PDA

View Full Version : Help, I just got my first speeding ticket

GoodOdor
11-15-2011, 11:09 PM
I don't wanna end up like thispego.

What do I do? a friend told me to show up in court and ask the judge to reduce it - but if it's only a 20-50$ difference, it's really not worth my time.

How does traffic school work in this case?

Please advise.

Destro
11-15-2011, 11:31 PM
If you can take defensive driving to get the ticket off your record so you can keep your insurance from going up. The court fine doesn't matter as long you keep your insurance premium down

Blake
11-15-2011, 11:31 PM
since its your first ticket, best thing imo is just follow the instructions on the ticket regarding defensive driving.

GoodOdor
11-15-2011, 11:38 PM
since its your first ticket, best thing imo is just follow the instructions on the ticket regarding defensive driving.

that would be the one the should come in the mail, right? cause I don't see anything on the one I got from the police officer.

I was doing 43 in a 30 zone, so the max is about $250, right?

Blake
11-15-2011, 11:49 PM
that would be the one the should come in the mail, right? cause I don't see anything on the one I got from the police officer.

I was doing 43 in a 30 zone, so the max is about $250, right?

K, call the court for instructions.

Usually you just do your 8? hours of dd, get your certificate and send the copy of it back to the court. The dd course is slightly less than the ticket iirc but it stays off your record.

Whatever the case, not worth trying to fight first speeding ticket imo

GoodOdor
11-16-2011, 12:04 AM
K, call the court for instructions.

Usually you just do your 8? hours of dd, get your certificate and send the copy of it back to the court. The dd course is slightly less than the ticket iirc but it stays off your record.

Whatever the case, not worth trying to fight first speeding ticket imo

I see, thanks.

DMC
11-16-2011, 12:18 AM
The max is a lot more if you factor in your increased insurance premiums.