PDA

View Full Version : Papa Murphys Pizza

Blake
11-17-2011, 12:39 AM
So you buy a pizza at Pizza Hut price but you have to bake it at home yourself.

Sounds like the worst restaurant idea ever, but they seem to be doing alright.

Anyone here eaten this pizza and is it worth the price/effort?

mavs>spurs
11-17-2011, 12:42 AM
first mcdonald's now this..you need a personal nutritionist scrah

baseline bum
11-17-2011, 12:43 AM
It can't possibly be since your oven has to get to something like 800 degrees to properly cook pizza. Anything made for home cooking has either that lousy crispy crust or crust that's like bread.

Thompson
11-17-2011, 12:47 AM
It's actually very good, though it is a little annoying to cook it yourself (it can be difficult to get the crust just right).

The 'Cowboy' is good; it has pepperoni, mushrooms, black olives and sausage (though I usually get hamburger instead of sausage). They put massive amounts of each topping on the pizza; they're not just garnishes like with some other pizza places.

blizz
11-17-2011, 12:48 AM
I think it's disgusting. You can find better in the frozen food section at HEB.

tlongII
11-17-2011, 12:50 AM
It's excellent. One of my favorite pizzas tbh. I particularly like the Meat D'Lite pizza.

PM5K
11-17-2011, 02:01 AM
I don't like the sauce, and if you don't like the sauce it's a non-starter.

Wild Cobra
11-17-2011, 07:08 AM
So you buy a pizza at Pizza Hut price but you have to bake it at home yourself.

Sounds like the worst restaurant idea ever, but they seem to be doing alright.

Anyone here eaten this pizza and is it worth the price/effort?
I don't know about where you live, but the pizza's from Papa Murphy's here on Oregon are so much more massive than delivery. More toppings, more cheeses. etc. etc....

boutons_deux
11-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Pizza and ketchup are officially vegetables. Is why Americans are so self-diseased.

bus driver
11-17-2011, 09:18 AM
i got the chicago pizza and a cheese pizza once. it was good.
i havent been back but i would go back.

stretch
11-17-2011, 10:39 AM
i like it

robino2001
11-17-2011, 11:00 AM
We go all the time... love it. Used them for super bowl parties a couple of times too... get enough food to feed ~30 for ~$30, 40 with their specials for Super Bowl.

Chomag
11-17-2011, 11:15 AM
My wife and I really like their pizzas, the stuffed pizzas in particular. Love the cinnamon wheel from them as well. Allot of quantity at a Very low price and pretty good quality I would say.

I highly recommend them but it seems some people don't like them while others love them, I wonder if it's an area thing.

oh crap
11-17-2011, 11:31 AM
never tried it but they're running a $5 dollar special for the newest grand opening in the area, may give it a shot.

Blake
11-17-2011, 11:49 AM
I highly recommend them but it seems some people don't like them while others love them, I wonder if it's an area thing.

I'm not impressed by the pictures on the coupon book they sent in the mail but I guess I'll have to try it at least once.

fraga
11-17-2011, 12:50 PM
I think it's disgusting. You can find better in the frozen food section at HEB.

H-E-B's thin crust pizza is the shit...

Agloco
11-17-2011, 05:37 PM
I remember when they first opened. The prices then were compelling enough to make me try them out. It's not nearly as good as chain pizza or some of the Chicago style stuff around here (Kennedys, etc.). Now that the prices are essentially the same as the chains, I'd rather have them deliver.

On the good side though, some people are into seeing what they get on their food. If you want to know exactly how your food was prepared, this is a win.

cantthinkofanything
11-17-2011, 05:39 PM
I remember when they first opened. The prices then were compelling enough to make me try them out. It's not nearly as good as chain pizza or some of the Chicago style stuff around here (Kennedys, etc.). Now that the prices are essentially the same as the chains, I'd rather have them deliver.

On the good side though, some people are into seeing what they get on their food. If you want to know exactly how your food was prepared, this is a win.

I've never been. Are you saying they prepare it in front of you? Like Subway?

Dex
11-17-2011, 05:39 PM
I agree; stupid concept. If I'm going out to eat, it's usually because I don't feel like cooking. Why would I want to have to do both?

Agloco
11-17-2011, 05:41 PM
I've never been. Are you saying they prepare it in front of you? Like Subway?

Yep.

You can call ahead too though.

IronMaxipad
11-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Wait.. So not only do you have to bake it yourself. you have to wait for them to prepare it too? fuck that. :lol

cantthinkofanything
11-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Yep.

I may try them out. At least once. But I agree, the whole thing of going out, picking it up, then coming home and having to wait for my wife to burn it is kind of a downer.

Agloco
11-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Wait.. So not only do you have to bake it yourself. you have to wait for them to prepare it too? fuck that. :lol

Agloco
11-17-2011, 05:48 PM
I may try them out. At least once. But I agree, the whole thing of going out, picking it up, then coming home and having to wait for my wife to burn it is kind of a downer.

Yeah, the only compelling thing about it was the price at the beginning. I could get a large pie from them for just under half of what I paid at the chains. That meant something.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Wow just found out they have these in tucson, gonna check it out

tlongII
11-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Just had the Perfect Pizza for dinner and it was damn good. I don't know what you guys that say you can get delivery for the same price are talking about either.

Wild Cobra
11-18-2011, 04:54 AM
LOL...

You must be a liberal, wanting everything NOW!

Wild Cobra
11-18-2011, 04:54 AM
It's the next best thing to making pizza yourself.

Wild Cobra
11-18-2011, 04:57 AM
Yeah, the only compelling thing about it was the price at the beginning. I could get a large pie from them for just under half of what I paid at the chains. That meant something.
I like to get the premade crusts and shredded cheese myself, and make my own pizza from there. However, I have on occasion gone to them, and they are better than the other franchise or chain outlets.

Blake
11-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Just had the Perfect Pizza for dinner and it was damn good. I don't know what you guys that say you can get delivery for the same price are talking about either.

How much did you pay for it and what comes on a perfect pizza?

leemajors
11-18-2011, 09:55 AM
if you're baking pizzas in the oven, get a pizza stone. worlds better.

tlongII
11-18-2011, 10:08 AM
How much did you pay for it and what comes on a perfect pizza?

The Perfect Pizza is half Hawaiian, and half pepperoni. I have them add italian sausage to the pepperoni side and it costs me $11.99 for a large pizza. You can frequently get coupons for a couple bucks off as well. I usually add a little extra mozarella at home before I put it in the oven. 16-17 minutes at 425 degrees (pre-heated) and it's done!

Blake
11-18-2011, 10:17 AM
The Perfect Pizza is half Hawaiian, and half pepperoni. I have them add italian sausage to the pepperoni side and it costs me $11.99 for a large pizza. You can frequently get coupons for a couple bucks off as well. I usually add a little extra mozarella at home before I put it in the oven. 16-17 minutes at 425 degrees (pre-heated) and it's done!

So you actually have to add more cheese to make it tastier for you?

http://www.pizzahut.com/

any pizza, any size, any number of toppings

$10

PuttPutt
11-18-2011, 04:36 PM
I don't know about where you live, but the pizza's from Papa Murphy's here on Oregon are so much more massive than delivery. More toppings, more cheeses. etc. etc....

Same here in WA. Plus anytime I get a pizza from anywhere else it's just a big pool of grease.

My fav is the Thai Chicken. Wish they carried it all the time & not limited. Otherwise we just get the mediterranian chicken d'lite.

tlongII
11-18-2011, 04:47 PM
So you actually have to add more cheese to make it tastier for you?

http://www.pizzahut.com/

any pizza, any size, any number of toppings

$10

Nah, I just like more cheese than most people. There is nothing in your link that refers to a $10 pizza.

Blake
11-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Nah, I just like more cheese than most people. There is nothing in your link that refers to a $10 pizza.

Pizzahut.com. I clicked on it again and I see it again.

1 of 4 scrolling ads in a box on the right. Football field in the background.

Of course, I'm sure you can call your (or my) local Pizza Hut to confirm if you are really that curious.

Sisk
11-18-2011, 05:54 PM
Of course, I'm sure you can call your (or my) local Pizza Hut to confirm if you are really that curious.

:lol

Strike
11-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Love Papa Murphy's. Gotta go with the Cowboy or just pepperoni. Damn good grub. The only place in Portland/Milwaukie I like better is Pietro's but they're god damn expensive.

tlongII
11-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Pizzahut.com. I clicked on it again and I see it again.

1 of 4 scrolling ads in a box on the right. Football field in the background.

I see it now. My bad.

oh crap
11-21-2011, 09:25 PM
tried it tonight and don't intend to return ever again. should have went w/the papa johns special instead. nothing special at all.

DMC
11-21-2011, 09:47 PM
It's actually pretty decent and I don't really even like pizza. It's not cheap, but you get a shit load of toppings.

Soul_Patch
11-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Yea, i dont get its appeal. Haven't been there, but if i wanted to cook it myself, i would cook at home. Like mcdonalds giving me a frozen patty, loaf of bread and a potato in a bag and charging me double.

DesignatedT
11-22-2011, 12:02 AM
This place blows, but so does delivery pizza.

come to think of it, fuck pizza in general unless its like brick oven italian restaurant good.

cantthinkofanything
11-22-2011, 12:05 AM
Yea, i dont get its appeal. Haven't been there, but if i wanted to cook it myself, i would cook at home. Like mcdonalds giving me a frozen patty, loaf of bread and a potato in a bag and charging me double.

It's not even close to that.

baseline bum
11-22-2011, 12:25 AM

Not quite the same; for instance, the McDonald's crap could actually be correctly cooked at home with the patty and bun in a pan or on a comal and then the potato fried in oil or lard. By contrast, hardly anyone has an oven that can do the temperatures needed to get pizza crust correct.

tlongII
11-22-2011, 02:37 AM
425 degrees. That's all you need. The pizza kicks ass.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Tbh, Sam's Club and Costco both have bomb ass pre-prepared pizza that you go home and put in the oven. The pizza those places serve is very underrated.

cantthinkofanything
11-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Tbh, Sam's Club and Costco both have bomb ass pre-prepared pizza that you go home and put in the oven. The pizza those places serve is very underrated.

Too expensive.