PDA

View Full Version : game 4 is ours

violentkitten
06-15-2005, 11:27 PM
:makemyday

i have never felt more confident about a game in these playoffs than tomorrow night. i felt unease about game 4 in the western conference finals when virtually every other spurs fan was doling out menudo and chorizo and beer assignments for game 1 of the finals. the spurs had a game 3 performance in their system waiting to be excreted. game 4 of the sonics series, game 1 of the nuggets series and game 4 of the suns series come to mind. this team does well when it is forced to regroup and focus on the task at hand. the pistons didnt present anything in game 3 that the spurs couldnt deal with. they responded well to the early disruptions to their rotation. i suspect that manu will come back with a vengeance. the knee contusion threw him off a little bit. detroit played a heroic game while the spurs fucked around a little too much and paid the price. detroit is going to have a let down after game 3. they have not solved the spurs. but they think they have. they are at home and will come out fat and flat.

we got the bennett salvatore game out of the way. the spurs are up in this series due to both parker and manu attacking the rack, something we will see more of in game 4. nazr "the prophet" mohammed is going to come up big provided he can get in a grove early without the early foul trouble. i suspect that timmy d will be feeling a bit surly.

this will be a knock down fight to the end. the pistons wont go quietly but they will go. they are starting to believe their hype just a little too much. hopefully sheed comes out wearing the belt during the starting lineup intros. hes still the same old sheed who has the mental control of a 9 year old.

spurs 91
pistons 85

LilMissSPURfect
06-15-2005, 11:38 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/gulygeek/notgood.gif

:elephant

Sonia_TX
06-15-2005, 11:39 PM
Tim will make sure the Spurs win. You know how he is after he plays like crap... he won't let it happen again.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 11:43 PM
i felt unease about game 4 in the western conference finals when virtually every other spurs fan was doling out menudo and chorizo and beer assignments for game 1 of the finals.

LOL!!!! I can't believe that happened!

we got the bennett salvatore game out of the way.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone in chat practically shat themselves when they announced Bennett was reffing game 3. Even that one dude on his article on espn admitted the shadiness of salvatore officiating that game...

geerussell
Easy to turn that around. The Spurs thought they had solved the pistons and got a rude awakening. The flashbacks and doubt have probably already started... four straight losses, just like old times. Ben Wallace is rejuvenated, Antonio McDyess has found his shot... there are major danger signs for SA.

constantstate
i thought game 3 would be uglier than game 1... it turned out a little different but kinda the same. spurs flat, pistons early lead... the rest was bad nights by the top 2... and we were in it for most of it. so i'm down with everything you said VK.

and also i'm saying "spurs in 5".

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Easy to turn that around. The Spurs thought they had solved the pistons and got a rude awakening. The flashbacks and doubt have probably already started... four straight losses, just like old times. Ben Wallace is rejuvenated, Antonio McDyess has found his shot... there are major danger signs for SA.

translation

We are such a good team, we love being down in a series. The only way we like to really get into a groove is when we're forced to by being down in a series. And you dont have a chance at winning the finals cuz if you take one more game we'll start whining to the media again, and you know what happens when teams whine to the media......

violentkitten
06-15-2005, 11:47 PM
pistons didnt just solve the spurs after getting dropped by them twice already in the series anymore than the sonics or suns did. this version of the spurs is susceptible to the occassional on-court brain fart, but they are also good at correcting that immediately.

constantstate
06-15-2005, 11:48 PM
theres no flashbacks of doubt when you have a championship team... the only flashbacks you get are of 2003... just like old times. tell me they can hold tim to 5 of 15 again... and manu with 6 t.o.'s...

JamStone
06-15-2005, 11:50 PM
Game 4 is a must win for Detroit. I think the Pistons realize this and will put forth similar energy and effort as game 3. I know how good the Spurs are, so it's not a given for either team. Pistons are still looking for good execution on offense. Despite scoring 96 points in game 3, the Pistons have yet to click on offense. As much maligned as their offense is, they are also due for a good offensive game. They've only made FOUR 3 pointers TOTAL in the first three games.

violentkitten
06-15-2005, 11:51 PM
LOL!!!! I can't believe that happened!

i referenced the '03 western conference finals in here before that game. the big cat's intuition was unfortunately correct. but this time spurs fans do not fret, for the big cat is feeling it.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-15-2005, 11:54 PM
all we can do is pray the pistons accept their game 4 beat down quietly cuz if they bitch and moan, my prediction of spurs in 7 just may come true...

Solid D
06-16-2005, 12:06 AM
http://www.drudgereport.com/siren.gif http://www.drudgereport.com/siren.gif http://www.drudgereport.com/siren.gif

jochhejaam
06-16-2005, 12:10 AM
It's no longer in the hands of the players, the "Dio" curse has begun...

PISTONS!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol :elephant :lol

Sense
06-16-2005, 02:04 AM
It's no longer in the hands of the players, the "Dio" curse has begun...

PISTONS!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol :elephant :lol

I think everyone needs to stop making early predictions every 2 hours....

Duncanoypi
06-16-2005, 02:13 AM
Yeah...Its our!...its for the Spurs!....BELIEVE!

silverandblackreign
06-16-2005, 06:53 AM
yeah - the pistons have only made four 3's, but go ask PHX what happened to there 3-point shooting. They led the league this year, and got shut down from the perimeter. Go ask Seattle what happened to there 3-point shooting as I believe they were near the tops in the league also. Dont anticipate the pistons blowing up from behind the arc, because the Spurs rotate quick and take it away....

GrandeDavid
06-16-2005, 07:56 AM

I had to stop reading here to call this guy out on something. Above all, he/she obviously knows next to nothing about the makeup of the San Antonio Spurs. This team is extremely professional and supremely confident. As Violentkitten pointed out, there is a pattern to the Spurs playoff losses, i.e. they have a letdown then always rebound. If Detroit wins tonight, then you've got a series. But before talking about non-existent "flashbacks and doubts", let's let Game 4 play out tonight.

Spurs in five.

SpursWoman
06-16-2005, 08:06 AM
As Violentkitten pointed out, there is a pattern to the Spurs playoff losses, i.e. they have a letdown then always rebound.

Except in Seattle, where they laid 2 eggs in a row. I still Believe they'll take this one, though.

angel_luv
06-16-2005, 08:08 AM
http://www.drudgereport.com/siren.gif http://www.drudgereport.com/siren.gif http://www.drudgereport.com/siren.gif

Hehehe! Bad boys, bad boys what you going to do Whatcha gonna do when we come for you?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Go Spurs Go!

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-16-2005, 08:17 AM
Yeah, the Pistons "solved" the Spurs. I guess that means that they know how to keep Tony Parker out of the paint like they did in game 3 right? And I'm guessing the Larry Brown has come up with the magic formula for Tim to play like ass for three straight games. Turnovers have killed the Spurs in games before but never twice in a row, and damn sure not four in a row. The Spurs win tonight.

polandprzem
06-16-2005, 08:33 AM
Lets Go than!

We count on our spurs like them on us.

Ps. Anyone knows the referees on the game 4?

HULKAROCK
06-16-2005, 08:48 AM
The greatest thing about gm three was the jolt sent through the Spurs fans and the disbelief. All this horse sh1t about planing a parade,etc backfired.
Just like I said before, the pistons played their worst ball in gms 1 and 2 and the arrogance of the fans thought that it was going to be a cake walk, and expected nothing less. The state of Michigan has welcomed The Spurs team and have treated them well. We like their humbleness, unlike last year's Lakers. A lot of you should take some lessons from your own team.............

Solid D
06-16-2005, 08:51 AM
Lets Go than!

We count on our spurs like them on us.

Ps. Anyone knows the referees on the game 4?

You won't ever see the names of the officials revealed sooner than a couple of hours before the game is actually played...unless you work for the NBA.

Solid D
06-16-2005, 08:52 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18661

SWC Bonfire
06-16-2005, 09:01 AM
The postgame reaction of the players and the silent treatment by Pop shows me that the Spurs will prove that they are the champs, if not tonight then eventually.

But I bet you see a lot of Spurs players diving for loose balls tonight. Nobody wants Pop to go Serbian. :lol

spur219
06-16-2005, 09:22 AM
I hope the Spurs do win Game 4. I will be taking a shot of Jager for every shot the Spurs miss to help erase the pain.

HULKAROCK
06-16-2005, 09:27 AM
The postgame reaction of the players and the silent treatment by Pop shows me that the Spurs will prove that they are the champs, if not tonight then eventually.

But I bet you see a lot of Spurs players diving for loose balls tonight. Nobody wants Pop to go Serbian. :lol

They're not the Champs.. Did you miss a year? Coma maybe?

spurschick
06-16-2005, 09:32 AM

Read the quote again...

...the Spurs will prove that they are the champs, if not tonight then eventually.

It doesn't say that the Spurs are the champs right now. It says that they will be.

easjer
06-16-2005, 09:46 AM
I's feeling good about tonight, too. Granted the Pistons will have energy and teh HCA tonight, but I know my team. I expect SA to adjust. I expect taht Timmy will have a better game and that Manu will have a better game. I expect tighter D and protection of the ball.

The reality is that the Pistons have not found an answer to Manu or Tony penetrating, or Timmy D hitting his shots or our outstanding 3 point shooting. They scored a lot on us Game 3, but our defense will help take care of that.

The only question on the table now is how the Spurs will handle Big Energetic Ben if he shows up - he's the only one we haven't had an answer for, since he only recently made an appearance.

HULKAROCK
06-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Read the quote again...

It doesn't say that the Spurs are the champs right now. It says that they will be.

It does??? It exactly says the SPURs are the champs. It never says they will be. Can you read, cartoon girl? However it's IMPLIED, meaning he's probably referring to 2003, it sounds like current champs. We all know that can't be since the Lakers took care of that last year.

spurschick
06-16-2005, 09:59 AM
It does??? It exactly says the SPURs are the champs. It never says they will be.

Um... that's exactly what the quote says.

...the Spurs will prove that they are the champs, if not tonight then eventually.

Can you read, cartoon girl?

Any particular reason why you feel the need to be rude?

G-Nob
06-16-2005, 10:00 AM
We had a subpar performance and you still had to play your asses off to beat us.

After tonight........series over.

spur219
06-16-2005, 10:01 AM
That's right. No matter what never be rude to someone that is not being rude to you. Spurschick wasn't being rude to you was she. Just show respect.

SoundTheToll
06-16-2005, 10:02 AM
Wow, great contibution to this forum. I'm sure the brass here loves this thread. :rolleyes:

News flash: Pistons played pretty bad also (on defense). They still haven't rotated defensively to take away the three pointer. Plus Rasheed is still MIA.

Kori Ellis
06-16-2005, 10:04 AM
I'm merging this in with another thread.

MadDog73
06-16-2005, 10:14 AM

My, my, Detroit fans sure are sensitive. They're worse than us after our "asterisk" year.

In my book, any team that has to wear fake Wrestling belts to boost their fragile egos don't deserve to be Champs.

SWC Bonfire
06-16-2005, 10:22 AM
Uh, hello, welcome to the Chris Farley show... my guest today is Hulkarock.

Hey, uh, Hulkarock... you remember that time, that time that you were stupid and you reacted to a post without reading like the next part of the same sentence, do you remember that?

That was stupid. OH GOD! YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT!

<falls on unsturdy coffee table from laughter>

http://snl.jt.org/arc/skit/The%20Chris%20Farley%20Show.jpg

violentkitten
06-16-2005, 05:20 PM
http://www.gregorymancuso.com/portfolioimages/pets/cat%20pictures%20black%20cat%20pictures,%20Junior-mean.jpg

:makemyday

slayermin
06-16-2005, 07:20 PM
I think this game will be similar to game three at Seattle. We will have one shot to win it at the end. Hopefully, that shot will fall.

E20
06-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Everyone has to stop being so damn cocky.

Leetonidas
06-16-2005, 07:25 PM

You think everyone is just going to have a great game for them?

I think Tony will play solid again, Tim will have a great game, Bruce will shut down Rip tonight, Horry will get his fire back, Nazr will be a beast, and most importantly, Manu will take over in the 2nd half and not make the arrant mistakes and stupid decisions he made in Game 3.

2centsworth
06-16-2005, 07:31 PM
I'm gonna smack the next person who looks like they're from detroit.

Dirty_Sanchez
06-16-2005, 07:36 PM
I'm gonna smack the next person who looks like they're from detroit.

Thank you for chiming in Mr. Artest.

Sincerely,

Jose Feliciano

CaptainHook
06-16-2005, 08:15 PM
we will win game four, i guarantee it!

whottt
06-16-2005, 10:39 PM
Never do this again Kitten.

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 10:40 PM
Never do this again Kitten.

:lmao

E20
06-16-2005, 10:40 PM
LMAO @ whottt

violentkitten
06-16-2005, 10:41 PM
do what? repping my team in this forum instead of running away from it (sans barry)?

fuck you man. you arent a fan and you never had season tix.

whottt
06-16-2005, 11:10 PM
bump

violentkitten
06-16-2005, 11:12 PM
still here. nice of you to disown your team, whottt. but you'll fight to the death that barry does not deserve any of the blame.

whottt
06-16-2005, 11:14 PM
Barry sucked too...

E20
06-16-2005, 11:16 PM
Actually, GAME 5 is ours! :smokin