View Full Version : Pacquiao vs Marquez

Pages : [1] 2

Libri
11-13-2011, 12:32 AM
Discuss

:meeting:

Libri
11-13-2011, 12:35 AM
Getting updates that Marquez may be ahead at the end of the 8th.

resistanze
11-13-2011, 12:42 AM
Watching it live. Final round, going to be close.

Libri
11-13-2011, 12:46 AM
Fight over.

resistanze
Pac will likely win a close split decision. JMM should've been more aggressive that last round.

Libri
The dude covering it has it as a draw.

Libri
11-13-2011, 12:48 AM
Pac wins, let the debate begin.

resistanze
11-13-2011, 12:50 AM
114-114, 115-113, 116-112. Majority decision for Pacquiao.

resistanze
11-13-2011, 12:51 AM
Basically if JMM went out and won that 12th round he would've won the fight.

Libri
11-13-2011, 12:54 AM
Pac getting booed.

mystargtr34
11-13-2011, 12:57 AM
Basically if JMM went out and won that 12th round he would've won the fight.

It would have been a majority draw no?

mystargtr34
11-13-2011, 12:58 AM
:lol BRHornet viewing.

mystargtr34
11-13-2011, 12:59 AM
Sons let the racial shitflinging begin.

resistanze
11-13-2011, 01:00 AM
It would have been a majority draw no?
True that, would've been a draw.

resistanze
11-13-2011, 01:00 AM
The counter-punching of Marquez really frustrated Pac for big parts of the fight. I don't know how anyone can say he would steamroll Mayweather, if anything I'd lean towards PBF style after seeing this fight.

BRHornet45
11-13-2011, 01:02 AM
sons truth be told. Mayweather is dodging that brown boy like Alexis Texas dodges black dick.

resistanze
11-13-2011, 01:03 AM
And the judge that scored it 116-112 should be shot. Just terrible.

oh crap
11-13-2011, 01:03 AM
marquez got robbed

Hooks
11-13-2011, 01:08 AM
Marquez got robbed big time, it was a close fight but Marquez should've won it 116-112 on all score cards easily. Pac was getting countered all night long and rarely landed anything, and if he did land anything big he would've dropped Marquez because Marquez has a glass chin.

Marquez put on a masterful performance only to get robbed, disgusting.

Stringer_Bell
11-13-2011, 01:09 AM
The counter-punching of Marquez really frustrated Pac for big parts of the fight. I don't know how anyone can say he would steamroll Mayweather, if anything I'd lean towards PBF style after seeing this fight.

If Mayweather were smart, after watching this fight he'd be begging for the match with Pacman (testing or no testing) to be made as soon as possible because Marquez tried to impersonate him tonight and nearly won the damn thing. I honestly think Mayweather would've TKO'd Pacman if he fought PBF tonight, it was not a good performance at all and PBF would've had a field day.

And that's coming from a Manny fan.

IronMaxipad
11-13-2011, 01:12 AM
Surprise surprise. Manny in with a counter puncher and made to look foolish again.

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 01:16 AM
Robbed the fuck again. Dinamita put on a masterful performance. At 38 still one of the best technicians in the game. Meanwhile Poochiao praying to god to save his ass, spitting out his mouthpiece and then crying in the corner like a bitch.

Mugen
11-13-2011, 01:17 AM
lol mexicans

oh crap
11-13-2011, 01:18 AM
and why in the fuck did they have prince naseem there?

mystargtr34
11-13-2011, 01:18 AM
Punch stats

Pacman: 176 of 578 punches - 30%

JMM: 132 of 437 punches - 32%

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 01:20 AM
Punch stats

Please don't tell me you score fights based on compubox?

:lmao

resistanze
11-13-2011, 01:23 AM
Sons, we all knew once a close fight like that goes to the cards Pac would win. No way the superfight will get derailed by a JMM split decision.

Hooks
11-13-2011, 01:23 AM
The triangle theory doesn't work at all guys. Marquez knows Pac, he's fought him already, he's been hungry for this fight for 3 years, even longer than that he's been waiting to avenge his loss, he probably thought about those fights sooo many times especially because he felt he was robbed. You can't say that Mayweather would beat him without the fight ever happening, we won't know who's better until they fight each other.

Hooks
11-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Punch stats

That's a load of BS, Marquez landed even more shots than Pac. If Pac landed that many shots Marquez would've been KO'd or at least dropped and the fight would've been a clear W for Pac.

I don't even know how those stats are accumulated, in order to get the REAL stats you'd have to watch the fight in slow motion. It's almost impossible to score it from ringside as well, not only are these guys throwing blindingly fast punches but the ropes as well as the ref get in the way quite a bit, you also can't see when punches land on the elbows or shoulders of each fighter.

mystargtr34
11-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Please don't tell me you score fights based on compubox?

I thought JMM won the fight.. but i can see how Pac got the decision. No doubt there was some bias though lol 116-112.

resistanze
11-13-2011, 01:35 AM
Yeah the 116-112 really is something else. Was Harold Lederman an actual judge? Dude's been sucking off Pacman for years.

LakerHater
11-13-2011, 01:45 AM
Man, I cant believe how many people are on Manny's nuts, in & out of the boxin world... PATHETIC!

Killakobe81
11-13-2011, 01:45 AM

Come on, man. I know style makes fights and JMM is a tough matchup for Pacman. But there is no way in hell Pac can beat PBF. Manny is a great FIGHTER. Floyd is one of the all time BOXERS who can also fight.

IF the fight ever comes to fruition and if I could great odds or a sucker Im betting the house on money.

Sean Cagney
11-13-2011, 01:47 AM
Pac lost this fight, period.
Come on, man. I know style makes fights and JMM is a tough matchup for Pacman. But there is no way in hell Pac can beat PBF. Manny is a great FIGHTER. Floyd is one of the all time BOXERS who can also fight.

IF the fight ever comes to fruition and if I could great odds or a sucker Im betting the house on money.

Floyd would destroy him, I have no doubt in my mind now! NONE.

resistanze
11-13-2011, 01:47 AM

That's why I said I'd lean towards PBF if they ever fight.

Sense
11-13-2011, 01:49 AM
Ridiculous, I really don't see how anyone saw Pacman winning this... I just don't see it.

I'm Mexican, and I had Pacman winning this fight before it started, as the fight went on it was clear who was the better boxer... Marquez got robbed.

TE
11-13-2011, 01:51 AM
Well the fight we all want just has to happen.

Manny looked chumpish tonight. Never seen anyone fight him like that before.

LakerHater
11-13-2011, 01:51 AM
Pacquiao has had difficulty in three fights with Marquez’s counter-punching style

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 01:54 AM
Round 12

On my scorecard if Marquez can make it to the end of this round then he’s got the victory he so desired. Incredibly, Marquez is the one on the offense, with Pacquiao unable to put together the offense and blast out Marquez as he needs to. Marquez is fighting tidy, not offering Pacquiao any opportunities for the crunching knockout blow he needs. With 30 seconds left they break to put Pacquiao's mouthguard back in. Right to the end Marquez is the one landing first.

Superb performance. Incredible. An absolute clinic from Marquez on my scorecard. I have it 118-110 to Marquez. Even Pacquiao’s training partner Amir Khan has Marquez as the victor.

The judges have it 114-114 and 115-113, 116-112 to the winner and still world champion Manny Pacquiao.

Completely disagree with that decision. I am aware there were a lot of close rounds and so my 118-110 may have been lopsided, but Marquez put on an absolute clinic tonight. The Vegas fans let Pacquiao know what they think about the decision, booing Pacquiao and chanting Marquez. A disgusting call.

Manny Pacquiao defeats Juan Manuel Marquez via majority decision 114-114, 115-113 and 116-112 to retain his WBO welterweight title
Don't know about that 118-110 but still even Pacs butt buddy A-mere Khan had marquez winning

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/Manny-Pacquiao-Juan-Manuel-Marquez-Round-by-round-111211

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 01:58 AM
Pacquiao majority decision against Marquez - we believe it was a bad decision and are refunding all head to head bets on Marquez

http://twitter.com/#!/sportingbetoz/status/135600223656493056

Killakobe81
11-13-2011, 01:59 AM
Pac lost this fight, period.

Floyd would destroy him, I have no doubt in my mind now! NONE.

Now Im a PBF fan, but floyd would not DESTROY him (i don't think) ...but he would embarass him. Floyd is a MUCH better counter puncher than JMM ...

ONLY chance that Pac would have if floyd traded power punches with him which would NEVER happen. Pac will chase money, and PBF will pick him off with counters and frustrate him by making him miss.

and Manny is great i like him ... But Cant stand Arum or roach. Im all for bravado and backing your fighter. but the disrespect they show floyd, especially Arum i hope Floyd beats Pac ...and then goes off on them the way he did Larry Merchant.Anyone see the Piers Morgan interview they did pre-fight on CNN?

Pac was cool and humble those two ass clowns make it sound like Floyd would have no shot against Pac. they were respectful to JMM but I think they were trying to sell fight. No way they thought JMM would have pushed Pac at this point of his career ...

Killakobe81
11-13-2011, 02:09 AM
And all props to JMM at 38 to win or even draw with a top 5 fighter in the world is impressive.

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 02:15 AM
Someone needs to make a part 2:

tF_BHUhJgtU

Got lots of new material.

baseline bum
11-13-2011, 03:10 AM
What a fucking load of bullshit. Marquez had the fight of his life and landed way better shots all night. This is one of the worst decisions I have ever seen. When they showed Manny after the announcement he fucking knew he lost it. What a disgrace.

baseline bum
11-13-2011, 03:12 AM
Marquez looked amazing tonight. How could anyone think Manny won that fight?

baseline bum
11-13-2011, 03:33 AM
This was like watching game 6 of the Finals and they hand LeBron the trophy at the end.

Tuddy
11-13-2011, 03:44 AM
What a fucking load of bullshit. Marquez had the fight of his life and landed way better shots all night. This is one of the worst decisions I have ever seen. When they showed Manny after the announcement he fucking knew he lost it. What a disgrace.

+1

Marquez had the game plan - keep moving left so Pac couldn't get him with his left and use his left uppercut & roundhouse to keep tagging him. He landed more and cleaner punches and won the fight.

baseline bum
11-13-2011, 03:45 AM
, Marquez pitched a shut out. Manny knew it's Roach knew it. And all the honest fans know it.

Roach even said it in the corner before the 10th(?) round.

Tuddy
11-13-2011, 04:04 AM
Conspiracy theories are generally a load of shit, but Arum needed the Pacquiao win or the Mayweather fight would be dead. Boxing is so corrupt.

TheMACHINE
11-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Lol at people using "Robbed" so loosely. A majority of the rounds could have gone either way, so stop with the robbery bullshit.

vato loco
11-13-2011, 06:06 AM
Lol at people using "Robbed" so loosely. A majority of the rounds could have gone either way, so stop with the robbery bullshit.

stfu u filipino bitch

most unbiased observers will tell u that marquez deserved this fight (maybe even moreso than the second)

TheMACHINE
11-13-2011, 06:16 AM
Gotta take it from the champ...and maybe if your boy didnt coast at the end, he would have a win.

Just be happy he didn't hit the floor this time.

Sense
11-13-2011, 06:38 AM
hitting the floor got him a draw once... he should've done it -_-

TheMACHINE
11-13-2011, 06:51 AM
Lol..anyways...this fight got me worried about mayweather...but let's see if mayweather grows some balls and take a fight that will pretty much have him as a favorite.

ezau
11-13-2011, 08:38 AM
You faggots are blind. Didn't you watch the fight again? Pacquiao took care of business and closed out the remaining rounds to take the win. He also landed more punches, 178-135.

If Marquez really wanted to win, counterpunching the champion isn't the way to do it. The challenger has to be the aggressor if he wants to dethrone the champion.

ezau
11-13-2011, 08:43 AM
And LOL @ those Mexicans thinking their boy won. I know it's tough to see another border-crosser losing to the Filipino fighter, but that's just the way it is.

Pacquiao beat everyone that Mexico has to offer and when they were so close to beating him once and for all, those Mexicans still failed.:lol:lol

ezau
11-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Ridiculous, I really don't see how anyone saw Pacman winning this... I just don't see it.

I'm Mexican, and I had Pacman winning this fight before it started, as the fight went on it was clear who was the better boxer... Marquez got robbed.

LOL Mexico. You guys sent all your best boxers and ALL OF THEM FAILED. :lol:lol

ezau
Someone needs to make a part 2:

tF_BHUhJgtU

Got lots of new material.

Pac--2

JMM-0

ezau
Floyd would dominate Manny just as he dominated Marquez. Plain and simple. Its what he does.

Amazing boxing Math by Lakaluva:lol:lol

Pelicans78
11-13-2011, 09:05 AM
The fight was close. Can't say Marquez was screwed, but it was pretty close. Don't think Marquez lost 4 rounds, but it was hard to tell. A lot of rounds looked even. The difference was PAC was more aggressive.

Anyway, think if Mayweather fights the same style as Marquez, he will win.

pawe
11-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Fans and the boxing world was being spoiled by pacman. just because JMM was able to stand toe to toe against him doesnt mean he get robbed.
Everyone is just used to seeing pacman destroy everyone on the ring.
It was a close fight but pacman was the aggressor all night, everyone knows the judges will favor the aggressor.

baseline bum
11-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Give me a fucking break. I'm a huge Pacquiao fan, but the shots he was landing were shit. He needs to get the fuck out of congress, because he's looked lousy ever since getting elected. I know boxing needs Mayweather/Pacquiao to happen, but to rob a legend in what might have been the greatest night of his career is sickening.

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 12:22 PM
You faggots are blind. Didn't you watch the fight again? Pacquiao took care of business and closed out the remaining rounds to take the win. He also landed more punches, 178-135.

If Marquez really wanted to win, counterpunching the champion isn't the way to do it. The challenger has to be the aggressor if he wants to dethrone the champion.

:lol using punches landed to determine a winner

In that case marquez clearly won the first 2 fights since he landed more than pac.

If fights are judged based on being the aggressor how the fuck is Floyd still undefeated? :lmao

:lol aggressor
:lol not how you're suppose to judge fights

And LOL @ those Mexicans thinking their boy won. I know it's tough to see another border-crosser losing to the Filipino fighter, but that's just the way it is.

Pacquiao beat everyone that Mexico has to offer and when they were so close to beating him once and for all, those Mexicans still failed.:lol:lol

:lol don't know shit
:lol fail

ZbyosYCPjps

+ Marquez embarrassing his ass 3 times now. :lol

Cry Havoc
11-13-2011, 12:30 PM
The fight was close. Can't say Marquez was screwed, but it was pretty close. Don't think Marquez lost 4 rounds, but it was hard to tell. A lot of rounds looked even. The difference was PAC was more aggressive.

Anyway, think if Mayweather fights the same style as Marquez, he will win.

Close fight. I could see a Marquez decision juts as I could understand scoring it for Pacquiao. I had it a draw. Marquez didn't do enough to win and constantly backing up from a champ is never a way to take a belt from him unless you slow him down. He never stopped Manny from moving forward for 95% of the fight.

Can't counterpunch your way to a belt unless you do it a lot more effectively.

dbreiden83080
11-13-2011, 12:32 PM
everyone knows the judges will favor the aggressor.

Tell that to Marvin Hagler.. Judges rewarded Sugar A-Hole Leonard for pitter pattering at the end of rounds and being on his bike for 12 rds in 1987..

dbreiden83080
11-13-2011, 12:34 PM
I have not seen the fight yet but in 3 close fights the judges could have given JMM one of them for shit's sake. We know Manny is the money man but JMM fought 36 rds against this guy and has nothing to show for it judges..

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Proffesional Boxers opinion:

SUPERJUDAH ZAB JUDAH 5x Champ!
Robbery!!!!

andreward Andre S.O.G. Ward
Marquez won this fight, period!!

jeanpascalchamp Jean Pascal
On my card Marquez WON!!!!

AmirKingKhan Amir Khan
Look mayb a good draw or marquez by 1-2 rounds.

PaulMalignaggi Paulie Malignaggi
Dont ask me about the fight I will not give you my opinion except that I thought Marquez won #tk!

AndreBerto Andre Berto
Smh WOW..... Come on u know Top Rank wasn't gonna let Marquez **** the money up!!! Great fight though

RealJoeCalzaghe Joe Calzaghe
Just watched Marquez v Pacman and have to say thought Marquez was robbed! Thought he won the first 2 fights also!

ChrisArreola Chris Arreola
Marquez won, true champ. Let's see Mayweather-Pacquiao. ****.

DarrenBarker82 Darren barker
Just watched the fight Jmm won that in my eyes clearly!

andredirrell Andre Dirrell
I really think so! But its so hard 2 sayRT @serhandayi7: @andredirrell JMM had a great night.....he'll always be a style problem for Pac

jcchavezjr1 Julio Cesar Chavez
Gano marquez hoy. Fue un robo juan manuel gano claramente. esto esto es malo para el boxeo. Saludo a todos

SUGARRAYLEONARD Sugar Ray Leonard
The fight against Manny vs Marquez surprised everyone except Marquez! What a display of mental, spiritual and physical training of a boxer!

_FernandoVargas FerozFernandoVargas
MARQUEZ 8 - 4!!!!!! THEY BETTER NOT ROB MARQUEZ!!!!

THEREALBHOP BERNARD HOPKINS EX
@FloydMayweather blow thru @MannyPacquiao easy!!

TheArtistPerez Michael Angelo Perez
If I was #Marquez I'll be holding my head high , cause the whole world know he won. **** what the judges say.

1Babybull Juan Diaz
Great fight for the boxung fans but bad decision by the judges

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 12:38 PM
We all know Top Rank wasn't going to let their cash cow lose. Kellerman kept reminding us that he has a 100 million dollar deal on the table for his next fight.

pawe
11-13-2011, 12:45 PM
When watching the replay, you will see that pacman will unleash a flurry of attacks, Marquez will throw the last punch before the fighters separate since he's a counterpuncher. This last punch will be the one which will register in the viewers minds and not those in between.
The judges have a different eye...thank god for that.

Only reason the world thinks he got robbed is because there were more mexicans in the arena and of course they will boo the shit out of pacman because he's the opponent. They might have also probably swayed the JMM entourage into thinking they were ahead.

Pacman threw and landed more punches. This will be proven in the replays and media and every boxing afficionado will be able see why pacman is clearly the winner.

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 12:48 PM
:lol pactards blinded by poochiaos "flurry of attacks"

Just because he lets his hands go doesn't mean he's being effective. Marquez countering his ass all night making him look like a fool. :lol

Cry Havoc
11-13-2011, 12:49 PM
A prominent SI boxing columnist had it at a draw:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/mma/boxing/11/12/pacquiao.marquez.blog/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t13_a5

I don't see how such a close fight that many boxing fans list as a draw is "robbery" if the victory is given to the champ. That's how boxing has been since it's been televised.

I had it a draw because Marquez hardly ever actually fought with Manny, he seemed content to rest on his laurels and just throw here and there. It would be one thing if these guys were on the undercard, but for Marquez having Manny so figured out, he certainly seemed hesitant to actually do anything except back up and throw straights. That's not how you TAKE a championship belt in my book.

Also: Since when have close rounds not gone to the champ? You want the belt? Don't leave it up to the judges. Don't even give them a choice. Dominate the fight thoroughly, or knock him the fuck out.

Just like every other sport: If you let time go down to 10 seconds and you lose on a bad call, you can't really blame the refs, because you let it get there in the first place.

Manny threw more, landed more, and landed more power punches. They might not have been as flashy as Marquez's shots, but this is FAR from robbery. In a close fight the aggressor will almost always bear out the win, especially considering he's the champ.

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Manny threw more, landed more, and landed more power punches. They might not have been as flashy as Marquez's shots, but this is FAR from robbery. In a close fight the aggressor will almost always bear out the win, especially considering he's the champ.

Marquez threw more, landed more, and landed more power punches in the first 2 fights. :lol

try again. :lol

and sure you can justify a DRAW

but try and justify 116-112

pawe
11-13-2011, 12:58 PM
I have not seen the fight yet but in 3 close fights the judges could have given JMM one of them for shit's sake. We know Manny is the money man but JMM fought 36 rds against this guy and has nothing to show for it judges..

If anyone is shouting robbery, it should be Pacman. Their 1st fight ended up in a draw because of a mistake by one of the judges giving him a score of 10-7 in the first round when it should have been a mandatory 10-6 because JMM fell down 3 times.

How is that so difficult to understand? If a boxer throws more and landed more punches, he should be the winner.
Everyone was counting on pacman to drop marquez so he looks like he lost because marquez was able to take the hits and dish it back.
So for fans, the only way for pacman to win is to win decisively which he wasnt able to do...but he did enough for the judges.

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 01:01 PM
If anyone is shouting robbery, it should be Pacman. Their 1st fight ended up in a draw because of a mistake by one of the judges giving him a score of 10-7 in the first round when it should have been a mandatory 10-6 because JMM fell down 3 times.

How is that so difficult to understand? If a boxer throws more and landed more punches, he should be the winner.
Everyone was counting on pacman to drop marquez so he looks like he lost because marquez was able to take the hits and dish it back.
So for fans, the only way for pacman to win is to win decisively which he wasnt able to do...but he did enough for the judges.

why are pactards so fucking stupid? Marques threw and landed more punches the first 2 fights. So by your logic you're aggreeing that Marquez should've won the first 2 fights?

Compubox :lol

pawe
11-13-2011, 01:05 PM
:lol pactards blinded by poochiaos "flurry of attacks"

Just because he lets his hands go doesn't mean he's being effective. Marquez countering his ass all night making him look like a fool. :lol

The only fool here is you and your childish and immature way of discussing topics.
Pactards? Poochiao? Really?
Dont be an idiot, man.

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Pacquiao vs. Marquez 1 (May 8, 2004)

Pacquiao's total punches landed/thrown: 148/639 for 23 percent

Marquez's total punches landed/thrown: 158/547 for 29 percent

Pacquiao's total power punches landed/thrown: 100/231

Marquez's total power punches landed/thrown: 122/339

Pacquiao vs. Marquez 2 (Mar. 15, 2008)

Pacquiao's total punches landed/thrown: 157/619 for 25 percent.

Marquez's total punches landed/thrown: 172/511 for 34 percent.

Pacquiao's total jabs landed/thrown: 43/314

Marquez's total jabs landed/thrown: 42/201

Pacquiao's total power punches landed/thrown: 114/305

Marquez's total power punches landed/thrown: 130/310

You guys still want to use compubox as proof? :lmao

According to those numbers Marquez clearly won the first 2 fights. what's so difficult to understand?

pawe
11-13-2011, 01:12 PM
why are pactards so fucking stupid? Marques threw and landed more punches the first 2 fights. So by your logic you're aggreeing that Marquez should've won the first 2 fights?

How many times did Marquez go down in the previous 2 fights though?
How many times did Pacman go down?
Aren't knockdowns a part of the scoring?
Did anyone get knocked down the 3rd fight?
Again, Manny threw and landed more punches than JMM in the 3rd fight so he clearly won.

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Who land the clean and effective punches?
Who had ring generalship?
Who controlled the tempo and the pace the entire night?

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 01:16 PM
Pacquiao was aggressive but was it really effective aggressiveness? no.

That's how you score a fight. Not by compubox numbers.

pawe
11-13-2011, 01:18 PM

According to those numbers Marquez clearly won the first 2 fights. what's so difficult to understand?

Only reason why JMM got a draw and got an "almost" draw in the 2nd fight is because he threw and landed more punches than pacman because he was catching up.
What you failed to factor in is the automatic 10-8 score for a knockdown.

Again, for the 3rd fight, with Pacman throwing and landing more punches + no knocked downs on both fighters, who do you think will win?

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 01:19 PM

Pacquiao was aggressive but was it really effective aggressiveness? no.

That's how you score a fight. Not by compubox numbers.

Again, for the 3rd fight, with Pacman throwing and landing more punches + no knocked downs on both fighters, who do you think will win?

For the 3rd fight? Marquez 7 rounds to 5

Baron Davιs
11-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Should have been a draw if anything, but Marquez's corner fcked up by telling him he was winning - was way too conservative down the stretch.

Cry Havoc
11-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Marquez threw more, landed more, and landed more power punches in the first 2 fights. :lol

try again. :lol

and sure you can justify a DRAW

but try and justify 116-112

Close rounds go to the champ. Close fights go to the champ. This is almost always the case. Does it make it right? Not necessarily, like I said I had it a draw, neither fighter impressed me, and at the same time they were both impressive.

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Fans and the boxing world was being spoiled by pacman. just because JMM was able to stand toe to toe against him doesnt mean he get robbed.
Everyone is just used to seeing pacman destroy everyone on the ring.
It was a close fight but pacman was the aggressor all night, everyone knows the judges will favor the aggressor.

In boxing there's a concept called 'ring generalship'. You see the aggressor as the only one controlling the fight. Marquez was the matador to the bull. He blocked and avoided most of what Pac threw while landing the counters. If you're giving rounds to manny on aggression, then it has to be effective which it wasn't. Causing lots of damage with the hits landed, or keeping a guy wary or on his bike, etc. Manny did not boss Marquez. He ran into tons of punches. He did not dictate the pace of the fight. He looked lost in a lot of those rounds.

Cry Havoc
11-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Should have been a draw if anything, but Marquez's corner fcked up by telling him he was winning - was way too conservative down the stretch.

He definitely took his foot off the gas after round 10. Really hurt him I think.

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 01:33 PM

Robbery!!!!

AmirKingKhan Amir Khan

Dont ask me about the fight I will not give you my opinion except that I thought Marquez won #tk!

AndreBerto Andre Berto
Smh WOW..... Come on u know Top Rank wasn't gonna let Marquez **** the money up!!! Great fight though

Just watched Marquez v Pacman and have to say thought Marquez was robbed! Thought he won the first 2 fights also!

I really think so! But its so hard 2 sayRT @serhandayi7: @andredirrell JMM had a great night.....he'll always be a style problem for Pac

Gano marquez hoy. Fue un robo juan manuel gano claramente. esto esto es malo para el boxeo. Saludo a todos

The fight against Manny vs Marquez surprised everyone except Marquez! What a display of mental, spiritual and physical training of a boxer!

If I was #Marquez I'll be holding my head high , cause the whole world know he won. **** what the judges say.

1Babybull Juan Diaz

More boxers chime in:

ChinoMaidana Marcos Maidana
Pobre Márquez lo robaron!

Marvin Hagler "Disgusting result! #ROBBERY!"

OscarDeLaHoya "I'm still sitting on my couch in disbelief. Paquiao cannot compete with a counter puncher like Marquez. Juan has the Patience to wait and capitalize on mistakes. I think this shows how superior mayweather is."

Andre Dirrell "Ok after this fight, I don't know what 2 think! Did JMM just have a good night, or did Pacman put on a great possum show 2 get MW! U TELL ME. GO GET YO GLOVES ON AND COME WHOOP THIS DUDE!!!! PACMAN CAN'T SEE YOU!!!"

Steve Cunningham "All pro fighters I know ,guys which know what to look 4 in a fight had jmm winning. It's not just entertainment to us its a #lifestyle#"

Anthonydirrell "If y'all think that they was bout to lose out on 150 million y'all crazy"

Matthew Macklin "It was close but still wrong...and for it to happen THREE times!!!!!?? WTF!!!"

Terry Norris "Wow! Thought PAC man would win. But clearly Marquez was robbed again. PAC did NOT win this fight."

Omar Henry "Wow I just watched Pacquiao get beat and Marquez get robbed!!!! and yes I was one of the people in the crowd booing the robbery!!!!"

Rashad Holloway "I'm team Pacquiao all day but Marquez won this fight hands down. Sad to see how politics run this sport when fighters work so hard."

Anthony Mundine "I luv PAC too...but he lost fair & square...but I'm sure he will return stronger...PAC v Marquez 4 #bringit. Actually I change my mind! Marquez deserves the pay day v money!! As he was really the victor! Don't think I wanna see 4. Even tho money."

Erik Morales "Nos robaroooon y feo. Marquez total reconocimiento es el segundo mexicano que le pone en su madre a pacquiao, gano y gano muy bien felicidadees!" Which translates to English as "They robbed us and it was an ugly robbery too. To Marquez total recognition, he is the second Mexican to beat the sh!t out of Pacquiao, he won and he won nicely. Congratulations!"

Kendall Holt "If u thought Pacman won or if Marquez needed the 12th to win its clear u don't know ish about this sport."

Peter Manfredo Jr. "Wow, after watching this, I better not leave it to the judges next week!!!"

Gutter92
11-13-2011, 01:34 PM
LMAO @ Pacquiao...that shit was so smart...make urself look weak on purpose, but do enough to win the fight...maybe Mayweather stops ducking now that he thinks he can beat Pac? Genius:rollin

CROFL @ haters/Mexicans mad that ol boy got paid 25 mill, won the match, still @ the top of the world :lmao

pawe
11-13-2011, 01:41 PM
That's 3 wins for Pacman and a big fat 0 for Marquez.
I would blame others too if I cant win against my opponent.
It's like Spurfans blaming the refs after a loss to the Lakers.

Blame the trainer for telling JMM he's ahead when he clearly is not.
You know what, blame his entire entourage for all the shit talking and shirts they're wearing saying he beat pacman twice. So in his mind, he probably thought he is the champ and he should just sit back and relax.

He should just accept defeat and not taint the wins with pussy moves like saying he got robbed or the fight was not called even.
I mean, when the fuck did he knock down Pacman anyway if he was so good at delivering effective punches?

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 01:50 PM
And then he wonders why they call them pactards..

If you haven't noticed yet the whole boxing world is saying marquez won.

TheMACHINE
11-13-2011, 02:03 PM
Lol Mexican fan thinks being knockdown doesn't count in scoring.

Let's be honest here. Marquez shouldn't have his ass touch the canvas in the first two fights and he shouldn't have coasted the last few rounds in the 3rd fight. Simple as that. That's giving up points.

If anything you should be mad at Nacho.

TheMACHINE
11-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Lol at posting tweets from mexican and black people as if they arnt butthurt to begin with.

pawe
11-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Well, he did looked like he got robbed...of his clothes and money and left on the side of the street with just a sombrero.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbE6qBfGl9bA5cu8v1MqxB722L2kI_V iKHJu5FTwclGCHO-3nl

This is good for Pacman if he's going to fight Mayweather. Bring back the focus on boxing and get rid of distractions.

TheMACHINE
11-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Lol @ erik morales claiming "Marquez beat the shit out of Pacman"...really? LoL

pawe
11-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Pacman sent Erik Morales to the hospital. :lol:lol:lol

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 02:26 PM
LOL pactards in damage control

Spurstalk professionals opinion > pro boxers opinion

Lol pacquiao after all these years still can't make in fight adjustments
Lol he has a right hand now
lol where was it?
lol exposed
lol again

O.J. Simpson
11-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Even I'm sickened by this decision.

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Even I'm sickened by this decision.

pawe
11-13-2011, 02:42 PM
I understand the frustration. It's ok to be pissed, my friend.
Pacman sent your legends to the hospital.
He destroyed the best fighters Mexico has to offer.
Really, who's left?

itzsoweezee
11-13-2011, 03:35 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/mma/boxing/11/12/pacquiao.marquez.blog/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t13_a5

I don't see how such a close fight that many boxing fans list as a draw is "robbery" if the victory is given to the champ. That's how boxing has been since it's been televised.

I had it a draw because Marquez hardly ever actually fought with Manny, he seemed content to rest on his laurels and just throw here and there. It would be one thing if these guys were on the undercard, but for Marquez having Manny so figured out, he certainly seemed hesitant to actually do anything except back up and throw straights. That's not how you TAKE a championship belt in my book.

Also: Since when have close rounds not gone to the champ? You want the belt? Don't leave it up to the judges. Don't even give them a choice. Dominate the fight thoroughly, or knock him the fuck out.

Just like every other sport: If you let time go down to 10 seconds and you lose on a bad call, you can't really blame the refs, because you let it get there in the first place.

This is a very reasoned, accurate assessment of the fight.

itzsoweezee
11-13-2011, 03:39 PM

lol @ these selective statistics.

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 03:58 PM
I understand the frustration. It's ok to be pissed, my friend.
Pacman sent your legends to the hospital.
He destroyed the best fighters Mexico has to offer.
Really, who's left?

You don't watch boxing do you? If you did you would know that there are over 20 mexicans that are current world title holders. the most of any other nationality :lmao

How many pinoy wolrd champions are there 2? :lmao

After pacquiao who's left?

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 03:59 PM
lol @ these selective statistics.

Exactly. Lol @ people using compubox.

Cry Havoc
11-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Exactly. Lol @ people using compubox.

lol @ people with a sombrero in their avatar thinking they can argue this fight from an objective perspective.

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Lol Former world champions and hall of famers saying marquez won.

but they're black :cry

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Freddy roach fighters/Manny's friends Amir Khan and Jorge Linares(Not a mexican) both saying Marquez won.

http://i.imgur.com/20c6t.jpg
He's black what does he know. :lol

pawe
11-13-2011, 04:14 PM
I got robbed :cry:cry:cry

Dinamita
11-13-2011, 04:15 PM
:cry:cry:cry Stop trying to taint my hero's win :cry:cry:cry

TheMACHINE
11-13-2011, 04:34 PM
LoL easing up in the Final rounds cuz he thought he won.
LoL 114-114
LoL 115-113
LoL blaming the judges when they should be blaming the trainer for idiotic advice

Cry Havoc
11-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Marquez fought not to lose the entire fight. He fought like a man who wanted to win by 2 points on the judges scorecard at the end. Like a man hoping for the tiniest of majority decisions.

If he's got Manny SO figured out, why not knock him out? Or at least knock him down? Why not hurt him repeatedly? Yeah. He didn't do any of those things. He didn't even TRY to do any of those things. He fought like a man who wanted not to lose.

If this was a basketball game, he would be the team crying about losing by 6 despite shooting 70% for the game because they only took shots from inside 10 feet the entire game.

Cry Havoc
11-13-2011, 04:43 PM
"I whine and bitch about being robbed in two previous fights. So to make up for it, I fight extremely passively in the 3rd fight and shut down in the 11th and 12th rounds in an already close fight, then get pissed off when I don't get the decision."

Spursfan092120
11-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Mayweather's licking his chops right about now.

Cry Havoc
11-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Mayweather's licking his chops right about now.

He has NO reason not to fight Manny now. If he keeps ducking him, we'll know he's scurred.

baseline bum
11-13-2011, 05:02 PM
He has NO reason not to fight Manny now. If he keeps ducking him, we'll know he's scurred.

Who even cares anymore? Mayweather needed two sucker-punches to KO Ortiz and Manny looked flat-out lousy last night. It should have happened two years ago back when they were in their primes.

pawe
11-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Mayweather got pissed and lost control hence the cheap shot. Pacman didnt win decisively. They are still in their primes though.

If they still wont fight in 2012 then fuck the world of boxing.

Sense
11-13-2011, 05:12 PM
He fought like a man who wanted not to lose.

:lol

you should stick to your headphones, pc's, and games when it comes to arguments.

O.J. Simpson
11-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Of course, the Filipino people in this thread defending Pacquaio are very objective.

baseline bum
11-13-2011, 05:32 PM
mayweather got pissed and lost control hence the cheap shot. Pacman didnt win. They are past their primes though.

fify

TheMACHINE
11-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Of course, the Filipino people in this thread defending Pacquaio are very objective.

None of us filipinos are saying that it wasnt a close fight. Using the term "robbery" in a fight that could have easily gone either way is retarted. The fact the Marquez went passive was even worst.

pawe
11-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Not once in the 36 rounds of boxing has he decked Pacman.
So just because he wasn't able to KO marquez, he shouldnt win the fight? :lol
That crybaby was even lucky pacman is distracted, he would've ended up in the hospital too like his fellow Mexican legends if Manny would just quit being a celebrity politician and focus on boxing.

Cry Havoc
11-13-2011, 06:56 PM

you should stick to your headphones, pc's, and games when it comes to arguments.

You should stick to staying out of sports arguments if you're unfamiliar with the phrase "played not to lose instead of playing to win" and think it's valid to call me out for using it. :lol Marquez didn't fight to win last night. He fought like a man who wanted to nick a point or two on the cards the entire fight AND took his foot off the gas in the final two rounds.

Sense
11-13-2011, 07:06 PM
You should stick to staying out of sports arguments if you're unfamiliar with the phrase "played not to lose instead of playing to win" and think it's valid to call me out for using it. :lol Marquez didn't fight to win last night. He fought like a man who wanted to nick a point or two on the cards the entire fight AND took his foot off the gas in the final two rounds.

:lol I really wouldn't be surprised if you didn't watch this fight... and as far as sports :lol weren't you the guy that rode the U.S. bandwagon during the World Cup? Then you show up against France, god knows how long after?

:lol the same guy that said USA>Mexico constantly yet never joined the Gold Cup thread...

Go back to the Geek forums bro. :toast

TheMACHINE
11-13-2011, 07:09 PM
:lol I really wouldn't be surprised if you didn't watch this fight... and as far as sports :lol weren't you the guy that rode the U.S. bandwagon during the World Cup? Then you show up against France, god knows how long after?

:lol the same guy that said USA>Mexico constantly yet never joined the Gold Cup thread...

so you think he wasnt taking it easy since his trainer kept telling him that he is winning the fight at the final rounds?

Cry Havoc
11-13-2011, 07:35 PM

Wow. Did you just really call me out for not being more active in certain forums of Spurstalk? Sorry. I didn't know my interest as a fan of a sport depends solely on the posts I make on a basketball website of a team from Texas. lol

Last I checked, the US did just as well in the last World Cup as Mexico.

People like you are examples of why I spend less and less time on Spurstalk lately. You'd rather talk about post count than actually debate the sport. Tantamount to trolling. Way to go. You sure showed me. I guess in your book ad hominem attacks are how you show off your vast knowledge of the sport, rather than actually having a civilized conversation with me. I guess when you have literally nothing else to go on, it's your best go-to weapon though. :tu

Sense
11-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Wow. Did you just really call me out for not being more active in certain forums of Spurstalk? Sorry. I didn't know my interest as a fan of a sport depends solely on the posts I make on a basketball website of a team from Texas. lol

:lol We all know you're here daily CH, my point is you're not really a fan if you rather argue on a regular basis, trying to change people's opinions on topics that you clearly are right on..

I'm just saying if you claim to be a fan of a team, and start talking shit.. at least make sure to be there to eat crow. :toast

People like you are examples of why I spend less and less time on Spurstalk lately. You'd rather talk about post count than actually debate the sport. Tantamount to trolling. Way to go. You sure showed me. I guess in your book ad hominem attacks are how you show off your vast knowledge of the sport, rather than actually having a civilized conversation with me. I guess when you have literally nothing else to go on, it's your best go-to weapon though. :tu

Post count? :lol
You joined 3 years after I joined, look at the post difference, wtf are you talking about?

Civilized conversation? I've been here long enough to know arguments or "civilized conversations", "debates" with you are never-ending.. You can't lose... so with that said, I'll just say, you won bro!:rolleyes

Sense
11-13-2011, 07:53 PM
so you think he wasnt taking it easy since his trainer kept telling him that he is winning the fight at the final rounds?

Sure he was taking it easy, probably on the last 3 rounds, but by then the fight was decided.. Manny was desperate to get a KO or he knew he was going to lose.. so that's what he tried to do in the end.. Marquez did enough to not give all the rounds to him.

All you have to do is look at the replay of the end of the fight, when Marquez raises his right hand.. and Manny just walks away to his corner..

Have you ever seen someone that "clearly" won not raise his hand(s) ?

That was the first time on a decision match that I've seen it with Manny, I have my opinion.. you guys have yours..

but I'll say it again, before the fight I thought Marquez had no chance.. I was wrong.

Cry Havoc
11-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Sure he was taking it easy, probably on the last 3 rounds, but by then the fight was decided..

A fight that close is decided with 3 rounds to go? Are you serious?

Ah, so fights are determined by who raises their hands at the end. Didn't know that. Stunning boxing insight.

That was the first time on a decision match that I've seen it with Manny, I have my opinion.. you guys have yours..

You haven't backed your opinion up with much yet, other than calling me out for not posting more about soccer. :lol

Sense
11-13-2011, 08:03 PM
A fight that close is decided with 3 rounds to go? Are you serious?

Ah, so fights are determined by who raises their hands at the end. Didn't know that. Stunning boxing insight.

You haven't backed your opinion up with much yet, other than calling me out for not posting more about soccer. :lol

:lol I wouldn't just base it on that, but like I said.. arguing with you is pointless, I was answering him.. had you asked that :lol tell you what, you're right.. you and Manny win.

itzsoweezee
11-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Sure he was taking it easy, probably on the last 3 rounds, but by then the fight was decided

LOL, wtf? You simply don't have a clue.

TheMACHINE
11-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Sure he was taking it easy, probably on the last 3 rounds, but by then the fight was decided.. Manny was desperate to get a KO or he knew he was going to lose.. so that's what he tried to do in the end.. Marquez did enough to not give all the rounds to him.

All you have to do is look at the replay of the end of the fight, when Marquez raises his right hand.. and Manny just walks away to his corner..

but I'll say it again, before the fight I thought Marquez had no chance.. I was wrong.

oh shit..you just lost all credibility of your boxing knowledge with that statment.

Your statement alone admits that Manny won those last 3 rounds which could have easily tipped the score rounds. I hope you understand that the last 3 rounds is still 25% of the fight.

Sense
11-13-2011, 08:32 PM
oh shit..you just lost all credibility of your boxing knowledge with that statment.

Your statement alone admits that Manny won those last 3 rounds which could have easily tipped the score rounds. I hope you understand that the last 3 rounds is still 25% of the fight.

Read that paragraph again..

Sense
11-13-2011, 08:33 PM
LOL, wtf? You simply don't have a clue.

Clearly, I don't... let me take a wild guess as to who you saw winning...

like I said, opinions aren't getting changed.. I'll just agree to disagree, you saw what you saw, I saw what I saw.. I'll be surprised if someone changed their opinions because of this thread.

pawe
11-13-2011, 08:48 PM

He's humble not because he is really humble but because he grew up in a traditional region in the philippines where people feel inferior to foreigners. Yeah he just scored a ferrari but when caught off guard, you will see him show his inferiority complex...hence the non raising of the hands before the decision.

pawe
11-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Stick to the naruto forums faggot.

Tuddy
11-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Marquez fought not to lose the entire fight. He fought like a man who wanted to win by 2 points on the judges scorecard at the end. Like a man hoping for the tiniest of majority decisions.

If he's got Manny SO figured out, why not knock him out? Or at least knock him down? Why not hurt him repeatedly? Yeah. He didn't do any of those things. He didn't even TRY to do any of those things. He fought like a man who wanted not to lose.

If this was a basketball game, he would be the team crying about losing by 6 despite shooting 70% for the game because they only took shots from inside 10 feet the entire game.

He doesn't have him figured out but he naturally likes moving to his left because he has a strong left uppercut and roundhouse and at the same time moving away for Pac's straight or roundhouse left so his style is very suited to southpaw's, particularly ones like pac who don't have much of a right hand.

Sense
11-13-2011, 10:08 PM
He's humble not because he is really humble but because he grew up in a traditional region in the philippines where people feel inferior to foreigners. Yeah he just scored a ferrari but when caught off guard, you will see him show his inferiority complex...hence the non raising of the hands before the decision.

:wakeup

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff456/marquezisdaman/pacjmm1.jpg is he just being humble?

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff456/marquezisdaman/pacjmm7.jpg

Cry Havoc
11-13-2011, 10:11 PM
:wakeup

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff456/marquezisdaman/pacjmm1.jpg is he just being humble?

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff456/marquezisdaman/pacjmm7.jpg

So you DO determine who wins a fight on your card by who raises his hands at the end of the fight? I can see how that makes sense in your head given you apparently think 1/3rd of the fight doesn't matter on scorecards.

Of course Manny was disappointed and frustrated. He wanted to knock Marquez out tonight. He was pissed that Marquez wanted to play cat and mouse for 12 rounds instead of throwing down.

LakerHater
11-13-2011, 10:17 PM
So you DO determine who wins a fight on your card by who raises his hands at the end of the fight? I can see how that makes sense in your head given you apparently think 1/3rd of the fight doesn't matter on scorecards.

Of course Manny was disappointed and frustrated. He wanted to knock Marquez out tonight. He was pissed that Marquez wanted to play cat and mouse for 12 rounds instead of throwing down.

WTF?!
JMM was the aggresser for most of, if not all of, the fight!

Cry Havoc
11-13-2011, 10:24 PM
WTF?!

Wow. You need to watch the fight again. Or maybe have a basic understanding of boxing. JMM was the aggressor yet constantly backing up? JMM was the aggressor yet threw 140 FEWER punches than Pacquiao and landed 40 fewer total? Does any of that make sense to you?

Go back. And watch the fight again. JMM was about as reactive as a fighter could be. With the exception of 3-4 times in the entire fight he never initiated a single trading of punches.

pawe
11-13-2011, 10:25 PM
WTF?!

He wont do jackshit unless pacman moves in. His entire gameplan relies heavily on how pacman attacks him. He's a counterpuncher you know.

Sense
11-13-2011, 10:28 PM

Sorry you had to butt in again, I just asked pawe if he was being humble then, I didn't quite catch it..

but sorry to disappoint you, you already won :(

LakerHater
11-13-2011, 10:32 PM
He wont do jackshit unless pacman moves in. His entire gameplan relies heavily on how pacman attacks him. He's a counterpuncher you know.
Thats what Im talking about, counter punchers dont usually attack, everytime Pacuiao moved in & threw JMM countered!

pawe
11-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Sorry you had to butt in again, I just asked pawe if he was being humble then, I didn't quite catch it..

but sorry to disappoint you, you already won :(

Humble probably was the wrong word. And I really dont have a word for his demeanor but he is a guy who grew up in the provinces and is not flamboyant enough to raise his hand while the outcome is not yet known. Watch the pacman jmm 2 ending and you'll notice he got suckered into raising his hands when jmm did it. He looked awkward.

pawe
11-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Again, stick to the naruto forum, faggot.

Cry Havoc
11-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Cry Havoc, the video gamer and resident geek thinks his opinion matters. The entire boxing world knows Marquez got robbed.

lakaluva talking shit again in a forum where he was discovered trying to impersonate a large black man. :lmao

Cry Havoc
11-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Cry Havoc, the video gamer and resident geek thinks his opinion matters. The entire boxing world knows Marquez got robbed.

Lakaluva thinks HIS or anyone else's opinion matters. :lmao :lmao :lmao 116-112 114-114 115-113 is what matters, Naruto.

baseline bum
11-13-2011, 10:59 PM
116-112 was a complete disgrace.

Cry Havoc
11-13-2011, 11:16 PM
116-112 was a complete disgrace.

There were 3 clear rounds for Manny in that fight and 3 clear rounds for Marquez. Everything else was up to interpretation. 116-112 is still a damn close fight, which it was.

I had it a draw, but I could see 116-112 for either fighter with no problems. That's the definition of a close fight. Watch it again.

Venti Quattro
11-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Manny didn't deserve to winPERIOD

He's so distracted with all the hoopla around him. Politics, showbiz, endorsements, impregnating chicks. He can't even focus on boxing and he's fighting someone who caves in the jungle to train. He needs to clean house and set his priorities before somebody does it for him in the ring.

TheMACHINE
11-13-2011, 11:57 PM
He didn't deserve to win cuz he fought a boxer who always gave him trouble? Sorry, I don't follow that logic buddy.

Venti Quattro
11-14-2011, 12:01 AM
Marquez gave him trouble in the past but it was clear that Manny had the edge. That was clear even though it went the distance. This time, Manny made Marquez look like he was still in his prime. He was lucky to eke out this win.

Scrah you're starting to sound like a Filipino politician -- full of excuses.

Venti Quattro
11-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Where was the blinding speed that pundits were saying Manny was showing during training sessions? Marquez knew where Manny was coming from rounds 1 to 12.

TheMACHINE
11-14-2011, 12:08 AM
Excuses...Manny won...and won barely. Where's the excuses? Im not the ones who used "robbery" and "doesn't deserve". Seems like the JMM fans are the ones making excuses and being emotional in here. Pac fans in here are simply stating it was a close fight that can easily gone either way.

baseline bum
11-14-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm a Pac fan and not a JMM one, and Manny got beat. Manny couldn't land shit. The story of the fight was Manny swings and misses. He fought a stupid fight never going to the body and deserved the loss. Venti is right; Manny's fame and congressional job have softened his ass up. I miss the Manny who fucked more Mexicans up than the INS.

IronMaxipad
11-14-2011, 12:27 AM
Found a new sig

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xN60P2NWRcI/Tr9ZpR9k6vI/AAAAAAAAGMA/CcHRcLO_698/s1600/3.gif

Here you see Manny aggressively taking lead rights. :)

TheMACHINE
11-14-2011, 12:32 AM
I'm a Pac fan and not a JMM one, and Manny got beat. Manny couldn't land shit. The story of the fight was Manny swings and misses. He fought a stupid fight never going to the body and deserved the loss. Venti is right; Manny's fame and congressional job have softened his ass up. I miss the Manny who fucked more Mexicans up than the INS.

I respect this view. Though its unfortunate that Marquez slow down at the end which most jmm fans even admit.

Cry Havoc
11-14-2011, 01:34 AM
Found a new sig

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xN60P2NWRcI/Tr9ZpR9k6vI/AAAAAAAAGMA/CcHRcLO_698/s1600/3.gif

Here you see Manny aggressively taking lead rights. :)

3 moments in the fight = the entire fight, got it.

IronMaxipad
11-14-2011, 01:38 AM
3 moments in the fight = the entire fight, got it.

lol? Reading a little to much into a gif i think.

IronMaxipad
11-14-2011, 01:42 AM
But those rights were landing all night.

IronMaxipad
11-14-2011, 01:54 AM
Where was the blinding speed that pundits were saying Manny was showing during training sessions? Marquez knew where Manny was coming from rounds 1 to 12.

Timing beats speed.

ezau
11-14-2011, 06:31 AM

Touche. Just like in basketball, boxing superstars get the nod of the judges in close rounds. Marquez landed the flashier punches but that's about it. Pacquiao was the aggressor all fight long.

Pacquiao- 2
Marquez-0

ezau
11-14-2011, 06:31 AM

Robbery!!!!

AmirKingKhan Amir Khan

AndreBerto Andre Berto

1Babybull Juan Diaz

Pacquiao 2

Marquez 0

Try again:lol:lol:lol

ezau
11-14-2011, 06:33 AM

LOL knocked down 4 times
LOL counterpunching
LOL thinking that he dethroned Pac
LOL 0-3 against Pac

:lol:lol:lol

ezau
11-14-2011, 06:34 AM

Ring generalship for Marquez= backpedaling and counterpunching. Yeah that's ring generalship :lol:lol

Pacquiao-2
Marquez-0

Try again :lol:lol

ezau
11-14-2011, 06:35 AM
In boxing there's a concept called 'ring generalship'. You see the aggressor as the only one controlling the fight. Marquez was the matador to the bull. He blocked and avoided most of what Pac threw while landing the counters. If you're giving rounds to manny on aggression, then it has to be effective which it wasn't. Causing lots of damage with the hits landed, or keeping a guy wary or on his bike, etc. Manny did not boss Marquez. He ran into tons of punches. He did not dictate the pace of the fight. He looked lost in a lot of those rounds.

Don't know shit

:lol:lol

ezau
11-14-2011, 06:37 AM
And then he wonders why they call them pactards..

If you haven't noticed yet the whole boxing world is saying marquez won.

Well they should give Marquez the WBO welterweight title then. :lol:lol

LOL no title:lol:lol

ezau
11-14-2011, 06:38 AM
Lol @ erik morales claiming "Marquez beat the shit out of Pacman"...really? LoL

Dude is just butthurt Pacquiao ended his pathetic career in their trilogy

ezau
11-14-2011, 06:40 AM
Ive watched the first two fights multiple times and thought Manny won both by a close decision. I saw last nights fight and thought it was one of the worst scores ive ever seen in boxing. Manny is the better brawler and Marquez is the better boxer. Everything that Manny had success with in the first two fights was neutralized in the third fight. Just because Manny was coming forward doesn't mean he was the more aggressive fighter. Marquez fought a perfect fight and should have been given the win, but we all know why he didn't get it. Id like to know what Arum was saying to Marquez directly after the decision was called. He was begging for something then Marquez just left the ring. The fans spoke by booing. The fighters spoke by tweeting. The last time I saw a decision this bad was Holyfield vs Lennox. Marquez should move on.

I'm sure Marquez will be bitter all his life because of getting flattened by Pac in all their three fights.

ezau
11-14-2011, 06:42 AM
You don't watch boxing do you? If you did you would know that there are over 20 mexicans that are current world title holders. the most of any other nationality :lmao

How many pinoy wolrd champions are there 2? :lmao

After pacquiao who's left?

Barrera check
Morales check
Margariro check
De La Hoya check
Marquez check

All legends, all losers against Pacquiao. If Julio Cesar Chavez was fighting, Pac would destroy that bum in three rounds. :lol:lol:lol

ezau
11-14-2011, 06:46 AM
You pactards are a blind bunch. When Mayweather kicks his ass then you will say hes too old, even though Mayweather is older.

That fight should happen ASAP

ezau
11-14-2011, 06:48 AM
Shut the fuck up. He know he lost so he went to his corner and start crying.

So this is what you do when you're not sucking Kool's dick

ezau
11-14-2011, 06:51 AM
But those rights were landing all night.

Still not enough to beat the Pac-Monster. Sorry, GIFs don't equal a title belt.

ezau
11-14-2011, 08:36 AM
Look at Marquez intentionally stepping on Pac's foot to prevent him from using his vaunted footwork:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/310284_10150474104495041_703130040_11040548_483462 857_n.jpg

hater
11-14-2011, 09:57 AM
I had a draw up to the 12th round and then Manny won that round. So it was a very close fight that could have gone either way. Welcome to boxing. Usually the benefit of the doubt is given to the superstar champ.

As to why it was such a close fight? Marquez always give Manny trouble. Hello?

TheMACHINE
11-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Hater is right...there is always the key "issues" that sway the scorecards to pacs favor:

Fight one: the three knockdowns in round 1
Fight two: the only knockdown in the late rounds
Fight three: giving up round 12 cuz he thought he was winning.

pawe
11-14-2011, 11:49 AM
But according to Marquez supporters here, Marquez was the aggressor all night.
LOL counterpuncher being the aggressor.

Everyone knows Pacman will be the aggressor whoever he fights in the ring. That's his style.
That JMM loser should just retire and give it a rest. Best he can do is to just draw against Pacman.

DAF86
11-14-2011, 12:28 PM
I just saw the fight, I have 116-112 for Marquez.

DAF86
11-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Fight three: giving up round 12 cuz he thought he was winning.

In what world did Marquez give up round 12?

SUO_92Oi7Vk

I don't see Marquez beign specially cautious there.

TheMACHINE
11-14-2011, 12:57 PM
It wasnt specific,he slowed down since the 10th round... marquez brought it in the middle rounds...even "Sense" stated in the last few pages that Marquez coasted.

DAF86
11-14-2011, 01:02 PM
It wasnt specific,he slowed down since the 10th round... marquez brought it in the middle rounds...even "Sense" stated in the last few pages that Marquez coasted.

Neither was Pac then. The only round that Pacquiao clearly dominated was the 11th, besides that they were either in favour of Marquez or pretty even.

DAF86
11-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Neither was Pac then. The only round that Pacquiao clearly dominated was the 11th, besides that they were either in favour of Marquez or pretty even.

Or did you mean that what you say wasn't specific?

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 01:22 PM

Don't know shit

:lol:lol
clearly you don't stop embarrassing yourself. :lol

Look at Marquez intentionally stepping on Pac's foot to prevent him from using his vaunted footwork:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/310284_10150474104495041_703130040_11040548_483462 857_n.jpg

You must be new to boxing. :lmao

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 01:31 PM

The Judge that scored it 116-112 for Pac, gave marquez the 12th round..
:lol he shouldn't have slowed down :lol

I rewatched the fight last night have 7 rounds to 5. it was a close fight but there wasn't any rounds that Manny clearly dominated except for maybe 1 like you said. Marquez had 4 rounds where he clearly dominated.

And :lol at people still confusing lunging and off-balance wild shots as being effective aggressiveness.

Can someone explain how Floyd is still Undefeated yet he's never the "aggressor"?
Thanks. :lol

pawe
11-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Can someone explain how Floyd is still Undefeated yet he's never the "aggressor"?

Because he hasn't fought Pacman yet.

cheguevara
11-14-2011, 03:14 PM
neither was more aggresive than the other. Pacman was better in the beginning and end rounds. Marquez was better in the middle rounds.

agree with what stated above, the challenger has to go for a knockdown vs. the champ or risk losing in a decision. Gayweather gets the same treatment. Why can't pacman?

Cry Havoc
11-14-2011, 03:15 PM

How many fights has Floyd has where his opponent lands 40+ more punches than he does? Thanks.

cheguevara
11-14-2011, 03:15 PM
that being said. this was the worst pacman performance I have ever seen. And I have seen his past 20 bouts.

Cry Havoc
11-14-2011, 03:20 PM
that being said. this was the worst pacman performance I have ever seen. And I have seen his past 20 bouts.

Morales I?

cheguevara
11-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Morales I?

Pacman showed his heart and left it all on the floor vs. Morales. He was not only cut, but he was exhausted and still was this close from knocking Morales out in round 12.

Last saturday on the other hand, he looked old, clumsy and with a pathetic defense. His footwork was terrible and he showed no heart. He was lucky to come out with the decision.

Cry Havoc
11-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Pacman showed his heart and left it all on the floor vs. Morales. He was not only cut, but he was exhausted and still was this close from knocking Morales out in round 12.

Last saturday on the other hand, he looked old, clumsy and with a pathetic defense. His footwork was terrible and he showed no heart. He was lucky to come out with the decision.

Perhaps, but I thought Manny was much more technically sound and smarter against Marquez. I don't know. Close call. You could also argue that Manny just wasn't ready for Morales when they fought the first time.

Cry Havoc
11-14-2011, 03:49 PM
I also have to hand it to Marquez. At 38, he was very close to if not in the best shape of his career.

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 03:56 PM
How many fights has Floyd has where his opponent lands 40+ more punches than he does? Thanks.

Damn it really is sad how some of you are completely clueless when it comes to boxing. Again pulling compubox numbers? really? Fights aren't scored on punches landed. and the judges don't have access to these numbers either while judging the fight.. I thought we went over this already. and 40+ punches? Power punces landed manny only landed 17 more. nice try.

But to answer your question.
Jose Luis Castillo vs Mayweather 1
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/825/snapshot200510271046059iw.png

You're welcome dumbass. :lol

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Perhaps, but I thought Manny was much more technically sound and smarter against Marquez. I don't know. Close call. You could also argue that Manny just wasn't ready for Morales when they fought the first time.

Even Pacquiao fans know this isn't true. :lol

Seriously you are probably the only person who thinks Manny was technically sound and smarter on saturday.

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Watch the fight again i'll even give you a link. Manny was sloppy and couldn't put any combinations together all night. He was reaching, lunging, and offbalance.

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 04:16 PM
JCX9lVqyfu0

:lol Manny will you fight floyd in May? IDK idk idk. Cant you just say yes? :lmao

:lol Bob Arum we want to make Marquez Pac fight again. This fucking jew is toxic to the sport :lmao

no one wants to see that shit again. Look at bob's eyes light up. It will break all Monetary records :greedy:greedy

TheMACHINE
11-14-2011, 04:39 PM
we're going in circles....

Pacquiao fans in here admit it was a close fight and that it could have easily gone either way just like the first 2 fights.

Marquez fans think it was "CLEAR" that Marquez won.

And just like the past 3 fights its always gonna be controversial...in addition to the technical points that marquez lost in the knockdowns, judges take agression as ring control. Compunumbers dont say it all, but they do sway the outlook of the fight.

Cry Havoc
11-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Damn it really is sad how some of you are completely clueless when it comes to boxing. Again pulling compubox numbers? really? Fights aren't scored on punches landed. and the judges don't have access to these numbers either while judging the fight.. I thought we went over this already. and 40+ punches? Power punces landed manny only landed 17 more. nice try.

But to answer your question.
Jose Luis Castillo vs Mayweather 1
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/825/snapshot200510271046059iw.png

So wait, it's wrong to use compubox as a basis for an argument, right? I remember that fight, it wasn't even close. Mayweather dominated the first 5-6 rounds before Castillo even started landing anything of significance. It was NOTHING like this fight. Castillo was also penalized for a headbutt if memory serves, although I'm not sure, I remember a point deduction.

Wasn't that the fight that also counted Castillo's punching during clinches?

pawe
11-14-2011, 04:52 PM

Well, what more can we say then? None of us except Dinamita here know anything about boxing.
Wonder why he's home posting in Spurstalk instead of working for the WBC.

Anyway, Im done here. We all are just saying the same things over and over again.

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 04:52 PM
we're going in circles....

Pacquiao fans in here admit it was a close fight and that it could have easily gone either way just like the first 2 fights.

Marquez fans think it was "CLEAR" that Marquez won.

And just like the past 3 fights its always gonna be controversial...in addition to the technical points that marquez lost in the knockdowns, judges take agression as ring control. Compunumbers dont say it all, but they do sway the outlook of the fight.

Wat. I admit it was a close fight 7-5 isn't close? . I said there were rounds that Marquez Clearly won. Which there are. Compubox dont sway the outlook of anything. breh they aren't even accurate numbers. What rounds did Manny CLEARLY Win? I found it hard to find many even DAF had trouble. I watched it again last night.

Cry Havoc
11-14-2011, 04:56 PM
Wat. I admit it was a close fight 7-5 isn't close? . I said there were rounds that Marquez Clearly won. Which there are. Compubox dont sway the outlook of anything. breh they aren't even accurate numbers. What rounds did Manny CLEARLY Win? I found it hard to find many even DAF had trouble. I watched it again last night.

The fact that you even think you even have a shadow of objectivity is amusing.

Cry Havoc
11-14-2011, 04:57 PM
http://michaeldsellers.com/blog/2011/11/13/dear-juan-manuel-marquez/

Dear Juan Manuel Marquez,

First, congratulations on an excellent performance against Manny Pacquiao on November 12. You demonstrated that more than any other fighter, you have figured out the Pacquiao puzzle. You deserve great credit for that. [Desplácese hacia abajo de la letra en español]

In your post fight interview you said you were robbed, and that you might retire. That’s understandable in the heat of the moment right after the fight, but after you’ve had a chance to reflect on it, I hope you will elect to continue. It is clear you have the skills and physical ability, and Bernard Hopkins has certainly taught us that 38 is not as old as we thought it was. Your performance against Manny reinforces that.

If you elect to continue fighting, and in particular if you elect to challenge Manny Pacquiao to a fourth fight, I would respectfully suggest that you need to be aware of some realities about judges scoring. Had you been more fully concious and accepting of them this time, you might have won the fight by pushing yourself harder in the later rounds when the fight still hung in the balance. True, by pushing yourself you would be exposing yourself to more risk — even to a possible knockout, but that is always the way of it when you are the challenger attempting to take the belt away from the champion.

The judges in Nevada are charged to look for a) clean, effective punching, b) effective aggression, c) ring generalship, and d) defense. A study of how US (and most other) judges score over the last 10 years shows that in a close fight, the judges almost always favor the fighter who presses the action and is perceived as the aggressor in the fight. Being the aggressor almost always generates a higher punch output, and even if the punches aren’t completely clean, the judges reward the attacking style which, even if it doesn’t result in clean punches, does expose the aggressor to greater risk than his opponent–something that the judges evidently feel should be rewarded. Your reliance on counterpunching, while it may produce cleaner landed shots, will always put you at a disadvantage with judges in a close fight if you rely heavily on the counterpunching style and do not act as the aggressor.

To state the equation very clearly: The very act of launching an attack against a composed, skillful opponent whose guard is up is a risky manuever which exposes the attacker. By taking that risk and launching that attack, the attacker gains favor in the eyes of the judges, and even if his punches don’t land as cleanly as your counterpunches, he gets credit for a) forcing the action and being the aggressor, b) taking the risk associated with attacking a skilled, waiting opponent.

In your first two fights with Manny Pacquiao, while you were oriented toward counterpunching, you also launched offensive attacks and in both of those fights you had a higher volume of punches that Pacquiao; a higher landed punch total; and a higher number of solid, compelling punches. But in those fights — he knocked you down four times. There is no doubt that if you had not been knocked down, you would have won both those fights because all of the other statistics were in your favor.

But this is not true of your most recent fight. In that fight Pacquiao had a higher volume of attacks; higher volume of punches; higher number of landed punches; higher number of landed powershots. Your counters were effective and in some cases dramatic — but by its very nature, your counterpunch oriented approach will impress the fans (and your trainer, evidently), but unless you create knockdowns it will not impress the judges — at least it won’ t impress them enough to offset the advantages that Pacquiao is gaining from his constantly being the aggressor; constantly exposing himself to risk by launching attacks against a waiting opponent; and in doing so generating an overall impression that he’s moving forward while you’re moving backwards; he’s getting off more punches (hence taking more risk); he’s landing more punches even if they’re not as clean (after all he’s punching a waiting opponent, not an exposed one).

Also, if I may offer one other piece of advice. In each of these fights, your Hall of Fame trainer Mr. Berestain has repeatedly told you in the corner between rounds that you are winning the fight. By now, given your highly intelligent nature, you must realize that no matter what Mr. Berestain says, you must keep fighting as if you are not ahead. You are the challenger; the underdog; and you are using a counterpunching style that puts you at a disadvantage with judges. You must never assume you are ahead. In the fight on November 12, if you had gone into the “championship rounds” with the attitude that you must win these rounds, the outcome of the fight might have been different.

Sincerely,,

A Fight Fan who appreciates what you bring to the sport

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 05:02 PM
The fact that you even think you even have a shadow of objectivity is amusing.

Should i change my avatar? So because Pawe doesn't have a Pac avatar he knows what he's talking about. :lol

Tell me what rounds Pacquiao won clearly please.

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 05:04 PM
452 Marquez fans :lol

http://i.imgur.com/1hbxQ.jpg

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520477

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 05:06 PM
http://michaeldsellers.com/blog/2011/11/13/dear-juan-manuel-marquez/

Dear Juan Manuel Marquez,

First, congratulations on an excellent performance against Manny Pacquiao on November 12. You demonstrated that more than any other fighter, you have figured out the Pacquiao puzzle. You deserve great credit for that. [Desplácese hacia abajo de la letra en español]

In your post fight interview you said you were robbed, and that you might retire. That’s understandable in the heat of the moment right after the fight, but after you’ve had a chance to reflect on it, I hope you will elect to continue. It is clear you have the skills and physical ability, and Bernard Hopkins has certainly taught us that 38 is not as old as we thought it was. Your performance against Manny reinforces that.

If you elect to continue fighting, and in particular if you elect to challenge Manny Pacquiao to a fourth fight, I would respectfully suggest that you need to be aware of some realities about judges scoring. Had you been more fully concious and accepting of them this time, you might have won the fight by pushing yourself harder in the later rounds when the fight still hung in the balance. True, by pushing yourself you would be exposing yourself to more risk — even to a possible knockout, but that is always the way of it when you are the challenger attempting to take the belt away from the champion.

The judges in Nevada are charged to look for a) clean, effective punching, b) effective aggression, c) ring generalship, and d) defense. A study of how US (and most other) judges score over the last 10 years shows that in a close fight, the judges almost always favor the fighter who presses the action and is perceived as the aggressor in the fight. Being the aggressor almost always generates a higher punch output, and even if the punches aren’t completely clean, the judges reward the attacking style which, even if it doesn’t result in clean punches, does expose the aggressor to greater risk than his opponent–something that the judges evidently feel should be rewarded. Your reliance on counterpunching, while it may produce cleaner landed shots, will always put you at a disadvantage with judges in a close fight if you rely heavily on the counterpunching style and do not act as the aggressor.

To state the equation very clearly: The very act of launching an attack against a composed, skillful opponent whose guard is up is a risky manuever which exposes the attacker. By taking that risk and launching that attack, the attacker gains favor in the eyes of the judges, and even if his punches don’t land as cleanly as your counterpunches, he gets credit for a) forcing the action and being the aggressor, b) taking the risk associated with attacking a skilled, waiting opponent.

In your first two fights with Manny Pacquiao, while you were oriented toward counterpunching, you also launched offensive attacks and in both of those fights you had a higher volume of punches that Pacquiao; a higher landed punch total; and a higher number of solid, compelling punches. But in those fights — he knocked you down four times. There is no doubt that if you had not been knocked down, you would have won both those fights because all of the other statistics were in your favor.

But this is not true of your most recent fight. In that fight Pacquiao had a higher volume of attacks; higher volume of punches; higher number of landed punches; higher number of landed powershots. Your counters were effective and in some cases dramatic — but by its very nature, your counterpunch oriented approach will impress the fans (and your trainer, evidently), but unless you create knockdowns it will not impress the judges — at least it won’ t impress them enough to offset the advantages that Pacquiao is gaining from his constantly being the aggressor; constantly exposing himself to risk by launching attacks against a waiting opponent; and in doing so generating an overall impression that he’s moving forward while you’re moving backwards; he’s getting off more punches (hence taking more risk); he’s landing more punches even if they’re not as clean (after all he’s punching a waiting opponent, not an exposed one).

Also, if I may offer one other piece of advice. In each of these fights, your Hall of Fame trainer Mr. Berestain has repeatedly told you in the corner between rounds that you are winning the fight. By now, given your highly intelligent nature, you must realize that no matter what Mr. Berestain says, you must keep fighting as if you are not ahead. You are the challenger; the underdog; and you are using a counterpunching style that puts you at a disadvantage with judges. You must never assume you are ahead. In the fight on November 12, if you had gone into the “championship rounds” with the attitude that you must win these rounds, the outcome of the fight might have been different.

Sincerely,,

A Fight Fan who appreciates what you bring to the sport
:sleep

Juan Manuel Marquez Robbed In Las Vegas! Arum Wants Marquez-Pacquiao IV

By James Slater: So much for Manny Pacquiao ending all arguments by winning a decisive victory over Juan Manuel Marquez in their third meeting. Last night’s majority win for Pac-Man asked way more questions than it gave us answers. Just who is the better fighter of the two - the Filipino superstar or the Mexican hero?

Last night’s fight, for me, showed three things: Pacquiao has lost a step, he is no longer the speed demon we have grown accustomed to seeing, and Marquez will always have his number. Did Marquez deserve the win last night? For me, definitely. For what it’s worth, I had it a wide eight rounds to four for the amazing 38-year-old. Doubtless a lot of fans agreed with me, seeing how there was plenty of booing to be heard inside the MGM Grand as the decision was announced.

Marquez, amazingly, was the faster fighter of the two, he had the sharper, more accurate punches - his right hand to the head proving to be a nightmare for Pac-Man, bang on target as it was all night long - and the older man even took Pacquiao to school on occasion. Pacquiao’s balance was poor, his punches fell short at times and he looked a frustrated, even demoralised fighter at the end of the engrossing 12 rounds.

Marquez stormed out of the ring as soon as the cards were read out, and who can blame him? Many fans and experts had “Dinamita” winning the previous two fights with Pacquiao, yet the 2004 and 2008 bouts were mighty close. Last night’s fight was not close: Marquez was flat out robbed. Esteemed U.K boxing pundit Steve Bunce, a studio guest for Prime Time, went as far as to say he will be shocked if last night’s decision is not investigated by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

No way will the decision be overturned, but an inquiry may happen anyway. Pacquiao said post-fight how he knew he’d won clearly, and his promoter Bob Arum was all smiles after the fight. Deep down, however, I’m sure both men know Marquez was the real winner last night. Freddie Roach also has to know his fighter lost.

But what next for the Pound-for-Pound king (is Pacquiao actually still deserving of such a lofty distinction?) and Marquez? Arum, beaming as he spoke, talked of his desire to “smash all box office records” with a fourth instalment of Pacquiao Vs. Marquez. Arum spoke of having the fight next May. Aside from winning by a clean KO, though, what chance will Marquez have of having his hand raised in a fourth fight? And where will Floyd Mayweather turn if Pacquiao fights Marquez again, instead of facing him in the fight we have been asking for for years?

Mayweather also wants to fight in May: will Arum look to upstage “Money” by hosting Pacquiao-Marquez IV that same month, also in Vegas? For the first time, I’m now convinced Mayweather will beat Pacquiao. No longer the ferocious, unstoppable dynamo he was a year or two ago, Pacquiao has slowed down sufficiently for Mayweather to be able to take him. Was this what the canny Mayweather was waiting for all the time?

The final world must go to the quite brilliant Marquez. What he did last night was truly remarkable - even if the three judges didn’t think so. Despite failing to get the win, Marquez still shook up the sport big time.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=29851&more=1

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 05:08 PM
X_0MJhiw_SQ

TheMACHINE
11-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Whats funny is that MArquez won on some judges scorecard in the first 2 fights and not one judge had him winning on the recent one. Concidence that Maruez threw more back then? Crazy how agression really factors in these decisions.

TheGreatest23
11-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Just curious Dinamita...who did you think won the first 2 fights?

Cry Havoc
11-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Should i change my avatar? So because Pawe doesn't have a Pac avatar he knows what he's talking about. :lol

Tell me what rounds Pacquiao won clearly please.

What does what Pawe has been saying have to do with what I said? I guess because he's a Manny homer automatically invalidates what I say, is that it?

:sleep

blah blah blah

We know man. People who disagree with you are wrong and know nothing about boxing, people who agree with you are experts on pugilism. That's all that's left for you to say at this point, because every other post you make not-so-subtly hints at it.

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 05:46 PM
You can disagree with me but bringing up compubox to score the fight, a picture of marquez stepping on his foot then yes they clearly don't know. This isn't amateur boxing fights aren't scored based on how much you land.

Doesn't matter if i'm a JMM fan or not tons of people say he won from pro boxers, hof, current world champions, trainers, pac fans, and nearly all of the press row scoring had him winning again. I guess they can't be objective and are hidden Marquez fans.

btw i still want to know what rounds were CLEAR manny rounds.

TheGreatest23
11-14-2011, 05:57 PM
^^ you expecting people to watch all 12 rounds again? jeez. lol obsessed much?

TheGreatest23
11-14-2011, 06:05 PM
im not a big fight fan and dont care for who wins or loses, but i honestly think the fight was so close in each round that anyone could have won and im not surprised there was a draw in the scorecard.

just my two cents.

weebo
11-14-2011, 06:27 PM
I just want to know one thing. If Pacquiao really won that fight, wouldn't he have landed enough punches to send Marquez to the canvas? I've seen Manny send guys twice his size lights out yet he couldn't do it with a guy his size?

TheMACHINE
11-14-2011, 06:51 PM
I just want to know one thing. If Pacquiao really won that fight, wouldn't he have landed enough punches to send Marquez to the canvas? I've seen Manny send guys twice his size lights out yet he couldn't do it with a guy his size?

Marquez and his fans believed Marquez won the first two fights, and pacquiao sent him to the canvas 4 times (let it be known that marquez has never sent Pacquiao to the canvas). So does your question really have relevance?...if so, please explain.

JamStone
11-14-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm late to the discussion, but thought I'd give my two cents. Disclaimer: I'm Filipino and I'm in no way, shape, or form a boxing fanatic or enthusiast. I did watch the fight, and I think I have a fairly objective take on it.

I don't think Pacquiao won the fight. On the flip side, I don't think Marquez won the fight either. Neither fighter gave me a very strong impression. I do think Manny was more aggressive for much of the fight, but his aggression was tempered by his inability to get sustained rallies with combinations going. And a lot of that had to do with Marquez's obvious style and strategy. I don't think either fighter took the fight by any means. To me, the most fair decision would have been a draw.

To a few of the points, I wouldn't say it's right or wrong, but to me because I do think the fight was pretty much a toss-up, I understand why the two judges went in favor of Pacquiao, to keep the hype and purse for a possible Mayweather fight at its peak. And to the point that has been talked about the most, whether or not Nacho believed Marquez was winning the fight in the final 2-3 rounds, if you're Marquez, don't you have to leave no doubt and attack Manny? Especially with that cut over his eye the last two rounds. An aggressive Marquez in the last 2-3 rounds, and he stands a really good shot of taking the decision imo.

I thought Marquez's overall gameplan and strategy gave him a chance to win. But when you don't go for the kill in the final rounds when you had a chance to do so, you leave it up to the judges and risk something like that happening. Knock Manny down just once, give a more convincing 11th and/or 12th round, I think we are talking about Marquez taking the fight.

weebo
11-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Marquez and his fans believed Marquez won the first two fights, and pacquiao sent him to the canvas 4 times (let it be known that marquez has never sent Pacquiao to the canvas). So does your question really have relevance?...if so, please explain.

Let me start by saying that I'm a fan of neither these two guys so I'm not making excuses for Marquez if that's your assumption. Now as you stated, Pacquiao sent Marquez down 4 times in the previous two fights which he didn't overwhelm and many might say barely won. However, many are clamoring victory in a bout where it looked like to me he did a lot less.

Now you can say the Marquez didn't deserve to win because he didn't take it from Pacquiao, but Marquez is a champion and great fighter in his own right. He certainly doesn't need to prove his worth to any judge. Could he have done more? Sure but so could Pacquiao. I'm just saying that neither fighter did anything spectacular and from my eyes Marquez did a little more than Pacquiao. I don't know maybe its Manny's reckless style that gives him the benefit of the doubt in the eyes of his supporters and judges?

TheMACHINE
11-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Let me start by saying that I'm a fan of neither these two guys so I'm not making excuses for Marquez if that's your assumption. Now as you stated, Pacquiao sent Marquez down 4 times in the previous two fights which he didn't overwhelm and many might say barely won. However, many are clamoring victory in a bout where it looked like to me he did a lot less.

Now you can say the Marquez didn't deserve to win because he didn't take it from Pacquiao, but Marquez is a champion and great fighter in his own right. He certainly doesn't need to prove his worth to any judge. Could he have done more? Sure but so could Pacquiao. I'm just saying that neither fighter did anything spectacular and from my eyes Marquez did a little more than Pacquiao. I don't know maybe its Manny's reckless style that gives him the benefit of the doubt in the eyes of his supporters and judges?

i agree with everything you and jamstone stated. Thats why i never have said it was clear fought match. Ive also said if Marquez got the decision, i wouldnt be surprised. You know it was gonna be controversial when after every round you ask everyone, "who won that round?" lol

also keep in mind that Marquez through a lot of punches those first two fights, definately making it closer even when he got knocked down. It all comes back to agression in close fights.

Cry Havoc
11-14-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm late to the discussion, but thought I'd give my two cents. Disclaimer: I'm Filipino and I'm in no way, shape, or form a boxing fanatic or enthusiast. I did watch the fight, and I think I have a fairly objective take on it.

I don't think Pacquiao won the fight. On the flip side, I don't think Marquez won the fight either. Neither fighter gave me a very strong impression. I do think Manny was more aggressive for much of the fight, but his aggression was tempered by his inability to get sustained rallies with combinations going. And a lot of that had to do with Marquez's obvious style and strategy. I don't think either fighter took the fight by any means. To me, the most fair decision would have been a draw.

To a few of the points, I wouldn't say it's right or wrong, but to me because I do think the fight was pretty much a toss-up, I understand why the two judges went in favor of Pacquiao, to keep the hype and purse for a possible Mayweather fight at its peak. And to the point that has been talked about the most, whether or not Nacho believed Marquez was winning the fight in the final 2-3 rounds, if you're Marquez, don't you have to leave no doubt and attack Manny? Especially with that cut over his eye the last two rounds. An aggressive Marquez in the last 2-3 rounds, and he stands a really good shot of taking the decision imo.

I thought Marquez's overall gameplan and strategy gave him a chance to win. But when you don't go for the kill in the final rounds when you had a chance to do so, you leave it up to the judges and risk something like that happening. Knock Manny down just once, give a more convincing 11th and/or 12th round, I think we are talking about Marquez taking the fight.

This mirrors my take, basically. :tu

ezau
11-14-2011, 08:59 PM
In what world did Marquez give up round 12?

SUO_92Oi7Vk

I don't see Marquez beign specially cautious there.

Marquez didn't only slow down from rounds 10-12, he also started missing badly. You can't do that when you're the challenger and you're against the best boxer in the world IMHO.

ezau
11-14-2011, 09:00 PM
clearly you don't stop embarrassing yourself. :lol

You must be new to boxing. :lmao

LOL 0-2 against Pac
LOL thinking Marquez beat Pac
LOL Mexican supporters
LOL getting knocked down four times
LOL happy as hell that Marquez was competitive against Pac

ezau
11-14-2011, 09:02 PM
The Judge that scored it 116-112 for Pac, gave marquez the 12th round..
:lol he shouldn't have slowed down :lol

I rewatched the fight last night have 7 rounds to 5. it was a close fight but there wasn't any rounds that Manny clearly dominated except for maybe 1 like you said. Marquez had 4 rounds where he clearly dominated.

And :lol at people still confusing lunging and off-balance wild shots as being effective aggressiveness.

:lol:lol Clearly, you didn't watch Floyd-Castillo I years ago. Many people think that Castillo won that fight. :lol:lol

:lol:lol boxing noob

ezau
11-14-2011, 09:04 PM
neither was more aggresive than the other. Pacman was better in the beginning and end rounds. Marquez was better in the middle rounds.

agree with what stated above, the challenger has to go for a knockdown vs. the champ or risk losing in a decision. Gayweather gets the same treatment. Why can't pacman?

That's what I'm talking about. It's simple really: If you want to beat the champ and the best boxer in the world at that, never leave anything to the judges.

Knock him out! Sadly, Marquez has been knocked down four times in this trilogy already :lol:lol

ezau
11-14-2011, 09:09 PM
452 Marquez fans :lol

http://i.imgur.com/1hbxQ.jpg

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520477

So where's Marquez's belt? :lol:lol

ezau
11-14-2011, 09:23 PM

Great post!

ezau
11-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Manny got his ass kicked. Her better pray his promoter continue to play games and avoid Money at all costs.

Since you're a huge Naruto fan, who's gonna win in a fight? Naruto or Pacquiao? :lol

LakerHater
11-14-2011, 09:37 PM
They had to give it to Manny, if they ever want the Floyd fight!

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 10:19 PM
:lol:lol Clearly, you didn't watch Floyd-Castillo I years ago. Many people think that Castillo won that fight. :lol:lol

:lol:lol boxing noob

Oh you mean like this fight? :lmao:lmao

I don't even have to try to make you look dumb you do it just fine on your own. :lmao

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 10:23 PM
LOL 0-2 against Pac
LOL thinking Marquez beat Pac
LOL Mexican supporters
LOL getting knocked down four times
LOL happy as hell that Marquez was competitive against Pac

:lol Sugar ray Lenard, Marvin Hagler, Bernard Hopkins, Joe Calzaghe, Amir Khan, etc(List goes on and on). Thinking Marquez won. Hey what do they know?

:lol ezau

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 10:26 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/danrafaelespn/status/136247451840548864

Dan Rafael
Breaking: @FloydMayweather & @GoldenBoyBoxing have been told @trboxing won't negotiate Pacquiao-FM in order to pursue 4th fight with Marquez

Who is ducking who again?

It would've been a lame fight anyway Mayweather would've won by sucker punch

ezau
11-14-2011, 10:35 PM
:lol Sugar ray Lenard, Marvin Hagler, Bernard Hopkins, Joe Calzaghe, Amir Khan, etc(List goes on and on). Thinking Marquez won. Hey what do they know?

:lol ezau

Where's the belt? :lol:lol

These fucks should give the diffused Dinamita their very own welterweight belt. Better call it the "Calzzzaghe, Hagler, Hopkins (LOL Hopkins) Amir Khan ( A Mere Con)" welterweight belt. I'm sure Marquez would appreciate it:lol:lol:lol:lol

ezau
11-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Oh you mean like this fight? :lmao:lmao

I don't even have to try to make you look dumb you do it just fine on your own. :lmao

noob:lol:lol
LOL counterpunching
LOL robbed
LOL Mexican
LOL Marquez
LOL entire fleet of Mexican champions owned by just one guy

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Lem Satterfield, ******.com: 117-111, Juan Manuel Marquez
Ron Borges, Boston Herald: 117-112, Marquez
Chris Mannix, Sports Illustrated: 116-112, Marquez
Tim Smith, New York Daily News: 116-112, Marquez
Mike Coppinger, ******.com: 115-113, Marquez
Bill Dwyre, Los Angeles Times: 115-113, Marquez
Norm Frauenheim, www.15rounds.com: 115-113, Marquez
Ryan Maquinana, BoxingScene.com/CSNBAYAREA.com: 115-113, Marquez
Lance Pugmire, Los Angeles Times: 115-113, Marquez
Bob Velin, USA Today: 115-113, Marquez
George Willis, New York Post: 115-113, Marquez
Jerry Izenberg, Philadelphia Inquirer: 115-114, Marquez
Sean Sullivan, Boxing Digest: 115-114, Manny Pacquiao
Steve Carp, Las Vegas Review-Journal: 114-114
Tim Dahlberg, Associated Press: 114-114
Bryan Graham, Sports Illustrated: 114-114
Kevin Iole, Yahoo!Sports: 114-114
Kieran Mulvaney, ESPN.com/Reuters: 114-114
Dan Rafael, ESPN.com: 114-114
Rick Reeno, BoxingScene.com: 114-114

ezau opinion > Boxing Analyst and pro boxers :lmao

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 10:43 PM
INB4 a spam of ezau ":lol's" thinking he's opinion matters :lol

ezau
11-14-2011, 10:45 PM
Lem Satterfield, ******.com: 117-111, Juan Manuel Marquez
Ron Borges, Boston Herald: 117-112, Marquez
Chris Mannix, Sports Illustrated: 116-112, Marquez
Tim Smith, New York Daily News: 116-112, Marquez

ezau opinion > Boxing Analyst and pro boxers :lmao

LOL Mexican
LOL asking for support from so-called experts to ease the butthurt
LOL 0-2 against Pacquiao
LOL knocked down four times
LOL walking out of the ring
LOL boxing noob
LOL thinking that counterpunching is enough to win a championship boxing match
LOL diffused Dinamita
LOL retirement

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 10:46 PM
like clockwork

ezau
11-14-2011, 10:46 PM
And oh, LOL Mexico :lmao:lmao:lmao

ezau
11-14-2011, 10:48 PM
like clockwork

http://www.costumeshopper.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/59543.jpg

:lmao:lmao:lmao

A Marquez fan

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 10:49 PM
:lmao:lmao

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 10:51 PM
PACQUIAO OFFICIALLY PUTS MAYWEATHER FIGHT ON HOLD; PURSUING 4TH FIGHT WITH MARQUEZ INSTEAD

http://fighthype.com/pages/content11197.html?PHPSESSID=f900ba0fa25ae0c36d2cfd 69eae35c41

ezau
11-14-2011, 10:52 PM
:cry:cry:cry Marquez is the people's champ:cry:cry:cry

IronMaxipad
11-14-2011, 10:58 PM
PACQUIAO OFFICIALLY PUTS MAYWEATHER FIGHT ON HOLD; PURSUING 4TH FIGHT WITH MARQUEZ INSTEAD

http://fighthype.com/pages/content11197.html?PHPSESSID=f900ba0fa25ae0c36d2cfd 69eae35c41

Not surprised at all. smh. Like i said before in the other thread bob arum is hurting the sport.

Dinamita
11-14-2011, 11:00 PM
:sleep trying to hard ezau

ezau
11-14-2011, 11:02 PM
:sleep trying to hard ezau

You mad bro? :lol:lol

Cry Havoc
11-14-2011, 11:35 PM

This is a list of people who had the fight within one point, or tied.

Yeah. SOOOOOOOOO robbed.

DAF86
11-14-2011, 11:53 PM
How can you give round 11 to JM and round 12 to Pacquiao? Round 11 was the only one Pacquiao dominated, a whole lot more than round 12, that's for sure.

Cry Havoc
11-14-2011, 11:58 PM
How can you give round 11 to JM and round 12 to Pacquiao? Round 11 was the only one Pacquiao dominated, a whole lot more than round 12, that's for sure.

Eh, to be fair, he was probably watching Naruto the entire time and just THOUGHT it was the Pac-Marquez fight.

DAF86
11-15-2011, 12:15 AM
The only round I have Pac dominating is round 9. Like I said, 1, 5, 11, and twelve were toss ups. Most people give the even rounds to the Champ, I dont. I look to see who threw the best shots. Some things I noticed during the fight were after round 6, Manny's corner got nervous and Roach told him to pick it up. By round 8, the announcers agreed that JM had landed the most memorable punches. Round 12, JM's trainer told him he had the fight won, and Roach told Manny to knock JM down. I think the fight was much closer than JM's fans thought it was.

To me round 5 was the most lopsided round of all, in favour of Marquez. I guess scoring boxing it really is hard and very objective.

P/S: JM and Pac's corners told their boxers what they did 'cause both thought Marquez was winning, imo.

ezau
11-15-2011, 12:20 AM
Did Juan Manuel Marquez cheat with his feet?

My Email box and my FB and Twitter mailboxes have been filling up with some very angry Pacquiao fans. It seems that Juan Manuel Marquez broke out some old school tricks. The old foot stomp trick. Now, when I first heard about this I was a bit suspect because whenever you have a southpaw fighting an orthodox fighter, from time to time the feet can get tangled up. With that said, when you look at the replay of the fight it seemed a bit more than just an occasional foot tangle.

It's obvious that JMM steps on Manny's foot several times throughout the fight. It's not just one round either. When looking at the video of the fight, it's clear that JMM steps on Manny's foot in rounds 6, 7, 8, and twice in round 12. By accident? Maybe, but not probable. I can see if it was once or twice, but JMM stepped on Manny's foot 5 times at least.

Perhaps this was just a matter of a southpaw fighting an orthodox fighter, but when you look at the video it appears as if JMM reaches out with his leg, as if stepping out further than needed to get at Manny's foot. Again, I may be wrong on this one but the video at the very least make you wonder.

If JMM resorted to cheating to gain advantage, that would be unfortunate. If it was merely by accident (5 times) then so be it.

Article link (http://www.examiner.com/fight-sports-in-jackson/did-juan-manuel-marquez-cheat-with-his-feet)

The fuck already cheated, but still lost. :lol:lol

Cry Havoc
11-15-2011, 12:51 AM
We know for sure what you were doing. Leveling up, eh?

As you'll find many posts throughout the geek forums, sure am. Where have all your Naruto posts been? Why are you hiding and pretending to be an internet tough guy, Laka? Can you answer that or are you just going to duck out of the forum and go elsewhere again?

LakerHater
11-15-2011, 12:51 AM
http://px9.funformobile.com/d/169/61/1fjdcjav7c/combo.gif

Different Angle:
http://px9.funformobile.com/d/169/61/1fjdcjav7c/comboii.gif

http://px9.funformobile.com/d/169/61/1fjdcjav7c/dblejab.gif

Cry Havoc
11-15-2011, 02:06 AM
Why should I explain. My race has changed 4 times. My occupation changes weekly. Now I like Asian cartoons. Im fine with it all. As long as you all keep talking about me.

Openly admitting you use internet forums to stroke your ego. You must be a sad, lonely person.

Odd that you "now" like Naruto, as if it's some transient thing, when you have tens of thousands of posts to the Naruto website. Yep, you sure fooled us into believing you liked it by spending hours posting to that site. :lol

Dinamita
11-15-2011, 02:06 AM

This is a list of people who had the fight within one point, or tied.

Yeah. SOOOOOOOOO robbed.
Correct scro. I don't see any 116-112's there do you?

Even Manny said he felt it was closer:
Fast forward to 3:20
nt6cFJCX3T4