PDA

View Full Version : Texas Aggies vs Texas Longhorns *For the last time*

Pages : [1] 2

DesignatedT
11-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Predictions?

Also, horn fans, Who are you guys going to be missing due to injury thanksgiving night? I'd like to see who's out for both sides.

http://www.coverjunkie.com/uploads/1318579421.jpg

johngateswhiteley
11-20-2011, 01:41 PM
For a decade or so, IMO. In any case, last time for a while, which I still cannot believe. Hope we step good and hard on Mack's throat..

A&M 33
t.u. 16

ThePop
11-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Missing:
-John Harris
-a quarterback
-Shipley
-Fozzy
-Malcolm and Joe played yesterday but weren't 100%. They will play but probably won't be much improved considering the short week.
-Possibly Josh Cochran, was injured last night, I didn't see if he returned.

Our defense is playing amazing, i'd put them up there with the best in the country. So I say

Sheepfuckers 17
Texas 6

Sisk
11-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Who's going to start the game for yall?

ThePop
11-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Depth chart will be out tomorrow, but I expect McCoy. I don't think it matters though.

Bill_Brasky
11-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Texas needs their defense to get them points if they wanna have a chance.

DesignatedT
11-20-2011, 06:56 PM
I think it will be a close game. Your defense is pretty stout but nobody seems to think your offense will be enough.

One thing I fully expect us to do that we have been doing all year though is give you guys excellent field possession to start drives and give you extra possessions due to turnovers which will allow you guys to get on the board.

If Cyrus can't go I will officially be scared as Sherman will totally abandon the run game if we have to rely on Ben Malena.

Ags 27
t.u 20

ChumpDumper
11-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Why do you call it t.u.?

Sisk
11-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Why do you call it t.u.?

The Aggies don’t believe that their rival is The University of Texas, but rather a Texas University.

The “Texas University” naming dates back to at least 1920, when J. V. “Pinky” Wilson wrote what would become the Aggie War Hymn: “Good-bye to Texas University.”

DesignatedT
11-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Why do you call it t.u.?

Why are you in this thread?

scottspurs
11-20-2011, 08:32 PM
You never know what will happen in a rivalry game like this, but being honest Texas offense is a mess right now. Defense will show up, but Im not optimistic.

Texas 10
Aggies 20

Hope I'm wrong

DesignatedT
11-21-2011, 12:42 PM
davidubben David Ubben
Yikes. Cyrus Gray's shoulder has a stress fracture. Day-to-day, but Mike Sherman says he won't play vs. Texas if his health is in jeopardy.

Bad news if we are without Michael and Gray. Ben Malena is next in line with a total of 19 carries on the season.

DMX7
11-21-2011, 12:45 PM
It's a toss up, but A&M should be favored because Texas has absolutely zero offense. Two mostly injured true freshman running backs and two amazingly bad QBs are why.

shyne
11-21-2011, 12:56 PM
I'd rather they play diggs at qb.

coyotes_geek
11-21-2011, 01:06 PM
Texas' shitty offense is ill-equipped to take advantage of A&M's shitty defense. A&M wins 31-17.

ChumpDumper
11-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Why are you in this thread?I had a question for you.

DesignatedT
11-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Early line is A&M -8

ThePop
11-21-2011, 02:36 PM
The only way I can see us winning this game:
-Cyrus Gray doesn't play
-We get points off defense and blocked punts, or at least turnovers giving good field position
-Malcolm and Joe are healthy and thus given more playing time
-Case plays like he did vs UCLA

All of this would have to happen for a win IMO

DesignatedT
11-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Well I know the first 2 points are very possible.

shyne
11-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Texas should go back to the two qb rotation this game, try and keep the defense off balance. I expect alot of tricks and wrinkles this week from Texas to try and manufacture some offense.

Regardless Texas should take at least 5-7 shots downfield with Davis and Goodwin and test that A&M secondary.

Blake
11-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Texas should go back to the two qb rotation this game, try and keep the defense off balance. I expect alot of tricks and wrinkles this week from Texas to try and manufacture some offense.

Regardless Texas should take at least 5-7 shots downfield with Davis and Goodwin and test that A&M secondary.

I know they won't, but I think that UT should go wildcat the entire game and use that mammoth offensive line to just pound the Aggies and the clock.

stretch
11-21-2011, 05:07 PM
I know they won't, but I think that UT should go wildcat the entire game and use that mammoth offensive line to just pound the Aggies and the clock.

If they still had Fozzy, that might actually be their best option.

DesignatedT
11-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Our run defense isn't really the weakness when it comes to our defense. Running the ball 3 times in a row really wont do it for you.

I do fully expect McCoy to have a career day throwing the ball though because our secondary is that bad, especially without Steven Campbell and Coryell Judie. Judie might be able to give it a go though.

You guys need to win the turnover battle and the field position battle. If you give us a short field to work with we will score but if you consistently back us back inside our own 20 to start drives, our offense seems to struggle a lot more. Kinda goes without saying but it's especially true with us.

shyne
11-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Is Shipley officially out?

TFloss32
11-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Texas' shitty offense is ill-equipped to take advantage of A&M's shitty defense. A&M wins 31-17.

Pretty much how I feel except that's a lot of points to put up on Texas' D the way they're playing right now. Hard for me to imagine Texas' O getting 17. Tucker may be the MVP for UT if they manage to pull out a win, but some turnovers will be needed.

Cant_Be_Faded
11-21-2011, 06:27 PM
No way we score more than fourteen without special teams or defensive scoring. Texas is going to get their asses handed to them. Aggie never sleeps on us, always become supateam against us, did not have to exert any effort last saturday, and texas played its most physical game of the season saturday. I just hope we keep it respectable.

ThePop
11-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Is Shipley officially out?

I think he's listed second on the depth chart, just like the Kstate game. I actually saw him today and didn't notice a brace or anything.

benefactor
11-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Early line is A&M -8
That's about right.

I agree with most of what's been said here except the high scores. I would probably say 16-6 maybe 16-13 A&M if Texas manages to get a turnover deep in A&M territory.

johngateswhiteley
11-21-2011, 07:52 PM
That's about right.

I agree with most of what's been said here except the high scores. I would probably say 16-6 maybe 16-13 A&M if Texas manages to get a turnover deep in A&M territory.

I could see that, actually. Lots on the line, real physical play, both sides beat up.. good points.

johngateswhiteley
11-22-2011, 03:34 PM
I do not think most understand the gravity of this game.. its fucking massive. At least, people do not seem to be talking about it much here in Austin. Not many real fans I suppose, or perhaps, they think its going to be a beat down.

DesignatedT
11-22-2011, 04:12 PM
I do not think most understand the gravity of this game.. its fucking massive. At least, people do not seem to be talking about it much here in Austin. Not many real fans I suppose, or perhaps, they think its going to be a beat down.

Trust me, if they had a better team in Austin this year they would be all over this game talking about how huge the implications are but since they expect to lose its "just another game".

coyotes_geek
11-22-2011, 04:12 PM

Two mediocre teams and this being the last game for the forseeable future has pretty much sucked the life out of this one.

DesignatedT
11-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Kyle field will be absolutely electric on Thursday night. The Aggies want this one bad, Life very much remains in this one.

coyotes_geek
11-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Should have noted that I was speaking as an Austin resident. I have no doubts Kyle Field will have a lot of life to it.

DesignatedT
11-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Oh alright well I can see that. That type of defeated attitude comes with winning territory there in Austin. It's National Championship or bust there. The excitement of the season was lost a long time ago for them.

johngateswhiteley
11-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Trust me, if they had a better team in Austin this year they would be all over this game talking about how huge the implications are but since they expect to lose its "just another game".

So true. Living in Austin, I can attest to that.. fans around here, for the most part, are pathetic.

shyne
11-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Oh alright well I can see that. That type of defeated attitude comes with winning territory there in Austin. It's National Championship or bust there. The excitement of the season was lost a long time ago for them.

What's it like in college station gallery furniture bowl or bust?

The Reckoning
11-22-2011, 05:38 PM
What's it like in college station gallery furniture bowl or bust?

beat UT or bust...11-1 is a failed season if they lose to UT. on the other hand, 1-11 is a great season if they win.

UT wins because the most disciplined games theyve played this year have been on the road.

17-6

leemajors
11-22-2011, 05:44 PM
So true. Living in Austin, I can attest to that.. fans around here, for the most part, are pathetic.

When did you move down here?

leemajors
11-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Two mediocre teams and this being the last game for the forseeable future has pretty much sucked the life out of this one.

I just wish the game was still on Friday after Thanksgiving, I have to work at 5 AM Friday morning.

The Reckoning
11-22-2011, 05:53 PM

not our fault we consider OU to be a more worthy rival.

have fun getting destroyed by arkansas every year...i guess aggie will be their new little brother like they were with UT.

its ok you always have usc to high tail to...oh wait.

johngateswhiteley
11-22-2011, 06:40 PM
When did you move down here?

11 months ago from Washington. Was in Montana before that, if you recall. I like Austin, good city.. just a lot of fringe fans. You live in Austin?

johngateswhiteley
11-22-2011, 06:43 PM

have fun getting destroyed by arkansas every year...i guess aggie will be their new little brother like they were with UT.

Yes, it is exactly the longhorns fans fault. Be that as it may, I do not recall getting destroyed by Arkansas either of the last two match-ups. But, maybe that's just me..

Blake
11-22-2011, 07:00 PM
Yes, it is exactly the longhorns fans fault.

rofl.

rivalry occurs naturally through competitive games. That's why it's silly when aggy downplays the rivalry that Tech and A&M had.

it's not the longhorn fans fault that the aggies have sucked huge amounts of big 12 cock this past decade.

ChumpDumper
11-22-2011, 07:07 PM
So UT's plan is to keep playing on Thanksgiving against a rotating roster of opponents -- I guess Tech, TCU and Baylor unless some payday matchup can be arranged.

leemajors
11-22-2011, 07:13 PM
11 months ago from Washington. Was in Montana before that, if you recall. I like Austin, good city.. just a lot of fringe fans. You live in Austin?

ya i just assumed you were still in missoula. i have been in Austin since 95.

johngateswhiteley
11-22-2011, 07:22 PM
rofl.

rivalry occurs naturally through competitive games. That's why it's silly when aggy downplays the rivalry that Tech and A&M had.

it's not the longhorn fans fault that the aggies have sucked huge amounts of big 12 cock this past decade.

tekk & A&M is, and was, very much a rivalry. tekk is simply not our main rival.

DesignatedT
11-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Lol who ever said A&M and Tech weren't rivals?

Sisk
11-22-2011, 07:30 PM
UT wins because the most disciplined games theyve played this year have been on the road.

17-6

:lmao

Sisk
11-22-2011, 07:31 PM

its ok you always have usc to high tail to...oh wait.

LSU will be our main rival.

johngateswhiteley
11-22-2011, 07:34 PM
ya i just assumed you were still in missoula. i have been in Austin since 95.

cool. yeah, I miss Missoula.. thats a freakin' great city. Would not mind moving back some day.

Austin is nice though.

Blake
11-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Lol who ever said A&M and Tech weren't rivals?

It's been a while.

If someone calls strawman, I wouldn't argue that its not.

Blake
11-22-2011, 08:13 PM
LSU will be our main rival.

Roflno

ChumpDumper
11-22-2011, 08:17 PM
LSU will be our main rival.Good one.

johngateswhiteley
11-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Good one.

except, they will be our main rival. i am sure back when A&M was beating their ass and the tigers bought themselves out of the remaining contracted games, most outside fans would have felt similar.. but in the other direction.

ChumpDumper
11-22-2011, 08:45 PM
except, they will be our main rival. i am sure back when A&M was beating their ass and the tigers bought themselves out of the remaining contracted games, most outside fans would have felt similar.. but in the other direction.When was this?

DesignatedT
11-22-2011, 09:15 PM
90s

ChumpDumper
11-22-2011, 09:28 PM
90sTwo conferences ago?

DesignatedT
11-22-2011, 09:53 PM
What does that have to do with anything? lmao

A&M has played LSU 50 times. The 2 have a lot of history together. A&M has played Oklahoma 30 times and Okie State 27 times just to compare.

A&M has played Arkansas 68 times. We have played Texas Tech 70 times in history. Another rivalry that will pick up just fine.

The only long lasting rivalries that are being lost here are Texas (not our choice) and Baylor (wgaf).

scottspurs
11-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Regardless of how many times they have played I doubt LSU will ever view A&M as a rival.

Blake
11-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Arkansas will be A&Ms rival.

Jerry will continue to make sure of that, imo

DesignatedT
11-22-2011, 10:14 PM
LSU has no natural rival right now. The SEC has been trying to push Arkansas/LSU on eachother for awhile now but it just hasn't caught on like A&M/LSU will.

All of the old Ags/Tigers know how much of a heated rivalry it used to be and the close location between the schools, future recruiting battles and annual games will definitely turn it into a rivalry again.

Of course we will have to do our part and win against them if we want to be taken serious but it will definitely turn into a heated game between eachother. If you wander over to tigerdroppings there are tons who want to see LSU/A&M Thanksgiving weekend in the future.

DesignatedT
11-22-2011, 10:17 PM
Not to mention that LSU has a ton of alumni that live in Houston and so does A&M. All the resources are there for the game to turn into a big time rivalry and I think it will over time.

coyotes_geek
11-22-2011, 10:20 PM
I just wish the game was still on Friday after Thanksgiving, I have to work at 5 AM Friday morning.

Ouch! That sucks.

I like having the game on Thanksgiving Day though. When I was a student and the game was in CS we'd have our family Thanksgiving dinner tailgate style. Easily my favorite Thanksgivings.

coyotes_geek
11-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Not to mention that LSU has a ton of alumni that live in Houston and so does A&M. All the resources are there for the game to turn into a big time rivalry and I think it will over time.

Sorry. The tech and texas fans have spoken. LSU doesn't get to be our rival. :(

DesignatedT
11-22-2011, 10:38 PM
I understand that not everyone knows the history between the schools, especially since they hadn't played in 15 years until last season but it's there.

leemajors
11-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Ouch! That sucks.

I like having the game on Thanksgiving Day though. When I was a student and the game was in CS we'd have our family Thanksgiving dinner tailgate style. Easily my favorite Thanksgivings.

I work European hours, so I don't get US holidays but I do get 2.5x pay, and am off at 2. Not a bad tradeoff.

coyotes_geek
11-22-2011, 10:46 PM
I work European hours, so I don't get US holidays but I do get 2.5x pay, and am off at 2. Not a bad tradeoff.

Not bad at all. :tu

Cant_Be_Faded
11-22-2011, 11:01 PM
tekk & A&M is, and was, very much a rivalry. tekk is simply not our main rival.

You would be surprised how many aggie alumni do not consider it a rivalry, whereas all tech considers it a rivalry.

coyotes_geek
11-22-2011, 11:02 PM
I understand that not everyone knows the history between the schools, especially since they hadn't played in 15 years until last season but it's there.

Definitely. Especially in Houston.

Sisk
11-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Do you people think that LSU has always been #1 throughout it's entire history? Will yall ever learn that College Football is cyclical? :lmao

West Virginia won 10 games mutliple seasons. Look where they are now. Ohio State. Michigan. Syracuse. Miami. etc. etc.

DesignatedT
11-22-2011, 11:58 PM
I heard Shipley is playing for you guys.

scottspurs
11-23-2011, 12:22 AM
Yeah shipley is in and word is Malcolm Brown is nearing 100%. Still not enough if QB play doesn't drastically change overnight.

johngateswhiteley
11-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Do you people think that LSU has always been #1 throughout it's entire history? Will yall ever learn that College Football is cyclical? :lmao

West Virginia won 10 games mutliple seasons. Look where they are now. Ohio State. Michigan. Syracuse. Miami. etc. etc.

whoa whoa, slow down.. that makes too much sense.

johngateswhiteley
11-23-2011, 12:43 AM
Regardless of how many times they have played I doubt LSU will ever view A&M as a rival.

this is incredibly ignorant and a complete disregard of history & geography.

Sisk
11-23-2011, 03:04 AM

You're talking like Louisiana borders Texas. Stupid aggy.

ChumpDumper
11-23-2011, 04:04 AM
It'll be fun to see if any real animosity can develop rather than be manufactured.

The Reckoning
11-23-2011, 05:54 AM
It'll be fun to see if any real animosity can develop rather than be manufactured.

not until they can wipe every hint of anti-UT sentiment from every one of their traditions and replace it with some lame anti-bayou statement. there will be a hollow feeling in aggies for years to come. i almost feel sorry for them. whenever that rancher who wasted so much time, effort and money to shape his steer's horns down has to euthanize it because of its insignificance, itll be reminescent of the last scene in ol' yeller.

there will be maroon tears, oh yes. rivers and rivers of maroon tears.

its akin to ole piss flipping to a black bear.

but somehow its UT fans fault lol

benefactor
11-23-2011, 06:57 AM
Not sure that having LSU hold you down by the back of the neck while jamming a purple and gold, tiger shaped dildo up your ass every season would be considered a rivalry.

johngateswhiteley
11-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Not sure that having LSU hold you down by the back of the neck while jamming a purple and gold, tiger shaped dildo up your ass every season would be considered a rivalry.

do you know how to read? ..just checking.

Blake
11-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Sorry. The tech and texas fans have spoken. LSU doesn't get to be our rival. :(

Has LSU spoken?

I know Jerry Jones has.

DMX7
11-23-2011, 11:01 AM

This. Maybe if Adidas designed Aggy a special gimp style uniform then LOGO TV could broadcast the game, but I'd hardly describe that as a rivalry or even as football.

Blake
11-23-2011, 11:08 AM
You would be surprised how many aggie alumni do not consider it a rivalry, whereas all tech considers it a rivalry.

I'm a bit surprised that they are surprised

DeadlyDynasty
11-23-2011, 11:18 AM

This. No one gives a shit if there was a rivalry years ago...this game would be an annual holiday rapin' if the "rivalry" were to resume. Don't give me that "cyclical" bullshit either, cause when has A&M ever been on top? They've had periods of sucking intermixed with periods of sucking a little less.

Blake
11-23-2011, 11:19 AM

the way aggy completely disregards the history and geography between A&M and Baylor?

Stupid aggy.

agreed

DMX7
11-23-2011, 11:20 AM
lol, this was supposed to be Aggy's return to glory year. One more choke job and they could be a .500 ball club, lolz.

Sisk
11-23-2011, 11:42 AM
This. No one gives a shit if there was a rivalry years ago...this game would be an annual holiday rapin' if the "rivalry" were to resume. Don't give me that "cyclical" bullshit either, cause when has A&M ever been on top? They've had periods of sucking intermixed with periods of sucking a little less.

How are your little hurricanes doing these days?

In the 1990s, Texas A&M was dominant at Kyle Field with a 55-4-1 (92.5 winning percentage) record.

I guess 92.5% is sucking a little less.

It's not "manufactured" in any way. You think all of the Aggies from the 90s when we whooped LSU's ass constantly have forgotten the rivalry? Well, it was one until they cancelled on us because they got sick of losing. It will be a rivalry and there's already bad blood with those former students.

Keep telling yourself college sports aren't cyclical, and your precious hurricanes are still on top. It'll hurt less.

DMX7
11-23-2011, 11:48 AM
lol, so now Aggies are the 199X Homefield National Champions? Masters of lower/changing the goalposts for success. lol best 5 loss team in the country.

DeadlyDynasty
11-23-2011, 11:49 AM
You really wanna compare The U to a&m? :rollin

Aggies have the same record as Miami this year--and this is with Jacory Harris at quarterback. That's the present.

Shall we compare the past?

DesignatedT
11-23-2011, 11:50 AM
lol, so now Aggies are the 199X Homefield National Champions? Masters of lower/changing the goalposts for success. lol best 5 loss team in the country.

lol 4/6 after tomorrow.

DesignatedT
11-23-2011, 11:53 AM

Aggies have the same record as Miami this year--and this is with Jacory Harris at quarterback. That's the present.

His point wasn't to compare the 2 schools dipshit, it was to show that the landscape of college football constantly changes. It goes in cycles. LSU isn't going to stay #1 forever. They will go into a 5-10 year rebuilding process one day just like everyone else.

Sisk
11-23-2011, 11:55 AM

But you said don't give me that cyclical crap. What happened to "THE U" then?
And Michigan
And Notre Dame
And Ohio State
And West Virginia
And TCU
And Florida
And Florida State
And Penn State (inevitable downfall)

DMX7
11-23-2011, 11:57 AM
His point wasn't to compare the 2 schools dipshit, it was to show that the landscape of college football constantly changes. It goes in cycles. LSU isn't going to stay #1 forever. They will go into a 5-10 year rebuilding process one day just like everyone else.

DeadlyDynasty's point is that post-WWII (lol), Aggies have never had the upswing cycle Miami, LSU or Texas has had.

DesignatedT
11-23-2011, 11:58 AM
DeadlyDynasty's point is that post-WWII, Aggies have never had the upswing cycle Miami, LSU or Texas has had.

Neither has 90% of the college football world. Doesn't mean it isn't going to happen or they haven't gotten close. We were very good in the 90s, including 8 straight seasons ranked in the top 20 and 3 straight ranked in the top 10.

Sisk
11-23-2011, 12:01 PM
DeadlyDynasty's point is that post-WWII (lol), Aggies have never had the upswing cycle Miami, LSU or Texas has had.

I literally just gave you a stat saying otherwise. You realize we won the b12 in the 90s? I doubt you do, but it happened.

What can I expect from a guy who started a "Fuck Tim Duncan" thread though.

DeadlyDynasty
11-23-2011, 12:02 PM
But you said don't give me that cyclical crap. What happened to "THE U" then?
And Michigan
And Notre Dame
And Ohio State
And West Virginia
And TCU
And Florida
And Florida State
And Penn State (inevitable downfall)

The cyclical argument doesnt work when your team hasnt done shit.

What kind of cycle is it when you havent won since Wizard of Oz was in theaters?

Sisk
11-23-2011, 12:03 PM
The cyclical argument doesnt work when your team has never won shit.

What kind of cycle is it when you havent won since Wizard of Oz was in theaters?

I just showed you otherwise. Read the other posts. Don't want to hold your hand

DMX7
11-23-2011, 12:07 PM
I just showed you otherwise. Read the other posts. Don't want to hold your hand

1991 to 2001...

Alamo Bowl and Galleryfurniture.com Bowl Champions. That's your "upswing" glory years, you fucking idiot?

Sisk
11-23-2011, 12:09 PM
1991 to 2001...

Alamo Bowl and Galleryfurniture.com Bowl Champions. That's your "upswing" glory years, you fucking idiot?

What year was the gallery furniture bowl? Hth

Sisk
11-23-2011, 12:09 PM
How precious you edited your post because you realized your ignorance. You're learning!

DesignatedT
11-23-2011, 12:12 PM
Lol turning this into "What has A&M accomplished argument".

Nobody said A&M has had the success that schools like Texas or Miami has had. Not once.

When we say college football is cyclical, that doesn't mean we're saying that A&M is going to be winning National Championships in 10 years. It's simply stating that even the greatest of teams have their down years and to automatically assume that A&M will never be able to compete with teams like LSU is just plain retarded, especially since we have proved in history that we can.

DesignatedT
11-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Id be willing to bet that 30 years down the road the LSU/A&M h2h record will be close to an even split.

I mean how can A&M (a team who has never "won shit" in its history) compete with schools like LSU or Texas. It's not like A&M has a 16-14 record vs Texas the last 30 years. Oh wait, they do.

I guess we will never be able to hang with LSU though. Great logic.

Juan
11-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Id be willing to bet that 30 years down the road the LSU/A&M h2h record will be close to an even split.

I mean how can A&M (a team who has never "won shit" in its history) compete with schools like LSU or Texas. It's not like A&M has a 16-14 record vs Texas the last 30 years. Oh wait, they do.

Owned by an aggy.

stretch
11-23-2011, 01:10 PM

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

DesignatedT
11-23-2011, 01:12 PM
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

So are you insinuating that LSU is that much better of a program than Texas? I mean that's exactly what you are saying, because the last 30 years A&M leads Texas 16-14.

I guess Texas has nothing on LSUs football program. Not now, not ever.

scottspurs
11-23-2011, 01:46 PM
:lol

Sisk
11-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Shit talking will disappear at about 10PM tomorrow.

shyne
11-23-2011, 02:00 PM
I'll still be here, cause it doesn't change shit. A win or loss isn't gonna change that this season. Everyone knew ags had the better team by far this year, just because y'all have been choking games away all season, doesn't mean the talent and experience isn't there.

Regardless of outcome both teams will play in a shitty ass bowl against another shitty ass team. But I'll be here regardless, will you if your guys manage to give away another game?

Blake
11-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Lol turning this into "What has A&M accomplished argument".

then let's go back to the "A&M will be LSU's main rival" argument.

much funnier, tbh.

Sisk
11-23-2011, 02:04 PM
I'll still be here, cause it doesn't change shit. A win or loss isn't gonna change that this season. Everyone knew ags had the better team by far this year, just because y'all have been choking games away all season, doesn't mean the talent and experience isn't there.

Regardless of outcome both teams will play in a shitty ass bowl against another shitty ass team. But I'll be here regardless, will you if your guys manage to give away another game?

I've been here throughout this abortion of a season. I'll be here.

shyne
11-23-2011, 02:07 PM
It's a lose lose for ags. They win and Sherman prob gets to keep his job after ruining what was said to be best ags team in years.

They lose and people are jumping off the top of Kyle field and rioting in the streets.

Bill_Brasky
11-23-2011, 02:13 PM
So are you insinuating that LSU is that much better of a program than Texas? I mean that's exactly what you are saying, because the last 30 years A&M leads Texas 16-14.

I guess Texas has nothing on LSUs football program. Not now, not ever.

Aggy: picking arbitrary years and claiming scoreboard.

DesignatedT
11-23-2011, 02:25 PM
It's a lose lose for ags. They win and Sherman prob gets to keep his job after ruining what was said to be best ags team in years.

They lose and people are jumping off the top of Kyle field and rioting in the streets.

Sherman is staying even if we lose.

DesignatedT
11-23-2011, 02:26 PM

No just pointing out the fact that if we can hold our own against Texas than why would we not be able to hold our own against LSU.... It's quite simple really.

Unless you guys think LSU has a much better program than Texas does. Stretch seems to think so.

DesignatedT
11-23-2011, 02:31 PM
then let's go back to the "A&M will be LSU's main rival" argument.

much funnier, tbh.

Who's your main rival? Baylor?

I actually find that to be the funniest.

Sisk
11-23-2011, 02:38 PM

Arbitrary = most recent 30 years? :lmao

Blake
11-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Who's your main rival? Baylor?

I actually find that to be the funniest.

I don't know any Tech or Baylor fan that thinks our schools are or will ever be 'main rivals'.

I do know that in this thread, aggy claims LSU will be their main rival.

I really, really find that to be roflmao hysterical.

Blake
11-23-2011, 02:43 PM

yup.

par for the aggy failure course

leemajors
11-23-2011, 02:56 PM

just as arbitrary as a UT fan claiming the 50 before that, yes.

johngateswhiteley
11-23-2011, 02:58 PM

Facts and logic mean nothing to t.u. fan, they get just as worked up and emotional in regards to us as we do with them.. regardless of their dismissive nature.

johngateswhiteley
11-23-2011, 03:04 PM
I don't know any Tech or Baylor fan that thinks our schools are or will ever be 'main rivals'.

I do know that in this thread, aggy claims LSU will be their main rival.

I really, really find that to be roflmao hysterical.

Designated T made some great points that nobody seems to be responding too..

1) Cyclical nature of CFB
2) Past success against LSU & other top schools (surely history repeats itself)

...nobody is saying LSU would not beat us now.

LeeMajors,

Yes, t.u. has had the better of A&M and a more consistent program over the years. But surely you must realize the overall record, while lopsided, is not particularly indicative of the 2 schools as they currently stand. texas was given all the advantages early on and for many years led to the overall disparity (home field for years, resources). A more recent look into the match-up makes sense. Though, I am not discounting t.u.'s wins.

shyne
11-23-2011, 03:17 PM
I agree with college football being cyclical, but ags haven't been relevant since I think 1998. That's to dam long. This was their year to get back on the map and they fucked it up. If Texas took 14 years to get back to top caliber status I would lose my dan mind.

DeadlyDynasty
11-23-2011, 03:44 PM
1991 to 2001...

How precious you edited your post because you realized your ignorance. You're learning!

I edited it from you never won shit to you haven't done shit...I didn't wanna short you the NC a&m won 72 years ago. Consider it a compliment.

Way to put yourself out there with that bet!...predicting shit 30 years into the future:lol
So when are you expecting this "cycle" to change? LSU's been dominant for about a decade now and they show no signs of letting up any time soon. A&M has pretty much been a non-factor in that same time period.

Thinking you'll (eventually) be the rivals of a powerhouse SEC team when you can't even break .500 in your own conference is beyond delusions of grandeur.

Just the thought of calling A&M and LSU a rivalry is enough to declare you legally retarded.

Blake
11-23-2011, 03:58 PM
...nobody is saying LSU would not beat us now.

because it goes without saying that LSU would beat the shit out of A&M now.

yet still somehow aggy is saying LSU will be their main rival.

rofl dumbasses.

scottspurs
11-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Aggies main rival will be Ole Miss if anything. Winner doesn't place last in SEC west.

The Reckoning
11-23-2011, 11:35 PM
aggies have always been here, celebrating UT's losses ahead of their own wins

The Reckoning
11-23-2011, 11:39 PM
lol too easy to get aggies chasing their tails in circles over the hint of a topic

johngateswhiteley
11-24-2011, 02:14 AM
lol too easy to get aggies chasing their tails in circles over the hint of a topic

goes both ways.. t.u. fan is no different.

ChumpDumper
11-24-2011, 06:02 AM
goes both ways.. t.u. fan is no different.Why do you call it t.u.?

benefactor
11-24-2011, 09:05 AM
t.u. fan
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss247/jason_is_wanted/laughing.gifhttp://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss247/jason_is_wanted/laughing.gif
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss247/jason_is_wanted/laughing.gifhttp://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss247/jason_is_wanted/laughing.gif

Sisk
11-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Why do you call it t.u.?

Can you not read? Already posted the explanation.

johngateswhiteley
11-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Can you not read? Already posted the explanation.

he knows why; just having fun. move along.

ChumpDumper
11-24-2011, 12:25 PM
I know what it means; that's not what I asked.

Sisk
11-24-2011, 06:39 PM
ESPN reporting Cyrus is out. Fuck.

Malena better step up.

ThePop
11-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Pre-game news looks good for the horns. Gray out, MB, Joe, and Shipley playing(not sure if he will be effective with a brace). But then I remember that we don't have a QB.

shyne
11-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Ash is gonna deliver tonight book it !

benefactor
11-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Craptastic start...but Aggie getting a big lead is probably the best chance at winning.

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 08:26 PM
in before Aggies crap the bed in the 4th!
:depressed

benefactor
11-24-2011, 08:32 PM
Offense has been very predictable so far.

ThePop
11-24-2011, 08:36 PM
I wonder in which quarter we will get our first 1st down

benefactor
11-24-2011, 08:38 PM
I wonder in which quarter we will get our first 1st down
Indeed. It already looks like last week.

benefactor
11-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Awful.

benefactor
11-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Defense steps up again. I'm almost scared to see the next offensive possession.

ThePop
11-24-2011, 08:46 PM
painful to watch

benefactor
11-24-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm starting to think I will have a lot more Crown than I usually drink before halftime.

benefactor
11-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Lord...it's about damn time.

ThePop
11-24-2011, 08:52 PM
That first down felt like a touchdown to me.

benefactor
11-24-2011, 08:54 PM
That first down felt like a touchdown to me.
:lol...no shit.

benefactor
11-24-2011, 08:58 PM
Well so much for that.

leemajors
11-24-2011, 08:59 PM
lol this is pitiful shit.

leemajors
11-24-2011, 09:07 PM
that's game right there!

ThePop
11-24-2011, 09:13 PM
*sees Texas recover a punt*
Me: We'll be lucky to get 5 yards

Edit: F yes

benefactor
11-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Big, big play. Now they have to figure out how to score conventionally.

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 09:15 PM
WoW... jus, WOW!

leemajors
11-24-2011, 09:15 PM
stop saying trickeration, musberger already killed it

ThePop
11-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Start Jaxon at QB?

This season touchdown passes:
Case 4
Ash 3
Jaxon 2

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Here we fuckin go!!!

Goddammit!

benefactor
11-24-2011, 09:19 PM
Another turnover. Capitalize, damn it.

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Wanted the hold but I'll take the fumble!!!!

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 09:36 PM
No trickeration this time!

benefactor
11-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Ugh...I like Harsin but that was ill timed.

Bill_Brasky
11-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Stupid, stupid throw.

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 09:41 PM
2nd & 24 & you run a draw, seriously???!

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Stay inbounds tanny!!!!

leemajors
11-24-2011, 09:47 PM
this is epically inept (this drive)

benefactor
11-24-2011, 09:57 PM
lol showing the bonfire fail

scottspurs
11-24-2011, 09:59 PM
If Texas wins with this offense they should have a parade.

benefactor
11-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Dammit Robinson fuck.

benefactor
11-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Deeeefeeensssseeee

leemajors
11-24-2011, 10:25 PM
lol

shyne
11-24-2011, 10:26 PM
The boys are grinding the d is playing their hearts out.

benefactor
11-24-2011, 10:29 PM
I love this defense. Dammit offense give them something.

benefactor
11-24-2011, 10:32 PM
Hell yeah!!!!!!

benefactor
11-24-2011, 10:35 PM
Leading bitch. Hang on boys.

shyne
Playing their hearts out win or lose I'm proud

leemajors
ags are seriously hurting without their rbs

benefactor
11-24-2011, 10:39 PM
ags are seriously hurting without their rbs
It's bad. I would be pissed if I were Aggie fan. They probably could have won this game comfortably with Gray and Michael.

shyne
11-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Kenny v fuck ya

benefactor
11-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Aggie going into the fetal position.

benefactor
11-24-2011, 10:41 PM
A touchdown here could end the game.

shyne
11-24-2011, 10:46 PM
Need a big play here

DMX7
11-24-2011, 10:48 PM
A touchdown here could end the game.

Only the 3rd quarter...

benefactor
11-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Brown with a huge, timely run.

shyne
11-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Yes baby

benefactor
11-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Only the 3rd quarter...
You are not familiar with Aggie's ability to recover after losing a lead.

benefactor
11-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Getting it done. Stay focused.

Fpoonsie
11-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Hard to watch.

Ugh.

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 10:51 PM
That TD jus took it outta us...

Fpoonsie
11-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Tannehill has completely lost control of his arm.

Christ.

shyne
11-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Keep playing hard boys

Halberto
11-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Our defense looks amazing. Can't wait to see this young team next year!

benefactor
11-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Tannehill has completely lost control of his arm.

Christ.
He's badly rattled. If A&M is going to have a chance he needs to get himself calmed down and get his head back in this game.

Halberto
11-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Whats up with Walters snapping like that?

Fpoonsie
11-24-2011, 11:02 PM
He's badly rattled. If A&M is going to have a chance he needs to get himself calmed down and get his head back in this game.

Yeah. And, as previously mentioned, considering A&M has relied so heavily on the run this year and not worried so much (if at all) about their QB's mental fortitude, I'm not too optimistic.

Molina (sp?) looks to have shot his wad in the 1st quarter.

DMX7
11-24-2011, 11:03 PM
McCoy's brainfart may have ended that drive.

Halberto
11-24-2011, 11:11 PM
lol @ the aggies thinking that inc pass was a fumble

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 11:13 PM
WoW, short punt!

ThePop
11-24-2011, 11:13 PM
smh we better have a good punter next year.

Fpoonsie
11-24-2011, 11:16 PM
lol @ the aggies thinking that inc pass was a fumble

Uh...you always pick up a ball thrown like that.

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 11:19 PM
NIce punt....

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 11:19 PM
yup... till the whistle blows!

ThePop
11-24-2011, 11:20 PM

I think he meant the fans.

Fpoonsie
11-24-2011, 11:20 PM
I can't even get hard for a beautifully downed punt like that with how Ryan's lookin out there.

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Lets see what he punts this time?

benefactor
11-24-2011, 11:30 PM
FG. A&M probably has to have one anyway.

benefactor
11-24-2011, 11:31 PM
Offense...please for the love of God...just get a couple of first downs.

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 11:31 PM
DAMMIT Tanny!

Fpoonsie
11-24-2011, 11:34 PM
DAMMIT Tanny!

[sigh] That shoula been 6.

benefactor
11-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Wow...big mistake by Aggie.

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 11:35 PM
Nooooooooooooo, TJ-E!!!

benefactor
11-24-2011, 11:36 PM
These announcers are so fucking stupid. Let's see you do something with the shitfest that is the Texas QB situation.

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 11:37 PM
GOOD hold D!

Lets see what Tanny is made of!

benefactor
This is it. One defensive stand away.

Win.

DMX7
Well... here we go. This is the game. You know UT offense won't have an answer if A&M can get a TD.

Amarelooms
11-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Texas Punter sucks....gonna cost them...30 yard punts? HORRIBLE

:elephant

benefactor
11-24-2011, 11:41 PM
All this firing in the endzone is stupid. They should be trying to get a first down.

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 11:41 PM
A&M jus got fucked by the refs!!!

Fpoonsie
11-24-2011, 11:42 PM
All this firing in the endzone is stupid. They should be trying to get a first down.

This is EXACTLY what I've been yelling at the screen. Fuck the blown PI call.

benefactor
11-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Well hell...that's the game.

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Go 4 two!!

Amarelooms
11-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Texas sucks...better let Mcoy and that other clown go...horrible QBs

Fpoonsie
11-24-2011, 11:46 PM
Oh my fucking god. I'm gonna throw up.

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 11:47 PM
well that was a crap play call

ThePop
"If the longhorns can get in field goal range..."

HAHAHAhAHAHa

Amarelooms
lol at the Aggies...shit Texas Team...playing at home and barely win....nothing to be proud of

benefactor
11-24-2011, 11:49 PM
"If the longhorns can get in field goal range..."

HAHAHAhAHAHa

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 11:49 PM
Penalty!

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 11:50 PM
PUSSY call!

ThePop
11-24-2011, 11:50 PM
lolwut, that was a bad call but i'll take it

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 11:53 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/803100/h3iao.jpg

benefactor
Baby Cart!

Fpoonsie
I can't fucking believe that penalty call.

I'm speechless.

LakerHater
11-24-2011, 11:56 PM
What would it be, like a 39 yrdr??

benefactor
11-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Wooooo!!!!!!!!

DeadlyDynasty
11-25-2011, 12:01 AM
:rollin

DMX7
11-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Tucker is fuckin' MONEY!!!!

DMX7
11-25-2011, 12:05 AM
76-37-5... The END.

leemajors
11-25-2011, 12:10 AM
great, ugly game. fitting end to the series i guess.

The Reckoning
11-25-2011, 12:13 AM
LOL i predicted a UT win and everyone laughed.

bye aggies, you can take your fight song and sing it else where. its been a great series. heres a toast :toast horns up and secya.

DMX7
11-25-2011, 12:23 AM

bye aggies, you can take your fight song and sing it else where. its been a great series.

Let's be honest. This was a miracle. Aggies had every advantage imaginable except being choke artists. Well... maybe I'm not giving the defense enough credit because it was sick.

The Reckoning
11-25-2011, 12:25 AM
Let's be honest. This was a miracle. Aggies had every advantage imaginable except being choke artists. Well... maybe I'm not giving the defense enough credit because it was sick.

but theyre unstoppable at home. the 12th man wins the ball game for them. i guess the fans failed the team.

TFloss32
11-25-2011, 12:27 AM
The Aggie staff needs to be shot. How did that even happen?

shyne
11-25-2011, 12:36 AM
Btw diggs is a fucken badass

The Reckoning
11-25-2011, 12:38 AM
"Oh we'll still be here!" -- aggies

someone better find their addresses and send officers to their homes to make sure theres not a new addition to their wardrobe!

scottspurs
11-25-2011, 12:45 AM

bye aggies, you can take your fight song and sing it else where. its been a great series. heres a toast :toast horns up and secya.

Your the only one I can remember who picked UT. :toast I would have guaranteed a win though if I knew Texas was going to put up 27.:lol

VBM
11-25-2011, 12:46 AM
Well, I guess that salvages the season somewhat...

Dex
11-25-2011, 02:27 AM
Awesome game. Couldn't have scripted a better way to rip out the Aggie's heart one last time.

ThePop
11-25-2011, 02:44 AM
9UFJ3XNg3Uc

johngateswhiteley
11-25-2011, 03:06 AM
The Aggie staff needs to be shot. How did that even happen?

Yes sir. Congratulations to the Texas Longhorns.. well played gentleman. Impressive win by a team on the road that, should have had no chance to win. We were inept, Aggie jokes to ensue, there is no defense.

Good luck next year, I know we will need it. Thanks for the memories. 118 years of underachieving like only Aggies can do..

Well played.. well played.

leemajors
11-25-2011, 07:32 AM
whooooooooooops!!