pretty good. But the best way to find the songs you like is to just buy their CD. They have a lot of variety in their music and pretty much all of their songs are great, so it's hard to try to peg down one or two for someone. I guess if you wanted something along the lines of "On Fire" though I would check out "This is your Life" and "Beautiful Let Down", or just listen to the clips on Amazon.com or Switchfoot's website http://www.switchfoot.com/musicmain.htm to see if anything stands out.

Cheers,

Gerry

Dre_7
06-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks Gerry.

They are really good. And it takes alot for non-Hiphop music to excite me. So these guys have talent!!

Dre_7
06-17-2005, 12:26 AM
Because of that one song, I am going to do something I havent done in a long time. I am actually gonna buy a CD!!!

gophergeorge
06-17-2005, 12:08 PM
I once fell into a burning ring of fire.

Regards,

Johnny Cash