PDA

View Full Version : SWTOR Beta...

xellos88330
11-14-2011, 01:04 AM
Was friggin awesome!!!

The dialogue was ridiculously good. It completely makes up for the similar battle/talent system of World of Warcraft. I can't remember the last time a game has completely consumed me.

If you haven't pre-orderd this game. You should. I don't think you will be disappointed.

PS: Sith rule... :D

Kai
11-14-2011, 03:07 AM
Yeah shit was awesome. Felt like WoW, Mass Effect and Star Wars had a massive orgy and 9 months later this sweet bitch popped out. Actually caring about quests in an MMO is awesome. The dialogue and overall story system in this game can be revolutionary for the genre. This may be a game changer.

xellos88330
11-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Was selected again for weekend testing. Anything anyone want me to test out for them?

Kaizoku, you get selected for the test?

Kai
11-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Yeah anybody that was signed up for testing before a couple weeks ago got invited. Not sure I'm gonna play too much with Thanksgiving weekend and all, plus I'm ready for release and it's depressing knowing that everything I do this weekend will get erased again :lol

xellos88330
11-23-2011, 06:09 PM
I am most likely going to play the shit out of it. I couldn't really play as much the last test cycle. Now I don't have midterms in the way.

DarkReign
11-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Pretty big step in story being taken by MMOs with SWTOR. The story-telling is a huge departure and a welcome change.

The mechanics, structure and combat arent anything revolutionary, but I only say that as a lvl12 (or 13?) scrub.

The companion system is bad-ass.

All around, as a person who played WoW a whole helluva lot before BC expansion, SWTOR kicks its ass in every imaginable way. Bioware has an instant hit on its hands.

xellos88330
11-29-2011, 01:05 AM
Here is some of my game footage for the beta test. It was a total blast. As DarkReign said. Instant hit. The game feels a lot like a single player game. When you do play with a full party, it feels more like a co-op campaign/story.

9AByXB9Vae4

fwMYF9AsXeE

9HOAC2R4P7s

bttgAKKM1cw

4>0rings
11-29-2011, 01:19 AM
Question on the multiplayer part. When you party is assembled and leaves town, are they given their own separate world and no one else is in it, or are you seeing other groups and people as you venture around?

scampers
11-29-2011, 01:23 AM
You see other players unless you are in a flashpoint (Star Wars version of a dungeon) or other instanced area.

xellos88330
11-29-2011, 01:25 AM
Question on the multiplayer part. When you party is assembled and leaves town, are they given their own separate world and no one else is in it, or are you seeing other groups and people as you venture around?

No. It is still open world. It has instanced areas where your party needs to go to complete the quests/missions. You will still be running around with other players until you enter the instance zone. Then it is just you and the party.

Another note, when you are doing your class story, the members of your party cannot participate in the dialogue, but will be able to view your conversations. This is awesome, however, if there are multiple players of the same class, only one can be allowed in the zone at a time. The two will be split into their own zones.

4>0rings
11-29-2011, 01:45 AM
Do you only fight in instanced areas?

xellos88330
11-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Do you only fight in instanced areas?

No. It is open world combat. You do have to be careful when navigating the world especially at higher levels. The developers positioned mobs pretty sneakily.

4>0rings
11-29-2011, 03:28 PM
No. It is open world combat. You do have to be careful when navigating the world especially at higher levels. The developers positioned mobs pretty sneakily.

I want to be able to agro lots of enemies and run them into random parties for fun. As long as I can do that, I'm happy. :lol