PDA

View Full Version : For the Jew Crew

mavs>spurs
11-14-2011, 12:42 AM
http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2010/04/07/top-10-companies-hiring/?icid=maing-grid7|aim|dl6|sec1_lnk3|111953 (http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2010/04/07/top-10-companies-hiring/?icid=maing-grid7%7Caim%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk3%7C111953)

check out #5 :hungry:

AFBlue
11-14-2011, 12:58 AM
How do you feel about #8...too beneficial to the military, or is advancement of aviation technology in and of itself a noble cause?

AFBlue
11-14-2011, 12:59 AM
Also...not directed at the OP, but I heard Dell was on a hiring freeze for this quarter, so the fact they showed up on this list is puzzling.

DMX7
11-14-2011, 01:08 AM
http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2010/04/07/top-10-companies-hiring/?icid=maing-grid7|aim|dl6|sec1_lnk3|111953 (http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2010/04/07/top-10-companies-hiring/?icid=maing-grid7%7Caim%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk3%7C111953)

check out #5 :hungry:

Do you work at #5?

mavs>spurs
11-14-2011, 01:08 AM
How do you feel about #8...too beneficial to the military, or is advancement of aviation technology in and of itself a noble cause?

pretty sure aviation technology is pretty critical in many ways besides just military..but yes..having a superior air force in the event of a REAL THREAT always helps. Does that make sense? This foreign concept of a real threat..we haven't been faced with one in a while.

AFBlue
11-14-2011, 01:14 AM
And what about #5? E&Y is like all the other public accounting firms...they treat their non-partners like shit for most of the year and expect it to be okay because they pay slightly higher and approve Friday night binges on the company card. They're always looking to hire because their turnover rate is so rediculously high.

mavs>spurs
11-14-2011, 01:15 AM
:lol no a big 4 is definitely not so easy to get into.

AFBlue
11-14-2011, 01:16 AM
pretty sure aviation technology is pretty critical in many ways besides just military..but yes..having a superior air force in the event of a REAL THREAT always helps. Does that make sense? This foreign concept of a real threat..we haven't been faced with one in a while.

We build for "a while" from now.

mavs>spurs
11-14-2011, 01:19 AM
which is totally okay

AFBlue
11-14-2011, 01:23 AM
:lol no a big 4 is definitely not so easy to get into.

Agreed...you have to be smart. But, they are always hiring because people are always quitting.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-14-2011, 01:29 AM
Agreed...you have to be smart. But, they are always hiring because people are always quitting.
Yeah, mostly because people use Big 4 as a launching pad for their career. Working in a big 4 firm for 20+ years would suck (unless you make partner), I plan on working in one for 4-5 years after school then moving onto something better.

AFBlue
11-14-2011, 01:43 AM
which is totally okay

And when I say "we", I mean service members. Do you have a problem with them?

AFBlue
11-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Yeah, mostly because people use Big 4 as a launching pad for their career. Working in a big 4 firm for 20+ years would suck (unless you make partner), I plan on working in one for 4-5 years after school then moving onto something better.

Good luck with that. If I were you, I'd join the military and just move onto the "something better" right away.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-14-2011, 01:47 AM
lol still butthurt over the military thread

AFBlue
11-14-2011, 01:52 AM
lol still butthurt over the military thread

Nah, I'm just bored and can't go to sleep. Seriously though, the military does have people with degrees. You could be working on development of cutting edge technology for the "real threats" in the next 20-50 years. No? Want an easier job?

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-14-2011, 01:53 AM
Tbh taking orders from your commanding officer is as easy as it gets

mavs>spurs
11-14-2011, 01:57 AM
2% of the military does the hard jobs. The other 98% (your average dumbfuck who enlists) is usually stupid as shit.

AFBlue
11-14-2011, 02:18 AM
Tbh taking orders from your commanding officer is as easy as it gets

:lol

You've proven time and again you know nothing about the military, so why generalize it like this. I managed multi-million dollar Air Force platforms (design, development, deployment, sustainment) from day one. My commanding officer was not looking over my shoulder and giving me orders. Three years in I WAS a commanding officer...responsible for development and distribution of maintenance and flight manuals for an entire fleet of aircraft (over 700) spread across the globe. Again, no one barking orders or looking over my shoulder.

I spent six years in where I was challenged, given a high level of responsibility (relative to peers) and learned a great deal about how we fly, fight and win wars. More than that, I learned about effective leadership, time management and stress management. The latter two were mostly learned while I was deployed, working 95-100hrs a week. My job: ensure the billions in service contracts being levied were being properly executed. I had direct oversight of $6B in service contracts...with a B.

So don't give some schtick about how the military is easy and how you're too smart for it. Be an intelligent person and acknowledge that your view of the military is largely uninformed and myopic.

AFBlue
11-14-2011, 02:22 AM
2% of the military does the hard jobs. The other 98% (your average dumbfuck who enlists) is usually stupid as shit.

I'll add...while deployed I worked along some of the smartest and most driven people I've ever met...and they were largely enlisted. Most of the junior enlisted are working on getting their degrees, while most of the senior enlisted have at least one degree. I've met senior enlisted with PhDs. You also won't find many officers beyond 10 years in that don't have at least one graduate degree.

All of those people represent more than 2%, but nice try.

Wild Cobra
11-14-2011, 03:46 AM
I'll add...while deployed I worked along some of the smartest and most driven people I've ever met...and they were largely enlisted. Most of the junior enlisted are working on getting their degrees, while most of the senior enlisted have at least one degree. I've met senior enlisted with PhDs. You also won't find many officers beyond 10 years in that don't have at least one graduate degree.

YH is simply wrong here.

The average enlisted military is smarter than the average US citizen. There is evidence for this if you look.

ChuckD
11-14-2011, 08:34 AM
The USAF enlistee is smartest of all. They stay behind and watch their officers go into combat.

Wild Cobra
11-14-2011, 08:37 AM
The USAF enlistee is smartest of all. They stay behind and watch their officers go into combat.
Yes, great joke. However, I will contend the navy has the brightest.

DMC
11-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Yes, great joke. However, I will contend the navy has the brightest.
Not true. The brightest were bright when they joined, and the Navy doesn't attract any brighter officer candidates or enlistees than any other branch. Their requirements are no more stringent. Their electronic schools are better, and they are required to retain and use more on a regular basis, but they are certainly not brighter.

It's easy for someone who's been in an electronic repair field to think that way however, as a good number of those jobs are filled by surface and sub nuke techs and EW techs. All of them have been through pretty tough schools, but the AF has/had some of the best schools in the world. Their applied electronics program was top notch, and enlistees and officers from around the world and all branches attended. I had several friends who were officers in Qatar and Saudi, and there were Marines and squids in our classes as well. We didn't have any Army however.

So yes, they have the most rigorous training programs, but they are not necessarily the brightest.

I have met the dumbest and brightest people I've ever known in the military, however some on here could challenge the former.

DMC
11-14-2011, 05:35 PM
YH is simply wrong here.

The average enlisted military is smarter than the average US citizen. There is evidence for this if you look.
Simple evidence is that enlisted folks have at least a GED. Many Americans don't even have that. That alone raises the reference.

spursncowboys
11-14-2011, 05:39 PM

Yeah, in the Army you aren't going to get your 8 without a graduate degree.

spursncowboys
11-14-2011, 06:00 PM
For survivor benefits:
•Most service members have $250,000 worth of life insurance under the Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance program, unless they specifically decline or reduce the coverage. Many families don’t realize they also can get free financial advice through the Department of Veterans Affairs, which offers one-on-one counseling and a detailed financial plan through Ernst & Young LLP. Families also will have access to financial counselors free for one year.

spursncowboys
11-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Ernst & Young LLP helps the families of disabled and deceased veterans start their own businesses
http://www.ey.com/US/en/Newsroom/News-releases/EY-LLP-helps-the-families-of-disabled-and-deceased-veterans