PDA

View Full Version : LeBron and his future success

pass1st
11-15-2011, 01:10 PM
We all know that LBJ is a choker right now, let's not delve into that.

What I want to ask is this: How many rings would LBJ get if he accepted being a Pippen starting next season as opposed to if he continued trying to be the #1. Also, would it hurt or help his reputation if he became the best 2nd banana in history.

I think Lebron would ring 4-5 times if he stayed in the shadow of elite players who can lead a team, like Wade. He might even make enough contribution to garner a finals MVP by filling up the boxscore for 3 quarters. I believe he would get 0-1 rings if he continued to try and be the #1.

I honestly believe LBJ would be the greatest 2nd banana in NBA history, far surpassing Pippen. His skillset would allow him to compliment whatever the team's star has to offer. He would essentially have a very respectable career and any player that wins with him would get the "he couldn't have done it without LBJ" title. I think a good 2nd banana is harder to find than a star, too.

lefty
11-15-2011, 01:21 PM
What I want to ask is this: How many rings would LBJ get if he accepted being a Pippen starting next season as opposed to if he continued trying to be the #1. Also, would it hurt or help his reputation if he became the best 2nd banana in history.

Kobe thread !

Leetonidas
11-15-2011, 01:27 PM
if he became the best 2nd banana in history.

He's got a long way to go to catch Kobe, LeBron hasn't even piggybacked to a single title yet bro.

Trolling aside it's somewhat lame to see how LeBron has turned out. I remember his first few years in the league and I really thought he was going to be something special and end up a top 5 player all-time. Now it's obvious he's a balding, choking, deferring wuss that needs to team up with 2 of the other top 15 players in the league to win and he still failed massively against Shawn Marion and Jason fucking Terry. He will never be Jordan, he will never even be Kobe. As an individual player he is probably the best in the NBA right now but overall and throughout his career he will be lucky to crack the top 10 GOAT list.

pass1st
11-15-2011, 01:36 PM
LeBron just has to accept the Pippen role, really. Look at what he can bring to the table, he can compliment practically any elite player. As long as he isn't pressured to lead a team, he would shine and probably find a 4th quarter.

stretch
11-15-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm still not sold that Lebron is exactly a choker. He didn't have his best series against the Mavs, but look at how he completely tore up the best defensive team in the NBA in the Bulls, while locking down Derrick Rose at the same time. I think his issues in the Finals were more a product of the Mavs having a perfect defensive gameplan for him, and being more focused on stopping him, while letting Wade go off. I saw significantly more defensive attention being paid to Lebron than Wade.

The problem for Lebron isn't that he's a choker, its that he has an incomplete skillset and has went through a lot of his career relying heavily on physical ability. I have always said, he is like the Shaquille O'Neal of guards: too much physically to handle for any single defender, but can be contained with a good team defensive effort due to a lack of skills.

stretch
11-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Only age and injuries forced Shaq to accepted his secondary role. As good as Shaq was he was never the go to guy. Chris Jackson was that guy at LSU, not Shaq. Penny was that guy in Orlando. Kobe in LA, Wade in Miami, Nash in Phoenix and Lebron in Cleveland. It wasnt until he arrived in Cleveland that he realized that he wasnt the man. Yall filled his head before he earned greatness, and the ego was hard to let go of.

This is fucking retarded for sure.

Red Hawk #21
11-15-2011, 02:10 PM
The problem for Lebron isn't that he's a choker, its that he has an incomplete skillset and has went through a lot of his career relying heavily on physical ability. I have always said, he is like the Shaquille O'Neal of guards: too much physically to handle for any single defender, but can be contained with a good team defensive effort due to a lack of skills.

Great point, and exactly how I feel. He needs to get in the gym and shoot hundreds of jumpers daily, and also work with his coaches to improve his fundamentals and other parts of his game. His game as of right now is to shoot a jumper or bulldoze to the rim. And that is why good team defense shuts him down like you said.

I feel like because he's so much stronger/athletic than everybody else he feels he doesn't have to work so hard. He's already great but if he wants to become legendary he has a lot of work to do. He should take notes from guys like Kobe, Duncan, Dirk etc. Those guys bust their asses in the gym, Lebron has to do the same.

lefty
11-15-2011, 02:18 PM
LeBron just has to accept the Pippen role, really. Look at what he can bring to the table, he can compliment practically any elite player. As long as he isn't pressured to lead a team, he would shine and probably find a 4th quarter.
Kobe thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minus the shining in the 4th

Giuseppe
11-15-2011, 02:50 PM
So nice operating from a 5-4 Kobe advantage.

It's like shaved pussy.

pass1st
11-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Kobe thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minus the shining in the 4th

Nah, this is just LBJ and his future. He's going to peak in a few years if he stays clear from injury, so it's interesting to wonder how best to use that peak.

stretch
11-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Shaq ran from the balls when the game was on the line.

I don't really recall ever seeing this happen. However, when the game is on the line, generally you want a guy who is a versatile scorer with the ball, as opposed to a one-dimensional player. Shaq, much like Lebron, is not a very versatile scorer. I don't think its a matter of not being a leader or being a choker, as opposed to being smart about who gets the ball. Even in a guy like Tim Duncan's case, often times it would be Ginobili, or some perimeter player taking the big, late game shots (although Timmy was MUCH more versatile of a scorer than Shaq).

stretch
11-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Great point, and exactly how I feel. He needs to get in the gym and shoot hundreds of jumpers daily, and also work with his coaches to improve his fundamentals and other parts of his game. His game as of right now is to shoot a jumper or bulldoze to the rim. And that is why good team defense shuts him down like you said.

I feel like because he's so much stronger/athletic than everybody else he feels he doesn't have to work so hard. He's already great but if he wants to become legendary he has a lot of work to do. He should take notes from guys like Kobe, Duncan, Dirk etc. Those guys bust their asses in the gym, Lebron has to do the same.

:toast

DMC
11-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Let's wait until he gets one before we start the "how many" trip.

DMC
11-15-2011, 06:11 PM
So did the chick in Colorado.

pass1st
11-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Let's wait until he gets one before we start the "how many" trip.

More of a "which way should he earn them" trip

DMC
11-15-2011, 06:15 PM
He should earn them one at a time.

The real question should be how many rings will Lebron need to pull bandwagon Laker fan to him?

pass1st
11-15-2011, 06:19 PM
If he gets +1 on Kobe, then LAL will lose a lot of the braindead bandwagon fans.

stretch
11-16-2011, 09:32 AM
If he gets +1 on Kobe, then LAL will lose a lot of the braindead bandwagon fans.

oh so you mean 98% of current "laker fans" will no longer be laker fans?

gotcha.

hater
11-16-2011, 10:36 AM
he already would have 1 ring if he had joined Rose's Team.

pass1st
11-16-2011, 11:03 AM
oh so you mean 98% of current "laker fans" will no longer be laker fans?

gotcha.

More like 85%

Giuseppe
11-16-2011, 11:34 AM
he already would have 1 ring if he had joined Rose's Team.

Please. Rose couldn't even carry his own end of the log.

pass1st
11-16-2011, 12:52 PM
What would the Bulls have to give up to afford LBJ anyways?

Stalin
11-16-2011, 01:12 PM
What would the Bulls have to give up to afford LBJ anyways?

boozer maybe, scrah

oh noes!

Red Hawk #21
11-16-2011, 08:32 PM
I miss the old LBJ, I really wish he hadn't gone to Miami so I wouldn't have to hate him. Anyway here's a gem of younger Lebron going up against mi cubano Gilbert Arenas.
RpiMtLxh7NA

DMC
11-16-2011, 10:22 PM
lol Lebron with 4 steps and call.

LkrFan
11-18-2011, 01:09 AM

Yep - faster than his fatass could devour a Krispy Kreme donut. Shaq and LeBron are probably the greatest 1-2 punch ever (in the first 3 quarters - that is) in NBA history. But they both rarely come through in the clutch.

Somebody :downspin: ^ shit. :lol

Venti Quattro
11-18-2011, 01:47 AM
His game, as currently constructed, will be hindering him from his "future" success.

stretch
11-18-2011, 09:40 AM
lol Lebron with 4 steps and call.

it cracks me up when people thing 2 steps taken in incredibly long stride means its traveling. 2 steps are 2 steps, no matter how big the steps are. im not going to say Lebron hasnt gotten away with traveling, because he has, but not nearly as much as people say, nor on a lot of the plays that they claim he was traveling on.

stretch
11-18-2011, 09:41 AM
His game, as currently constructed, will be hindering him from his "future" success.

+1

he absolutely has a lot to develop on his game, otherwise he is going to be VERY limited down the road. his shot and post game have both came a long ways from 5 years ago, but still has a long ways to go.

DMC
11-18-2011, 10:01 AM
it cracks me up when people thing 2 steps taken in incredibly long stride means its traveling. 2 steps are 2 steps, no matter how big the steps are. im not going to say Lebron hasnt gotten away with traveling, because he has, but not nearly as much as people say, nor on a lot of the plays that they claim he was traveling on.
12:52

That's not a long stride. Maybe that's a crab dribble.

DMC
11-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Yep - faster than his fatass could devour a Krispy Kreme donut. Shaq and LeBron are probably the greatest 1-2 punch ever (in the first 3 quarters - that is) in NBA history. But they both rarely come through in the clutch.

Somebody :downspin: ^ shit. :lol
:lmao

Take those 3 titles away that he won for Kobe and you have basically Kenny Smith.

AussieFanKurt
11-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Hope he fails in every part of life. Arrogance doesn't deserve success

Red Hawk #21
11-18-2011, 10:22 AM
I blame a lot of his arrogance on Mike Brown, all he did was fucking babysit and worship Lebron for years. That made Lebron even more full of himself. Paul Silas would've been good for LBJ in the long run imho, because he was a strict coach and actually told Lebron when he was wrong.

stretch
11-18-2011, 10:34 AM
12:52

That's not a long stride. Maybe that's a crab dribble.

Yeah that was definitely a travel, he picked up and re-planted his pivot foot. 3 steps, not 4.

pass1st
11-18-2011, 01:22 PM
I blame a lot of his arrogance on Mike Brown, all he did was fucking babysit and worship Lebron for years. That made Lebron even more full of himself. Paul Silas would've been good for LBJ in the long run imho, because he was a strict coach and actually told Lebron when he was wrong.

They didn't want to hurt his feelings

Giuseppe
11-18-2011, 02:29 PM
Bend over. I'll hurt yer fuckin' feelings.

LkrFan
11-18-2011, 04:43 PM

Take those 3 titles away that he won for Kobe and you have basically Kenny Smith.

Rigggghhhtttt. :lol

Killakobe81
11-18-2011, 06:43 PM

LOL ...even funnier Kenny smith probbly agrees with you ...the arrogant prick. He was a good NBA player and a great college point guard ...but the way he talks on Inside the NBA he was part Drose and part CP3 ...:lol

pass1st
11-18-2011, 08:50 PM
http://markandrewholmes.com/curly.jpg