PDA

View Full Version : 10 year old kills herself because of bullying

TE
11-18-2011, 03:28 PM
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/11/13/family-blames-bullying-for-10-year-old-girls-suicide/#.Tsa4uDyITkh.facebook

RIDGE FARM, Ill. (CBS) – The family of a 10-year-old girl in east central Illinois says intense bullying caused the fifth-grader to kill herself late last week.

Two weeks ago, Ashlynn Conner told her mom she was being bullied at Ridge Farm Elementary School, where she was an honor student. She was also being bullied in the neighborhood.

But the girl’s mother says she never expected her daughter would take her own life.

“I thought my kids are strong kids, and that my words for them for guidance and advice was going to have more weight than what these kids could be saying,” Stacy Conner told WCIA-TV on Sunday.

Ashlynn on Thursday asked her mother if she could be home-schooled, but the parent said no. The next day, the honor student hanged herself in a closet by using a scarf. A sibling found her.

The girl’s family is hoping their story will help other children who may be struggling to cope with bullies.

“I don’t know what it’s going to take to stop it, but no child should ever have to feel like they have to kill themselves to stop that kind of pain,” Stacy Conner says.

In a news release, Ashlynn’s school district said counseling will be available Monday for students. A visitation was planned for Tuesday.

Ridge Farm is about 40 miles southeast of the University of Illinois campus at Champaign-Urbana.

:wow:wow:wow:wow

FkLA
11-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Wow thats fucking horrible :(

Blake
11-18-2011, 03:35 PM
incredible that a 10 year old would know how to hang herself.

I. Hustle
11-18-2011, 03:36 PM
That's sad

LnGrrrR
11-18-2011, 03:38 PM

I don't think it's that hard necessarily... pretty disturbing though. This is why I'm going to teach my kids to just kick the crap out of people who call them names.

Libri
11-18-2011, 03:39 PM
terrible

I hope the parents didn't brush off her complaints.

JoeChalupa
11-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Damn. Talk and listen to your kids. They may not always open up but talk to them.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-18-2011, 04:25 PM

Well, she was an honor student.

Creepn
11-18-2011, 05:00 PM
I think the parents are too scared to deal with this directly also. I remember I had this huge 5th grader (me first grader) always giving me hassle on the bus. I told my mom about this kid, the next day my mom waited for the bus to stop, got in the bus and told the kid off. Like that Madea scene minus the slapping. Straight up embarrassed him. The kid never messed with me after that. He would just say "Don't mess with him or he'll tell his momma", but I didn't give a fuck. It worked.

That's exactly what I'm gonna do when my kid tells me about a bully.

Kyle Orton
11-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Well, she was an honor student.

:lol fucked up

Kyle Orton
11-18-2011, 05:05 PM
I think the parents are too scared to deal with this directly also. I remember I had this huge 5th grader (me first grader) always giving me hassle on the bus. I told my mom about this kid, the next day my mom waited for the bus to stop, got in the bus and told the kid off. Like that Madea scene minus the slapping. Straight up embarrassed him. The kid never messed with me after that. He would just say "Don't mess with him or he'll tell his momma", but I didn't give a fuck. It worked.

That's exactly what I'm gonna do when my kid tells me about a bully.

Tbh that's what gorillas do. Alpha males will pick on the small weak gorillas

Creepn
11-18-2011, 05:11 PM
Tbh that's what gorillas do. Alpha males will pick on the small weak gorillas

More like chump quality to me. If you think that's alpha male quality then you're a big fat chump bitch too.

CubanSucks
11-18-2011, 05:48 PM
“I don’t know what it’s going to take to stop it, but no child should ever have to feel like they have to kill themselves to stop that kind of pain,” Stacy Conner says.

nothing's gonna stop it you retard. Bullying is as natural as sex. It's always gone on and nothing can be done about it

I'm not even gonna blame the parents. How fucking often does a 10 year old complain about their social situations, ESPECIALLY girls? They were probably showing her a little "toughen up, get over it" lesson, a lesson most of you in here would applaud if it were a different thread, and she couldn't hack it

JayTheClown
11-18-2011, 05:49 PM
I don't think it's that hard necessarily... pretty disturbing though. This is why I'm going to teach my kids to just kick the crap out of people who call them names.

This
Totally agree

JayTheClown
11-18-2011, 05:56 PM
I dont understand where this all is coming from. I had real real thick glasses in elementary school but I was never bullied. I was teased a little bit, but it was all in fun. I would laugh it off and tease the guy teasing me about his flaw. We would still be cool tho. I eventually got contacts in middle school so maybe I dodged the bullying I would have took in high school maybe? Are kids harsher now?

m>s
11-18-2011, 06:30 PM
i fathom 90% of the students who bullied her are chink immigrants tbh, chinks are born to be bullies

Kyle Orton
11-18-2011, 06:43 PM
i fathom 90% of the students who bullied her are chink immigrants tbh, chinks are born to be bullies

:lol sup rogue

AussieFanKurt
11-18-2011, 09:15 PM
I hope those who bullied him never sleep properly again

DMC
11-18-2011, 09:23 PM
It's weird that 10 year olds think of death as a way out. We never thought of that back then. We just took our taunting and shit, busted a few heads and moved on. Girls these days spend so much time on social networking sites that their entire self worth is predicated on what their "wall" says about them.

LnGrrrR
11-18-2011, 11:52 PM
nothing's gonna stop it you retard. Bullying is as natural as sex. It's always gone on and nothing can be done about it

I'm not even gonna blame the parents. How fucking often does a 10 year old complain about their social situations, ESPECIALLY girls? They were probably showing her a little "toughen up, get over it" lesson, a lesson most of you in here would applaud if it were a different thread, and she couldn't hack it

Pretty much, if the story is as they said it. You have to wonder if something else wasn't going on.

BlackSwordsMan
11-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Blame bad parenting.

BlackSwordsMan
11-19-2011, 10:46 AM
It's weird that 10 year olds think of death as a way out. We never thought of that back then. We just took our taunting and shit, busted a few heads and moved on. Girls these days spend so much time on social networking sites that their entire self worth is predicated on what their "wall" says about them.

eggzacklty. How would a 10 year old kid even had the idea of suicide?

xellos88330
11-19-2011, 10:49 AM
This is truly sad.

If my kids ever tell me, or I notice that they are being bullied. There will be a reckoning. The bullies' parents will wish they had never conceived.

mavs>spurs
11-19-2011, 11:30 AM
everybody been a bully or someone tried to bully them at some point or another imho, you just bust that mofo in the mouth and go about your business tbh. it's some sort of psychological/social phenomenon causing all these kids to kill themselves i think, back in you all older folks day there was probably more bullying yet this sort of thing was unheard of. tbh you can't even thump a kid in the ear in school these days without getting tasered and arrested by the campus police and slapped with an assault charge.

DMC
11-19-2011, 11:56 AM
everybody been a bully or someone tried to bully them at some point or another imho, you just bust that mofo in the mouth and go about your business tbh. it's some sort of psychological/social phenomenon causing all these kids to kill themselves i think, back in you all older folks day there was probably more bullying yet this sort of thing was unheard of. tbh you can't even thump a kid in the ear in school these days without getting tasered and arrested by the campus police and slapped with an assault charge.

That's a cause and effect thing though, as parents sued schools for things that the older generations just dealt with personally, schools began to treat kids like adults. Teachers and administrators have been removed from the role of enforcers and that job has been given to police.

Everyone has this personal space, personal rights button they are just waiting for someone else to press so they can scream discrimination or harassment. Rules have been enacted to protect the school systems from the litigation that ensues. Blame society for being cuckold.

Frenzy
11-19-2011, 12:49 PM
So I guess bullies don't hang themselves.

JamStone
11-19-2011, 01:02 PM
I think some people are oversimplifying things. It's easy to say when you get bullied, beat that kid's ass. What if the kid is bigger and stronger? What if it's multiple kids and you constantly get your ass beat? It's not so simple to say beat their ass or I'm going to teach my kids to kick ass. And in this case, isn't it a girl? More than likely, the bullying is mental. Maybe she's fat or has glasses and that's what they're making fun of. A lot of 10 year old girls don't fight, don't throw punches. That's not a realistic solution for a lot of 10 year old girls. It's a sad, sad story. But I don't think the answer is as simple as some here have made it sound.

Also, the "back in the day" argument might not be as applicable. I'm sure there were suicides back in the 80s, 70s, 60s by kids who got bullied. We just rarely heard about it unless it was a local story. Mass media on a national and global level via the internet makes these stories so easily accessible. There might be differences now from when we were kids. But I don't think it's an absolute. I'm sure there were kids dealing with similar issues "back in the day." I'm sure there are stories of suicides. Maybe not as many. But I don't think it's merely a product of the new generation and how parents and teachers handle kids.

Really sad story. I generally don't care about stories where some random person gets killed. But when it's a 10 year old kid, I feel bad. I feel heartbroken for her and her family.

mavs>spurs
11-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Who cares if the kid is bigger and stronger? Just one good punch will make him think twice and find a bigger target. If I'm getting my ass beat on the daily, I'm waiting till outside of school and ambushing the fucker with a weapon. To me I couldn't just sit there and do nothing, that's just me.

And as far as girls go? Girls are pretty damn mean, girls are some of the best shit talkers there are. All she's gotta do is make fun of the bully back instead of cowering and crying.

ALL THAT SAID, I'm not saying it's her fault. Just saying that the older generations seemed to be a lot more mentally tough towards this sort of thing. I never heard of this stuff growing up, and I'm pretty sure we had internet and media in the 90's. I think something in society is teaching kids that it's acceptable to commit suicide or something, something is making these kids do it. Like someone else said, how do they even know how to kill themselves? I never thought of such thing as a kid any time something didn't go my way tbh..

pawe
11-19-2011, 01:11 PM
I'll teach my kid to break the nose or hassan chop the throat of another kid bullying him and I wont care if my kid ends up in the principal's office everyday.

The only problem I see with this is persuading my kid to buck up and fight a boy bigger than him.

Drachen
11-19-2011, 01:42 PM
I'll teach my kid to break the nose or hassan chop the throat of another kid bullying him and I wont care if my kid ends up in the principal's office everyday.

The only problem I see with this is persuading my kid to buck up and fight a boy bigger than him.

When I was a kid, one of my friend's bigger brothers would pick on me, take my shit and such. I was 8 and his brother was 16 or so. I generally would get the stuff back eventually, but one day he wouldn't give me back my wiffle ball bat (does anyone even still play this?). My father walked over there with a baseball bat (aluminum) and called him out. Acted pretty menacing got my bat back, and the kid never messed with me again. When we got back home, he let me know that a fair fight is a fair fight and that I should do my best, but if I shouldn't make a fight unfair even if I am losing. He then went on to let me know that if the scales are tipped away from me (as they would be in a fight between myself and my friend's brother), that I should try to even the odds, then he started picking up large rocks to make his point. Lastly, he told me that if this didn't work and if I was in eminent danger from a much larger opponent that I should punch the crotch as hard as I could until that person relented (he also let me know that this was the only appropriate time for such an action :lol). We ended that afternoon working on his truck and then target practice throwing rocks. - ha

Point is, parental involvement is necessary.

pawe
11-19-2011, 02:12 PM
True.
Unfair or not, the first priority is ending the fight as quickly as possible. I'd rather a kid depend on his father's advice (as long as its reasonable) than leaving issues like school yard fights and bullying to school officials because we know how fucked up their system is.

A lot of parents doesn't want their kid to retaliate with violence but that is the only way to stop bullying. Your kid will get beat up of course but the bully will get a few hits too (that's why my father wanted me to target the nose because that will give the bully black eyes on both eyes for a week and a half) hopefully that will be enough reason to leave him alone.

thispego
11-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Who cares if the kid is bigger and stronger? Just one good punch will make him think twice and find a bigger target. If I'm getting my ass beat on the daily, I'm waiting till outside of school and ambushing the fucker with a weapon. To me I couldn't just sit there and do nothing, that's just me.

And as far as girls go? Girls are pretty damn mean, girls are some of the best shit talkers there are. All she's gotta do is make fun of the bully back instead of cowering and crying.

ALL THAT SAID, I'm not saying it's her fault. Just saying that the older generations seemed to be a lot more mentally tough towards this sort of thing. I never heard of this stuff growing up, and I'm pretty sure we had internet and media in the 90's. I think something in society is teaching kids that it's acceptable to commit suicide or something, something is making these kids do it. Like someone else said, how do they even know how to kill themselves? I never thought of such thing as a kid any time something didn't go my way tbh..

you dont sound much older than this little girl. you about 15 or so? you dont seem to know shit, this topic may be a little out of your league, please step away.

thispego
11-19-2011, 02:59 PM

your kids are definitely going to get bullied :lol

GoodOdor
11-19-2011, 03:13 PM

like you got bullied in high school tbh for looking like a mouthbreather?

did teaming up with a Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ and a fatass help with the bullying problem tbh?

thispego
11-19-2011, 03:17 PM
lol i ruled highschool. one of tha best times of mah life tbh

GoodOdor
11-19-2011, 03:18 PM

crofl bro mookie might have ruled the cafeteria, but that's the only thing you and your little crew "ruled".

LnGrrrR
11-19-2011, 03:31 PM
I think some people are oversimplifying things. It's easy to say when you get bullied, beat that kid's ass. What if the kid is bigger and stronger?

I usually was the smallest kid (entered my senior year age 16), so I got picked on because I looked like an easy mark. But I was taught to fight dirty, so anyone that fucked with me got spit on, bit, kneed in the balls, anything I could do. Plus, if I could I'd rip up their books and fuck up anything else of theirs I could get a hand on. After the 3rd or so kid started a fight with me, the rest figured it wasn't worth it.

What if it's multiple kids and you constantly get your ass beat? It's not so simple to say beat their ass or I'm going to teach my kids to kick ass.

Definitely a harder situation with all the fucktarded psycho kids nowadays. I plan on telling my kid that if they ever come at him more than a time, to run to someplace safe. And if he gets caught, and beat up bad, lord help those fucking kids and their parents.

And in this case, isn't it a girl? More than likely, the bullying is mental. Maybe she's fat or has glasses and that's what they're making fun of. A lot of 10 year old girls don't fight, don't throw punches. That's not a realistic solution for a lot of 10 year old girls. It's a sad, sad story. But I don't think the answer is as simple as some here have made it sound.

Agreed, it's probably mental. In that case I'll just probably tell my son/daughter to call the other girl a bitchy fuckface. I find blazen swearing and cursing works, and if not, at least it draws the attention of a teacher. :D

Really sad story. I generally don't care about stories where some random person gets killed. But when it's a 10 year old kid, I feel bad. I feel heartbroken for her and her family.

Yeah, definitely sucks. I mean, I have plans and whatnot for my kids, but who knows whether they will work out. I'm sure this girls parents thought they had it all figured out too. *shrug*

LnGrrrR
11-19-2011, 03:32 PM
When I was a kid, one of my friend's bigger brothers would pick on me, take my shit and such. I was 8 and his brother was 16 or so. I generally would get the stuff back eventually, but one day he wouldn't give me back my wiffle ball bat (does anyone even still play this?). My father walked over there with a baseball bat (aluminum) and called him out. Acted pretty menacing got my bat back, and the kid never messed with me again. When we got back home, he let me know that a fair fight is a fair fight and that I should do my best, but if I shouldn't make a fight unfair even if I am losing. He then went on to let me know that if the scales are tipped away from me (as they would be in a fight between myself and my friend's brother), that I should try to even the odds, then he started picking up large rocks to make his point. Lastly, he told me that if this didn't work and if I was in eminent danger from a much larger opponent that I should punch the crotch as hard as I could until that person relented (he also let me know that this was the only appropriate time for such an action :lol). We ended that afternoon working on his truck and then target practice throwing rocks. - ha

I think my dad and yours read the same book. :lol

LnGrrrR
11-19-2011, 03:33 PM

lol thispedo/lil'homo

Do you log in just to see if I'm in a thread? I guess it makes sense you join this thread though, with your looks and personality you must be the fucking king of getting bullied. :lol

LnGrrrR
11-19-2011, 03:34 PM

I could see that. I can't imagine you doing much after high school. Those D&D sessions during lunch must've been a career highlight.

DMC
11-19-2011, 03:45 PM
I think some people are oversimplifying things. It's easy to say when you get bullied, beat that kid's ass. What if the kid is bigger and stronger? What if it's multiple kids and you constantly get your ass beat? It's not so simple to say beat their ass or I'm going to teach my kids to kick ass. And in this case, isn't it a girl? More than likely, the bullying is mental. Maybe she's fat or has glasses and that's what they're making fun of. A lot of 10 year old girls don't fight, don't throw punches. That's not a realistic solution for a lot of 10 year old girls. It's a sad, sad story. But I don't think the answer is as simple as some here have made it sound.

Also, the "back in the day" argument might not be as applicable. I'm sure there were suicides back in the 80s, 70s, 60s by kids who got bullied. We just rarely heard about it unless it was a local story. Mass media on a national and global level via the internet makes these stories so easily accessible. There might be differences now from when we were kids. But I don't think it's an absolute. I'm sure there were kids dealing with similar issues "back in the day." I'm sure there are stories of suicides. Maybe not as many. But I don't think it's merely a product of the new generation and how parents and teachers handle kids.

It is a product of the newer generation but not how schools handle kids. It's a product of how the new generation parents raise kids.

thispego
11-19-2011, 03:56 PM
crofl bro mookie might have ruled the cafeteria, but that's the only thing you and your little crew "ruled".

scrofl oh ok :lol

thispego
11-19-2011, 03:58 PM
lol thispedo/lil'homo

Do you log in just to see if I'm in a thread? I guess it makes sense you join this thread though, with your looks and personality you must be the fucking king of getting bullied. :lol

ive never bullied or been bullied. you on the other hand :lol cant imagine how bad you got it in junior high and high school

DMC
11-19-2011, 04:04 PM
ive never bullied or been bullied. you on the other hand :lol cant imagine how bad you got it in junior high and high school
If that skinny faggot in that pic was you, you would have gotten your ass beat on a daily basis in HS.

You can change your user name, but you cannot change your life.

thispego
11-19-2011, 04:07 PM
what pic tbh? you sound like a dude who needed to bully to feel better about himself :lol

kids in my school were too smart to bully and fight with each other. You probably went to retard school which is why you think the way you do :lmao

DMC
11-19-2011, 04:09 PM
what pic tbh? you sound like a dude who needed to bully to feel better about himself :lol

kids in my school were too smart to bully and fight with each other. You probably went to retard school which is why you think the way you do :lmao

What pic? :lmao

LnGrrrR
11-19-2011, 04:10 PM

I can believe you never bullied someone... how the fuck would you do that? :lol But if someone needed a poster child for what a bullied kid looks like, they'd plaster your picture up on the school walls as the epitome.

LnGrrrR
11-19-2011, 04:10 PM
lol thispedo/lil'homo getting shit on by DMC
lol trying to pretend there's some picture in which he doesn't look like a raging pussy

thispego
11-19-2011, 04:24 PM
lol, oh you kids

LnGrrrR
11-19-2011, 04:27 PM
lol still responding

mavs>spurs
11-19-2011, 04:30 PM
you dont sound much older than this little girl. you about 15 or so? you dont seem to know shit, this topic may be a little out of your league, please step away.

you were picked on too i see :lol

DMC
11-19-2011, 07:23 PM
lol still responding
He going to try to grow a mustache now. You've fucked him up for at least a week or two.

m>s
11-19-2011, 07:31 PM

which can be transcribed as: if you are a chink and you don't want to be a bully, then be a pussy

JayTheClown
11-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Um.....I want to see this pic yall are talking about

LnGrrrR
11-19-2011, 10:54 PM
He going to try to grow a mustache now. You've fucked him up for at least a week or two.

tbh, when I first read the thread title, I thought it was referring to thispedo

mavs>spurs
11-19-2011, 11:10 PM
some would say that a certain ST poster killed himself because of bullying, but anyone with half a brain knows that's bullshit. RIP.

DMC
11-19-2011, 11:38 PM
tbh, when I first read the thread title, I thought it was referring to thispedo
He just acts like a 10 year old girl.

DMC
11-19-2011, 11:38 PM
some would say that a certain ST poster killed himself because of bullying, but anyone with half a brain knows that's bullshit. RIP.
What about those of us who have both halves?

mavs>spurs
11-19-2011, 11:43 PM
they probably know it too, they don't even have to strain their little brains as hard to get that

thispego
11-20-2011, 12:52 PM
lol thinkin bout me non-stop

DarkReign
11-21-2011, 11:38 AM

My father was never involved in any of the altercations I found myself in. I learned through experience that a fight is a fight, someone wins, someone loses.

There is nothing fair, there is no honor. You either win or you lose.

If someone wants to throw with me, and violence becomes necessary, they better not enter the fight thinking there are any rules. If they do, theyll lose. I dont fight to look pretty or to be cool. I fight to end the fight as quickly as possible with as little damage to me as possible.

LnGrrrR
11-21-2011, 12:50 PM
lol thinkin bout me non-stop

lol still in this thread
lol latecomer

Drachen
11-21-2011, 02:37 PM
My father was never involved in any of the altercations I found myself in. I learned through experience that a fight is a fight, someone wins, someone loses.

There is nothing fair, there is no honor. You either win or you lose.

If someone wants to throw with me, and violence becomes necessary, they better not enter the fight thinking there are any rules. If they do, theyll lose. I dont fight to look pretty or to be cool. I fight to end the fight as quickly as possible with as little damage to me as possible.

Well, I am sorry, we did things a little differently. My father was involved in teaching me to fight at a pretty young age. He got involved in this particular altercation because the dude outweighed me by about 120+ lbs and had a substantial advantage as far as reach was concerned.

It is possible to win while playing by the rules, and I am not going to be the first one to throw them out of the window (though I will be mindful that my opponent may try to escalate). You may say that it is an outdated concept, but I feel that it is a reflection of how you act in the rest of your life. (though to be fair, you have stated over and over again that you don't care about anyone else as long as you get yours, so at least you are being consistent - I just don't feel the same way).

LnGrrrR
11-21-2011, 05:52 PM
If the fight is fair, I'm fine with fighting fair. If I'm at a significant disadvantage, all bets are off. Hell, my bro once threw a brick at a kid's head and clipped him with it.

Agloco
11-21-2011, 06:25 PM
If the fight is fair, I'm fine with fighting fair. If I'm at a significant disadvantage, all bets are off. Hell, my bro once threw a brick at a kid's head and clipped him with it.

I was forced to take a tire iron to a kids knee once. It turned into quite a mess, but he was about 6 years older than me and twice as big. My father told me "Good thing you found that iron son. Even better that you swung it."

I don't advocate violence, but bullying is a very bad thing and I'll encourage my children to do anything they feel they need to in order to defend themselves. Period. I'd much rather face the music of a civil suit than the death of my child.

mavs>spurs
11-21-2011, 07:10 PM
i once stepped in to keep my friend from getting jumped, and when 3 more of their friends jumped in and it was 5 on 2 i pulled a knife on their asses. i agree that all bets are off if you want to play like a pussy and not pick a fair fight, you get what you deserve.

DMC
11-21-2011, 08:44 PM
There are no rules in survival fighting. The bitch slap fest most guys do is different. If you can walk away from it, you don't need to fight.

I used to love to fight, did it all the time, but these days just the thought of one punch getting through, or breaking my hand or something stupid like that, is enough to turn me off to it.

BlackSwordsMan
11-21-2011, 09:46 PM
pego the dude with those thick ass glasses claiming he was bully? :lmao

BlackSwordsMan
11-21-2011, 09:47 PM
:lol

DMC
11-21-2011, 09:54 PM
pego the dude with those thick ass glasses claiming he was bully? :lmao
Sure, he rode the bus his senior year, and bullied the 7th graders.

BlackSwordsMan
11-21-2011, 10:10 PM
have you ever deep dicked a mans asshole until he passed out from bleeding?

FuzzyLumpkins
11-21-2011, 10:16 PM

That's what I was taught and what I teach. Deterrence works.

BlackSwordsMan
11-21-2011, 10:19 PM
deterrence works give a kid a gun

Koolaid_Man
11-22-2011, 07:20 AM
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/11/13/family-blames-bullying-for-10-year-old-girls-suicide/#.Tsa4uDyITkh.facebook

RIDGE FARM, Ill. (CBS) – The family of a 10-year-old girl in east central Illinois says intense bullying caused the fifth-grader to kill herself late last week.

Two weeks ago, Ashlynn Conner told her mom she was being bullied at Ridge Farm Elementary School, where she was an honor student. She was also being bullied in the neighborhood.

But the girl’s mother says she never expected her daughter would take her own life.

“I thought my kids are strong kids, and that my words for them for guidance and advice was going to have more weight than what these kids could be saying,” Stacy Conner told WCIA-TV on Sunday.

Ashlynn on Thursday asked her mother if she could be home-schooled, but the parent said no. The next day, the honor student hanged herself in a closet by using a scarf. A sibling found her.

The girl’s family is hoping their story will help other children who may be struggling to cope with bullies.

In a news release, Ashlynn’s school district said counseling will be available Monday for students. A visitation was planned for Tuesday.

Ridge Farm is about 40 miles southeast of the University of Illinois campus at Champaign-Urbana.

:wow:wow:wow:wow

this type of stuff happens 'mostly' to white people. I suspect they teach their kids not to fight back because it's not something Mark Twain or Sherlock Holmes would do...:lol

listen I got bullied and I bullied back...teach your kids how to land a round house double maker for a rainy day...teach your kids how to have a n|ggar moment...It's ok sometimes white people...:lol

Here let me show you::lmao

N4k4_OLV938

Frank Dux
11-22-2011, 02:22 PM
If only she was as tough as your average Spurstalker...

Venti Quattro
11-23-2011, 12:42 AM
Bullies need to be killed

xellos88330
11-23-2011, 09:58 AM
I think my dad and yours read the same book. :lol

My sentiments exactly. I am a pretty little guy myself, but will not hesitate to fight dirty. Odds are that I am going to piss off some random guys at some point and they would definitely be bigger than me. Little guy needs to do what he can to see the light of another day.

Knock his dick in the dirt!!!