PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about BCS Scenarios

Pelicans78
11-17-2011, 11:50 PM
1. LSU and OK ST win out. LSU vs. OK St.

2. LSU loses to Arkansas. Three-way tie in SEC West.
Nod should go to Arkansas in the SEC Title game. They split games against LSU and Bama on the road and was the only team out of the three to play South Carolina. Neither Bama nor LSU played S. Carolina or Georgia. Bama had both games at home they don't deserve the nod and even LSU would have lost at home. So that would leave OK St number one and a either Arkansas or Oregon battling for the number two spot.

3. Arkansas beats Georgia in the Georgia Dome. Already winning the SEC West was more impressive than Oregon winning the Pac-12. Well, at least equal. But now add a road win over Georgia should vault the Hogs to the title game. Arkansas vs. Oklahoma St.

4. LSU beats Arkansas but loses to Georgia. Georgia would get the nod in the Sugar Bowl most likely against the Houston Cougars. So where would that leave the number 2 spot assuming OK St wins out? Well, it would go down to LSU, Oregon, and Alabama. In the end, LSU should still get the nod over Bama since they won the West. LSU would have had wins over Oregon, Bama, and Arkansas. They should get the nod over Oregon. Basically, if LSU beats Arkansas, they're probably in the title game even if they lose at Georgia. LSU vs. Oklahoma St.

5. Let's talk about Oklahoma St and Oklahoma. Winner wins the Big 12. If Oklahoma wins, where does that leave them? So, if Arkansas beats LSU and Georgia, Oregon wins out, and Oklahoma wins out, who gets nod. Well, I already have Arkansas over LSU and Bama. I would also have Arkansas over OU since OU lost at home to TT and Arkansas lost at Bama. Now, it comes down to Oregon, OU, and still LSU and Bama. LSU beat both Oregon and Alabama. LSU lost at home to Arkansas and OU lost at home to TT. Have to go with LSU in the end. Arkansas vs LSU

6. If Arkansas loses to Georgia? Bigger mess. That would give them two losses. I think it eliminates them. That would leave OU, Bama, Oregon, and LSU. LSU has the most quality wins. Oregon and OU have impressive road wins. I would give the nod to Oregon vs LSU.

BRHornet45
11-18-2011, 12:21 AM
if Les Miles puts his ego and personal feelings before the team and starts Jordan Jefferson the rest of the way, then LSU won't get past Arkansas or Georgia. A Jordan Jefferson led offense will be lucky to score more than 14 points against a real team.

DesignatedT
11-18-2011, 12:27 AM
Doesn't matter who's quarterbackin, LSU ain't losin BR.

BRHornet45
11-18-2011, 12:31 AM
Doesn't matter who's quarterbackin, LSU ain't losin BR.

the defense can only do so much. Miles has fucked with Jarrett Lee's head and messed up his confidence now by kicking him to the curb after leading the team to 9-0 with 14 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, and nearly 1,300 yards. Jordan Jefferson deserves props for one thing and one thing only this season ... not turning the ball over against Alabama, but that is pretty easy to do when all that was asked of him was to run the ball every single play. the offense didn't do shit with him either. Alabama's QB threw 2 picks in that game as well, but I don't see Saban punishing him the way that Miles has punished Lee. hell... Jordan Jefferson struggled to put up decent numbers this past week against Western Kentucky High School and even got sacked for a safety lol.

Pelicans78
11-18-2011, 12:38 AM
I doubt LSU wins out if Jefferson plays the whole game.

BRHornet45
11-18-2011, 01:02 AM
I doubt LSU wins out if Jefferson plays the whole game.

truth

sons there is no doubt in my mind that LSU stands not a chance in hell to win out if Jordan Jefferson starts / gets the majority of snaps. not a chance in hell.

Giuseppe
11-18-2011, 07:38 AM
^Though his bust out late thru the Tide defensive line was a calculated & cold blooded decision.

Blake
11-18-2011, 10:04 AM
more reasons why the BCS system sucks

Pelicans78
11-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Arkansas and Georgia have much better QBs compared to Bama. LSU will need to score actual TDs to beat them. Georgia is 4th ranked in the country in yards allowed so their D can compete with LSU's defense.

Brutalis
11-21-2011, 01:41 AM
If Arkansas beats LSU and Auburn beats Bama, Arkansas vs Georgia in SECCG.

If Arkansas beats LSU and Bama beats Auburn, Bama vs Georgia in SECCG.

If LSU beats Arkansas and Bama beats Auburn, LSU vs Georgua in SECCG.

All other SEC scenarios are obvious. Arkansas has to win and Bama lose for them to get to the conference championships. But I don't want Auburn to win that game. If we can just beat LSU and Bama win like they should, we're a lock for the NC game and LSU is dashed to bits.

Then it would be a rematch of Arkansas / Bama for all the marbles.

Fabbs
11-21-2011, 09:48 AM
1. LSU and OK ST win out. LSU vs. OK St.

This will be an interesting B.S. Bowl vote.
Will OKla ST leapfrog 'Bama?

Fabbs
11-23-2011, 12:54 AM
If we can just beat LSU and Bama win like they should, we're a lock for the NC game and LSU is dashed to bits.

Then it would be a rematch of Arkansas / Bama for all the marbles.
Why would one loss LSU be dashed to bits since they beat one loss Bama?
Dashed to bits as regards the NC game but how can you drop LSU below Bama?

Trainwreck2100
11-23-2011, 01:10 AM
if arkansas wins lol BCS with a monumental clusterfuck

Pelicans78
11-23-2011, 10:16 AM
If Arkansas wins, I would have them number one followed by LSU and Bama. Bama had the easiest road to the title game so they shouldn't get the nod. Arkansas had to go at Bama and LSu plus play South Carolina while LSU had to go at Bama and also played Oregon out of conference.