PDA

View Full Version : EBT cards

IronMexican
11-13-2011, 12:20 PM
Holy shit, these things are so awesome.

My cousin is staying with us and he gets it. It's like a gift from god.

Bender
11-13-2011, 12:22 PM
I had to google to find out what they were...

tlongII
11-13-2011, 01:50 PM
I had to google to find out what they were...

Me too. :lol

I guess I had heard about these before though. Basically it sounds like a more efficient replacement for food stamps. Good idea.

DMX7
11-13-2011, 02:08 PM
We've been through this on the politics forum, and aren't they highly restrictive on what you can buy? I don't think you're even allowed to buy parishables.

IronMexican
11-13-2011, 02:56 PM
They went to Smart and Final and bought a bunch of stuff. Just can't buy beer and cigarettes.

ChuckD
11-13-2011, 03:05 PM
We've been through this on the politics forum, and aren't they highly restrictive on what you can buy? I don't think you're even allowed to buy parishables.

No, you can't buy religious articles, but you can buy perishable food items.

4>0rings
11-13-2011, 03:45 PM
I know a guy that get's $600 a month... 600!!! They eat better than I do.

baseline bum
11-13-2011, 04:13 PM

WTF? Is this guy's every meal steak and shrimp?

Leetonidas
11-13-2011, 04:14 PM

That's fucking nuts if it's 3 people or less, especially if it's one dude. I can't imagine what the fuck kinda food I would spend 600 dollars a month on :wow

Wild Cobra
11-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Yep, it's disgusting that they give so much of hard working people's money to others. Politicians buying votes.

Wild Cobra
11-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Just went through the calculator. If he gets $600, he is probably committing fraud somehow.

ChumpDumper
11-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Just went through the calculator. If he gets $600, he is probably committing fraud somehow.Or he's just talking shit.

greyforest
11-13-2011, 08:14 PM
o64Fz-KW1Dk

Frenzy
11-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Pimp the system.

4>0rings
11-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Or he's just talking shit.
No. It's him, his wife and 2 small kids. He doesn't work and never wants to, his wife works a low paying dead end job. He brags about how much he gets, I've seen the amount personally. I wouldn't say frauds out of the pic, since he's not even supposed to be within a 1,000 feet of his wife, lol.

DMX7
11-13-2011, 10:51 PM
No, you can't buy religious articles, but you can buy perishable food items.

Oh, good catch. Give me your address and I'll FedEx you a golden star sticker.

mavs>spurs
11-13-2011, 11:17 PM
I was a cashier in a grocery store for a short while a while back and let me tell you, the amount of people on foodstamps is not only surprising but so is the amount of welfare they get. we would have redneck families come in with 3 kids, then the oldest daughter has 2 more of her own and they would literally spend over 1,000 dollars in food stamps. I'm talking about 3 cart fulls of shit, and have us help them out to their car with it and not even give a tip. And they were usually some of the fattest pieces of shit, buying mostly frozen processed dinners, cokes, etc shit like that. It always pissed me off, here I am cashiering for damn near minimum wage for 38 hours a week to put myself through school and they are just getting their shit for free.

DMX7
11-13-2011, 11:36 PM
I was a cashier in a grocery store for a short while a while back and let me tell you, the amount of people on foodstamps is not only surprising but so is the amount of welfare they get. we would have redneck families come in with 3 kids, then the oldest daughter has 2 more of her own and they would literally spend over 1,000 dollars in food stamps. I'm talking about 3 cart fulls of shit, and have us help them out to their car with it and not even give a tip. And they were usually some of the fattest pieces of shit, buying mostly frozen processed dinners, cokes, etc shit like that. It always pissed me off, here I am cashiering for damn near minimum wage for 38 hours a week to put myself through school and they are just getting their shit for free.

Where was this? Those rednecks probably vote republican too, and yet they milk the foodstamp program for all it's worth. Just like Joe "the Plumber" who can't welfare but took it because he "deserved it".

mavs>spurs
11-14-2011, 02:43 AM
Texas. And it wasn't just redneck families either, a lot of blacks too. I think I saw people of just about every race using food stamps. It was the sheer amount of shit they would buy with it that always amazed me..600-800 dollars worth was a somewhat common occurrence.

baseline bum
11-14-2011, 03:20 AM

I was going to say, how the hell do you buy $500+ of groceries at once until you pointed out it was all cocksucking junk food. Food stamps for Cokes is asinine.

Wild Cobra
11-14-2011, 03:36 AM
Or he's just talking shit.
Idot post again from you.

If he's talking shit, he's not getting the $600, right?

Wild Cobra
11-14-2011, 03:38 AM
No. It's him, his wife and 2 small kids. He doesn't work and never wants to, his wife works a low paying dead end job. He brags about how much he gets, I've seen the amount personally. I wouldn't say frauds out of the pic, since he's not even supposed to be within a 1,000 feet of his wife, lol.
You have a loser like that as a friend? You let a loser like that stay with you?

mavs>spurs
11-14-2011, 03:39 AM
I was going to say, how the hell do you buy $500+ of groceries at once until you pointed out it was all cocksucking junk food. Food stamps for Cokes is asinine.

Gourmet frozen dinners ain't cheap scrah! Neither is 3 tubs of Ice cream, 5 twelve packs of cokes, frozen pizzas, etc...it was enough to make you sick, and it's all on your dime!

Wild Cobra
11-14-2011, 03:40 AM

But...

But...

But...

They are the 99%, right?

mavs>spurs
11-14-2011, 03:43 AM
I actually don't have a problem with people who got laid off and have worked hard for 20 years getting food stamps while they get back on their feet. Not EVERYONE on food stamps is an asshole, a lot of people who also thought they were better than that and would never get laid off unfortunately did in recent years. I have a problem when you're a single mother with 2 kids, and shouldn't have opened your legs for some thug loser in the first place getting them. Or the families with 3 or 4 kids living at the poverty level, it's like damn kids are a responsibility like everything else, you should have made sure that you could afford them first. Or the people who just make a career out of welfare, THAT stuff really is annoying.

Wild Cobra
11-14-2011, 04:14 AM
I wouldn't say frauds out of the pic, since he's not even supposed to be within a 1,000 feet of his wife, lol.
So...

Another case of the left hand of the government not knowing what the right hand is doing.

To get $600, it would have to be for four people or more. However, if they aren't suppose to be together, legally they are committing fraud. The state should know that though!

greyforest
11-14-2011, 05:31 AM
But...

But...

But...

They are the 99%, right?

His point is that there should be some kind of incentive to work minimum-wage jobs. As it is, poor people can choose either do nothing and live on welfare, or work full time at a minimum wage job and have the same salary and condition of living.

Wild Cobra
11-14-2011, 06:25 AM
I actually don't have a problem with people who got laid off and have worked hard for 20 years getting food stamps while they get back on their feet. Not EVERYONE on food stamps is an asshole, a lot of people who also thought they were better than that and would never get laid off unfortunately did in recent years. I have a problem when you're a single mother with 2 kids, and shouldn't have opened your legs for some thug loser in the first place getting them. Or the families with 3 or 4 kids living at the poverty level, it's like damn kids are a responsibility like everything else, you should have made sure that you could afford them first. Or the people who just make a career out of welfare, THAT stuff really is annoying.
Probably one of the few things we agree with each other on.

Wild Cobra
11-14-2011, 06:27 AM
His point is that there should be some kind of incentive to work minimum-wage jobs. As it is, poor people can choose either do nothing and live on welfare, or work full time at a minimum wage job and have the same salary and condition of living.
That's why I am so tough on my views of social benefits. When the safety net becomes a hammock, something is surely wrong.

tlongII
11-14-2011, 10:59 AM
You have a loser like that as a friend? You let a loser like that stay with you?

I don't think he ever said the dude was a friend or that he stayed with him.

tlongII
11-14-2011, 11:00 AM

I agree to a point. However, you can't penalize the kids. It's not their fault.

Wild Cobra
11-14-2011, 11:14 AM
I don't think he ever said the dude was a friend or that he stayed with him.
Yes I'm partially wrong.

Cousin staying with him. Cashing in the benefits of three others also.

Looks like fraud to me.

mavs>spurs
11-14-2011, 11:28 AM
I agree to a point. However, you can't penalize the kids. It's not their fault.

There have been some interesting social/economic studies on what would happen if we were to take away benefits from single mothers. They think that it would reattach the so called "stigma" to having children out of wedlock, forcing the family of the girl to take care of her and the baby. Women wouldn't be so quick to get knocked up if they weren't going to get any assistance, and the family would be quick to get in that ass if it meant that they would have to foot the bill. If the father ever wants to see his kid, he'll help too.

Das Texan
11-14-2011, 11:55 AM
I'd like to get on this EBT program. Sounds like I could save a little scratch and since i already pay for the fucking program.....

tlongII
11-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Yes I'm partially wrong.

Looks like fraud to me.

Where does he say it's his cousin? Another thread?

Wild Cobra
11-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Where does he say it's his cousin? Another thread?
OK, confusing the OP with O.

Oh, Gee!!
11-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Yep, it's disgusting that they give so much of hard working people's money to others. Politicians buying votes.

weren't you on welfare as a child?

The Reckoning
11-14-2011, 04:56 PM

lol

"Please don't leave me! I'll share my stamps!"

ChumpDumper
11-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Idot post again from you.

If he's talking shit, he's not getting the $600, right?That's exactly what I'm saying, genius.

lol idot

boutons_deux
11-14-2011, 05:14 PM
average EBT is $133/month

Fraud and abuse

According to the Government Accountability Office, at a 2009 count, 3.53% of food stamps benefits were found to be overpaid, down from 7.01% in 1999.[17] A 2003 analysis found that two-thirds of all improper payments were the fault of the caseworker, not the participant.[17] There are also instances of fraud involving exchange of food stamp benefits for cash and/or for items not eligible for purchase with food stamps.[18]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supplemental_Nutrition_Assistance_Program

vander
11-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Government Accountability Office

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

4>0rings
11-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Yes I'm partially wrong.

Looks like fraud to me.
I don't see how you made a friends connection, then a cousin connection, then a fraud connection.

The guy worked for me for a little while until I fired his fat ass for being lazy. They basically live in poverty, have kids, and make very little income so $600 in aid makes sense. One of the reasons I hired him was so he could make money to support his family but he was just way too slow.

Your political arguments make sense now.

bus driver
11-15-2011, 12:22 PM
and here i am working like a sucker. where do i sign up?

boutons_deux
11-22-2011, 03:53 PM
4 Absurd, Damaging Right-Wing Lies About Food Stamps

1. The program is rife with fraud and abuse

2. There are too many "hipsters" and college students on food stamps.

3. Recipients "waste" their benefits on unhealthy food.

4. The program is too generous, and food stamps are a significant contributor to national debt.

http://www.alternet.org/module/printversion/153159

cantthinkofanything
11-22-2011, 03:58 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qpIzLHt6tL4/TDQDCOve5sI/AAAAAAAAAaw/Cqckp8UbEXU/s1600/alpine-liquor-store-food-stamps.jpg