PDA

View Full Version : So, if I was a hotshot HS QB...

jalbre6
06-16-2005, 01:05 AM
I would commit as soon as I could pry my way away from the trim and sign with Florida State University. How hard could it be? Don't gamble and don't get high in public. The last QB they had worth a shit had an early mid-life crisis and quit playing minor-league baseball to QB for Bowden and the Noles.

In case you haven't heard, Wyatt Sexton, the starting QB for FSU, first got high, and then decided to go out and attempt to go drinking. He was so fucked up that he proclaimed himself as "God" lying on a sidewalk in Tallahassee. His Dad is an assistant coach with Florida State and was instantly confused. Luckily enough he realized later that Wyatt was calling an audible into a strong-side trips set out of the shotgun, with the tailback aligned to the left to pick up the blitzing strong safety.

If he was God, think of all he could have done for Seminole football. A few wide rights. Miami's resurgence. Adrian McPherson's check-writing ability. Water from the Fountain of Youth for Chris Weinke. The Scarecrow's brain for Bobby Bowden. The ACC expansion.

With any luck, they'd retire his number.

mookie2001
06-16-2005, 08:36 AM
i hope the gators and noles will continue their downward spiral into shittyness
but dam id rather sign there than OU

Ballcox
06-16-2005, 05:11 PM
Speaking of hot shot QB's, UT just landed S. Harris out of Arlington, one of the best QB's in the state and in the country. He's one of those combination speed/throwing QB's, with what a number of recruiting analysts think is a better passing game than Vince had coming out of Houston Madison, but not as good a runner as Vince. So, he should fit right into the offense we've been running lately. Also, we're still working on the M. Mustain kid out of Arkansas, another top national QB recruit, also has that size/speed/throwing combination that works well in our offense. Of course H. Nutt is making a hard pitch for him to come to Arkansas by offering ships to 4 other players on Mustain's HS team. This upcoming recruiting class for Mack is shaping up to potentiall be a #1 class in the entire country, looking good.

Also, forgot the kid's name, but we also landed one of the top DT prospects in the country out of South Carolina, the pipeline continues for DT's at Texas!

respect the 'fro :fro

mookie2001
06-16-2005, 05:30 PM
i was kind of scared when we lost out on perroiloux, but if vince stays a 5th year, which i think he will to prove he can be a qb in the nfl and not a receiver -im calling you out steve mcnair, give him some good advice- anyway colt mccoy sounds good but i figured mack is playing him up to calm people down about the qb situation. i feel better now but harris still hasnt signed the line

and...
whos a better runner than vince?

Dingle Barry
06-22-2005, 09:55 AM
how in the fuck is mack brown playing up colt mccoy?

sexton was on shrooms or lsd.

mookie2001
06-22-2005, 10:34 AM
he was saying he was a diamond in the rough, coaches son, very high fb iq, he broke every 2a state record, he can throw on the run
if they would have signed any other qb, it most likely would have been a straight dropback passer from a bigass school

Ballcox
06-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Ya never know, Colt could be one of those Major Applewhite type of QB's. Major came out of a more well regarded HS program in Louisana, but he did not impress anyone early on at Texas, hell, he had to battle Greg Cicero for the 2nd string job. But, he ends up being on the better QB's in UT's history. I do think Colt will have a tough time with our new QB signing, S. Harris. That kid has some serious tools at QB, at 6'2/205-210lbs he can run with speed, has a strong arm and from scouting reports has better downfield vision than VY had coming out of Houston Madison. I still think we need one more stud QB recruit for next year's class. I'm still hoping we can land the Mitch Mustain kid out of Arkansas, having two big time QB recruits to battle for the QB spot once Vince is gone can only mean good things for UT.

respect the 'fro :fro

sa_butta
07-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Speaking of Wyatt Sexton
FSU is in the shithole again at QB.
Turns out he has lyme disease.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2104326